Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Play station definitely wins out there. Isn't Resogun free next month....and the (so far) game getting the best review scores.
Both Resogun and Contrast are free. Contrast has been getting decent reviews, but they say it looks amazing, and yes Resogun is one of the highest rated games. Not to mention they have released all the other titles that will be free alongside Driveclub, we get Outlast, don't starve, and secret ponchos as well...

Larry Herb @majornelson just posted this on twitter:

Great news: Access to free games each month is coming for Xbox Live Gold members on #XboxOne – Details coming later in 2014

Not gonna complain about getting free games, now to see if they are gonna give stuff that I will have already bought or not by then :p

My guess is the free games will be what doesn't well and mostly first party games.

My guess is Zoo Tycoon (XB1 Version is actually exclusive to Wal-Mart in the US) and Lococycle for Feb/March. They said they are announcing it in 2014 so It's not something they will reveal ASAP. They don't want to piss in peoples cheerios that are buying Lococycle or Zoo Tycoon at launch... just yet anyways.

My guess is the free games will be what doesn't well and mostly first party games.

My guess is Zoo Tycoon (XB1 Version is actually exclusive to Wal-Mart in the US) and Lococycle for Feb/March. They said they are announcing it in 2014 so It's not something they will reveal ASAP. They don't want to piss in peoples cheerios that are buying Lococycle or Zoo Tycoon at launch... just yet anyways.
That's possible, I am really looking forward to Zoo Tycoon myself though and will be getting it at launch, but it wouldn't surprise me if that one is free eventually

So do we have any definite word on whether extra xbox ones will be day one editions at any store? 

Like the ones who arent accounted for in preorders and will be sold to the line 

So do we have any definite word on whether extra xbox ones will be day one editions at any store?

Like the ones who arent accounted for in preorders and will be sold to the line
I thought someone earlier reported that their store was getting non-day ones for the extras but I am not 100%

GameStop is not getting extra day ones. I don't know about bestbuy or other retailers but day one consoles were for pre orders. We will however have standard edition consoles if something changes I'll let you know but as far as I'm informed as of now no. If people don't pick up there pre orders we can sell it after 48 hours.

I fully agree that the games you listed are prime candidates for GwG, but I think even Feb/March is still too soon. Not so much that MS doesn't want to give them away that soon, just that, like you say, there will be a lot of people complaining about their urine flavored Cheerios. I'd guess 6 months, so May 2014.

The other thing they could do, which is honestly a better idea IMO and keeps people's Cheerios urine free, is give away new games for free like PS+ is doing for PS4. Contrast, Resogun, Binding of Isaac, Outlast, and more are all going to be free on PS+ day one, that way nobody already owns them. Not sure if MS has any indie stuff in their pipeline for early to mid 2014, but giving away a few similar games like that should result in less angry customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
any word on any launch week deals from Amazon, etc next week like we saw for ps4?
It was rumored they were going to do something similar. Take that with a grain of salt since everyone said Target would do a B2G1 free event both weeks.

I did go ahead a preorder BF4 through them....just in case they do B1G1

It was rumored they were going to do something similar. Take that with a grain of salt since everyone said Target would do a B2G1 free event both weeks.

I did go ahead a preorder BF4 through them....just in case they do B1G1
I wish I would know if they are doing a B1G1 or not, gotta decide where I want to finalize my orders at and the longer I wait the more places are gonna stop doing them (Such as how BB isn't doing In-store pick up orders anymore)

Man I really hope Amazon does either a B2G1 or for people who pre-ordered a game offer a B1G1.  Kind of sucks Target ran their deal this week.  You would think M$ has enough cache to tell Target for the F up of shipping 150 consoles to run a deal on X1 games but apparently not.  Would love to snatch a couple more launch games for X1.

Does anyone know if the Day One Edition games will be just the first run, or are they limited? Best Buy is sold out of the sku for Dead Rising 3 Day One. But other stores don't have seperate skus, so I'm kind of confused.

He's probably talking about some ps4's having problems/bricking
Ahh..I got in on that taco bell promo to and sold the bundle this afternoon hoping that it was an isolated incident with early release consoles. Still keeping my launch edition preorder though.

Hoping retailers will have the day one edition of xbone in Stock, going to try meijer at midnight and kmart in the morning

Neo just being a huge fanboy. Ignore him.

Wasn't he complaining about PS4 fanboys?

And 6 failed consoles out of 4000 is. 0015%

Wasn't he complaining about PS4 fanboys?

And 6 failed consoles out of 4000 is. 0015%
He was, lol. Im sure someone will come in here and tell me to gtfo and call me a "sony fanboy" but I really dont think anyone can sit here and say Neo isn't being a HUGE fan boy right now.

Does anyone know if the Day One Edition games will be just the first run, or are they limited? Best Buy is sold out of the sku for Dead Rising 3 Day One. But other stores don't have seperate skus, so I'm kind of confused.
Some packages have the Day One emblem on the cover, others do not. It doesn't seem like it's only available to pre-orders, but it definitely seems like not all copies of Forza 5, Ryse, and Dead Rising 3 available will be Day One...if that makes sense.

20132210064509.png

If you look at that picture, not all of those Dead Rising 3 games have the Day One stamp or exclusive content sticker.

Still no information about those Black and Silver Day One slipcovers though.

Got a call from Gamestop this evening saying that my Xbox One Controller is ready for pick-up today. Anyone else get this call? I'll try stopping after work tomorrow, but there's probably going to be a crowd because of PS4.

Got a call from Gamestop this evening saying that my Xbox One Controller is ready for pick-up today. Anyone else get this call? I'll try stopping after work tomorrow, but there's probably going to be a crowd because of PS4.
I was at GS today and they had controllers and play charge kits behind the counter

Coolies :) I'll try to pick mine up tomorrow then if the crowd isn't bad in the afternoon. Can't use it for anything like you could the PS4 controller, but kind of neat to get a feel for it - like a tease!

I think the slips might be preorders only
Yeah, that's what I'm figuring too. I'm just surprised there's no mention of it. I expected it to be listed on sales pages like, "Pre-order and receive exclusive slipcovers." All the Xbox page even says is that they come from pre-ordering at selected retailers...but then never mention which retailers.

Maybe next week there will be much more information coming out from review sites and even the Xbox team.

Some of my games are starting to ship from Amazon and should be here on the 19th....

ofcourse im sure next week there will be some sort of deal for the games.. ill keep them sealed onto friday just in case

Some packages have the Day One emblem on the cover, others do not. It doesn't seem like it's only available to pre-orders, but it definitely seems like not all copies of Forza 5, Ryse, and Dead Rising 3 available will be Day One...if that makes sense.

If you look at that picture, not all of those Dead Rising 3 games have the Day One stamp or exclusive content sticker.

Still no information about those Black and Silver Day One slipcovers though.

Thanks for posting this. Now I'm a bit worried though, I tried preordering Ryse and Dead Rising 3 at Best Buy but its no longer available for preorder. Want to make sure I get the Day One edition if possible. Guess I'll have to show up on release day . Yuck.

Thanks for posting this. Now I'm a bit worried though, I tried preordering Ryse and Dead Rising 3 at Best Buy but its no longer available for preorder. Want to make sure I get the Day One edition if possible. Guess I'll have to show up on release day . Yuck.
can still do most if not all online....

so obvious game was ready to go no way you make tons of copys of game and ship in a week. would really like to know why they wanted to delay it

So with this day one version talk, did some googling.

Ryse-basically just a pretty god of war esque button masher

Dead Rising-never really got into the series

Forza 5-Like forza but loved horizon much more

Guess its NFS and Lego with my Ghosts digital upgrade for me

Wondering about my in store walmart pre order, even tho i dont have a pre order for PS4 i decided to call my walmart and say i did so i could get a feel of what next week will be like with my X1.

I told em i had a ps4 pre ordered and asked if i needed to come at midnight,  the electronic department  who awnsered seemed like he new what he was talking about and told me no the ones who preordered there system are set aside.  So i asked if there was people who didnt pre order lined up and he told me yeah they have been there awhile.  So i was like thats good i dont have to come at midnight and wait,  he agreed.

So hopefully the pre orders are good to go.  Hopefully they allow me to add there 3 year warranty plan when i pick it up since i forgot to ask that. lol

If you noticed the whole game DVR stuff is only in supported games if the small text in some xbox one ads are accurate.  Good news is Dead Rising 3 does support the feature!  as confirmed by this interview.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zXT_RU_b5Q

Wondering about my in store walmart pre order, even tho i dont have a pre order for PS4 i decided to call my walmart and say i did so i could get a feel of what next week will be like with my X1.

I told em i had a ps4 pre ordered and asked if i needed to come at midnight, the electronic department who awnsered seemed like he new what he was talking about and told me no the ones who preordered there system are set aside. So i asked if there was people who didnt pre order lined up and he told me yeah they have been there awhile. So i was like thats good i dont have to come at midnight and wait, he agreed.

So hopefully the pre orders are good to go. Hopefully they allow me to add there 3 year warranty plan when i pick it up since i forgot to ask that. lol
How much is that 3 year warranty and what all does it cover?

bread's done
Back