Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Please cut the PS4 talk in here please.And to those exclaiming "WHERE ARE THE MODS!?!?" keep in mind we don't read every thread. If you actually, you know, report something we'll check into it. A post in here was reported at 4:22 AM and I got to it at 5:10. Sorry it took so long in the middle of the night but I was busy playing my perfectly functional PS4 (after watching a Blu-ray on it that looked fine) ;).
Don't you sleep???

Please cut the PS4 talk in here please.

And to those exclaiming "WHERE ARE THE MODS!?!?" keep in mind we don't read every thread. If you actually, you know, report something we'll check into it. A post in here was reported at 4:22 AM and I got to it at 5:10. Sorry it took so long in the middle of the night but I was busy playing my perfectly functional PS4 (after watching a Blu-ray on it that looked fine) ;).
Why are you talking about your perfectly functional PS4 then?

I'm starting to go crazy the closer we get to launch. I have the day off of work (yes where I work is awesome, everyone knows that's why I'm taking the day off lol), midnight launch, picking up at least 4 titles (COD, BF4, Dead Rising 3, NBA 2k14 for dem SWEEEET graphics). Cannot wait I'm incredibly excited. I'm fully prepared for server problems come this launch weekend, but as long as I can eventually download that day1update, mmmmmmm gonna be a tasty weekend.

I'm starting to go crazy the closer we get to launch. I have the day off of work (yes where I work is awesome, everyone knows that's why I'm taking the day off lol), midnight launch, picking up at least 4 titles (COD, BF4, Dead Rising 3, NBA 2k14 for dem SWEEEET graphics). Cannot wait I'm incredibly excited. I'm fully prepared for server problems come this launch weekend, but as long as I can eventually download that day1update, mmmmmmm gonna be a tasty weekend.

I'm with you! I can't wait!

Please cut the PS4 talk in here please.

And to those exclaiming "WHERE ARE THE MODS!?!?" keep in mind we don't read every thread. If you actually, you know, report something we'll check into it. A post in here was reported at 4:22 AM and I got to it at 5:10. Sorry it took so long in the middle of the night but I was busy playing my perfectly functional PS4 (after watching a Blu-ray on it that looked fine) ;).
thank you that'll shut the idiots up.

I agree, progress bars are gonna be a great addition! The games that did have them built into their menus really did help when it came to ones such as "Destroy X enemies with X gun" or such, let's you know how long it should take still!

No problem, it's still cool either way, screenshot or premade image, more fun then just the little symbol it is now!
I don't know, I think I'll miss the little achievement icons. I always appreciated the simplicity of their design and how they conveyed the achievement. Of course some companies did that better than others. Valve's Orange Box achievement icons are probably some of my favorite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Controller feels great, best controller I've ever held. Just picked it up at gamestop. I believe xbox 1 will be my go to system, even with the ps4 on hand. Has anyone seen or heard of a day one edition system at any of the stores?

Blaster man said:
Don't you sleep???
Some days, not very much ;). I'm up relatively early on a Saturday because my daughter has an all-day dance competition that I have to go video. So you all behave while I'm gone!

The Carrot Cake Kid said:
Why are you talking about your perfectly functional PS4 then?
It was part response to some of the ridiculous posts that I deleted and part humor ;). And no, Neo, it isn't just that only "positive talk" is allowed but the comments in here were over the line. If you have a PS4 and have problems with it, feel free to post in a PS4-related thread. But people who don't even have one quoting random (and of course negative) PS4 Amazon reviews in the X1 preorder thread is a bit much.

I just checked my email and ms shipped my xbox one at 9:30 am. I'm happy

That is the only thing that sucks about instore preorders.

No shipping mishaps. Ugh.

[quote name="Deader2818" post="11245747" timestamp="1384626740"]
Does the Xbox One come with a 30 day trail of live or anything like that?[/quote]
What's this new Xbox One 30 day trail?

Lol and i hope if it does it stacks.

Speaking of Best Buy, they show Ghosts being available 11/16.. which is today. Anyone seen Xbox One games at Best Buy yet?

EDIT: Yep, mine shows it in stock now. YMMV

Speaking of Best Buy, they show Ghosts being available 11/16.. which is today. Anyone seen Xbox One games at Best Buy yet?

I got my Ghosts in the mail yesterday.

I mentioned something similar earlier.. it looks like Ghosts is available today.. i messed up cancelling an Amazon preorder I had expecting to still put in a preorder at best buy but they released it early..

I still have it preordered at Newegg for 47.99 but not sure If i want to wait that long for shipping

I may get and Xboxone but not until they put out a Halo 5 bundle or something would be cool. I'm happy with the ps4 for now.

Going to cancel my Day One preorder today.  Just cant pull the trigger on it right now with Forza being all I'm interested in.  Will wait for a bundle down the road.

still no email from gamestop for my ghosts upgrade.

hoping my manager at my local store does it without the coupon. I have a feeling GS is going to mess this up...

Don't mistake this as a fanboy post

I might cancel now. Getting the PS4 made me realize I don't have the time for games to warrant two consoles. But still thinking about Forza 5, lol

Was able to pre-order AC IV at my BB with it being 'out of stock' or whatnot online for in-store pick up.

I put $5 down but it said the price left is $54.99. I know the 20% reflects upon pick up though.

I got my coupon for Ghost on my account finally just not Fifa.  Also thanks to RockstarNati I was able to get a year of Xbox Live for free from microsoft expert zone!  Woohoooooo. 

Spoiler: Play any simmy-racer since 2010 and you've played them all.
But its soooooo pretty.

Might wait until GT for PS4. I Like Forza better, but the head of Polyphony said it would only take a year to get GT5 upgraded to PS4 or make GT6 for PS4 since the new engine can easily be used for a PS4 version if they decide to do it.

I have a feeling Sony will help them decide.

I just pre-ordered Forza 5 on the strength of this image and this image alone:

maxresdefault.jpg

Debating on whether buying re-chargeable batteries or a play & charge kit.

Both would be similar prices, with battery costing a few bucks less.

What's best? 

What's best?
I'm also wondering about this. A 20 pack of regular AA batteries ranges from $10 to $13 at stores around me. That would last ms quite a long time.

So looking at launch titles, the only 3 retail release exclusives are Forza, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse correct?
Forza

Dead Rising 3

Ryse

Zoo Tycoon (Wal-mart only)

Fighter Within (lol)

Zumba (double lol)

What's best?
I'd go with a set of these - http://www.amazon.com/eneloop-Pre-Charged-Rechargeable-Batteries-Position/dp/B004RP2VNI/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1384632995&sr=1-1&keywords=eneloop+charger+aa

Best rechargables I've ever used. They last forever between charges and the batteries themselves last forever.

still no email from gamestop for my ghosts upgrade.

hoping my manager at my local store does it without the coupon. I have a feeling GS is going to mess this up...
I was the first one at my Best Buy to do the next-gen upgrade. It literally took like 20-25 minutes because they were not sure how to process it.

You'll be better off spending $3 more on eneloops (I realize you might not have seen my post). They'll last longer and have a higher charge capacity (2000 mAh vs 1400 mAh) meaning they'll also last longer in your controller

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B004RP2VNI/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Forza
Dead Rising 3
Ryse
Zoo Tycoon (Wal-mart only)
Fighter Within (lol)
Zumba (double lol)
You can also pick up Zoo Tycoon at any Microsoft store

Hey now don't make fun of my Zumba!! This preggo lady is actually looking forward to trying it out on the new kinect. At least this way I'm getting the exercise I need and I do t have to go to the silly classes.
Besides it will look great right next to my Dead Rising 3 case :p

You can also pick up Zoo Tycoon at any Microsoft store

Hey now don't make fun of my Zumba!! This preggo lady is actually looking forward to trying it out on the new kinect. At least this way I'm getting the exercise I need and I do t have to go to the silly classes.
Besides it will look great right next to my Dead Rising 3 case :p
Before you buy Zumba you might want to see with the built in fitness app offers. We get a free year with our launch consoles.

Also, congrats on the baby! My wife and I are expecting our first on 1/1 :D

Before you buy Zumba you might want to see with the built in fitness app offers. We get a free year with our launch consoles.

Also, congrats on the baby! My wife and I are expecting our first on 1/1 :D
I'm looking forward to the fitness apps as well. Zumba was going to be my third game for Best Best Buys b3 get $25 promo between that and the gamers club unlocked discount it reaches a price point that I don't mind paying to try it out.

Thank you! This will be our first too, Due in April. Grats on your little one :)

What's best?
I used a Play and Charge from day one on the Xbox 360 and will be doing the same here. I plug it in when I shut the system off every 3rd or 4th day and don't even think about batteries or anything related to my controller.

bread's done
Back