Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

So will all stores be selling xbox one games tomorrow?
Most of the third party titles will go on sale tomorrow, like Battlefield, Assassins Creed, the sports games, etc. The first party titles like Forza, Dead Rising, and Ryse will be released at launch, unless some store leaks them early.

pretty excited for the console reviews going up sometime tomorrow. I know that you can't really 'review' a console, especially at launch, but my hype level is off the charts. I really fell into a gaiming lull for awhile, now I think it was just time for new consoles :D

bestkeeper14 said:
My simpel statement is that there are no must buys for the general public or reason to get either system because of a must buy. Titanfall would be a must buy type game (although not really since it's coming to xbox 360 and PC, which to me is not exclusive), or Infamous Second Son.
Infamous maybe. I don't view Titanfall as a must-buy for the masses since it is multiplayer-only. Thus I, for one, have no interest in it (and yeah, I played it at PAX). A truly great must-buy general-public game I think needs a great single-player campaign as well as multiplayer. Mass Effect 3 is a good example. If there was something like that on either system, that, I think, would fit your criteria. As an M-rated (I assume) hardcore multiplayer-only first person shooter, Titanfall is a niche game. On the X1 that might very well be a very large niche, and probably one that appeals to a lot of the early adopters, but it doesn't qualify as "general public" fodder.

staticz said:
pretty excited for the console reviews going up sometime tomorrow. I know that you can't really 'review' a console, especially at launch, but my hype level is off the charts. I really fell into a gaiming lull for awhile, now I think it was just time for new consoles :D
Yeah, I don't get the console reviews. I mean, I don't remember anyone doing that for the last generation releases. It seems kind of pointless since the console is defined by the games and that is an ever-changing sort of thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

I can't wait either lol , are you getting madden 25

Game reviews look ok, seems like everyone is ragging on KI for lack of content when It's a free to play game to begin with. It will have multiple seasons, so it will be fine, and also It's free for a majority of elder xbox members carrying over to the X1.

Actually surprised by the Dead Rising positive reception considering it was ragged on for frame rate the last few weeks.

Very disappointed in Crimson Dragon scores.

As expected it looks like the X1 is the Forza machine in terms of AAA titles, till Titanfall drops of course.

Hey, guys!

So, I decided to sell my Xbox One Day One Edition pre-order console from Amazon. I have Prime and release day delivery selected.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested. I should let you know that there are a couple of other CAGs already in line, but I have to close the deal fast (hopefully in the next 48 hours) so I can change the delivery address for my order. I accept PayPal and will only ship to a confirmed address.

KI has 94 achievements, that should keep me busy for a few months. Zoo Tycoon might have the achievement of the year though, "Poop Master"
Jesus, 94 achievements? Xbox is just throwing all achievement regulations out the window, huh?

I actually think that's kind of stupid. I liked the 50 achievements per retail game (before DLC) cap.

Infamous maybe. I don't view Titanfall as a must-buy for the masses since it is multiplayer-only. Thus I, for one, have no interest in it (and yeah, I played it at PAX). A truly great must-buy general-public game I think needs a great single-player campaign as well as multiplayer. Mass Effect 3 is a good example. If there was something like that on either system, that, I think, would fit your criteria. As an M-rated (I assume) hardcore multiplayer-only first person shooter, Titanfall is a niche game. On the X1 that might very well be a very large niche, and probably one that appeals to a lot of the early adopters, but it doesn't qualify as "general public" fodder.
I said that more to appease Xbox fans since that is what everyone says will sell the Xboxone, I on the other hand chose PS4 based on games I like. But I agree with your statement on the whole package being important. A game that has everything, I believe Uncharted 3 had that with good singleplayer and good MP. I guess Halo is definitely that for Xbox. There are a lot more AAA titles coming in Spring and later though. See my post in the PS4 thread to see why I keep bringing it up.

Jesus, 94 achievements? Xbox is just throwing all achievement regulations out the window, huh?

I actually think that's kind of stupid. I liked the 50 achievements per retail game (before DLC) cap.
It's not even the amount that bothers me. Have you seen the list? You have to play a minimum 12,000 matches to get all the achievements. Not counting the $$ you have to spend to get the "buy skins" ones.

It's getting to be that time!
x4qw.jpg

KI has 94 achievements, that should keep me busy for a few months. Zoo Tycoon might have the achievement of the year though, "Poop Master"
Nice, getting that achievement will truly be 'the shit'!

But seriously, for achievement whores out there the lists are pretty disappointing. Plus the "Play 2000 matches as character X" in KI seems cruel.

Each character has several achievements, so I expect the number to rise to over 100 achievements by the end of the first season. It is crazy, but I love achievements.

It's not even the amount that bothers me. Have you seen the list? You have to play a minimum 12,000 matches to get all the achievements. Not counting the $$ you have to spend to get the "buy skins" ones.
I believe you can unlock skins in game. So "buy skins" isn't as bad as it sounds. 12,000 matches is a lot for the average gamer, but I think they were pretty clear that they wanted to focus more on the fighting game community more than the average gamer. Maybe they hope to turn average gamer into a fighting game fan with the dojo.

Im slowly being tricked into Forza I think.

Forza, NBA, and Lego I think if best buy gets Lego for release to take advantage of the 3 get $25 promo

Yeah holy cow ... I'm not even going to go there with the blog stuff so my bad Ebbtide. BTW, I miss playing Gears :(

I agree about the opportunity MS has regarding the smooth next gen launch experience. I would expect XBL to not be bogged down like PSN was.
If Microsoft and Epic had only held Gears of War: Judgment for the Xbox One. While I'd figure they had no idea next generation was impending, maybe, the extra development time might have actually allowed the game to have a better online. But just the idea of having such a well known and successful franchise at the beginning of the next generation would have been such a system seller. Imagine how well it would have sold because of how well Gears of War 3 sold. Now, with Judgment being the last sold and remembered game, they may have to win back so many people with another entry...if they even do it.

I'm hopeful that Live will be smooth immediately. I didn't buy a PS4, but have played Battlefield 1943 on the PS3 the last few nights and haven't had any issues on PSN. I know it's different systems, but I was expecting problems since they share a network. I'm hopeful that if any Live issues occur on the One it will not impact the 360 players. With all of the talk of the Azure cloud setup and purchasing of server areas, I'm optomistic of it having little issue. I just feel like the Xbox Division needs as much positive press as they can receive at this moment, as it seems like every mistake they have had is promptly pounced on (though for good reason, usually).

I'm still baffled as to how they didn't work out any deal with retailers to have a similar Buy Two Get One Free promotion, like Sony had with the PS4. You entice people to buy more software (which might include games they had no intention of buying, but will gladly take for free) for a discount, which makes them happy, and you get to boast about the high sales figures of your games. Seriously, it's worth taking the initial profit hit in order to have strong statements about the success of your console. Saying we've sold more games in half a year than either competitor is much better than saying we've kept prices high and have sold a lot less!

If Microsoft and Epic had only held Gears of War: Judgment for the Xbox One. While I'd figure they had no idea next generation was impending, maybe, the extra development time might have actually allowed the game to have a better online. But just the idea of having such a well known and successful franchise at the beginning of the next generation would have been such a system seller. Imagine how well it would have sold because of how well Gears of War 3 sold. Now, with Judgment being the last sold and remembered game, they may have to win back so many people with another entry...if they even do it.

I'm hopeful that Live will be smooth immediately. I didn't buy a PS4, but have played Battlefield 1943 on the PS3 the last few nights and haven't had any issues on PSN. I know it's different systems, but I was expecting problems since they share a network. I'm hopeful that if any Live issues occur on the One it will not impact the 360 players. With all of the talk of the Azure cloud setup and purchasing of server areas, I'm optomistic of it having little issue. I just feel like the Xbox Division needs as much positive press as they can receive at this moment, as it seems like every mistake they have had is promptly pounced on (though for good reason, usually).

I'm still baffled as to how they didn't work out any deal with retailers to have a similar Buy Two Get One Free promotion, like Sony had with the PS4. You entice people to buy more software (which might include games they had no intention of buying, but will gladly take for free) for a discount, which makes them happy, and you get to boast about the high sales figures of your games. Seriously, it's worth taking the initial profit hit in order to have strong statements about the success of your console. Saying we've sold more games in half a year than either competitor is much better than saying we've kept prices high and have sold a lot less!
I was really hoping for a b2g1. I got NBA 2k14, Killzone, and Knack for PS4. I would have liked to do Ryse, Deadrising, and Ghosts for xbox. Looks like I won't be getting ghosts though.

I completely agree with Gears. I have a strong feeling Judgement killed it. I think had they waited to release it as a launch Xbox One game that would have been amazing, though all of their architecture is based on the 360 from all of the past games so that transition is much easier said than done.

In terms of the gaming prices I am not really surprised. Microsoft has always been very confident and I am sure that is the case here. They do not want to devalue their merchandise just as it comes out. Would I LOVE a b2g1 on X1 games? Of course. Am I surprised there probably wont be judging by Microsoft's track record however? Of course not.

I saw people mentioning KI, the arcade mode is coming out in March along with Fulgore, so that should get some people a little more interested. Sucks about Crimson Dragon but I'll still pick it up.

Looking at:

Dead Rising

Forza

Ryse

Battlefield 

Killer Instinct

Crimson Dragon

Zoo Tycoon

Need for Speed 

EDIT: OH YEAH! Best Buy has the day one and Forze LE on their website for in-store pickup again, definitely happy about that. Gonna get them on launch day again!

I can't wait either lol , are you getting madden 25
No, only getting Battlefield 4, Forza 5, and Dead Rising 3. I'll probably grab 2k14 on sale at some point.

I thought about grabbing Madden, but figured there was no point in rebuying since the 360 league is still going pretty strong.

Yeah, I don't get the console reviews. I mean, I don't remember anyone doing that for the last generation releases. It seems kind of pointless since the console is defined by the games and that is an ever-changing sort of thing.
I guess it is more valid this time since there are a lot of features for both consoles, outside of just playing games.

I believe you can unlock skins in game. So "buy skins" isn't as bad as it sounds. 12,000 matches is a lot for the average gamer, but I think they were pretty clear that they wanted to focus more on the fighting game community more than the average gamer. Maybe they hope to turn average gamer into a fighting game fan with the dojo.
That's good to hear about the skins. I agree with you about the average gamer thing, but as an achievement completionist it just drives me crazy haha. If the DLC characters have the same achievement set we're looking at 24000+ matches

I completely agree with Gears. I have a strong feeling Judgement killed it. I think had they waited to release it as a launch Xbox One game that would have been amazing, though all of their architecture is based on the 360 from all of the past games so that transition is much easier said than done.

In terms of the gaming prices I am not really surprised. Microsoft has always been very confident and I am sure that is the case here. They do not want to devalue their merchandise just as it comes out. Would I LOVE a b2g1 on X1 games? Of course. Am I surprised there probably wont be judging by Microsoft's track record however? Of course not.
I hadn't considered the architecture at all. Good point. But man that would have been huge. It would have been like if Halo 4 launched with the Xbox One, or something similar. The whole reason Gears of War succeeded this past generation was because there wasn't that 'must play' online title for the Xbox 360. Having that right at launch would have been amazing. Forza is a big franchise, but I just feel like a strong action game known for their online and campaigns would have really drawn in people much more. (I write this knowing about Call of Duty: Ghosts and Battlefield 4, but since neither is exclusive I mean more as in a title that would demand you buy one system over another, or move into next gerneration immediately.)

I just expected that they would be like their competitor, though. I know what the Xbox One comes with, so I can understand the $500 price, but for public relations it just seems bad when the cheaper system comes out, and has discounts on their games. I guess you're right, though. Maybe they're confident in their titles. I'm still buying Ryse, Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5, but a Buy One (or Two) and Get One Free would have really helped me personally with the expense of it.

Can we quit with the fucking Neo blog? I've already put him on ignore, but the quoting of his posts is still clogging the thread. It's release week, so I'm sure there's actual things Xbox One related to talk about.

The best thing Microsoft could actually do is have a launch without any console and game issues or defects, and have no real issues with Xbox Live. It's probably not going to happen, but if so that's the biggest positive they could really have over Sony (since there was no gaming promotions to increase software sales, and there appears to be lesser amount of Xbox One consoles stocked, so they definitely couldn't pass Sony's sales numbers).
Complaining about me, others, and then the Xbox One. What a great post and contribution to the thread.

I guess it is more valid this time since there are a lot of features for both consoles, outside of just playing games.
Will they update those scores every once in a while, though, as they usually do with other pieces of tech? I don't think so.

If only they had reviewed the consoles for hardware alone, it would've made more sense. However, they're considering the launch lineup titles, as they usually do for tablets and smartphones with a consolidated market ("library" or "ecosystem").

It's kinda unfair.

So, I am trying to decide on which day I should camp. If I go on Thursday, arrive at about 6:00pm, would I be safe for a console at midnight? And on Friday, if I got to Target (opens at 8am) at 5:00am, do you think that would be alright? I have never done a console launch day before, so I am just wondering.

Actually $19.96. Funny thing is my buddy got a PS4 on Friday and was bitching about how he had to play right in front of the TV because the cord to charge his DS4 wasn't long enough to reach his chair.
Where is the play and charge pack for XBox One $20? It's MSRP 24.99 at Best Buy, Amazon, Newegg, Target, Gamestop and Toys R Us.

15ft. Micro USB cable you can use for PS4 for $1.73 http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=103&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030307&p_id=5138&seq=1&format=2

So, I am trying to decide on which day I should camp. If I go on Thursday, arrive at about 6:00pm, would I be safe for a console at midnight? And on Friday, if I got to Target (opens at 8am) at 5:00am, do you think that would be alright? I have never done a console launch day before, so I am just wondering.
If youre okay with GameStop, I went to mine for the PS4 launch at 5:45 and there was around 15 people already there. If you want to be first, try getting to GS by 5:30 and then after you purchase it them, come back at midnight to pick it up.

The XBOne controller reminds me a lot of the XBox S-Controller.

Be  cheaper to buy a $2 Micro USB cable and 4 rechargeable AA batteries.

Just puzzles me why so many people care about reviews. I don't judge a game on what a review person says. Just look at cod ghost all the high reviews that game got and mp right now is awful.

Just puzzles me why so many people care about reviews. I don't judge a game on what a review person says. Just look at cod ghost all the high reviews that game got and mp right now is awful.
Wonderful job! no research done! Metacritic has Ghosts at a 71-74... not high reviews... just average

Wonderful job! no research done! Metacritic has Ghosts at a 71-74... not high reviews... just average
im talking about the bigger name websites. most reviewers get paid by companys like activsion. So people don't play a game just because reviews are bad? i know in my gaming history over last 20 somes years i have played games that i just loved that most people and reviewers hated. If a game looks interesting to me i will play it if it got high reviews or not.

I look at reviews for any game I'm paying above $20. If it is below that, I don't mind giving it a try.

TimboSliceGB said:
Thanks to reviews, I was able to save money by not getting Ride to Hell Retribution. Thought it was going to be like Sons of Anarchy, but it ended up being like Big Rigs. You shouldn't completely judge a game based off a review, but you should at least care a little bit to make sure you aren't paying for a broken sack of potato in Xbox game case.

new controller feels nice. Triggers work so smooth.
Nice,I'm jealous :p. I got the charge kit/controller combo and I'm trying to debate if I should sell the day 1 ed controller..100+ bucks for a controller is a lil hard to resist.

On the xbox one games seems they're getting pretty good scores..I have a feeling Ryse was held as it's going to get 5-6's :(

I vastly prefer demos to reviews, but those aren't available for next gen yet.  I keep an eye on reviews, but they aren't the final factor.  If they were, I never would have played Brink, which I loved and is the only competitive multiplayer game I have ever enjoyed, but reviewers and most gamers didn't like.

bread's done
Back