Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Did anyone else tried to get charged today for their xbox one pre order through bestbuy? It appears that best buy tried to charge me multiple times today. Luckily my cc company flagged it as fraudulent and didnt let it go through.
Luckily? I doubt they were actually charging you, just checking to see if you had the funds. The fact that your card didnt let it go through may cause BB to cancel your order, so I would check up on that.

As said time and time again bestbuy doesn't "Charge" you for a preorder, instead they place hold's or authorizations for the funds, over, and over, and over, all the time until it is actually sent. So don't fall for the, "You aren't charged" because HEY GUESS WHAT, it's like you already were, because I cant move that money, I can't spend that money, and if at one point in the few MONTHS it's not there, you panic and cancel the order.

Did anyone else tried to get charged today for their xbox one pre order through bestbuy? It appears that best buy tried to charge me multiple times today. Luckily my cc company flagged it as fraudulent and didnt let it go through.
Luckily? I doubt they were actually charging you, just checking to see if you had the funds. The fact that your card didnt let it go through may cause BB to cancel your order, so I would check up on that.
Actually, I was charged because my account has a refund for $534.99.

Newegg for me...No tax and Free shipping.  Nothing about a Day One console though on my invoice.  I assume we'll be able to find Day One consoles on Day 31 in some remote places.  Probably all of the first run consoles from the factory are Day One packaging.

I pre-ordered both the X-Box One and the PS4 via Amazon and both are day one. Now I need to figure out which games I'll buy for which systems. I'm thinking about pre-ordering the games through BB for the reward points. Is that the route some of you guys are going?

Ill dig up the article if you want but basically it doesnt even matter if you do the QTE events correctly as you will still get the cinematic kill. A guy at E3 noticed this and basically put the controller down and saw that he was still getting the kill. He asked them about this if this was a bug and they said no, that they made it that way on purpose.

Also, there is suppose to be over a 100 different QTE and apparently after awhile they will stop showing the prompt for the QTE and you are suppose to remember what button to push based on the animation he is doing.

Ill dig up the article if you want but basically it doesnt even matter if you do the QTE events correctly as you will still get the cinematic kill. A guy at E3 noticed this and basically put the controller down and saw that he was still getting the kill. He asked them about this if this was a bug and they said no, that they made it that way on purpose.

Also, there is suppose to be over a 100 different QTE and apparently after awhile they will stop showing the prompt for the QTE and you are suppose to remember what button to push based on the animation he is doing.
Thanks for the info.

l've seen the same/a similar article and a few interviews from the developer. His rational was 'people don't want to come home from a long day and have to properly execute QTE to enjoy a game.' I disagree and hope they allow gamers to either turn QTE off or make it so the buttons have to be properly pushed. Other than the QTE, I think the game looks kinda cool. The squad mechanics seem interesting and it looks cool to boot. I might be a little biased as I studied Roman history in college and have an interest in it personally.

its funny because if they didnt want people to have to properly execute QTE why even have them in there? lol
You guys didn't watch the dev commentary they had. The QTE is something that is triggered after you have already killed the enemy (whatever that entails). Then the QTE pops up and if you complete it you get some kind of "bonus", the dev didn't reveal/specify what he meant by that. So the QTE is something extra, you aren't killing enemies using QTE's.

I pre-ordered mine from Best Buy online with a Best Buy credit card and was charged the full amount immediately. I talked to a rep before hand and they told me that I'd be charged when I made the order.

Pre-ordered on Amazon right after the Microsoft press conference at E3. I choose next day shipping, but I wish there was a release date shipping option. Wonder if there will be one? I've never ordered a console through Amazon before.
thats the reason I didn't order on Amazon I don't want to be sitting waiting for it to be delivered on launch day or next day, did in-store at Best Buy for the (hopefully) epic midnight launch

Preordered mine from the MS store. Day One delivery at no extra cost. Had to pay tax, but then, I'll be living in Seattle when it comes out, which is in Washington state, which is where Amazon is, so I'd have had to pay tax through them anyway.

To answer jdelrio22, that's what I thought in 2005. Thought maybe $399 for the 360 would lead to short lines and faster availability. It wasn't until I drove by BestBuy the day before around 5pm and saw the people already camping that I might be wrong.

Wound up sleeping in front of a KMart in Arroyo Grande, CA that night (lucky I lived in Cali at the time, the November weather could have been worse). They had seven consoles. I was sixth in line.
Thats a cool story, sleeping in front of Kmart and got extremely lucky to have gotten the 360 at launch but in this day and age, you might the smart move to preorder it online lol How was it like camping outside waiting for a console with 6 other people?

Preordered mine from the MS store. Day One delivery at no extra cost. Had to pay tax, but then, I'll be living in Seattle when it comes out, which is in Washington state, which is where Amazon is, so I'd have had to pay tax through them anyway.

To answer jdelrio22, that's what I thought in 2005. Thought maybe $399 for the 360 would lead to short lines and faster availability. It wasn't until I drove by BestBuy the day before around 5pm and saw the people already camping that I might be wrong.

Wound up sleeping in front of a KMart in Arroyo Grande, CA that night (lucky I lived in Cali at the time, the November weather could have been worse). They had seven consoles. I was sixth in line.
Thats a cool story, sleeping in front of Kmart and got extremely lucky to have gotten the 360 at launch but in this day and age, you might the smart move to preorder it online lol How was it like camping outside waiting for a console with 6 other people?
It was pretty funny, really. I had driven from San Luis Obispo to Arroyo Grande to check the Wal-Mart, only to be met with a huge line that, according to people near the front, was far longer than the number of available consoles. It was already after 11 pm. I was heading home and decided to check the KMart just up the road from the Wal Mart. Saw a couple of cars in the parking lot and saw a small number of people lined up near the door. Drove up and asked what was going on, the guy up front told me he had spoken with the manager and they had seven consoles. I counted four people in the line in front of me.

Got my folding chair, sleeping bag, and Nintendo DS, and took a spot in the line. Chatted a bit with the other people, one guy was there with his GF and they were both getting consoles to scalp on Ebay, he said he had two more waiting on preorders. Slept for a few hours, woke up around 5:30. A few more people had shown up and the line was up to about 10.

I made the offer that I'd walk over to the Carl's Jr across the lot and get everyone coffee who wanted it, as long as I could keep my place in line. Everyone agreed. It's on the coast, so it was foggy and chilly, the coffee went down well.

The manager opened the door about ten minutes before 7 (opening time). When he does so, the guy at the front turns to what I thought was a pile of his belongings, says something, the pile shifts and another person, who had apparently been asleep the whole time, is underneath it. So I'm actually sixth in line. The manager says he has seven consoles. He counts out the first seven people, looks at the rest, and makes that open-palm shoulder shrug like "nothin' I can do, sorry". The rest of the people leave. At least a couple of them got free coffee.

Best part about it was I was home playing PGR3 while the people at BestBuy were still waiting for the store to open.

It was an adventure, but, yeah, preordering online and launch-day delivery is very definitely the way to go.

I pre-ordered via Bestbuy.com and used my BB Credit Card, so I can pay 0% over 18 months.  Also had about $80 in RZ certs that I had to use.

Pre ordered at best buy in store $25 deposit also same for ps4. I got the flyer that says but I don't know how to post it here. It only says till the end of June on it.

traded 75 xbox 360 games into gamestop,got $693.00 store credit, pre-ordered xbox one and paid it off with 2 games! :)
What type of games did you trade in? At an average trade-in value of over $9 per game, you had to be trading in some relatively new stuff. That kind of average per game is almost unheard of at GameStop. I might need to go through my "collection" and see what I can trade-in.

Most Gamestops are selling out of pre-orders FYI. It's still up on their site, but I called several gamestops and they are out of them (Meriden's two). So might want to pre-order soon if you really want a day one edition/one near launch.

traded 75 xbox 360 games into gamestop,got $693.00 store credit, pre-ordered xbox one and paid it off with 2 games! :)
What type of games did you trade in? At an average trade-in value of over $9 per game, you had to be trading in some relatively new stuff. That kind of average per game is almost unheard of at GameStop. I might need to go through my "collection" and see what I can trade-in.
Remember there is a 7/35 promo that's been going on for the last couple of weeks. So it's not hard to imagine getting $693 for everything.

Remember there is a 7/35 promo that's been going on for the last couple of weeks. So it's not hard to imagine getting $693 for everything.
I just read through the GameStop TIV Thread. I don't trade much at GS unless they have a great promotion. I will be going through my games tonight to see how many $3+ games I have. If I can set anywhere near $8-10 a game, I will trade in the majority of my collection hahaha.

I averaged over $11 per game using that promo tonight on 15 games. Pretty nice.

Now if only they'd offer a Kinect-less XB1 system for $399.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now if only they'd offer a Kinect-less system for $399.
I'll be waiting...

I could wait two or three years. The PS4 should keep me busy plus I have a backlog on my PC , PS3 , and Xbox 360.

I'd probably get a Wii U before an Xbox One though.

Traded in 75 games? Sarcasm or for real? That is ridiculous that you only got that amount. I would have just sold them individually on craigs list or ebay.

Secondly, I feel bad for the people behind you in line. Whenever I go to a Gamestop, there is always someone in front of me trading in like 15 games. It's so irritating.

I kept my xbox one pre-order. Still undecided if I want to keep it or just stay with the PS4. I mean, it's $100 cheaper but I've been a 360 fan forever... So tough!

I pre-ordered mine before it was the "cool" thing to do... yesterday... :)
I pre-ordered mine about 5 days after E3 because I *knew* they had to do something to save face or potentially lose hundreds of millions of dollars in sales.

Note: I pre-ordered my PS4 the day after they announced it at E3.

I kept my xbox one pre-order. Still undecided if I want to keep it or just stay with the PS4. I mean, it's $100 cheaper but I've been a 360 fan forever... So tough!
Get both for all the inevitable exclusives. :D

Man. I am not picking fights or anything but it's really odd that I seem to be the only one who thinks that a $100 difference isn't a big deal at all. I am by no means rich but, for a hobby that is expensive anyways, ,$100 seems like it's nothing.

Man. I am not picking fights or anything but it's really odd that I seem to be the only one who thinks that a $100 difference isn't a big deal at all. I am by no means rich but, for a hobby that is expensive anyways, ,$100 seems like it's nothing.

I get what you're saying. How many 360 games have I bought? 3 dozen? More?

If you're like me - and have spent far too much money on games - choosing one console over another based solely on price (and not on corporate attitude, trust in the product, etc) is not looking at the bigger picture.

I pre-ordered both. Honestly, if you are on the fence about which to get, there's no harm in waiting a month after their release before pulling the trigger. By then you'll have had the chance to kick the proverbial tires on each (in stores, friend's house, etc) and arrive at a truly informed opinion - your own.

bread's done
Back