Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

I heard Costco warranty and customer service is pretty good. I don't think they take preorders but they did have 360 and PS3 at launch though.

No preorders and we might not even get them in for awhile, and it's not a warranty really. It's something else.

> Amazon does not charge until they ship, so all you need to preorder is to click the preorder button. Then anytime between now and end of year you can convert your credit to kindle cards and apply them at your leisure.

One thing to keep in mind if you have one of those promotional credits from the trade-in program from a few months back (the trade in $20-worth, get a $20 credit) is that it expires on 7/31. My understanding is as long as you keep the preorder and do not try to change the form of payment (by applying more giftcards) after that date, you'll still get the $20 discount. I haven't confirmed this though, just the way I'm understanding the fine print.

edit: quoted the wrong post.

Have you confirmed this with Amazon? I plan on paying off my preorder before it comes out but not necessarily before 7/31. I don't want to lose the promo credit in the process.
Following up on this, received this email response from Amazon CS:

Hello,

I understand your concern completely and I would love to inform you that your promotional balance has already applied to your order.

Kindly understand that once promotional amount is applied to any order, it'll always remain effective for that order, it doesn't matter when the order will arrive. If you have any future query, feel free to contact us. We are glad to help you anytime.

Last edited by a moderator:
> Amazon does not charge until they ship, so all you need to preorder is to click the preorder button. Then anytime between now and end of year you can convert your credit to kindle cards and apply them at your leisure.

One thing to keep in mind if you have one of those promotional credits from the trade-in program from a few months back (the trade in $20-worth, get a $20 credit) is that it expires on 7/31. My understanding is as long as you keep the preorder and do not try to change the form of payment (by applying more giftcards) after that date, you'll still get the $20 discount. I haven't confirmed this though, just the way I'm understanding the fine print.

Have you confirmed this with Amazon? I plan on paying off my preorder before it comes out but not necessarily before 7/31. I don't want to lose the promo credit in the process.

Hello,

I understand your concern completely and I would love to inform you that your promotional balance has already applied to your order.

Kindly understand that once promotional amount is applied to any order, it'll always remain effective for that order, it doesn't matter when the order will arrive. If you have any future query, feel free to contact us. We are glad to help you anytime.

Hello,

I find it very odd that amazon sold out of both systems on the same exact day. I think it was more about someone in marketing getting them to end preorders on the same day to avoid people posting about 1 system outselling the other.
The world's largest online retailer making a major business decision to try and stop fanboy bickering?......hmmm.......somehow I doubt it.

The world's largest online retailer making a major business decision to try and stop fanboy bickering?......hmmm.......somehow I doubt it.
Yeah, trying to imagine Amazon saying "No, we won't take your money for a preorder because we're interested in promoting solidarity and brotherhood amongst the console gaming community."

Its un-possible.

What do you guys think are the odds that Amazon is replenished with more 'Day One Editions'?  I would have to assume so but no one seems to know....

What do you guys think are the odds that Amazon is replenished with more 'Day One Editions'? I would have to assume so but no one seems to know....
Hoping they do, but with a PS4 already paid off and not a ton of TiC/RZ certs to get Kindle cards my wallet wouldn't mind if they didn't. I think it's more likely that non-Day One editions get upgraded rather than Amazon opening up Day One editions again though, sadly.

Seems to me that this is the point where they have to start production if they want a decent number of consoles for launch day.  If they haven't done so already.

Gotta figure they've been a little conservative thus far, and will increase allocations to retailers if/when certain production quotas are met.

I have noticed, though, that the MS Store has never been sold out.  That's probably the store most worth watching if you want to know how close they are to limited availability.  If they stop taking preorders of the Day One Edition, you know they'll be maxed out.

I would guess that they are just pumping them out as quickly as they can to meet demand still at this point. It's hard to manufacture enough to meet demand when a new system comes out that is generating so much hype like the Xbox One and PS4. I don't think there will be leftovers like the Wii U.

I've got a GS preorder, and might hang on to my Amazon one. If anyone wants it I'll let you know if/when I cancel it.

Major Nelson popped on Reddit earlier and talked about digital preorders and such. 

This response was in regards to preorder bonuses.. such as the multiplayer map for BF4:

majornelsonMajorNelson 58 points

9 hours ago

The goal is to have the digital and physical offers be the same.

Of course there are retailer exclusive specific bonus items that won't be available.

When questioned about the retailer specific bonuses, and asked if we could get a digital "key" from retailers such as Gamestop.. who are doing that with games like Pikmin 3...

majornelsonMajorNelson 21 points

8 hours ago

That would certainly be possible.

Less certainty sounding, but we'll see.

What do you guys think are the odds that Amazon is replenished with more 'Day One Editions'? I would have to assume so but no one seems to know....
I would preorder even if it doesn't say Day One Edition. They automatically bump up non-day one orders when new ones become available. There's a good chance a lot of pre-orders will be canceled in October. For instance, I know I have both an X1 and PS4 preordered through Amazon, but, when all the dust is settled and I'm 100% sure which console I'm going to go with (probably the PS4 unless Microsoft talks more about adding back Family Share), I'm going to cancel the other.

Question: if I select a shipping option and I do get upgraded to a Day One edition do you guys think I can change the shipping to release date/will that cover it? Also, I know I can add Amazon cards and stuff, but can I change the credit card I want to pay with later if I decide to use a different one?

Question: if I select a shipping option and I do get upgraded to a Day One edition do you guys think I can change the shipping to release date/will that cover it? Also, I know I can add Amazon cards and stuff, but can I change the credit card I want to pay with later if I decide to use a different one?
Yes you can. Sometimes they even bump up the shipping free of charge for you...

You can change the credit card at any time up until the day its billed. Just click the order, and the option is there.

Yes you can. Sometimes they even bump up the shipping free of charge for you...

You can change the credit card at any time up until the day its billed. Just click the order, and the option is there.
Thanks for the info! Wish I knew this before, kicking myself for not just preordering the Day One Edition. Oh well, here's hoping!

Major Nelson popped on Reddit earlier and talked about digital preorders and such.

This response was in regards to preorder bonuses.. such as the multiplayer map for BF4:

majornelsonMajorNelson 58 points

9 hours
ago

The goal is to have the digital and physical offers be the same.

Of course there are retailer exclusive specific bonus items that won't be available.

When questioned about the retailer specific bonuses, and asked if we could get a digital "key" from retailers such as Gamestop.. who are doing that with games like Pikmin 3...

majornelsonMajorNelson 21 points

8 hours
ago

That would certainly be possible.

Less certainty sounding, but we'll see.
This makes me happy. I'm gonna be mostly digital next gen.

Question regarding canceling pre orders.......   I have mine pre ordered at toys r us but was thinking about pre ordering at bestbuy as well and waiting to see how much there warranty plan is gonna cost.   How easy is it to cancel a pre order at bestbuy or TRU?  Im thinking it should be hassle free with me getting my $25 back.  But im just wondering because id like to be sure.

Well I should have ordered it on Amazon a while back but instead made my decision to order it yesterday at Bestbuy.com since they have it in stock. Something to note is that they charged my card the full amount immediately. According to their own representatives on the forums, it will place an authorization every 3-5 days to make sure I have the funds in my account. Some people are even reporting authorizations appearing before the old ones clear out, resulting in multiple charges stacking for the same item.

Has anyone else preordered from Bestbuy and had this happen to them before? I paid out of a checking account which I only alot a certain amount of money to, and don't want it to be overdrawn becaue of Bestbuy's crappy policies. Should I just cancel it on their site? For Black Friday (2011 I believe), I really got screwed over and things I ordered and had paid for never came back in stock. At least I was given a refund and a giftcard for the inconvenience.

I notice Target.com and Walmart still have them up for preorder, anyone have experience preordering limited items from them in the past?

I can confirm stupid bestbuy does that charge thing every few days, its so dumb...its so annoying to check my bank account and see that money showing as pending, I am thinking about cancelling my bestbuy preorder because of that...I have the X1 and the PS4 on preorder so every few days its 900+ out of my account pending...

Well I should have ordered it on Amazon a while back but instead made my decision to order it yesterday at Bestbuy.com since they have it in stock. Something to note is that they charged my card the full amount immediately. According to their own representatives on the forums, it will place an authorization every 3-5 days to make sure I have the funds in my account. Some people are even reporting authorizations appearing before the old ones clear out, resulting in multiple charges stacking for the same item.

Has anyone else preordered from Bestbuy and had this happen to them before? I paid out of a checking account which I only alot a certain amount of money to, and don't want it to be overdrawn becaue of Bestbuy's crappy policies. Should I just cancel it on their site? For Black Friday (2011 I believe), I really got screwed over and things I ordered and had paid for never came back in stock. At least I was given a refund and a giftcard for the inconvenience.

I notice Target.com and Walmart still have them up for preorder, anyone have experience preordering limited items from them in the past?
Yes, it has been all over this thread the Best Buy online preorder policy is stupid. In store preorder is only $25 and no constant checking the credit card for the entire amount. You could cancel your online preorder and get one in store.

I can confirm stupid bestbuy does that charge thing every few days, its so dumb...its so annoying to check my bank account and see that money showing as pending, I am thinking about cancelling my bestbuy preorder because of that...I have the X1 and the PS4 on preorder so every few days its 900+ out of my account pending...
Thank you for the information, this is what I needed to know. It's insane that in this day and age that a company still acts this way in regards to finances. Since I'm paying out of a checking account that doesn't usually have that much in it at one time, I can't be having a big 540 dollar charge on it for 4 months straight, let alone duplicate charges that could possible overdraw the account.

It's like the equivalent of some paranoid person always checking to see you have the money on you. I just cancelled my order. I hope things work out fine for you and any one else who preordered using BB.

Yes, it has been all over this thread the Best Buy online preorder policy is stupid. In store preorder is only $25 and no constant checking the credit card for the entire amount. You could cancel your online preorder and get one in store.
I'm still getting used to this new CAG layout and didn't see the thread search till now, didn't realize it was discussed earlier. Unfortunately as Bestbuy stated a few days ago when they added back the preorders, it was for online only and not in store. Otherewise I would have just preordered it in store.

I was in the chat with a Microsoft Store employee and he said any Xbox One Day One Edition ordered from the MS Store will arrive by the day of release. Also, another great thing is that shipping is free (I made sure to double check with the rep that the free shipping was the release date delivery, which he confirmed). Furthermore he also assured me that no one is charged for their order until it actually ships and that the only pending charge that may appear is a 0 or 1 dollar charge just to authorize that you have a valid card. This information combined with the terrible Best Buy policies made it an easy decision for me to cancel my BB order and order at the MS Store instead.

So far it has been a few hours and no charge what so ever from MS, yet Bestbuy charged my card the full amount instantly. I'm even using a debit card that can be identified as a CC by retailers (I'm young and my CC has a low limit) and no issues what-so-ever.

MS Store has:

1)  Guaranteed launch-day delivery at no extra cost.

2)  No down payment, no constant checking of credit card status.

No rewards points, and you gotta pay tax, but it is pretty seriously hassle-free.

Anyone here ever used Squaretrade for warranties?  Im thinking about canceling my TRU pre order and pre ordering in a bestbuy store and then buying a squaretrade warranty for it online instead of getting the warranty from the store.   But im wondering if that will work or not.

I've used them for my TV. Pretty quick turn around, no real hassle when my Plasma popped.

Earlier in the thread someone else mentioned using it for a Console system (I think it was, maybe 4-5 pages ago?) and had a similar experience.

I know its not a ton of help, but they seem to be legit. 

Anyone here ever used Squaretrade for warranties? Im thinking about canceling my TRU pre order and pre ordering in a bestbuy store and then buying a squaretrade warranty for it online instead of getting the warranty from the store. But im wondering if that will work or not.
You can buy a SquareTrade warranty for an item purchased anywhere. You just declare the value and what type of item it is and in some cases you scan your receipt and upload it online, or can send them a receipt if necessary. I bought a 2 year warranty for a used record player I bought on ebay using them. I never had to use the warranty but from their policies it looks like if they can't fix it in 5 days they give you the money the item cost you. I've heard nothing but great things about them.

You can buy a SquareTrade warranty for an item purchased anywhere. You just declare the value and what type of item it is and in some cases you scan your receipt and upload it online, or can send them a receipt if necessary. I bought a 2 year warranty for a used record player I bought on ebay using them. I never had to use the warranty but from their policies it looks like if they can't fix it in 5 days they give you the money the item cost you. I've heard nothing but great things about them.
sounds good

Also as a side note, it looks like bestbuy.com is out of xbox ones again. Not sure if store pre orders are sold out but more in likely they are. May have to keep my TRU pre order after all. I may get the square trade warranty for it tho.

sounds good

Also as a side note, it looks like bestbuy.com is out of xbox ones again. Not sure if store pre orders are sold out but more in likely they are. May have to keep my TRU pre order after all. I may get the square trade warranty for it tho.
The stores would be sold out, even when they offered them online again there was a note specifically saying that it was no longer available in stores. My local store I called when they went back online and from what the employee said they are sold out of preorders nationwide, but it's always possible someone may cancel a preorder.

You guys think that instead of purchasing an extended warranty on this, such as through Best Buy, if using an Amex and my college student insurance will be enough?

Up in the air. Main thing for me is that I want to wait out the potential 'bugs and problems' in the first batch.

What to do?

You guys think that instead of purchasing an extended warranty on this, such as through Best Buy, if using an Amex and my college student insurance will be enough?

Up in the air. Main thing for me is that I want to wait out the potential 'bugs and problems' in the first batch.

What to do?
Have some patience and wait a few months after the system is out to see how the hardware holds up?

After the RROD, I could not imagine buying a Microsoft system Day 1.

Would not worry about it tbh. 

Let's say worse case scenario: The X1 has a RROD issue. Microsoft will simply do what they did before due to external pressure... increase the warranty period on all X1's purchased.

However, I do not think we will have that issue from looking inside the system. Looks like they learned their lesson.

Not sure when the console will be released but if it ends up being released before Black Friday, you can possibly get a higher percentage off. Last year it was 40% off and all you had to do was enter your email in their Facebook app and they sent them out the week of.

Not sure when the console will be released but if it ends up being released before Black Friday, you can possibly get a higher percentage off. Last year it was 40% off and all you had to do was enter your email in their Facebook app and they sent them out the week of.
Yup, exactly! I remember that.

I apologize if this has already been asked or posted but Has anyone hear about when Target stores will do in store pre-orders for the Xbox one?

Quick question,

The regular Xbox One is available to order with prime right now, correct? So, does that mean if I order it, I'll get it on release day? Or if I order it, I'll get placed on the waiting list?

Confused...

Quick question,

The regular Xbox One is available to order with prime right now, correct? So, does that mean if I order it, I'll get it on release day? Or if I order it, I'll get placed on the waiting list?
Confused...
You'll get placed on the waiting list. Taken from the Amazon page "Shipping date based on availability. This product is not guaranteed at release date."

You'll get placed on the waiting list. Taken from the Amazon page "Shipping date based on availability. This product is not guaranteed at release date."
Oh wow, I see. So the sooner I order, the better. Still up in the air :(

Thanks for doing the reading for me.

You think they'll get more Day One consoles back in-stock? That's what I'm really after

Quick question,

Confused...
It wouldnt be sent on release day, it would be a waiting list. More in likely the next shipment of systems would be early december, atleast thats when it was for the 360. Id pre order the standard version anyway because if alot of the pre orders get canceld amazon would start sending those to standard version pre orderers im sure.

Oh wow, I see. So the sooner I order, the better. Still up in the air :(

Thanks for doing the reading for me.

You think they'll get more Day One consoles back in-stock? That's what I'm really after
I'm not sure they'll get anymore back in-stock except for cancelled pre-orders. I would assume that they would upgrade the standard edition preorders to day one editions in order that the pre-orders were placed.

I'm not sure they'll get anymore back in-stock except for cancelled pre-orders. I would assume that they would upgrade the standard edition preorders to day one editions in order that the pre-orders were placed.
That does seem logical. Hmm...let's see what I'll do.

Thanks for help.

As far as day one bundles go, the only thing physical that is different is the controller, right? I know there are achievements or something but they basically printed 'day one' on some and the rest dont have that, right?

bread's done
Back