Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Walmart and Target have online preorders avaliable for the day one edition. Do any of you know if they charge the full amount on your card right away?  If so I might just go with the Microsoft Store.

Walmart and Target have online preorders avaliable for the day one edition. Do any of you know if they charge the full amount on your card right away? If so I might just go with the Microsoft Store.
Usually they do a pre-authorized to make sure you have all the funds available, but then it drops off within a day or 2. But then recharges the full amount when the order processes (closer to release date).

MS Store has:

1) Guaranteed launch-day delivery at no extra cost.

2) No down payment, no constant checking of credit card status.

No rewards points, and you gotta pay tax, but it is pretty seriously hassle-free.
Just wanted to say thanks for this heads-up.

I went to the website, confirmed via "Live Chat" that the "Xbox One Day One Edition" includes guaranteed release day delivery, and purchased it - no shipping cost.

Then I canceled my in-store Best Buy pre-order. I have no interest in seeing how frantic release day will be in stores.

Didn't feel it needed it's own thread but I got an email from BB.

In-store RZ shopping event this Sunday. Place pre-order for Xbox One/PS4+controller+'select game' and you'll get a $30 in RZ points ~15days after pickup. Not a huge deal but it's something eh? I'll post in the PS4 thread as well

LINK

Didn't feel it needed it's own thread but I got an email from BB.

In-store RZ shopping event this Sunday. Place pre-order for Xbox One/PS4+controller+'select game' and you'll get a $30 in RZ points ~15days after pickup. Not a huge deal but it's something eh? I'll post in the PS4 thread as well

LINK

I thought they were done taking preorders.... This unfortunately seems a little late. Great deal because you can basically get an additional launch game for half off 15 days after launch.

Just wanted to say thanks for this heads-up.

I went to the website, confirmed via "Live Chat" that the "Xbox One Day One Edition" includes guaranteed release day delivery, and purchased it - no shipping cost.

Then I canceled my in-store Best Buy pre-order. I have no interest in seeing how frantic release day will be in stores.
You're welcome. Eight years ago, I screwed around, didn't get a preorder in, and wound up sleeping in front of a Kmart for a 360. This year, I'm keeping my dignity.

MS Store had some great preorders last year. I preordered four or five games from them (they were offering $20 in store credits) and all of them arrived on their respective launch days with no additional shipping fee. So I have good reason to be optimistic they'll be able to keep their promised launch-day delivery.

Plus, you gotta figure, if any outlet is going to have enough consoles to meet their pre-order numbers, it's the one bearing the name of the company making the console. Amazon and BestBuy can point the finger at MS if they come up short, but MS's own store? Not so much.

No lines, no last minute "We're sorry, but you'll have to wait for future shipments", and most importantly, no sleeping in front of a
shaq-fu!96.gif
ing Kmart. Sounds pretty good to me.

That chat headset price is absurd. The fact that it's $25 + the fact that the system doesn't come with them standard is insulting. The XO 4's which are launching along side the Xbox 1 are only $99. 

It's just $5 more for the play and charge kit . Headset is $5 more too, if we are not comparing it with the free 360 headset that is included with the 360.

74 dollars? Jesus.
That's for a controller and play and charge. Not surprising at all, that's what the 360's was too.

I'm curious when these headsets and play and charge kits will go on Amazon. I'd rather get it from there but don't want to not have the headset for a long time after launch day.

Very, very happy I did not go with the BestBuy presale deal now.  I was tempted, since there is a location very close, and earlier in the week when I checked to see if it was participating, the BestBuy website indicated that it was.  However, when I checked against yesterday morning, the nearby location was not listed.  In a thread about that special sale, a couple of other CAGs reported going to their local BB, which the website said was participating, and being turned away because no special event was taking place.  The next-nearest location was so far away that the cost of gas and the time spent driving there and back, twice, weren't worth the savings that could be realized.

Basically, this triply-confirms the soundness of my decision to stick with the MS Store.  Go with a brick-and-mortar outlet, the risks of poor communication and other forms of stupidity are amplified.

I just preordered through the MS store with no issues. I also confirmed it would have release day delivery. I wanted to wait it out, but I'm sure these things will be scarce through the holiday season and figured I would be better just to get one at launch.

Target has Day One preorders in stock as well.

I went with Target because I get 5% off and free shipping from having a Traget Visa card.  Nearly pays for tax in Ohio.

I am playing the waiting game with Gamestop to see if they start taking orders again as I realy want to use some trade credit.  Has anyone heard anything form there Gamestop contacts?  I keep getting the "we aren't now just keep checking back" line.

I am playing the waiting game with Gamestop to see if they start taking orders again as I realy want to use some trade credit. Has anyone heard anything form there Gamestop contacts? I keep getting the "we aren't now just keep checking back" line.
That's what it is for now.

I never expected any other price.  I had one a few days before the Xbox 360 launch as well and have bought additional ones in different colors.

I like using AA batteries. When your controller dies, just swap them out.
I hate having to charge the controller, or something like using a battery pack.

Like once a week when I'm done gaming I just plug my controller in and turn everything off.  It just charges it then and I never have to give any actual thought towards it all.

I much prefer the dual charge cradle that the 360 has. Just throw my battery on it when I am done. I don't like that ugly cord hanging off my console.

This is a thread for preorders. You have a thread to discuss the PS4. What's the point of berating his choice and what he thinks is a fair price?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a thread for preorders. You have a thread to discuss the PS4. What's the point of berating his choice and what he thinks is a fair price?
I was just saying how could anyone could think it's a fair price when the ps4 has that stuff includedwith it and is 100 cheaper...

In case your wondering,Im not here to bash the Xbox & I have the Charge kit preordered as I hate having to use batteries in my controllers.I just think it's over priced.

Yeah the PS4 is cheaper and comes with all that stuff including a Kinect....right?
Yeah,but Most people DO NOT WANT the kinect and are pissed it's being forced on them. I have the kinect 1 and that thing is a POS that's only good for dance central/just dance games. I highly doubt the new kinect will be any good & when I get my xbox 1 the first thing I will do is turn it off & throw it behind my TV.

Yeah the PS4 is cheaper and comes with all that stuff including a Kinect....right?
How many must have Kinect games did you buy for the Xbox 360 and of those how many launched with the Kinect? Seriously there's going to be like 1 kinect game. If anything REALLY good comes out for Kinect, they can port it to the PS4 and you can pick up the camera attachment separately and maybe it will have come down in price...

Why the hell do you want to buy something that has no current use?

How many must have Kinect games did you buy for the Xbox 360 and of those how many launched with the Kinect? Seriously there's going to be like 1 kinect game. If anything REALLY good comes out for Kinect, they can port it to the PS4 and you can pick up the camera attachment separately and maybe it will have come down in price...

Why the hell do you want to buy something that has no current use?
Implying that the PS4 Camera is on *any* level with the new Kinect camera is ludicrous.

You know that, I know that, we all know that.. so why even attempt to imply it?

As to it's use, I'd say from what we've heard it's being used for on the new system, it has a plethora of valid uses... many of which sound extremely interesting and may even be fun to those of you who prefer to veg out on a couch. (Or, they may not, which is fine... however, you know going in that is what the system is designed around. Don't bitch about it since it is crystal clear that it is not changing at this point in time)

I have both consoles pre ordered at Amazon. Does anybody know if you get PUR points at GS when buying Amazon gift cards? I'm considering buying the gift cards from GS and using them towards my amazon preorders, thus getting both Amazon prime shipping as well as GS membership points.

I have both consoles pre ordered at Amazon. Does anybody know if you get PUR points at GS when buying Amazon gift cards? I'm considering buying the gift cards from GS and using them towards my amazon preorders, thus getting both Amazon prime shipping as well as GS membership points.
You do indeed. For example, a couple weeks ago I got 2,750 points for buying $250 worth of kindle cards.

Can anyone tell me If I had put $120 down on a ps4 at GS but end up deciding to cancel it and use my XB1 order at Amazon will they let me use the credit from my ps4 order to buy Amazon gc's?

I noticed in the OP the links at certain sites for 12 month XBL with Killer Instinct.  I don't see a listing on Amazon and I am trying to figure out why?  I order all my stuff through Amazon and I have a day one XBOX one preordered with them.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

It's not worth it, it is just a character. Just buy live for $35 when it is on sale. That character cant possibly be worth $25.

It's not worth it, it is just a character. Just buy live for $35 when it is on sale. That character cant possibly be worth $25.
I am not wanting it for a character, I am wanting it for the game. I am confused on how we are to get Killer Instinct.

Is it not included with the 12 month XBL that is said to come with the XBOX ONE DAY ONE console or whatever it is called?

I am not wanting it for a character, I am wanting it for the game. I am confused on how we are to get Killer Instinct.

Is it not included with the 12 month XBL that is said to come with the XBOX ONE DAY ONE console or whatever it is called?
The game is a free download. You get one free character. The Day One XBL purchase gets you one extra character. Jaashuaa's point was to wait for the sale and just buy the extra character. It would be cheaper.

The game is a free download. You get one free character. The Day One XBL purchase gets you one extra character. Jaashuaa's point was to wait for the sale and just buy the extra character. It would be cheaper.
Oh it's a free download, see I didn't know that and have been having problems trying to find out information about it.

Thanks guys/gals for your help and information on this.

I have credit from gift card's on Amazon. I can always order the Xbox One and if I change my mind, cancel it, and have it all refunded, right? Just like any Amazon purchase before it ships

bread's done
Back