Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

I'm honestly not trying to cite a riot, just giving a general statement that the DS4 as a controller might not be as bad as the DS3. I didn't even mention the PS4, just replying to the discussion at hand about controllers. You seriously have some issues with me based on the discussions we had on the X1 thread in the other forum. Like I said to you before, you can ignore my post if you don't like it, same goes for anyone who could care less what I say.
i used ds4 at e3 its 100 times better then ds3 :)

Fanboyism still exists? I thought people were past that nonsense.

I always blamed the immature idiots who want to turn everything into a "my system is better than your system" debate rather than the ones who actually want to have a meaningful debate or discussion.

You mean a company listening to consumer complaints, addressing those concerns and improving the product before it's released? Oh yeah, THAT'S just horrible. lol.

Really? Try reading all of it before you quote a single thing, and making it out to be something it's not.

I canceled my pre-order w/ Amazon because I put all my credit/gift card's in there and I needed it.

And I tried placing it again and I get:

We're sorry. This item has limited purchase quantity. We have changed your purchase quantity to the maximum allowable. 

Edit: Hopefully it'll take some time to process it and then I can place the order again. If not, I'll do it over the phone. Dang it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I canceled my pre-order w/ Amazon because I put all my credit/gift card's in there and I needed it.

And I tried placing it again and I get: We're sorry. This item has limited purchase quantity. We have changed your purchase quantity to the maximum allowable.

I have been adding gift card on my day 1 edition since the day it launched on amazon after e3. With calling customer support 3 separate times adding gift cards along the way I was able to pay off the whole item with gift cards just last week.
This could of been done with future reference some reps are unknowledgeable about the subject so it took some time to get through the process. But it was worth it so I didn't have to cancel it.

I don't really get all the consternation over a product that has not been released yet. Changes that seem to reflect what the most vocal consumers want that don't compromise their vison of what the product should be prior to release seem to be good business. Not requiring Kinect to be plugged up is  a no brainer as long as it doesn't compromise system performance and the software does not require it.  I don't see what the big deal with Kinect is anyway with reguards to the NSA when every tablet, ipad, ipod, laptop, cell phone, and most desktop system have cameras pointed right at you and working microphones that would be more efficient ways to gain data then a Kinect ever would.

I have been adding gift card on my day 1 edition since the day it launched on amazon after e3. With calling customer support 3 separate times adding gift cards along the way I was able to pay off the whole item with gift cards just last week.
This could of been done with future reference some reps are unknowledgeable about the subject so it took some time to get through the process. But it was worth it so I didn't have to cancel it.
Yeah, I know that. But I put over $400 of gift card's(all of my gift card balance) on the pre-order, when I shouldn't have, and needed it to order other stuff. So, to not block money, I wanted to cancel the order and place it again, putting it all on my card, freeing up the credit.

But didn't work. Hopefully the quantity limit thing will change soon.

Yeah, I know that. But I put over $400 of gift card's(all of my gift card balance) on the pre-order, when I shouldn't have, and needed it to order other stuff. So, to not block money, I wanted to cancel the order and place it again, putting it all on my card, freeing up the credit.

Ohh dang that sucks.

You mean a company listening to consumer complaints, addressing those concerns and improving the product before it's released? Oh yeah, THAT'S just horrible. lol.
Hate to tell you, they aren't listening to customer complaints and addressing those concerns because they are all of a sudden good guy Microsoft. They are responding to the lack of demand for their product, plain and simple. They see the hype for the competition and they are practically turning their product into the competition's product. Every 180 they make just reeks of desperation and since the hardware is weaker if they remove all of it's identity and uniqueness and try and sell it at the same price as the stronger competition they are going to lose and lose badly. Just my 2 pennies.

Hate to tell you, they aren't listening to customer complaints and addressing those concerns because they are all of a sudden good guy Microsoft. They are responding to the lack of demand for their product, plain and simple. They see the hype for the competition and they are practically turning their product into the competition's product. Every 180 they make just reeks of desperation and since the hardware is weaker if they remove all of it's identity and uniqueness and try and sell it at the same price as the stronger competition they are going to lose and lose badly. Just my 2 pennies.
Wanna come off as a little more smug there?

It resets 7 days after ordering.

Microsoft Store Pre-order :D 

Items ordered:

en-INTL_S_XboxOne_Console_250GB_RKH-00107_mnco.jpg

Xbox One Day One Edition

Price: $499.99
Quantity: 1
Pre-Order Boxed Shipment
Pre-Order Release date: November 2013

Microsoft Store Pre-order :D

Items ordered:

en-INTL_S_XboxOne_Console_250GB_RKH-00107_mnco.jpg

Xbox One Day One Edition

Price: $499.99
Quantity: 1
Pre-Order Boxed Shipment
Pre-Order Release date: November 2013
How come your xbox one pre-order is a 250GB? Aren't all Xbox One 500GB?

Edit: I guess the image of the xbox one didn't loaded up properly for my browser before. I was originally seeing "en-INTL_S_XboxOne Console 250GB RKH-0010" where the xbox one image is right now.

Any idea if Gamestop will be offering day one editions anymore? I was going to hold off on a xbone, but traded in alot of games and now have $500 credit. I already have a ps4 paid off, but getting the new console itch and wished I would have placed a order on an xbox.

A word to anyone who lives in the Northwest:  Fred Meyer is doing in-store presales, and may still have some consoles left, depending on the store you go to.  My local store was allocated 10 and had sold seven of them as of yesterday.

It will require purchase of a $50 Fred Meyer Gift Card.  You can use this gift card on launch day to help pay for your console, or use it to buy your groceries or whatever else you get at FM.  They'll give you a little card that basically states you're in line to get one.  Bring that little card in on launch day, and you're all set.  You'll have 72 hours from launch to actually show up and pick it up, or it goes on sale over the counter.

As Guyver said the Day One edition has those exclusive features. The Standard edition will still be out launch day but won't have those items. Day One edition is very limited (outside of the Microsoft store).
What about us who preordered at gamestop? Will we all be getting day ones? Or will it be whoever is first in line? I was the second person in my city to preorder. I think I deserve that day one edition.

What about us who preordered at gamestop? Will we all be getting day ones? Or will it be whoever is first in line? I was the second person in my city to preorder. I think I deserve that day one edition.

They told you which one at GameStop it would exactly. That is if you asked them.

i'm pretty sure I was the first person at my gamestop to pre-order so I would surely hope I get a day one edition.  I'm not redeeming any of the day one achievements, etc.  I want to see if they have any value on ebay cause I'll sell them bitches.  I prefer to earn my achievements, not buy them

I think they will have a moderate value on eBay but I would be surprised if it's like Halo: Reach's Legendary stuff where the codes were going for $50-$60 EACH.  I sold a couple myself for that and couldn't believe it.

you my friend must not keep up to current news. since ms upgrade the xbox one the gpu in xbox one is more powerfull then the one in ps4 so pretty much only thing more powerfull in ps4 is that it has ddr5 ram and not ddr 3 which in the end will not make a diff one bit for most games.

Whoa this is awesome!

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/08/15/new-kinect-software-turns-any-surface-into-touch-screen.aspx

Overclocking and upgrading are two totally different things. Pretty sure it was already discussed that its not a very big change.
it's not but really at this point ps4 is not that much more powerfull like ripper said it was. most people in the industry is saying both systems are neck and neck when it comes to performance

Which is how it always. Its still the same really. Ps4 has a slightly better gpu (still does) and better ram. Right now the ram doesn't matter to much but in a few years it will be a bigger difference

Which is how it always. Its still the same really. Ps4 has a slightly better gpu (still does) and better ram. Right now the ram doesn't matter to much but in a few years it will be a bigger difference
No it wont, since it's GDDR Ram, and as we've already discussed, linked to posts, etc... GDDR has a higher base latency then DDR.

Therefor, it will be a wash. It will interface with the GPU faster, but lag on the CPU.. while DDR will be better for the CPU, but lag on the GPU.

Computer 101, thus the reason absolutely no computer uses GDDR as their base ram, it is always on the graphics card *only*. AMD, the makers of the graphics and cpu chip, have even publicly stated that latency is a key factor in how well their CPU's do.

Let's not rehash it again, since we'll have people with absolutely no clue attempting to speak when they should just be quiet :/

Its really a stupid debate because in the end one only has a slight edge over the other.

Its about games and which games you as a gamer enjoy.

Do remember though Sony asked game developers what they wanted and they wanted this ram.

The only thing that matters is how developers handle the hardware of the system other then that there is no difference.

I would assume ww means world wide. Probably a designation code in the burning of the disc that will be accepted by all XBox Ones

Its really a stupid debate because in the end one only has a slight edge over the other.

Its about games and which games you as a gamer enjoy.

Do remember though Sony asked game developers what they wanted and they wanted this ram.
No, they wanted a unified pool of ram. Not specifically GDDR or DDR. That was a call made by Sony themselves.

The Developers wanted a unified pool instead of a split pool like on a PC, where we have DDR that accesses the CPU, and GDDR that accesses the Video Card. Mostly due to the lack of amount. Gotta figure, most PC's these days have a total of 20-24 gigs of combined GDDR+DDR. (4 gigs of GDDR+16 on most modern PC's, then if SLI'ed, etc)

The bottom line is both these systems are damn near identical in performance. They each have a weak point, like *any* PC does.. which is what they are. The goal is simply to cover up your weak point. It's either you bottleneck your CPU or GPU, rarely do you maximize the potential of both.

Therefor, it will be a wash. It will interface with the GPU faster, but lag on the CPU.. while DDR will be better for the CPU, but lag on the GPU.

Computer 101, thus the reason absolutely no computer uses GDDR as their base ram, it is always on the graphics card *only*. AMD, the makers of the graphics and cpu chip, have even publicly stated that latency is a key factor in how well their CPU's do.

Let's not rehash it again, since we'll have people with absolutely no clue attempting to speak when they should just be quiet :/
these are not computers, they are video game consoles.

AMD, the makers of both apu, have publicly stated that GDDR is a key factor in how well their graphics cards perform.

these are not computers, they are video game consoles.

AMD, the makers of both apu, have publicly stated that GDDR is a key factor in how well their graphics cards perform.
Actually, they are PC's for all intents and purposes.

They are using a mobile APU, a PC architecture, etc etc. While I would assume people would understand they are not PC's in the nature that you cannot simply upgrade them at will, they are far more like a PC then *any* console released, I'd hope you'd agree.

As to your second comment, feel free to go over to the locked thread and see my link where the designer of the APU in the PS4 and X1 states that Latency is a critical factor.

This is what I meant when I said it's a dumb discussion to have, because you have people who clearly do not know what they are talking about jumping into the discussion.

bread's done
Back