Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Can I have a link to the locked thread?

Also anyone who works for gamestop know if they are going to have a preorder for the play and charge version of the controller?

Can I have a link to the locked thread?

Also anyone who works for gamestop know if they are going to have a preorder for the play and charge version of the controller?
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/307549-xbox-one-on-the-way-drm-removed-more-details-to-come/

Be warned, it's pretty bad... and gets ugly at places from all of us involved in it frankly. It also spans the days when it was first announced, so some of the posts might seem odd being read after all the reversals :)

Every single generation we have to deal with Sony people going on and on about how powerful their system is and "just wait a few years, then you'll see!".  It's like Xbox 360's launch all over again when all we heard was how much better the PS3 was going to be.  Then it launched and looked and played like a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every single generation we have to deal with Sony people going on and on about how powerful their system is and "just wait a few years, then you'll see!". It's like Xbox 360's launch all over again when all we heard was how much better the PS3 was going to be. Then it launched and looked and played like a joke.
Uh...no.

Im so glad Im such a baller, and am just gettimg both consoles. I feel so much happier than all the people involved in all these console wars.

]b]Im so glad Im such a baller, and am just gettimg both consoles. [/b]I feel so much happier than all the people involved in all these console wars.

+1

Im so glad Im such a baller, and am just gettimg both consoles. I feel so much happier than all the people involved in all these console wars.
i remember the days when i could toss down close to 1000 bucks for the heck of it then kids came along and sucked all my money up. :(

I have a daughter as well. There is this thread, its called the "Amazon Trade in thread". If you're smart about it you can get these consoles for half the price.

i don't have anything to trade in sadly might trade my ps3 in to gamestop and get amazon gift cards. i almost always sell my old games to pay for new ones so i never have trade in credit left .

The key is, you don't trade your own collection.
well 360 i have like 15 games i will never trade in seeing i play them or like them. only games i own for ps3 at this point is mlb 13 the show and gt 5 so don't really have much of a collection to trade in.

Well, still. the key is, to find games that trade in for a lot, that you might be able to acquire for less than what they trade in for.

No, they wanted a unified pool of ram. Not specifically GDDR or DDR. That was a call made by Sony themselves.

The Developers wanted a unified pool instead of a split pool like on a PC, where we have DDR that accesses the CPU, and GDDR that accesses the Video Card. Mostly due to the lack of amount. Gotta figure, most PC's these days have a total of 20-24 gigs of combined GDDR+DDR. (4 gigs of GDDR+16 on most modern PC's, then if SLI'ed, etc)

The bottom line is both these systems are damn near identical in performance. They each have a weak point, like *any* PC does.. which is what they are. The goal is simply to cover up your weak point. It's either you bottleneck your CPU or GPU, rarely do you maximize the potential of both.

Most PCs do not have 20-24 GB of combined RAM. The majority probably have 9(1+8) with 5(1+4) not too far behind. You and I may have that much, but the average user does not.

seeing ps4 and x1 os use decent amount of ram i would have like seen them with at least 10 gb of ram. i think in 4-5 years with that little of ram they will have we will be back to the point we are with the 360 and ps3 once again way behind in tech then they should be. With that said i really think this gen of systems will not last as long as the 360 and ps3 did. 

But which platform you getting watch dogs on?

Neither, I just don't see what all the hype is about. I really enjoy playing exclusives from both companies and I figure it will be the same as last generation. Xbox will get the majority of my attention while the ps4 will be turned on every 6 months for a great single player campaign.

I see no reason why it wouldnt. If it keeps making them money, no reason to bring out a new system.
we should have had new home system two years ago. But yes seeing it makes them money they will not rush systems out. With that said the length of this gen pushed me towards pc gaming i just got annoyed with all the limitations these things had.

Well I decided to keep my X1 preorder over my PS4 preorder. I just couldn't justify buying the PS4 when there was nothing I was going to buy for it. My original plan was to buy both but the PS4 would of just sat there so Ill pick it up when Deep Down and one or two other games catch my eye. All of my friends are getting X1s anyway so that's all that really matters in the end...no amount of AA or slightly higher res textures can replace the experience of being connected with your buddies playing something like COD for hours on end.

So I got preordered

Day 1 console

Extra controller W/ plug and play

Forza 5

Deadrising 3

COD Ghosts Hardened edition

Its going to be a sweet Nov.

Also if anyone has a huge problem with their Day one controller and the cosmetic look of it hit me up, ill gladly trade u my extra one for another day 1 version.

After reading my post and your post, I'm starting to second guess myself. I went through the list of games for ps4 and there is literally one game I want. The credit I have saved up would buy a lot of the xbox one games I want. I can always get a ps4 when the next uncharted comes out. Decisions...

Also I have 3 years left on live, do I really want to spend another $60 to play the occassional ps4 exclusive online? I think that was a bad move for Sony when half their console owners only used them casually. If I'm gonna throw down that kind of money it has to be something I use everyday.

Sorry for my offtopic convo with myself.

After reading my post and your post, I'm starting to second guess myself. I went through the list of games for ps4 and there is literally one game I want. The credit I have saved up would buy a lot of the xbox one games I want. I can always get a ps4 when the next uncharted comes out. Decisions...

Also I have 3 years left on live, do I really want to spend another $60 to play the occassional ps4 exclusive online? I think that was a bad move for Sony when half their console owners only used them casually. If I'm gonna throw down that kind of money it has to be something I use everyday.

Sorry for my offtopic convo with myself.
Its good to think out loud sometimes :) I think you answered for yourself. Unless you're absolutely rolling in money, $400 + subscription (+ extra controller?) is a huge money sink, could you be used for what you actually need (games), and your money would be more efficiently used with your existing 3 year subscription. I would hope you would be content with what the XB1 has to offer and like you said, you can always get the PS4 stuff later for cheaper if there is an exclusive that is absolutely life changing.

Neo Gaf got hold on some documents going over different scenarios for importers. One of the biggest things mentioned is that there is no more account migration. You will be able to switch your location anytime, however you would need a CC with a billing address in that location to buy things from the marketplace. The work around for that though is you are able to get pre paid cards from that location that would also work.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=653023

we should have had new home system two years ago. But yes seeing it makes them money they will not rush systems out. With that said the length of this gen pushed me towards pc gaming i just got annoyed with all the limitations these things had.

2 years ago.... No we shouldn't have.

I'll still be sticking with both just because of the versatility I will have, and the fact that I already PS+,and XBL. As soon as they were announced I started making moves to get them both. Taking $200 and turning it into $400 trade credit. My PS4 is paid off. I've got one game paid off.

Now I'm working on the X1, and a couple games. I should be able to take care of everything by November.

hmm not sure if i should just pre order it straight from microsoft or try walmart, but i know that place is going to be a zoo on release day and theyll possibly sell them before pre orders

hmm not sure if i should just pre order it straight from microsoft or try walmart, but i know that place is going to be a zoo on release day and theyll possibly sell them before pre orders

If your doing In store Walmart it just depends on many dumbasses work at your walmart.

I'll still be sticking with both just because of the versatility I will have, and the fact that I already PS+,and XBL. As soon as they were announced I started making moves to get them both. Taking $200 and turning it into $400 trade credit. My PS4 is paid off. I've got one game paid off.

Now I'm working on the X1, and a couple games. I should be able to take care of everything by November.
problem with me is that i odn't buy games just becasue they are cheap only if i want them which means i don't have a giant back log of games and if i do i sell them to pay off new games i guess i do this all incorrect.

problem with me is that i odn't buy games just becasue they are cheap only if i want them which means i don't have a giant back log of games and if i do i sell them to pay off new games i guess i do this all incorrect.
There's no correct or incorrect way to do it, you just find a method that works best for you. I will say that as a parent, I find my money stretches a lot farther, for both my own toys and for my kids', if I take advantage of sales and flip games. I've got my ps4 with an extra controller and 4 games paid off, and my xb1 has 250 left on it with plenty of time to finish accumulating the amazon credit to finish paying it off.

im thinking gamestop once the release dates come closer will run great trade in deals that i can trade in my ps3 and stuff i have for it like move stuff for pretty good value and use that to buy amazon cards to at least hope pay half if not more for my xbox one. right now my ps3 is my blu ray player so can't take advantage of the double credit they have right now so hoping it is back close to oct/nov.

Is it me, or have Xbox One/PS4 pre-orders been open for a loooooong time, especially when compared to the Wii U? We all know what happened to the Wii U (documented poor sales, not trying to start a console debate here). Just seems weird because I thought most stores stopped taking Wii U pre-orders after a few days.

Is it me, or have Xbox One/PS4 pre-orders been open for a loooooong time, especially when compared to the Wii U? We all know what happened to the Wii U (documented poor sales, not trying to start a console debate here). Just seems weird because I thought most stores stopped taking Wii U pre-orders after a few days.
day one editions for both systems are pretty much gone.

Yeah but they still ran for a lot longer than Wii U did.

Like I said before though, its because Xbox One and PS4 are basically just using PC parts so its much easier to produce.

This is pretty much the route I've taken. I had two 50% bonus trade in coupons for GameStop and took full advantage of them. Traded in games, systems, electronics. Plus I've been slowly flipping credit to GameStop and Amazon to pre-order and pay off games.

I got the Xbox One paid off as well as Dead Rising 3, COD: Ghosts, Forza 5, and Watch Dogs. I also got an extra controller paid off.

I got 370 paid off for the PS4. I'm really just not excited for anything it has at launch. I put 5 down on Killzone but I really didn't enjoy 2 or 3 at all. That's about the only game that interests me for launch of that system. Second Son is going to be awesome but I'm thinking that'll be out toward summer.

This is pretty much the route I've taken. I had two 50% bonus trade in coupons for GameStop and took full advantage of them. Traded in games, systems, electronics. Plus I've been slowly flipping credit to GameStop and Amazon to pre-order and pay off games.

I got the Xbox One paid off as well as Dead Rising 3, COD: Ghosts, Forza 5, and Watch Dogs. I also got an extra controller paid off.

I got 370 paid off for the PS4. I'm really just not excited for anything it has at launch. I put 5 down on Killzone but I really didn't enjoy 2 or 3 at all. That's about the only game that interests me for launch of that system. Second Son is going to be awesome but I'm thinking that'll be out toward summer.

This was my logic, don't get me wrong the PS4 is a beast on paper so far and I'm sure I will have one but all of my friends are getting X1s so that means games like BF4, COD, Watchdogs, ect ect I would buy for the X1 to play with them...on the PS4 that only would leave launch exclusives and Im not interested at all in Knack and Killzone Shadowfall only peaks a meh on my interest meter.

On the other hand Deadrising 3 and Forza 5 have got me very interested and COD ghosts is something all of my friends and I will be playing together.

Besides I took the extra money from my ps4 preorder and converted it to amazon credit and now I have a brand new plasma tv on the way : D

What's everybody getting for launch in terms of games? I'm starting to think I'm the only one excited for Rise.
I'm excited for Ryse but not $60 Day One excited, that's one I will a bit until it drops a bit or rent it. I'm in for COD ghosts Hardened Edition (sucker for steal cases and it comes with the map packs), Forza 5, and Dead Rising 3....BF4 im gonna grab on my PC.

What's everybody getting for launch in terms of games? I'm starting to think I'm the only one excited for Rise.

I have preordered:

Ryse
BF4
Dead Rising 3
Forza 5

And willow than likely be picking up Watch Dogs as well :)

There's quite a few I'm interested in but the ones I'll be getting for sure are

Battlefield 4

Dead Rising 3

Forza Motorsport 5

But Killer Instinct, Ryse, Lego Marvel, Watchdogs, and Assassins Creed 4 all interest me as well, not sure what I'll do for those yet.

I wasn't interested in Dead Rising 3 but now I am. Never played a Dead Rising game before, but since DR2 is for free for gold members, I have no excuse to try it now.

I wasn't interested in Dead Rising 3 but now I am. Never played a Dead Rising game before, but since DR2 is for free for gold members, I have no excuse to try it now.
I strongly suggest trying it. While I enjoyed DR1 on Xbox, I found it frustrating to play due to the time constraints. I picked up DR2 for PC and used a mod to speed up and slow-down time so I could just enjoy the game. I doubt I will play DR3 unless they remove the harsh time restrictions (or release it for PC).

bread's done
Back