Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Yeah that overclock is harmless, I've got my 2500k overclocked from 3.4 to 4.5ghz...now that inside of a Xbox One case would melt. But any little bit will help, im glad to see the console only getting better.

Just to add fuel to the proverbial release date speculation fire...

Those saying that the release date had to be later than the PS4 due to the every2minutes promotion missed on key nugget...

From the FAQ - "Standard Auctions will be held each night during the Auction time period except when a Standard Auction is replaced by an Advanced or Premium Auction. Advanced Auctions will be held once per night, Saturday - Thursday and Premium Auctions will be held once per week on Friday evenings, except Friday November 8, 2013." Nowhere else is November 8th mentioned.

Speculate...

Just to add fuel to the proverbial release date speculation fire...

Those saying that the release date had to be later than the PS4 due to the every2minutes promotion missed on key nugget...

From the FAQ - "Standard Auctions will be held each night during the Auction time period except when a Standard Auction is replaced by an Advanced or Premium Auction. Advanced Auctions will be held once per night, Saturday - Thursday and Premium Auctions will be held once per week on Friday evenings, except Friday November 8, 2013." Nowhere else is November 8th mentioned.

Speculate...
Drawings will be conducted on or about each Friday during the Sweepstakes Period with the first drawing being held on November 8, 2013 and the last drawing being held on or about December 13, 2013.
November 8th is reserved to start the drawing for the sweepstakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I finally pulled the trigger on my Amazon preorder by switching the payment from CC to my gift card credit.  Not that I can't cancel it later if I want - but I think I'll keep it even though I am less excited about it than PS4.  I played a few One games at PAX.  My son really wants Dead Rising 3 at launch.  It helped that I got about $40 worth of XBL credit from the Harmonix (Fantasia) booth.  Without my 13 year-old son being a factor, I wouldn't be getting one at launch though.  Since I already have it paid off with trade-in credit, though, what the hell - I'll go for it.

Besides DR3, I can't see what else I'll be buying before the end of the year though.  We played Titanfall - it looks and plays great.  I just detest multiplayer only games, so it isn't for me.  It was a huge disappointment to hear today that the Plants vs. Zombies shooter game is multiplayer only as that was one of the reasons I wanted a One.

You kids with your multiplayer BS - ruining gaming IMO ;).

is overclocking safe nowadays? I remember in my old PC gaming days that it was a risky practice to the computer.
They didnt overclock anything, there initial software had the gpu/cpu running slower to leave breathing room. Now that everything is tested/set and planned out they are able to adjust stuff on the software side for final tweaking. The way they have handled the hardware has been very smart & cautious. Prob trying to avoid another 3 red lights type issue.

"Does that even look next gen?"

Show me a game that puts that much stuff on screen at once in this gen.

People said the EXACT SAME THING about screenshots of the first Dead Rising. "That looks like last generation."

Then you see how much stuff is on screen at once, and you realize there's no way in hell it could run on a last-generation machine.
It's what happens every time the Xbox brand has an exclusive all the Sony fanboys are jealous of.

strange thing is the avg online gamer age is between 25-40 so i doudt its those kids destorying single player gaming :D
Like I said, those kids ruining gaming with their obsession with multiplayer and online party chat... I didn't mean children.

I have a question.  MS keeps touting the day 1 exclusives for certain games (like Dead Rising 3).  My son seems to be under the impression they are essentially preorder bonuses so he wants me to preorder the disc copy.  But I will have close to $100 (if not more) worth of MS points to burn then so I'd probably just want to buy it digitally.  With their big push for digital gaming they have to be offering the same things if you buy digital the first day, right?  Of course, that also depends on whether my console actually gets here day 1 or not (from Amazon).  I could buy it on xbox.com though if not.

That way I also won't lament the super-cheapness of the launch games 1-2 years out since I'd have it in a format I couldn't resell anyway ;).

It's what happens every time the Xbox brand has an exclusive all the Sony fanboys are jealous of.
Word of the last 2 months...fanboy..blah, let's leave that to gamespot or gamefaqs. It's ok to be jealous of another system's games. That's the point of exclusives, especially if you're like me and don't have a lot of disposable income and I have to choose one console in the beginning. If you want to put numbers on it, this year alone 360 had one major exclusive, Gears of War Judgment, maybe 1 or 2 more that I missed. Sony had/will have 8+ by the end of the year. It has been that way for years now. That's a reason I am happy they changed Ryse. It was being made as a 360 Kinect game, but moved to X1 to increase exclusive numbers. They need more exclusives and so far so good. Let's hope they keep it up.

I have a question. MS keeps touting the day 1 exclusives for certain games (like Dead Rising 3). My son seems to be under the impression they are essentially preorder bonuses so he wants me to preorder the disc copy. But I will have close to $100 (if not more) worth of MS points to burn then so I'd probably just want to buy it digitally. With their big push for digital gaming they have to be offering the same things if you buy digital the first day, right? Of course, that also depends on whether my console actually gets here day 1 or not (from Amazon). I could buy it on xbox.com though if not.

That way I also won't lament the super-cheapness of the launch games 1-2 years out since I'd have it in a format I couldn't resell anyway ;).

It's my understanding that the only difference from the day one edition digital vs the physical is you don't get the slip cover case. You get the same bonuses and they are available for up to two weeks after launch. :)

I have a question. MS keeps touting the day 1 exclusives for certain games (like Dead Rising 3). My son seems to be under the impression they are essentially preorder bonuses so he wants me to preorder the disc copy. But I will have close to $100 (if not more) worth of MS points to burn then so I'd probably just want to buy it digitally. With their big push for digital gaming they have to be offering the same things if you buy digital the first day, right? Of course, that also depends on whether my console actually gets here day 1 or not (from Amazon). I could buy it on xbox.com though if not.

The content of Day One Editions of Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Son of Rome and Dead Rising 3 have been detailed by Microsoft, listing the exclusive content pre-order customers will receive in the limited-run editions.

Day One Editions will be available only through retail pre-orders while supplies last, or via download on Xbox LIVE for two weeks after launch.

Forza Motorsport 5 Day One Car Pack: This three-car pack features cars from Lamborghini, Audi, and Ford:
2010 Audi TT RS Coupe: Stuffed stem to stern with modern tech, the TT RS is the first TT model to carry Audi's famed RS badge – a distinction that's earned on the track from the moment you step on the gas.

2013 Ford Focus ST: Debuting with the same 247-hp 2.0-liter turbocharged EcoBoost engine from the much larger Ford Explorer SUV, the new Ford Focus ST packs a serious punch.

2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera: Like great sculpture, the Superleggera's chiseled form is carefully considered for maximum impact. That's where the similarities end, however, because this work of art is best appreciated when it's moving at top speed.

Dead Rising 3 Day One Edition: Dead Rising Tribute Pack featuring exclusive game content and bonus attribute perks:

Classic Frank West outfit with Frank's Zombie Slugger weapon, extra gory attacks and a custom skill move. Also includes attribute perks for increased melee damage and tougher survivors.
Official Chuck Greene outfit with Paddle Saw combo weapon that cuts through zombie hordes with increased damage and durability. Also includes attribute perks for vehicle and weapon durability.

Ryse: Son of Rome Day One Edition Exclusive Gladiator Mode Unlockables: The Day One Edition will give players access to an exclusive Gladiator Mode Co-Op Multiplayer Map and an exclusive Sword add-on. Owners of the Day One Edition will be able to invite friends who own the Standard Edition to join them on the exclusive map.

Legionnaire's Trust Exclusive Sword: From the Brotherhood of Metalworkers high in the Swiss Alps comes this well-crafted, finely hammered blade that includes bonus in-game attributes.

Ruins: Placing gladiators among the columns of an abandoned temple, Ruins will pit players against hordes of Barbarians, attacking from around every corner. The arena changes dynamically during gameplay, adding new obstacles and objectives for the player to encounter and overcome.

The content of Day One Editions of Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Son of Rome and Dead Rising 3 have been detailed by Microsoft, listing the exclusive content pre-order customers will receive in the limited-run editions.

Ryse: Son of Rome Day One Edition Exclusive Gladiator Mode Unlockables: The Day One Edition will give players access to an exclusive Gladiator Mode Co-Op Multiplayer Map and an exclusive Sword add-on. Owners of the Day One Edition will be able to invite friends who own the Standard Edition to join them on the exclusive map.

Legionnaire's Trust Exclusive Sword: From the Brotherhood of Metalworkers high in the Swiss Alps comes this well-crafted, finely hammered blade that includes bonus in-game attributes.

Ruins: Placing gladiators among the columns of an abandoned temple, Ruins will pit players against hordes of Barbarians, attacking from around every corner. The arena changes dynamically during gameplay, adding new obstacles and objectives for the player to encounter and overcome.
Thanks Neo---got Ryse Day 1 edition on pre-order, looks awesome. goin nutz for all that ancient history stuff

Finally pre-ordered one of these now that my PS4 is paid off. Time will tell if I keep the pre-order or not. Should have gotten a "just in case" order in sooner so I could have scored a Day One Edition, but I had zero intention of ordering one at all until now.

Interesting...still wish they'd gone with a newer gpu though

The GPU is new. The problem is not that it's not new. It's based on the 7770, so it's decently new. No, the "problem" is it's not a very good GPU when compared to the 7850-like PS4's GPU. It's only 2/3rd's the GPU that the PS4 has, but the reality may or may not be that it will actually show this in gameplay. Depending on how well MS can use that SRAM cache they've got, it may show little sign of the difference or a HUGE difference due to memory bandwidth. If Sony has problems with latency because of their GDDR5 usage, then that could also impact if you see a difference. I suspect you will see a difference (akin to the 360 vs PS3 port scenario this gen), but...

...it's better they go with that GPU than have a repeat of the RROD problems this gen because they went so cutting edge they didn't have time to properly QA it. There are already a lot of reports that MS is having manufacturing problems across the board with the Xbone and its CPU/GPU compared to how many PS4's Sony's managed to stockpile...

Sounds like they're allowing more Day One preorders as well. I'll be waiting for Amazon to post it, since I can always convert my GS and BBY credit to Amazon cash!

The video says that retailers should update their stock levels by this afternoon :)

Story on IGN states "In addition, Xbox marketing executive Yusuf Mehdi has confirmed that an additional number of Xbox One Day One Editions have been made available for pre-order." Looks like I might not be too late after all! Awesome. Guess I picked a good day to pre-order.

This announcement probably explains the lack of a GS weekly ad. Probably going to post it soon, and it'll say come preorder your xbox one with limited supplies.

November 22nd release date! :D

Source: http://news.xbox.com/
ughhhh booooooo :(

oh well.. guess it was wishful thinking that they could get it out earlier...

atleast I know what day to take off now.. but hope i dont get swayed to buy some of the multiplatform games on ps4 since ill have that a week earlier. I guess its still a partial win for them in Europe as theyll release sooner.

GameStop just called me. They are taking Xbone pre-orders today!!!  I already have mine preordered from Microsoft store, but I may go trade some stuff in an switch my preorder to gamestop.

Interesting that they picked the 22nd.  You wonder if they had no choice with that date and what led them to it.  On one hand going before the 15th would seem to help especially if you could launch on the day call of duty was to launch, not to mention being out before PS4.  Do you release later because of production numbers?  Do the additional days get you the launch consoles you want?  Also releasing on the biggest shopping day of the year is also a good date too.

Curious if your in charge of making that decision, do you release earlier than ps4 or go with black Friday?

Finally! Glad I didn't also get a ps4 because I just dont have time to enjoy both consoles if they are going to release that close together.

Interesting that they picked the 22nd. You wonder if they had no choice with that date and what led them to it. On one hand going before the 15th would seem to help especially if you could launch on the day call of duty was to launch, not to mention being out before PS4. Do you release later because of production numbers? Do the additional days get you the launch consoles you want? Also releasing on the biggest shopping day of the year is also a good date too.

Curious if your in charge of making that decision, do you release earlier than ps4 or go with black Friday?
So, they went with neither. Black Friday is the 29th this year.

I'm glad to have a date. The particular date is unimportant to me, as the One is just going in the closet until christmas, but it's nice to know what day to keep an eye out for the shipment so it doesn't sit outside for long.

I contemplated preordering both when they went up originally but was still a bit on the edge.

I of course now cave and decided I want both long after the preorders are done.

So it seems GS should have Day One editions now correct? If that is the case I will stop by after work today.

Also, what about the PS4. I would rather have the XBONE but am curious if anywhere takes preorders for that still.

Looking at launch titles and what will be out in 2014, I feel like it is no contest and that Microsoft wins hands down... Opinions?

Why would they do that? I know several people specifically ordering the standard version because they don't want the day one nonsense. They will not be happy if they get upgraded to the day one.
You'll have to ask Amazon for the answer to your question. I know I've read about people getting their regular consoles upgraded to Launch/Day Ones (PS4/XBONE depending) as other preorders were cancelled, or more stock was made available. I'd have to think that most people that had a pending delivery date of December or January would be thrilled to find they'd been upgraded to release date.

Why would they do that? I know several people specifically ordering the standard version because they don't want the day one nonsense. They will not be happy if they get upgraded to the day one.

What's wrong with the Day one vs standard? It's still the same stuff.

Well today I had to make the choice, and even though I went PS4 route, I would like to say thanks to the people in this thread keeping us up to date on info on Xbox One. Eventually I will have both but sadly had to pick one for now. Enjoy guys! 

I contemplated preordering both when they went up originally but was still a bit on the edge.

So it seems GS should have Day One editions now correct? If that is the case I will stop by after work today.

Also, what about the PS4. I would rather have the XBONE but am curious if anywhere takes preorders for that still.

Looking at launch titles and what will be out in 2014, I feel like it is no contest and that Microsoft wins hands down... Opinions?
I think local gamestops are taking around 50 more pre orders.

I myself have both day one consoles on amazon pre ordered.

Xbox does look the better route as far as games go but it looks like ps4 will dominate the sells for the first year.

It's basically a wait and see game :p

Been saving up a while so plan to have both on launch.

I think the X1 launch lineup is way better than PS4. Taking out the multi-platform games you have Killzone, Knack, Drive Club, plus I'm sure an Indie game or two versus Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Rise, Killer Instinct. Dead Rising 3 looks like the best of the bunch and I can't wait to see the visuals on Forza 5 and Rise.

Admittedly I disliked Killzone 2 and 3 so I'm not excited about the new one much. Knack could be really good. I would take Forza 5 over Drive Club. I'm pumped for Nov 22nd. Can't wait to fire up the X1. Let's get it rocking

I think the X1 launch lineup is way better than PS4. Taking out the multi-platform games you have Killzone, Knack, Drive Club, plus I'm sure an Indie game or two versus Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Rise, Killer Instinct. Dead Rising 3 looks like the best of the bunch and I can't wait to see the visuals on Forza 5 and Rise.

Admittedly I disliked Killzone 2 and 3 so I'm not excited about the new one much. Knack could be really good. I would take Forza 5 over Drive Club. I'm pumped for Nov 22nd. Can't wait to fire up the X1. Let's get it rocking
I am in a similar boat. I want to like Killzone; I keep trying to like it. Something just isn't there enough for me though.

Thanks for the replies you two. I will call up Gamestop on the way home and see if I can nab a Day One now.

You're telling me. I think they're crazy too but they don't want all that junk (controller, achievement, stickers) that come with the Day one.

Tell them to sell the stuff lol. it'll make it cheaper!

I also agree with everyone on the launch lineup..Looking forward DR3, Forza, and Killer Instinct.

Undecided about Call of Duty as of right now...

I was really hoping to get the multiplatform games on X1 but now may need to rethink that since it's releasing a week after PS4.  Only have Watch Dogs preordered for that system.

I also care for absolutely none of the first party ps4 games..Hopefully one of the games will surprise me.

My Gamefly account will be busy that month....

After watching that 15mins of watchdogs, I think theyve changed my mind. Now I think I want it. Im the kind of guy, that if I buy more than one game at a time one of them will get neglected. Im already getting BF4 and DR3.

After watching that 15mins of watchdogs, I think theyve changed my mind. Now I think I want it. Im the kind of guy, that if I buy more than one game at a time one of them will get neglected. Im already getting BF4 and DR3.
BF4/DR3 will never ever really finish.

So beat WatchDogs first then go play BF4/DR3.

bread's done
Back