Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

I have a best buy pre order for store pickup and the release date hasn't changed either. Just lists today's date.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will say, though, that there are more launch games on the Xbox platform that interest me. I'm a huge Forza fan and I like the look of DR3 -- I remember getting the original DR when it came out on my 360 and spending a lot of time with it. The PS4 doesn't yet have any exclusives that grab me.
I actually pre ordered the Xbox One with a separate Amazon pre-order of the Forza 5 LE. I also have a Forza 5 Day One Pre-Order at Amazon. The last Forza I "sort of" got into was Forza 2. And I played the Forza 4 demo recently and liked it quite a bit. Do you think the Forza 5 LE is worth the extra cost?

I don't care for the decals, but I do like the idea of "2x player rewards" and the VIP membership cars. I just wonder if it's not too hard to earn those via the Day One edition...

As for PS4, I pre-ordered Watch Dogs for it. I'm deciding which platform to buy CoD: Ghosts on.

I got countdown timers going on both my Nexus phone and my Nexus 7.2 tablet.  So excited.  I've never used a Kinect for even one second, and always had zero interest in it and actually quite hated that whole thing due to the space restrictions the thing had, but I am VERY excited for Kinect on the Xbox One.

If NA does get a free game like Eu is, would it come in both the regular xbox edition and the day one edition? Or is it just for day one edition pre-orders?

so i just checked my xbox one day one ship date with amazon, and the date is still november 27. is anyone else seeing this?

so i just checked my xbox one day one ship date with amazon, and the date is still november 27. is anyone else seeing this?
I'm getting the same. The CS rep said they had to push back some shipments which is total bollocks since I pre-ordered the second you could on Amazon.

I guess I'm going to pre-order from Best Buy. I'm assuming you can do this in store?

Same here. I had also ordered it a couple of minutes after it went live on Amazon.

Same here.
I'm on the phone with support right now. Hopefully this is just incorrect information on Amazon's side.

Edit: Heads up to anyone with this same issue: I called Amazon and I'm not really sure what the CS rep did but my delivery date has now changed back to the 22nd.

Same here. I had also ordered it a couple of minutes after it went live on Amazon.
Hm, I did too. I know I ordered mine as soon as you can because I had refreshed the page and it went to an "under construction" page, and then when I refreshed again the Xbone was for sale. I ordered. Im sure this is just a glitch and will be fixed in time and I will get it on release date.

Man that's the only thing I'm gonna miss by ordering one on Amazon, I love doing these midnight launches :(
I haven't gone to a midnight console launch before. I did go to GS for the GTA IV launch. Got my game, played for 15 minutes then passed out :p

I now wish I pre ordered the PS4 at a Best Buy. For now, that'll be an Amazon shipment (Launch Edition).

I'm on the phone with support right now. Hopefully this is just incorrect information on Amazon's side.

Edit: Heads up to anyone with this same issue: I called Amazon and I'm not really sure what the CS rep did but my delivery date has now changed back to the 22nd.
I got an update email this morning about my Forza 5 LE Pre Order from Nov 27 to Nov 22. I'm sure it's just Amazon updating their dates properly, for the earlybirds too. I also ordered soon after the console pre order went live.

I haven't gone to a midnight console launch before. I did go to GS for the GTA IV launch. Got my game, played for 15 minutes then passed out :p
Haha, yeah I'm always up at night and sleep during the day due to my schedule so when I go to a midnight launch I usually get to go home and play it a fair amount before I go to sleep, probably just gonna end up staying up all day when this thing launches now either way though

For those who are worried about Amazon still showing a delivery date of Nov. 27th:

Go to your order detail page and select the shipping method. Reconfirm your 2-day shipping. When the page refreshes, you will see that the delivery date is now Nov. 22nd.

Gamestop still doesn't have official announcements for which locations are doing midnight releases but I asked my store and they were like... uh yeah we will hahah It would seem odd for most of them not to!

How does the Microsoft Store handle their XONE preorders? Are all MS preorders going to arrive on Nov. 22nd or is it based on inventory availability? :bouncy:

I preordered a Day One Console about 3 weeks ago and I HOPE they can ship out my system so I can play Forza 5.

Haha, yeah I'm always up at night and sleep during the day due to my schedule so when I go to a midnight launch I usually get to go home and play it a fair amount before I go to sleep, probably just gonna end up staying up all day when this thing launches now either way though

I already told my work not to schedule me early those days lol. I can't decide if I want to work early and go play all day or come in late.

For those who are worried about Amazon still showing a delivery date of Nov. 27th:

Go to your order detail page and select the shipping method. Reconfirm your 2-day shipping. When the page refreshes, you will see that the delivery date is now Nov. 22nd.
thanks for that. it worked.

Gamestop still doesn't have official announcements for which locations are doing midnight releases but I asked my store and they were like... uh yeah we will hahah It would seem odd for most of them not to!
Mall locations are YMMV on mall management. However, I believe all other locations will most likely do a midnight launch.

Same thing happened to people when the PS4 release date was announced. Everyone went batshit paranoid because the date hadn't updated.

So with best buy we'll still get it day one right even though it doesn't list the right pre-order date?

Same, so pumped.

Today has really got me overly excited as I continue to get emails from Amazon with updated dates on my X1 and all of the games I preordered!

I just updated everything to two day shipping and it refreshed itself to 11/22

Is COD Ghosts X1 version still coming out before 11/22? Seems odd, I'm using free shipping on that one anyways since I'll be busy with Ryse/DR3/Forza/KI and Crimson Dragon anyways.

If I pre-order the standard edition is there a chance it will be upgraded?  I signed up for Day One notices a long time ago and received nothing.

So with best buy we'll still get it day one right even though it doesn't list the right pre-order date?
I'd imagine so. While the preorders themselves have a release date of today (I assume it updates everyday to the current date), the actual listing on the website for the Xbox One has the correct release date.

Now we just wait for our pre-orders to actually update to the right date.

So when is everyone dumping their 360's? I would sell it now if it weren't for grand theft auto.
You would sell it NOW? So you are fine with having no console for 2 months? Sheesh people, it is not like it self destructs on 11/22, there are still HUNDREDS of great games on the 360, the One will have like, only a few handfuls for a long time.

So when is everyone dumping their 360's? I would sell it now if it weren't for grand theft auto.
I have three 360s (one fat, two slim) and will be selling one of them, but I definitely need to keep at least one for my backlog and XBLA stuff, at least for another couple years.

If it fails, I figure getting a replacement 360 will be dirt cheap in the coming timeframe. Not concerned.

I have three 360s (one fat, two slim) and will be selling one of them, but I definitely need to keep at least one for my backlog and XBLA stuff, at least for another couple years.

If it fails, I figure getting a replacement 360 will be dirt cheap in the coming timeframe. Not concerned.
Same boat but I'll be ditching one of my slims and my phat. I'll be keeping the slim in the bedroom for Netflix and 360 games I feel like I want.

bread's done
Back