Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

You would sell it NOW? So you are fine with having no console for 2 months? Sheesh people, it is not like it self destructs on 11/22, there are still HUNDREDS of great games on the 360, the One will have like, only a few handfuls for a long time.
With work and school I only get to mess with my xbox once a week at best so I'd be fine for a while. Plus I've got a ps3 for current gen titles.

I am guessing there will be no shortage? It seems Bestbuy is still taking Day One orders.

Is it legit though? Are those really Day one Xbox One units?  I know Amazon sold out a while ago, not sure what to think of it that BestBuy is still taking pre-orders for store pickup. thanks

I don't think there will be a shortage. Targets around me still have 5+ Xbox One pre-order cards per store. They and others still have units for pre-order.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think there will be a shortage. Targets around me still have 5+ Xbox One pre-order cards per store.

How many times are you going to say this?

:lol:

I don't think there will be a shortage. Targets around me still have 5+ Xbox One pre-order cards per store.
Microsoft recently announced that they plan to make sure that even if you haven't preordered, then you can still get a console at launch.

The limited nature of Day One Editions however seems to be true though.

Ps4 and x1 will be hard to find I don't care if target has cards left or not. Lets be honest who really thinks hey a new system is out I better run to target and get one to pre order. Best buy is really the only store with pre orders open heck even ms store is now sold out seeing ms them shelfs are out of day one system that shows something.

I think Wal Mart is still taking pre-orders in store.

Neither system is going to be to hard to find. The parts are PC parts and neither side can afford to have outages going head to head. Im sure they are both cranking out as many as they can.

I can very well see most stores having these things in a lot of ads for Xmas time and only putting them out at curtain times to have some for every ad I know that's what my company is doing.

Someone asked if there is going to be a shortage and I responded with why i do not think so. Have an issue with that?

So the reason you think there will not be a shortage day 1 is a few targets near you still have preorder cards 2 months before launch. Yeah your right. Seems logical enough for me...

So the reason you think there will not be a shortage day 1 is a few targets near you still have preorder cards 2 months before launch. Yeah your right. Seems logical enough for me...
No, I gave other reasons as well.

if it makes you feel better, i don't think either system is going to be hard to find.

Do you want the Xbox One to be hard to find or something? Does it at all benefit you if it is hard to find?

No, I gave other reasons as well.

if it makes you feel better, i don't think either system is going to be hard to find.

Do you want the Xbox One to be hard to find or something? Does it at all benefit you if it is hard to find?

It doesn't matter to me if it is or not. I have mine locked down. History has shown that they will be hard to find. Both of them.

Ms and Sony might make enough to meet demands but don't mean retail stores will put all the systems on sale they get. Stores will only put out Couple systems to cover ads all Xmas season and ms and Sony cant do nothing about it seeing stores own the systems seeing they pre buy systems and can do what ever they want with thwm

The first month of ps3 was hard to find I remember seeing my area I could not get one till at least after New Years and I live in a pretty big city

which will meet systems more easy to find?

Im not sure what you mean.

Ill rephrase it for you gets then.

Based on my area, if you live in South Jersey, it should not be hard to find an Xbox One.

That better?

There will be plenty to fine because all the resellers will either be returning or taking a lost on eBay. Now for the ps3 in the Phoenix, az area they where plenty to find about a week after they came out.

I think for a couple of weeks they might be hard to find with Black Friday right around the corner but after that I doubt they will be too hard to locate. I don't have any proof tho and would like to state that this is just my opinion and by no way fact so somebody doesn't try to harass me.

I think for a couple of weeks they might be hard to find with Black Friday right around the corner but after that I doubt they will be too hard to locate. I don't have any proof tho and would like to state that this is just my opinion and by no way fact so somebody doesn't try to harass me.
How dare your baseless speculation not correspond with someone else's baseless speculation!
As far as I can tell, there's only one way to resolve this before release, when there's actual data. Fight to the death, like a good old fashioned Kirk v Gorn match.

Man that's the only thing I'm gonna miss by ordering one on Amazon, I love doing these midnight launches :(
I usually do too and I've done one for every Halo besides ODST since Halo 2. I got ODST early from Newegg or I would have been there too.

For a console like this though? I don't really want to get home at 12:30-1am and then have a whole new system and a few games sitting there. Because either I stay up forever and end up messing up my sleep schedule, or I have to go to bed within 3-4 hours of getting home (still going to bed at 5am) and not really having much time to fully grasp everything. I don't mind waiting till the early afternoon and then having 12+ hours for my first experience.

There will be plenty to fine because all the resellers will either be returning or taking a lost on eBay. Now for the ps3 in the Phoenix, az area they where plenty to find about a week after they came out.
People actually want the Xbox One though unlike the PS3. Only place to find them will be eBay for $700 or more.

I don't think there will be a shortage. Targets around me still have 5+ Xbox One pre-order cards per store. They and others still have units for pre-order.
Is there a disadvantage to preordering at Target? (besides having to buy a game/accessory too)
I don't even see it mentioned in the OP as an option.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=80168873&postcount=708

Microsoft's Albert Penello:

"I get a ton of hate for saying this – but it’s been the same EVERY generation. Sony claims more power, they did it with Cell, they did it with Emotion Engine, and they are doing it again. And, in the end, games on our system looked the same or better. 

I’m not saying they haven’t built a good system – I’m merely saying that anyone who wants to die on their sword over this 30%+ power advantage are going to be fighting an uphill battle over the next 10 years."

I love it.  I love it when Sony's propaganda is lined up one after the other.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=80168873&postcount=708

Microsoft's Albert Penello:

"I get a ton of hate for saying this – but it’s been the same EVERY generation. Sony claims more power, they did it with Cell, they did it with Emotion Engine, and they are doing it again. And, in the end, games on our system looked the same or better.

I’m not saying they haven’t built a good system – I’m merely saying that anyone who wants to die on their sword over this 30%+ power advantage are going to be fighting an uphill battle over the next 10 years."

I love it. I love it when Sony's propaganda is lined up one after the other.
Well this time there using nearly the exact same type/line cpu/gpu just the ps4 clearly has the better ram and cpu/gpu. Since its not some custom made cell cpu this time its easy to tell which one has the better hardware. In the end games will look basically the same, MS has a more strict cert process so games could end up being less buggy and in turn may even run better. But to say the ps4 isnt more powerful would be wrong, it is. But being a PS3/360 owner since they launched im going xbox one first simply because its UI and OS is leaps and bounds better. Just by the videos ive seen of it. Sony is sticking to a very updated version of the XMB which is disapointing. But overall i cant wait for this gen to come, ill get both consoles eventually because if anyone thinks that both systems are not gonna get must have titles youd be dead wrong.

Pre ordered from amazon months ago now they're saying we won't get it on release day unless we choose 1 day shipping.

Does anyone know if you can pre order from best buy, walmart, target, etc B&M without having to pre order in full and finish paying when it's released?

Pre ordered from amazon months ago now they're saying we won't get it on release day unless we choose 1 day shipping.

Does anyone know if you can pre order from best buy, walmart, target, etc B&M without having to pre order in full and finish paying when it's released?
Where did they say that?

Honestly, people need to stop freaking out. People did this as well when the PS4 release date got annouced and everyone that had pre-orders on line had the date fixed within a week.

Where did they say that?

Honestly, people need to stop freaking out. People did this as well when the PS4 release date got annouced and everyone that had pre-orders on line had the date fixed within a week.
I did an online chat with them last night. I pre ordered when we first could to be safe and am keeping it at least until closer to the release date. Really no point to cancel it.

Amazon did away with the separate release day shipping option a while ago, you still get it on release day if you pick the 2 day shipping option. I have mine preordered with 2 day shipping and the scheduled delivery date is Nov 22.  

Amazon did away with the separate release day shipping option a while ago, you still get it on release day if you pick the 2 day shipping option. I have mine preordered with 2 day shipping and the scheduled delivery date is Nov 22.
Cool thanks I'll have to change it to see if it updates. The woman I was talking to via chat last night was a moron I was going to call in November and double check on it.

Well my amazon order got messed up and the customer service can do nothing about it, really wanted the day one edition. Is there any place still taking pre orders to pick up the day one on launch day or midnight?

I've still got my watch dogs ps4 bundle but that was really only ordered to be a back up. I'd much rather have the xb1

So when is everyone dumping their 360's? I would sell it now if it weren't for grand theft auto.
Why would you do that?

They are supporting the system for another 3 years. There will be plenty of games still coming to the 360 that don't see the light of day on the XB1.

GTA5 has not been confirmed next gen.

Biggest MS game that isn't on XB1 is Fable ANniversary, I wouldn't want to miss that either.

Next year alone I will buy Lords of Shadow 2 and Dark Souls 2.

Today my gamestop manager said they had 40 xbone preorders and 70 ps4s. I for some reason feel like they wont even have enough to fulfill every preorder. Am I crazy for thinking this? Either way im getting to that midnight lauch early.

I pre ordered from Best Buy, so they should hold one of the consoles for me despite any crazy lines at midnight launch, right? Technically I could pick it up the next morning also, no?

Well my amazon order got messed up and the customer service can do nothing about it, really wanted the day one edition. Is there any place still taking pre orders to pick up the day one on launch day or midnight?

I've still got my watch dogs ps4 bundle but that was really only ordered to be a back up. I'd much rather have the xb1
best buy,target,walmart

I pre ordered from Best Buy, so they should hold one of the consoles for me despite any crazy lines at midnight launch, right? Technically I could pick it up the next morning also, no?
just a question does yourbest buy order still doing that dumb day to day relase date ? mine keeps doing that and has yet go to nov 22 instore pick up.

Didn't Mircosoft go on and on about how their 360 was more powerful as well?

They both do it equally imo.
I don't remember that at all. I only remember Microsoft doing damage control on not having a HDMI port at first, or Blu-ray. They never claimed the hardware was better, but would quite likely sometimes have a comment about how Sony was exaggerating what the hyped Cell can do, just like they did with the Emotion Engine. They sell on hype, just like the Kinect 1.0 did.

I have one Pre-ordered at Target and Amazon just in case. My best buy doesnt have the best track record for pre-orders so YMMV on that.

I have one Pre-ordered at Target and Amazon just in case. My best buy doesnt have the best track record for pre-orders so YMMV on that.
That's really a shame about ymmv. My Best Buy has been good about in store pickup items, but of course I don't have experience with a launch console and BB. I have a pre order at Amazon as well, but I clearly want to cancel one (close to release) so that I'm not charged for two consoles around launch time.

just a question does yourbest buy order still doing that dumb day to day relase date ? mine keeps doing that and has yet go to nov 22 instore pick up.
Sorry, how do you mean? I just checked my Order Details on the BB website and it says this though, if that's what you mean.

"Order Status:: 1 item(s) preordered, release date is 09/07/13"

That's really a shame about ymmv. My Best Buy has been good about in store pickup items, but of course I don't have experience with a launch console and BB. I have a pre order at Amazon as well, but I clearly want to cancel one (close to release) so that I'm not charged for two consoles around launch time.

Sorry, how do you mean? I just checked my Order Details on the BB website and it says this though, if that's what you mean.

"Order Status:: 1 item(s) preordered, release date is 09/07/13"
yeah thats the question i had seems like they have not updated pre orders dates yet

I know the day one preorders on Amazon are sold out, but realistically how long could it take for the regular xbox one consoles to ship out? My state has 10% tax, so it would cost me $550 at Gamestop (my Gamestop has the day one edition still). I would rather save the extra $50, but I don't want to wait until 2014 with Amazon. Any advice?

bread's done
Back