Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Not sure if this has been mentioned (skimmed through the last 4-5 pages and didn't see anything) but my Best Buy pre-order has finally updated it's date. However, opposed to saying that it will release on the current date (as it was before) it now says the Xbox One will release on 11/30/2013.

Anyone have any guesses on this? I mean, I ordered the Day One edition. Should I still expect it to arrive "Day One" (11/22) or very close to that date. Best Buy pre-orders normally arrive the day following release, but never 8 days later.
I checked my Best Buy pre order for my Day One edition and it lists the release date as "11/22" :whistle2:?

I checked my Best Buy pre order for my Day One edition and it lists the release date as "11/22" :whistle2:?
Well that's obnoxious. I'll have to call CS and make sure that's a typo on mine. I want my Day One edition day one. Not a week later. If the 30th is the actual date I'll be getting it, I'm going to have to cancel and just get one from my buddy at the MS Store. I just wanted to get some Reward Zone points.

uowZnXH.jpg

Well that's obnoxious. I'll have to call CS and make sure that's a typo on mine. I want my Day One edition day one. Not a week later. If the 30th is the actual date I'll be getting it, I'm going to have to cancel and just get one from my buddy at the MS Store. I just wanted to get some Reward Zone points.

uowZnXH.jpg

uowZnXH.jpg
when did you put your order in?

Wouldn't say I'm not calm. Just curious. And I don't think it has to do with updating. Others have said that their Best Buy pre-order has the release date set to the 22nd, as it should be. Mine updated to the 30th.
I placed my 'new' order on 9/7 and it shows an 11/22 pick up. Maybe every store is diff?

What launch shooter are you guys getting with the X1?  I like what I've read about the changes to multiplayer for COD but I know Battlefield has always been better on the PC and with the architecture being to similar It may take better advantage of the Xbox One instead of being a high-res port.

Definitely Battlefield for me, really looking forward to the larger maps and 64 players online on the consoles, the "Levelution" stuff they've shown off also looks pretty intense

Battlefield 4 for me.  I haven't given a cent to Call of Duty since Call of Duty 2 back in November 2005 for Xbox 360's launch.

It's possible, I guess. I shot CS an email just asking if that date is accurate. I just assumed that all the Ones ordered online would come straight from the same warehouse or something.
My BestBuy.com order had the games and controller updated to 11/22, but the system at 11/30. I'm doing in store and was told I'm wave 2 by both online and the store itself. So I asked to have it shipped, they said they ship on launch day, 11/22, so you get it a couple days later, and mine would still ship on 11/30.

I was told by my store that I'm guranteed one, but not on launch, it's first come first serve anyway.

Maybe it's just my store, but it's fustrating that they don't have them in an order per say.

I have my x1 paid off on amazon but the only game I'm really wanting at the moment is watch dogs .
That's prob the only game i don't have preordered for xbox. I went with ps4 version to atleast have one game for that system..lol

COD and BF are prob going to be best on PC .. so holding off for now.. but may stick with COD simply because ive played them all on xbox and i know alot of friends will get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picking up BF4 and Ghosts even though I really don't anticipate playing BF4 much. It looks to be another great installment, but I don't have a squad to roll with and that really waters down the experience. As a lone wolf, I'm better suited for CoD. :p

In case anyone cares:

XB1 will not support vertical orientation. Microsoft staff says XB1 designed to operate in a horizontal position due to slot loading drive. I guess if you go all digital, it shouldn't matter.

Source: http://uk.gamespot.com/tgs/microsoft-on-xbox-one-vertical-orientation-do-it-at-your-own-risk-6414731/
Son of a... :evil: All three of my current gen consoles are vertical. They're perfectly hidden behind my tv, and this is really gonna put a cramp on my setup. 80% have their boxes horizontal, really? Who exactly did they poll for this? And come to think of it, hasn't every single official picture of the 360 been vertical?

I pre-ordered at Best Buy for In-Store pickup.  Hopefully I can just stroll in throughout the day and it better be there and not sold from under me :)  I doubt it, but you never know with Best Buy.

Picking up BF4 and Ghosts even though I really don't anticipate playing BF4 much. It looks to be another great installment, but I don't have a squad to roll with and that really waters down the experience. As a lone wolf, I'm better suited for CoD. :p
My EXACT thoughts as well.

That's prob the only game i don't have preordered for xbox. I went with ps4 version to atleast have one game for that system..lol

COD and BF are prob going to be best on PC .. so holding off for now.. but may stick with COD simply because ive played them all on xbox and i know alot of friends will get it.
really wish x1 was launching with a new halo then I could care less about the other games. The controller , live and halo were the main reasons I stuck with Xbox

really wish x1 was launching with a new halo then I could care less about the other games. The controller , live and halo were the main reasons I stuck with Xbox
Seriously. I think there are probably a lot of similar opinions.

I'm not as in love with Halo as I was back in the old days, but I always buy every installment and it would have made an XB1 a no-brainer.

However, I am an even bigger fan of Forza, so that's why I jumped...

I really don't understand the lack of Halo presence. They should have had something. It's made my decision much more difficult.

Well, we just got a Halo last year. At least they're pacing themselves and not Call of Dutying it.
I would rather this.

I am disappointed but at the same time would not want to have a rushed new game.

I think at the moment I am more looking forward to Destiny and Titanfall more than I am any sort of new Halo anyway!

Well, we just got a Halo last year. At least they're pacing themselves and not Call of Dutying it.
I think they are doing something like that. When they announced the new series wasn't a trilogy, but a serial, I think they are planning to have them more often. If that's the case, and it's a big if, then it should have started now. If it's not the case, probably a good decision for the series.

The Xbox 360 not only launched without a Halo, but without even a new one announced.  It was over six months after launch that they mentioned "Halo" for the first time since Halo 2 released.  As a huge Halo fan it killed me not to know for sure, but that May 2006 day Halo 3 was announced was one of the best days ever.  I was so relieved and happy.

They did change the wording of the new Forerunner trilogy to "saga" but I think that applies more to books, movies, TV show with Spielberg, and non-gaming stuff, but hopefully I'm wrong with that.  I definitely don't see them ever going with annual launches of main Halo games.  The only time stuff like that would happen is if there's an Anniversary Halo polished up by a different developer or if they had a Halo Wars-type situation.  I would love to see a Halo presence each year but I'm currently satisfied with the rate of stuff right now.  It's perfect and with the promise of more always in the future to keep my will to live strong. :)

I wish I could use my Xbox One vertically since I've used my Xbox 360 vertical 100% of the time since November 2005 and never had any issues.  I got the hint a few months ago though that it wasn't going to happen though and am fine with it now.  The look of the Xbox One has grown on me and I can't wait to have it in my home.  I still don't know how I'm going to place both the Xbox 360 and Xbox One with my current setup though.  I probably won't know what I'll do until the see the Xbox One in person, specifically in my basement on November 22nd.

Just wish they would have dev halo 4 for the x1 and launched together . Think there fan base would have been huge . Only thing worried about is the ppl that only own one console per generation jumping to sony in droves and live not being the same .

Just wish they would have dev halo 4 for the x1 and launched together . Think there fan base would have been huge . Only thing worried about is the ppl that only own one console per generation jumping to sony in droves and live not being the same .

Pretty pumped for this launch. Haven't experienced a true console launch in lifetime really. Got the 360 15 months after release, and a PS3 in June of 08. I'll be in line at my local Best Buy waiting for midnight. 

As for games, I'll have FIFA 14, Madden 25 and Battlefield 4 to trade up using the $10 deal, and then picking up Watch Dogs digitally using my MS points balance. 

Glad I got in a week before Best Buy stopped taking pre-orders. I actually have pre-ordered still on Amazon and might try offloading that on Criagslist or something. 

How do people feel about Forza 5 LE? I like the steelbook more than I think I will like the game. I wish there were an artbook like Forza 4 LE.

How do people feel about Forza 5 LE? I like the steelbook more than I think I will like the game. I wish there were an artbook like Forza 4 LE.
I'm planning on getting the game anyways so I'll probably end up going with the LE, the steelbook is cool, and getting into that VIP member pack gets you a couple cars, the LE cars are just liveries so it's not as big of a deal but it is still nice to start with more cars, and then since you get that $10 credit in the game you can start with your favorite car right away which I think is kind of cool, don't really care for the stickers though

I really don't understand the lack of Halo presence. They should have had something. It's made my decision much more difficult.
well too be fair.. halo 4 just launched last year... and we did have a gears game this year. Those are the big two franchises right now..Titanfall should fill in nicely until Halo w.e launches next holiday season

For those still looking to preorder a XB1, check your local MS Store. I cancelled my Best Buy preorder and regretted it. I couldn't find another retail store that had Day 1 Editions. When to the MS Store yesterday  and they had plenty of Day 1 Editions available for preorder. 

For those still looking to preorder a XB1, check your local MS Store. I cancelled my Best Buy preorder and regretted it. I couldn't find another retail store that had Day 1 Editions. When to the MS Store yesterday and they had plenty of Day 1 Editions available for preorder.
I personally have one near me, but there aren't many MS Stores, so it might not be a viable option for some.

Does anyone know how the discover warranty works? Would it work if I paid majority of the Xbox one in amazon credit and pay like 20 on a discover card. I know with purchasing with discover you get a extra year warranty.

Does anyone know how the discover warranty works? Would it work if I paid majority of the Xbox one in amazon credit and pay like 20 on a discover card. I know with purchasing with discover you get a extra year warranty.
Probably not. Typically with free warranty extensions from credit cards, the entirety of the purchase must be made with the credit card.

I'm doing the credit card extension on my ps4 but think I'll be doing a square trade on my Xbox One as well. That accident protection plan looks pretty tempting.

I'm doing Square Trade when I get a 30/40% off coupon in my email.Makes it under $100 for both consoles.
Beware that those coupons "expire" if you don't use them the day they're sent.
So 40% off falls to 30%, 30% to 20%, etc.

They don't even offer an option for the new consoles yet.

When I went into my local Toys R Us on Sunday to pick up GTA V they had paper signs up all around the gaming section that stated you could reserve a Day One Edition for $20 down. Not sure if it's YMMV but if you're looking to preorder its worth at least a phone call to check.

How do people feel about the $75 wireless controller/ play & charge kit? Decent deal? Any better prices or deals out there for it?

bread's done
Back