Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

How do people feel about the $75 wireless controller/ play & charge kit? Decent deal? Any better prices or deals out there for it?
At that price i don't feel great about it at all.. but I was able to order for $56 after the 20% off amazon card deals a month or so ago..

At that price i don't feel great about it at all.. but I was able to order for $56 after the 20% off amazon card deals a month or so ago..
No kidding. For $75 I feel way more comfortable using some of the 20 rechargeable batteries I've had sitting in a drawer unused for years.

Well it's not $75 that has to do with batteries, it's $25.  The controllers are $50 and the play and charge is $25.

I had 3 play and charges go bad on me for the 360 so I feel $50 + rechargeable batteries would be better.
Ive had the same problem... Theres a trick to getting them to work you keep pulling the play and charge kit off until the light actually turns red.... Theres a problem with the batteries if they go so long without being charged they completely die

Yea I just stopped messing with them and got some Sanyo AAs. They have worked flawlessly and I have enough that they are always available

Contemplating if I need this or not. The only games I want on launch are crimson dragon and killer instinct
Do you plan to get any of the games that will be multiplatform releases? You could always factor those in as well, even if you could just buy them on 360 or whatever. Also, I'm sure there will be new games every month after launch, so maybe those two games could tide you over till the next game you're interested in.

How do people feel about the $75 wireless controller/ play & charge kit? Decent deal? Any better prices or deals out there for it?
I was able to snag one from TRU with the 20% off so it was only about $60. I feel like that is a good price. $75 seems a bit steep though.

The day the games go all digital is the day gaming really falls to new lows.   For example lets say GTA3 or vice city where released in digital only back when they released.  Now the orginal xbox online was shutdown so there would be no way for it to check in or re register it on a new console if ur old system dies.   Leaving you without ur games.     I think a huge problem is todays games are whats mainly popular is mostly a mindless annual POS call of duty game that people just look and go meh who cares if i can play that game 10 years from now.  But games like GTA3 i still love to go back and play,  and with GTA5 being so amazing it would be so upsetting if in 10 years my copy i bought wouldnt work due to the check in server being shut down.    A company will promise that the servers for the DRM would never be shut down but thats no true gurrantee at all.  There will always be a time where it will only make sence $$$ wise for them to shut it down.     

I was happy to see so many people thought about this when the shit DRM for xbox was announced.  Steam can keep there DRM focused steaming pil of s***.    Can't wait for my xbox one xD

Last edited by a moderator:
That Forza 5 video looks good, too! So many games...

Right now the launch titles I'll be getting are:

Dead Rising 3 (looks like it could be the best launch game)

Battlefield 3 (will be my preferred shooter though most of my friends play COD)

COD (on the fence with, but will probably get suckered into getting it)

NBA Live 14 (Ultimate team and online team play will be awesome)

Madden 25 (I'm doing the GameStop upgrade for only $10)

Forza looks good as well so I'll keep an open eye for that. I'm sure there are others that will tack on to my list eventually.

with the upgrades for like 10 bucks do you have to do it at the place you purchsed the games or can it be any place?

also oct game informer had awsome article on ea sports next gen titles they sound impressed what they played of the games and also article on ghost that made game sound awsome. xbox one is out in less then two months  :bouncy:

with the upgrades for like 10 bucks do you have to do it at the place you purchsed the games or can it be any place?

also oct game informer had awsome article on ea sports next gen titles they sound impressed what they played of the games and also article on ghost that made game sound awsome. xbox one is out in less then two months :bouncy:
you got the link on the article about ghost ?

also oct game informer had awsome article on ea sports next gen titles they sound impressed what they played of the games and also article on ghost that made game sound awsome. xbox one is out in less then two months :bouncy:

most cases yes you have to do it where you bought it.

if my prestige order goes through I'll be surprised.

Well I can still play my pc games I bought ten years ago. Im disappointed Microsoft changed. I was looking forward to all digital with the ability to trade in.

Amazon will take it from anywhere.

Are there any retailers still taking preorders at this point? Also, any difference between availability of in-store preorders vs bb.com (which is OOS)?

Thanks.  Late to the game...but honestly, xbox fitness got me.

Are there any retailers still taking preorders at this point? Also, any difference between availability of in-store preorders vs bb.com (which is OOS)?

Thanks. Late to the game...but honestly, xbox fitness got me.
Check your local Target stores, Some of them still have XB1 reserve cards. A few days ago, I cancelled my XB1 preorder from The Microsoft Store. Outside of a few personal reasons, I also felt that I didn't want to go back to that very busy mall the day this system launches. This morning, I called a few Targets and one still had a few reservation cards available. According to the back of the card, the store would only have 15 reserveable consoles and would hold your system for seven days. The card is only $10 but the money doesn't go off the system. It's a $10 credit you can use towards another game or accessory for the system.

I went to one of the more major Targets in my area Friday morning and was able to snag the last Day One card they had so they are definitely still out there.

Still have over $800 in credit, original plan was only gonna use it for DLC as thats the only way it can be bought. Might buy games with it though, when does the credit expire after the conversion, forgot

Don't know if I missed this or not, but do retail stores sell anything like 'Microsoft Bucks', something like a Microsoft Points substitute? Just asking because I have Best Buy credit but am interested in buying some digital games next-gen. TIA.

Edit- I guess points are still sold for now and could be converted.

Don't know if I missed this or not, but do retail stores sell anything like 'Microsoft Bucks', something like a Microsoft Points substitute? Just asking because I have Best Buy credit but am interested in buying some digital games next-gen. TIA.
You can still purchase point cards, and they'll automatically get converted to your local currency.

Edit- I guess points are still sold for now and could be converted.
Stores still have the point cards, but I've seen Gamestops and Best Buys with the Microsoft Bucks in $10, $25, $50 varieties.

Closing in on the seven week mark at the end of this week.  I'm so excited.  Xbox Fitness is a huge icing on the cake and I can't wait.  I always run on the treadmill and play through the Halo campaigns (I've run around 2000 miles doing this since 2007 and had some of the best gaming moment of my life doing this).  So playing Xbox and tying Xbox into it is so natural to me, and now for it to be officially integrated?  It's a dream come true, especially if Achievements are involved...and I'm sure they are.

I got my Xbox One-themed Xbox 360 on Friday and was able to sell one of my Slim Xbox 360's at such a high amount on eBay that I actually made a PROFIT doing so, so now I'm all set for my Xbox One to arrive.  All I need is my deluxe Halo 4 Didact figurine to come in the mail, and that's coming in just a couple days after nearly a year-long wait.  The Shrine I have awaits the One.

I can't decide if I want to go digital or get the physical copies.

It's much easier for me to get MS points.
Im going physical until Microsoft or Sony give me a real reason to go completely digital.

If I'm playing the same price the for game either way, I'd much rather have something tangible.

Digital is great for movies, music, et al. where I can freely copy files around to the devices I want them on. With games though, I benefit only if I have multiple machines to which they can be downloaded and played without needing a disc in the drive at startup. I have multiple PCs so I like Steam for this. I have multiple 360s so I can benefit there too.

However, it'll be a long time before I have more than one Xbox One or PS4 and, honestly, I am too attached to the money I get by selling games I no longer need or want. So, physical disc it is.

Digital is great for movies, music, et al. where I can freely copy files around to the devices I want them on. With games though, I benefit only if I have multiple machines to which they can be downloaded and played without needing a disc in the drive at startup. I have multiple PCs so I like Steam for this. I have multiple 360s so I can benefit there too.

However, it'll be a long time before I have more than one Xbox One or PS4 and, honestly, I am too attached to the money I get by selling games I no longer need or want. So, physical disc it is.
Not to mention how you dont really own the stuff you buy. As many people are finding out in the mass 360 bannings going on right now. Same thing when people get banned from amazon, and all their kindle stuff stops working. Unless its throwaway money, or your only option. I have never understood spending your money on digital games. I like to know I own the stuff I bought as much as I possibly can.

I was wondering what this was, but I finally figured out that you meant the Xbox 360E?
Yes, I didn't think most would know what the E-model is.

Running and playing Halo took some practice, but now I can completely run at full speed and never step off or have any issues. It's amazing.

Running and playing Halo took some practice, but now I can completely run at full speed and never step off or have any issues. It's amazing.
I would get too tired and distracted to do anything well and would probably end up falling on my face....

But real running requires the movement of your arms...

I feel like this would make more sense for a stepper or using an elliptical without your arms.

Regardless if you can mix your work out and gaming into one experience more power to you haha I would love it if I could somehow be at the gym lifting and yet somehow playing games too

I'm 6'6" and I weighed 255 when I started.  Due to "Halo Running" I went down to 195 at one point and now hover around 220-225 or so.  It worked great.  I run at a speed of a mile every 10 minutes, which isn't as fast as I could if I wasn't holding a controller, but considering I had to WALK most of the mile in high school gym class and would have the "25+ minutes" as my time, I am very pleased with the progress and can't wait to see how Xbox Fitness can help me finally get arm and core strength, something I've never worked on due to it not being something I can tie into playing Xbox.  There's been countless times I've run 7+ miles non-stop while playing Halo, just absolutely soaked in sweat, but feeling so energized due to the game and the music.  There's parts of Halo 3 that make me actually get chills while I am soaked in sweat and nearly in tears from the epicness.  It gets really emotional when fighting the Covenant and running and knowing they're what stands between you and the workout being over.  It's awesome.

That's really awesome, Neo.  I never had any interest in the original Kinect for 360, but since it comes in the box with Xbox One, I'm hoping to integrate a little exercise into my gaming, too.  Nothing like your level, at least not starting out.  Right now I get winded playing GTA V, so, you know, baby steps.

I am kidding about getting winded, though.  Mostly.

bread's done
Back