Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Just funny that a PS4 + Fifa would still cost less than Xbox One + Free Fifa.
I enjoy your posts except for the ones in this thread and the ps4 thread. Your fanboyism is pretty lame at this point. You jump on any opportunity to badmouth Microsoft.

Once again, enjoy you as a regular poster, but please calm down with the fanboyism its getting old.

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoy your posts except for the ones in this thread and the ps4 thread. Your fanboyism is pretty lame at this point. You jump on any opportunity ttlo badmouth Microsoft.

Once again, enjoy you as a regular poster, but please calm down with the fanboyism its getting old.
Agreed. That comment you quoted served no useful purpose.

The XONE does come with a camera so it's a wash if you have to buy a camera for the PS4. The problem Sony created for themselves is fragmentation. I read that the PS4 was supposed to include a camera and be priced the same as the XONE but Sony decided to remove it in order to lower the price and give the PS4 a price advantage.

I personally don't have a need for a camera on either system but this could give MS an advantage because developers will look to take advantage of the Kinect 2 since every system will have one. Btw I will be getting both systems.

The XONE does come with a camera so it's a wash if you have to buy a camera for the PS4. The problem Sony created for themselves is fragmentation. I read that the PS4 was supposed to include a camera and be priced the same as the XONE but Sony decided to remove it in order to lower the price and give the PS4 a price advantage.

I personally don't have a need for a camera on either system but this could give MS an advantage because developers will look to take advantage of the Kinect 2 since every system will have one. Btw I will be getting both systems.
I read the same. Who knows if it'll pay off for Sony, but fragementation basically secures the fate of their camera.

Personally I'm not going to play many of the kinect games, but saying 'xbox on' and having my x1, tv, controller, etc all turn on when I walk into the room is going to be awesome. Then I'll say 'play dead rising' and all will be right in the world :D

No one took advantage of the Wii remote or Wii U Game Pad, as of now. I doubt it will be any different with the Kinect camera. I'd love to be wrong and it does something revolutionary.

No one took advantage of the Wii remote or Wii U Game Pad, as of now. I doubt it will be any different with the Kinect camera. I'd love to be wrong and it does something revolutionary.
wat? Doesn't nearly every Wii U game take advantage of being able to play with the second screen? Not to mention every wii game used the damn motion controls. Maybe I'm not following you?

I tend to agree that the Kinect probably won't do anything revolutionary, but having one in every box at least gives the opportunity for it.

wat? Doesn't nearly every Wii U game take advantage of being able to play with the second screen? Not to mention every wii game used the damn motion controls. Maybe I'm not following you?

I tend to agree that the Kinect probably won't do anything revolutionary, but having one in every box at least gives the opportunity for it.
By "advantage" I mean, what games make use of the Wii remote and Wii U Game Pad in a meaningful way? Other than Nintendo and a few, rare 3rd party games, a majority of the games were pure waggle fest; this was the reason why many called the Wii just a gimmick.

One prime example of something that some thought would be a gimmick, ended up revolutionizing the way we play games: analog sticks. If they proved to be only a gimmick, it wouldn't have become a standard for all controllers. Many games would be pretty impossible to play without them.

I enjoy your posts except for the ones in this thread and the ps4 thread. Your fanboyism is pretty lame at this point. You jump on any opportunity ttlo badmouth Microsoft.

Making an observation isnt exactly being a fanboy. I enjoy every system for what it has to offer. Fun fact. I have an xbox one pre ordered.

Quite possibly the case.  I can get trolls confused rather easily, because they tend to come across the same in various forums.

Of actual interest to this thread, some excellent news for some people:

Target has reversed their decision on the Watch Dogs bundle.  The people who ordered that bundle will be guaranteed a console on launch day.

Plus, as a bonus for the inconvenience, they are apparently also including $100 in in-store credit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1oy6h6/target_reverses_controversial_decision_to_cancel/

Customer service FTW.

Those systems played to a different audience which was casual. The major devs concentrated on the PS3 and 360. So it was up to the smaller devs to take up the slack. Most of the Wii games I purchased used the Wii remote at least in it's basic form. The WiiU is basically a failed console so it's up to Nintendo to take advantage of the WiiU.

I think the Kinect 2 will get more love from the devs this time around. Tbh I still have no interest in Kinect 2 and have no plans on issuing voice commands. But the fact that everyone will have a XONE camera gives the devs a hook to make their games different from the competition.

wii had alot of great games that used the wii mote well

compared to the awful support for ps move the kinect did have some decent games that i still play time to time when people come over. To say kinect never had great games is just nonsense.

Quite possibly the case. I can get trolls confused rather easily, because they tend to come across the same in various forums.

Of actual interest to this thread, some excellent news for some people:

Target has reversed their decision on the Watch Dogs bundle. The people who ordered that bundle will be guaranteed a console on launch day.

Plus, as a bonus for the inconvenience, they are apparently also including $100 in in-store credit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1oy6h6/target_reverses_controversial_decision_to_cancel/

Customer service FTW.
Wow. I got my preorder canceled from best buy and I all got was a guy saying "there's nothing we can do." I didn't even get an apology.

nice to see i was not going crazy when i read that ps4 was at first going to include ps eye cam which would have pushed the price of ps4 close to x1 price and i was bashed for it in another thread.

Making an observation isnt exactly being a fanboy. I enjoy every system for what it has to offer. Fun fact. I have an xbox one pre ordered.
While this is true, I just picked a bad quote. You take every chance to say something negative about the xbox one. Don't hate me I'm just making an observation. <3

While this is true, I just picked a bad quote. You take every chance to say something negative about the xbox one. Don't hate me I'm just making an observation. <3
Not really. Infact ive said things about both, lol ie pre-order numbers meaning nothing for all consoles. I've also said the launch line up for both systems are pretty weak.

Not really. Infact ive said things about both, lol ie pre-order numbers meaning nothing for all consoles. I've also said the launch line up for both systems are pretty weak.
Not that it matters, but you do come across as a super hardcore sony/ps4 fanboi lol.

I think that might have to do with the fact that the XB1 fanbois argue with you so much, and you have to keep giving them link after link so they shut up.

I'm pretty sure we all sounded like a fanboi at some point, but on a good note BOTH my consoles are paid off.

Not that it matters, but you do come across as a super hardcore sony/ps4 fanboi lol.

I think that might have to do with the fact that the XB1 fanbois argue with you so much, and you have to keep giving them link after link so they shut up.

I'm pretty sure we all sounded like a fanboi at some point, but on a good note BOTH my consoles are paid off.
I think a lot of the hard core xbox fans are a lot more defensive than the hard core ps fans on this site which i think is to be expected because it does get ragged on a lot by not just here but other sites as well.

People like to call me a troll but honestly, what I say is no where near as bad as what most the other people say. None of what I say is even attacking xbox one.

That Titanfall release date is sweet. March 11th is much earlier than I expected. I have to keep that pre-order.

What? They moved it up? Thank god, I didn't want Destiny and Titan Fall in the same month.

That collectors edition price is ridiculous. I still want it of course.

So how long do we think it'll be before Amazon can start updating shipping dates for "standard" orders? All of my friends seem to be going with Xbox and I'm really leery about that touchpad for some reason. And I think my GF would murder me if she couldn't continue to play her exercise and dance games lol. Would let me clear up my PS4 order for someone else if they'd just update it already.

wii had alot of great games that used the wii mote well

compared to the awful support for ps move the kinect did have some decent games that i still play time to time when people come over. To say kinect never had great games is just nonsense.
Other than Nintendo and a few 3rd party games, please share some.

So how long do we think it'll be before Amazon can start updating shipping dates for "standard" orders? All of my friends seem to be going with Xbox and I'm really leery about that touchpad for some reason. And I think my GF would murder me if she couldn't continue to play her exercise and dance games lol. Would let me clear up my PS4 order for someone else if they'd just update it already.
im wondering the same thing. I ordered and paid in full July 22 and I have a delivery date of January 6

Went to best buy and traded in a few games and was able to get $338 in credit.  I needed $337 to pay off the Xbox one so woot.  Now I have an order for the launch edition on amazon.  Anyone on here want an Xbox one?

Hey can some other peeps check their Amazon orders and look at their shipping status. This is what mine says:

Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you by email as soon as we have an estimated delivery date. You can cancel at any time

Or for high volume amazon users, anyone seen this before??

Hey can some other peeps check their Amazon orders and look at their shipping status. This is what mine says:

Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you by email as soon as we have an estimated delivery date. You can cancel at any time

I have seen it on backorder items. but I can be wrong.

Mine just says Delivery estimate: November 22, 2013. I also ordered it the first day it went up, not sure why your order would say that :/

By "advantage" I mean, what games make use of the Wii remote and Wii U Game Pad in a meaningful way? Other than Nintendo and a few, rare 3rd party games, a majority of the games were pure waggle fest; this was the reason why many called the Wii just a gimmick.

One prime example of something that some thought would be a gimmick, ended up revolutionizing the way we play games: analog sticks. If they proved to be only a gimmick, it wouldn't have become a standard for all controllers. Many games would be pretty impossible to play without them.
Neither Wii nor Wii U was ever popular with third party developers. The Xbox One, by contrast, has a solid chance at being one of the two most popular consoles this generation (software sales-wise), just like the 360 before it. Multiplatform games probably won't use Kinect too deeply, but exclusives are much more likely to take advantage of it.

Did you make any payment changes or applied a gift card? Any of these things will move your order to the end of the queue

I'm starting to feel like I should have pre-ordered from another place just to make sure nothing gets messed up.  I pre-ordered my Day One edition from Amazon within a few seconds of it going live and it shows a November 22nd delivery date, but something could still go wrong.

I'm starting to feel like I should have pre-ordered from another place just to make sure nothing gets messed up. I pre-ordered my Day One edition from Amazon within a few seconds of it going live and it shows a November 22nd delivery date, but something could still go wrong.
You shouldn't have any problems getting it on release day. Amazon is pretty good about matching preorder allocation to orders placed.

Ive been applying Gift Cards fairly frequently, they are lame if that moves me to the end.
I wouldn't worry. A bunch of folks have changed payment methods and reported that nothing changed. Even if it moved you to the back of the release day list, you're still release day. I haven't seen anyone say they lost release day shipping after an update.

I wouldn't worry. A bunch of folks have changed payment methods and reported that nothing changed. Even if it moved you to the back of the release day list, you're still release day. I haven't seen anyone say they lost release day shipping after an update.
I hope not because I actually don't even have a card I can use on my account. I had to get a replacement from the bank and they gave me a whole new set of numbers. Also, if I wanted to use credit would it apply automatically or I'd have to do something?

I hope not because I actually don't even have a card I can use on my account. I had to get a replacement from the bank and they gave me a whole new set of numbers. Also, if I wanted to use credit would it apply automatically or I'd have to do something?
You have to select the change payment option and there will be a little check box on the page to apply your credit.

Na, that wont move you to the end. I added a ton of gift cards to get it paid off and my delivery date is still for the 22nd by 8pm.
If we're talking about Best Buy, I was told in store that it does reset your preorder status because they create a new order to apply the payment.

I've been applying a $50 giftcard to my order every week now for the past few months, nothing on my order has changed. I think you will be just fine. Even if it did push me back to the end of the Q its still the Day 1 Q so I don;t really care if I get the first one on the truck or the last as long as it gets here on the 22nd.

bread's done
Back