Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Do you feel personal attacks make your points more valid?
I feel as if you don't have a life and like to start arguments to make you feel better about yourself. Why don't you goto the ps4 thread and preach your bullshit over there. No one here cares.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone spotted any preorder cards around their Target or Walmart?  Just wondering if they're still out there generally before I hop in the car.  My need to play Crimson Dragon is overwhelming my resistance to picking up an Xbox One at launch!

how im i trolling? rippen is coming into a xbox one forum and trolling
Aren't you the same guy who was in the PS4 thread talking about how you're getting one because your friends are getting PS4 and none of your friends is getting an X1? And then you're in this thread saying you're getting an X1 because you have tons of friends on Live and none getting PS4?

That's why people think you're a troll.

And Jesus, both of these threads are pretty much useless now. I've got both preordered and am excited for both, for what that matters.

I'm new to CAG, but I can't be the only one who wants both the PS4 and X1 to be awesome, right? I understand wanting to feel like you chose to spend your money on the right console, but slamming the one you're not buying seems silly to me. I personally intend on buying both at some point.
Bang! Everyone listen to this guy! Both systems doing well is what everyone should hope for. Either one failing would be a huge blow to the industry and would affect both Sony and MS, no matter which failed

You do realize the PS4 has voice commands as well?

The spec bump did little to narrow the margin between the Xbox One and the PS4. And we are already seeing multiplats better on the PS4, so your multiplats will be level statement is incorrect.

Edit: And I will no longer feed the TimboSliceGB troll.
Does it, are they as full fledged as MS is touting? I have the original Kinect which was pretty bleh, but I'm hoping they actually have it down this time. Do you have to by the camera to get them?

Has anyone spotted any preorder cards around their Target or Walmart? Just wondering if they're still out there generally before I hop in the car. My need to play Crimson Dragon is overwhelming my resistance to picking up an Xbox One at launch!
Might try your Gamestop, they all got an additional two preorders the other day.

[quote name="simmias" post="11167215" timestamp="1382893989"]

Aren't you the same guy who was in the PS4 thread talking about how you're getting one because your friends are getting PS4 and none of your friends is getting an X1? And then you're in this thread saying you're getting an X1 because you have tons of friends on Live and none getting PS4?

That's why people think you're a troll.

And Jesus, both of these threads are pretty much useless now. I've got both preordered and am excited for both, for what that matters.[/quot

I said they are not getting x1 right away so I might get both if I can get a ps4 at launce

I want both to succeed too man. Gaming websites and forums are filled with fanboys that never shut up about their beloved console and their hate for the rival consoles. You just gotta try to ignore 'em.

EXACTLY. This dude is a idiot. I even remember him saying shit to Erad30 "enjoy your wonderful 101" because the Wii U didn't have many games releasing for it at the time.
Wii u has games worth playing? You mean a 9 year old Zelda game?

Plus I don't hate ps4 lol i would not be trying to pre order one if I hate it. What bothers me is that people like ripen bashing a system before it's even out.

on a good note was just at best buy an seen this guy but thy had no controllers so could not play. btw both displays are ready to go at my best buy i guess they are just waiting for a go to put controllers in from both companys.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23247]
i might add the thing is not as big as it looked on tv and in photos i would say it's just little bigger then 360 slim and kinect 2.0 is small also.

it's my money why would you care what i do with it and why should i justify why im buying x1 you playstation fan boy. im buying x1 because i do enjoy the 1st party titles at launch for x1 then the ones for ps4. I think xbox live with dedicated servers will be a better service still then psn. 2) i have tons of friends on live unlike psn. 3. i like the added featurs of x1 including kinect and the tv stuff. 4 i can't pre order a ps4 even if i wanted one.
Werent you looking to get a PS4 though because you said alot of your friends are going to be getting a PS4 instead?

Werent you looking to get a PS4 though because you said alot of your friends are going to be getting a PS4 instead?
you mean this ?

i would love for best buy to open up pre orders again im thinking of getting a ps4 instead of x1 seeing people i game with is not getting x1 right away.
still not sure where i said my friends are getting ps4. my xbox live friends list has close to 40 people on it compared to ps3 has like 10 people. my ps3 is used for single player ps3 only games which will be the same when i get a ps4.

you mean this ?

still not sure where i said my friends are getting ps4. my xbox live friends list has close to 40 people on it compared to ps3 has like 10 people. my ps3 is used for single player ps3 only games which will be the same when i get a ps4.
So what you are trying to say is that people you play online with are not getting either system?

[quote name="Deader2818" post="11167398" timestamp="1382899328"]

So what you are trying to say is that people you play online with are not getting either system?[/quote

Your point? I'm keeping my 360. So I can't get x1 because people I play games with is not?

[quote name="Deader2818" post="11167398" timestamp="1382899328"]

So what you are trying to say is that people you play online with are not getting either system?[/quote

Your point? I'm keeping my 360. So I can't get x1 because people I play games with is not?
Dude, my point is im trying to clear up for you what you meant to say.

What you said,people took it as, you want to get a PS4 instead of an Xbox One because your friends are getting a PS4 instead of an Xbox One.

What im asking you, is did you mean to say, you want to get a PS4 instead of an Xbox One because the friends you play online with are not playing to get either console right away.

Does this make sense to you?

The excuses you Xbots will make to justify your Xbox One purchase are beyond belief. In what other product line would people make excuses and justifications for purchasing the inferior product at the higher price point? It makes little to no sense.. and people call Apple customers "sheep?" This is a whole other level.
It's the truth though. 720p/1080p won't even be maximized for these launch games.

Xbox One does have a much better launch line up. PS4 Exclusive wise it's (Better Like Killzone..or else) Xbox has a lot of diversity.

(Edit) Was supposed to be quoting RiPPn there. 

I'm pretty excited myself. The only thing I wish I would've done was upgrade the TV in my office where I'll be playing. Maybe, doing something with the sound as well. However with a newborn on the way, everything else has taken a backseat!

The only thing left for me to do is preorder some games. I've got interest in several - 2k14 (online association anyone?), NFS Rivals, Forza 5, DR3, and I still think Ryse has a chance to be fun.

I took the 22nd off, but typically my house is the last stop on the UPS route, that is going to be one looooong day!
As is mine. We discussed a couple weeks ago in this thread about how one can sign up for a UPS My Choice (or something like that) account for free on UPS.com and then have UPS hold the package at the local depot instead of putting it on the truck that morning. That way, you could sleep in a bit and then go drive and get the package. This way there is no waiting and a little bit less banging around of your Xbox One box. I think I'm going to go that route. Once Amazon ships it and it's in UPS' system it should be available to request it be held at the depot.

Xbox One does have a much better launch line up. PS4 Exclusive wise it's (Better Like Killzone..or else) Xbox has a lot of diversity.

(Edit) Was supposed to be quoting RiPPn there.
Between both systems, the only games I care about are Forza, Killer Instinct, Knack, Driveclub, Battlefield, Watch Dogs, and Need for Speed. That's still better than no launch games (that I liked) with the Wii U...Yet I still bought it at launch. LOL

As is mine. We discussed a couple weeks ago in this thread about how one can sign up for a UPS My Choice (or something like that) account for free on UPS.com and then have UPS hold the package at the local depot instead of putting it on the truck that morning. That way, you could sleep in a bit and then go drive and get the package. This way there is no waiting and a little bit less banging around of your Xbox One box. I think I'm going to go that route. Once Amazon ships it and it's in UPS' system it should be available to request it be held at the depot.
You are my new best friend!

Between both systems, the only games I care about are Forza, Killer Instinct, Knack, Driveclub, Battlefield, Watch Dogs, and Need for Speed. That's still better than no launch games (that I liked) with the Wii U (yet I still bought it at launch).
more i see of knack more i all in love with it. drive club and watch dogs being delayed was a big hit for ps4 launch line up.

I got both systems pre ordered, but debating if I should drop all that cash on the Xbox 1 now or give it a few months.  The lineup seems to be pretty similar to the PS4's except for the exclusives but XB1's don't really do it for me.  I want Titanfall and that drops in March I believe.  However, I do like the feeling of a day 1 purchase.

I'm thinking of doing NBA 2k14 and CoD: Ghosts for Xb1 if I get it, and Knack & Killzone for PS4.

BTW, all those depressing tweets that were all cryptic (from Adam Sessler, etc.) that were posted all over this weekend, including this thread, had nothing to do with the Xbox One.  It has to do with Youtube demonetizing videos that include video game footage.  Adam Sessler and others are basically out of a job thanks to that move and that's where all that sadness was coming from.

Actually, no.

50K0N.png

They are pissed because companies like EA Ubisoft don't want them to even PLAY their games. Just watch them, right a review and then have to send them in and if they dont like what it says, they dont get published.

That's part of the problem too.  Sony is behaving exactly how Microsoft supposedly is and not allowing any video footage of their system at all.  How is Sessler supposed to do what he does when he can only play them in a controlled environment?  Not only is Youtube taking away the way he makes money, but the corporations and companies are shutting down that avenue as well at the same time. 

That's part of the problem too. Sony is behaving exactly how Microsoft supposedly is and not allowing any video footage of their system at all. How is Sessler supposed to do what he does when he can only play them in a controlled environment? Not only is Youtube taking away the way he makes money, but the corporations and companies are shutting down that avenue as well at the same time.
both systems are having day one patches and ps4 patch will put in the main featurs people want to use. It's just another way for them to show these systems are being rushed to market and at the start might affect the quality of both these systems sadly.

That's part of the problem too. Sony is behaving exactly how Microsoft supposedly is and not allowing any video footage of their system at all. How is Sessler supposed to do what he does when he can only play them in a controlled environment? Not only is Youtube taking away the way he makes money, but the corporations and companies are shutting down that avenue as well at the same time.
Why do you say Sony is doing that? The two that were pointed out were EA and Ubisoft.

It's not just Sony doing it, it's everyone.  One of these threads has a developer saying,

"There was a publisher preview event on the PS4 this week –don’t ask, I can't name who, but if I thought that it would impact your end experience I would- and there was some issues around connectivity. This is probably not going to be a big deal for launch and my guess is that it is going to be solved by the launch.

The press are alluding to the fact that said publisher has emailed them basically saying “Don’t even admit that there was a preview event”. 

Everyone is being secretive and both Microsoft and Sony are locking stuff down because neither one wants something bad to happen to their image out there in the open when EVERYONE around will have a phone with a camera on it (like the PS4 overheating and Red Lining).  Sony has always used "bullshots" for everything they do in the past and that's not going to be changing and it looks like Microsoft is in some image repair mode that even they are going to be touting the "this is all gameplay" gimmick they always had with the Xbox 360. 

Neither corporation is allowing someone to take one of these consoles and review it in an environment that isn't entirely setup and controlled by them.  That really exudes confidence...  Like I said before with Microsoft firing people or whatever when some kind posts a sweet video of the Dashboard on the internet, I don't get it.  Shouldn't they WANT to show off their hard work for those who are interested in seeing such a thing early on?  It's not like the masses are getting the excitement spoiled cause they're never going to see or seek out a video like that anyway.

At the Test Drive event I went to the first thing I did was go to the Dashboard and the girl working there (who I had made sure was distracted before I did it) noticed after a few seconds and took the controller from me and kept going on about how it's not finished and will look different at home.  It looked fine to me besides the game tile not having a picture of the game I was playing (just some weird letters and numbers since it's not the disc).  I think these corporations are overestimating how much stock people put into these videos.  It's not like people are canceling PS4 pre-orders just cause one or two overheat at an event.

Yes, but the overheating as already been proven to be "don;t be a moron and dont keep your system inside of a box.
I know, and many people who have issues at home have them because they put what is essentially supercomputer next to the DVD player in some closed up shelf and then wonder why it breaks.

My point is, it looks bad without any context and both corporations know that the other side's base will share and spread the video all over (as would their own). The internet and the fact that everyone has a camera and a voice scares these companies and makes them want to hide their toys until they're on sale. Yet, they will allow in-store kiosks it looks like? This is getting even more dramatic than it was before with whatever these journalists are upset about it. Whatever it is it's something wide-reaching and has nothing to do with resolutions or a game.

I know, and many people who have issues at home have them because they put what is essentially supercomputer next to the DVD player in some closed up shelf and then wonder why it breaks.

My point is, it looks bad without any context and both corporations know that the other side's base will share and spread the video all over (as would their own). The internet and the fact that everyone has a camera and a voice scares these companies and makes them want to hide their toys until they're on sale. Yet, they will allow in-store kiosks it looks like? This is getting even more dramatic than it was before with whatever these journalists are upset about it. Whatever it is it's something wide-reaching and has nothing to do with resolutions or a game.
Will we even get demos? Or *gasp* betas? Many ignorant gamers don't seem to understand the concept that they aren't finished and vow they won't get the final version of the game. I'm sure the game companies wouldn't want THAT happening.

Demos/betas for PS4/One unconfirmed.

Demos on 360/ps3 seem like they don't happen much anymore so I doudt we see a lot next gen unless it's first party at launch. Seems like game devs are scared to show games off before they get your money.

Demos on 360/ps3 seem like they don't happen much anymore so I doudt we see a lot next gen unless it's first party at launch. Seems like game devs are scared to show games off before they get your money.
If you remember, sony had said that you can download any game as a full download and get a timed trail and if you want to buy it, you can to unlock it and then you can just keep playing where you left off.

bread's done
Back