Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

actually, you just change the shipping address and recipient on the item and then it will get to them on release day.  I got in on the BF4 PS4 bundle, so I sold my regular PS4 preorder from Amazon.  Made enough to pay the different of the bundle and an extra game...  it isn't a bad process honestly!

actually, you just change the shipping address and recipient on the item and then it will get to them on release day. I got in on the BF4 PS4 bundle, so I sold my regular PS4 preorder from Amazon. Made enough to pay the different of the bundle and an extra game... it isn't a bad process honestly!
Did you sell yours on ebay? If so how did you handle the lack of a signature confirmation? If they dispute it and all you have is a delivery confirmation dont you automatically lose? It says something to that effect when you go to print a label through ebay and it almost forces you to pay for the signature confirmation. I have two preorders for day one editions. My friend was suposed to take one and one was for me but he lost his job and i was hoping i could sell the other one instead. I was just gonna go cheap and try craiglist

True. But I believe amazon ships out Ups which will require signature.
I can't remember the last time I got a package from amazon that requires my signature to be honest. Also some release date delivery items get shipped to me by Lasership and we all know how crap they are...

I can't remember the last time I got a package from amazon that requires my signature to be honest. Also some release date delivery items get shipped to me by Lasership and we all know how crap they are...
I'm in the same boat. I've never signed for any order from Amazon, big or large package.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EMm6hYafNM
that looks awsome seems like kinect more responsive unlike kinect 1 where you pretty much had to scream into the thing. Dashboard is sexy with all the room to pin aps unlike 360 you had to go into a menu to view pin apps which made it pointless.

I personally think they should've gone with my 'privacy cover' design, helps you keep your junk covered...oh well.

Untitled-1_zpsa3e4cc67.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good find, I was wondering what kind of mounts would be available for this, hope it's better than the 360 mount, I never could get that thing to fit right on my tv because it's so thin.
I have a cheapo one for 360 but it works well on my LCD is the living room..i actually havent tried it on my newer much thinner LED.

I love lasership as the package is usually there by the time i wake up.. They deliver really early on.

UPS on the other hand delivers at the end of the day and most of the time require signature for me.

You do realize that they aren't charging you to change shipping address but the difference it costs in tax between the two locations?

Not exactly. Basically in my scenario when I preordered, I had prime and ordered with 2 day shipping to my job. Now It costs me X.XX to change the shipping address to my home.

I have a cheapo one for 360 but it works well on my LCD is the living room..i actually havent tried it on my newer much thinner LED.

I love lasership as the package is usually there by the time i wake up.. They deliver really early on.

UPS on the other hand delivers at the end of the day and most of the time require signature for me.

Not exactly. Basically in my scenario when I preordered, I had prime and ordered with 2 day shipping to my job. Now It costs me X.XX to change the shipping address to my home.

That is insane... i hate signing for anything.. but something like a TV would be an exception.
You know you can multi-quote right?

actually, you just change the shipping address and recipient on the item and then it will get to them on release day. I got in on the BF4 PS4 bundle, so I sold my regular PS4 preorder from Amazon. Made enough to pay the different of the bundle and an extra game... it isn't a bad process honestly!
Good to know..might consider unloading a PS4 or something.. anything to help offset that 499 price tag.. (especially since im doing an instore pickup for xbone and getting hit with the tax)

Ebay will not cover any issues unless you have signature... however Amazon will help out if something happens, trust, has happened a couple of times with lost deliveries!

Can't say I have used it much.. I thought that CAG did it automatically with back to back posts but guess not. Sorry bout that
Hah no worries I was just thrown off when I saw four new posts all from the same person. Yeah you just click 'MultiQuote' on each of the posts you want to quote and on the bottom of your screen it says reply to all messages or something. You can do it across multiple pages as well.

I bought a $500 TV off Amazon this summer and as stated previously I didn't have to sign anything. Part of me wonders if it's because of the city I live in.
I bought a $1500 laptop and they left it at my door and then the following week I had a book and they left a note for me to pick it up.

I feel like it is completely random for me always because there is no consistency. I am even worried about BF4 in case it is packaged larger than normal and wont fit in my mailbox seeing as I wont be home Tuesday and Wednesday until 10:45pm

They lost my GTA V and refunded it no questions asked!  Amazon is good about it if something happens, I feel comfortable that if someone wanted to do that Amazon would cover for me....  So I am not to worried...

Just curious what your thoughts are on this Day One edition. Currently, Amazon has two listed. Day One and standard. The standard is expected to ship before 12/31/13.

That's just a month after launch. Do you think Microsoft will be producing standard editions by then? I kind of see them currently pumping out Day Ones for awhile.

It's like the first run games with the included DLC. Like, WWE 12 had the Rock with first runs. But, those first runs were available for awhile. Do you think the Day Ones will be out for awhile as well?

Just curious what your thoughts are on this Day One edition. Currently, Amazon has two listed. Day One and standard. The standard is expected to ship before 12/31/13.

That's just a month after launch. Do you think Microsoft will be producing standard editions by then? I kind of see them currently pumping out Day Ones for awhile.

It's like the first run games with the included DLC. Like, WWE 12 had the Rock with first runs. But, those first runs were available for awhile. Do you think the Day Ones will be out for awhile as well?
The Day One editions imo are done and already claimed by preorders unless you get lucky somewhere and get one in a Target or whatever without a preorder. My guess is that the reason why it says 12/31 is just a placeholder. If you preorder the console, they don't know when your exactly going to get it, its just going to depend on how deep in line you are and how fast Amazon receives them to send them out.

Thats not how it works with these systems. Day one editions are limited and for people who ordered Day one hence the name. All console released after that date are standard edition will not have the same controller and come with whatever bonuses come with a day one.

Best Buy did add some preorders two weeks ago for Day One editions, but perhaps it was based on what their fulfillment will be.

I also can't imagine every single Amazon preorder going through because Amazon doesn't require payment until it ships. With the people who have canceled their orders, as well as possible declined credit cards, I am sure some might still be available for a short time.

Best Buy did add some preorders two weeks ago for Day One editions, but perhaps it was based on what their fulfillment will be.

I also can't imagine every single Amazon preorder going through because Amazon doesn't require payment until it ships. With the people who have canceled their orders, as well as possible declined credit cards, I am sure some might still be available for a short time.
I got my Pre order in during that madness. Im glad they were reopened I was sitting on $450 in credit so I didnt end up paying much for it.

I got my Pre order in during that madness. Im glad they were reopened I was sitting on $450 in credit so I didnt end up paying much for it.
Nice! Good deal then.

I canceled two Day One preorders because I was unsure, but now I am 100% determined this is the console I want.. and now it's just a game waiting for Day One preorders to open up somewhere.

I just changed my shipping address on my Amazon order and now get "Delivery Estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

Hopefully all is well.
This happened to me as well. I moved to a new house since my pre-order on June 10th. Talking to Amazon CS they claim its a glitch and I will still get it, but on the 23rd not the 22nd. I'm gonna see if i can scare up a backup. I don't trust that my order will be fulfilled anymore.

Nice! Good deal then.

I canceled two Day One preorders because I was unsure, but now I am 100% determined this is the console I want.. and now it's just a game waiting for Day One preorders to open up somewhere.
i have a day one preorder that i was just about to cancel at amazon would you be interested ? or anyone ?

This is what you're getting for your extra $100.

720p, Jaggies, crushed blacks, and missing textures. (clouds and camo)

ib0gOrDzD8ScKG.gif

A little irritated with Amazon myself.  Applied a GC to my order today and noticed my billing address was set to a once off shipping destination. Upon changing it I am now into the shipping estimate junk.  Chat guy told me they normally cancel preorders on billing changes?  Either way, if their system weren't borked it wouldn't matter.  Keep my spot 'in line' and move on.

The trolls aren't even subtle anymore in this thread.  Just gonna sit back and watch them make fools of themselves from now on.  Don't feed the trolls.

I really think that whole CoD Ghosts at 720p is going to blow over. Do people honestly think the flagship console for Call of Duty is not going to be 1080p while the direct competitor is? Give me a break. 

Back on topic though, I got my two preorders one off amazon originally and the other more recently when Best Buy restocked. Just gotta make sure one goes through.. ;)

Could you rephrase that without the trolling intent?
So do you label someone as trolling when they post something you don't want to hear ever in it is fact? I'm just trying to inform people before they make a $500 mistake. Far too many people are in denial that Microsoft could drop the ball this bad, for instance:

I really think that whole CoD Ghosts at 720p is going to blow over. Do people honestly think the flagship console for Call of Duty is not going to be 1080p while the direct competitor is? Give me a break.

So do you label someone as trolling when they post something you don't want to hear ever in it is fact? I'm just trying to inform people before they make a $500 mistake. Far too many people are in denial that Microsoft could drop the ball this bad, for instance:
Right. You're trolling, and we don't need you.

You really think I am in denial? I am just stating my stance on the issue and what I believe will happen. From a business standpoint it doesn't make sense for them to release a game that is inferior to a competitor especially when they have always pushed CoD on their console. If it isn't 1080p then so be it. I am not going to be all sad because I will still buy it on the console because I have always played Call of Duty titles on the Xbox platform. Better servers, better party chat, better all around online experience when compared to PSN. Why would that change?

Don't even say "Xbox Fanboy" because I own a Ps3 and have a Ps4 preordered. Are you actually trying to inform others or are you just trying to get a rise out of people? I mean you already proved your point by quoting me and saying that I am in denial; you don't know anything. You know just as much as the next guy. Until Microsoft actually comes out and confirms all this recent stuff then you can't "inform" people of their "mistake."

To put it simply, what right do you have to tell people what they spend their money with? Seriously man grow up.

I'll chose how I spend my money, it's really none of your concern. People in the Xbox One Pre-order Thread do not want your comments or concern on a product we wan't to buy. Please leave us be so we can continue to discuss why we are excited for our chosen console and help others find Pre-orders who have likewise dispositions.

If something like extreme graphics and higher res was the soul reason I was buying a console, then I wouldn't be buying a console since my PC can already out do both and its not even near top of the line anymore.

Honestly, that picture looks better on XB1, in my opinion. I can deal with less clouds, but the camo on the gear looks crappy on PS4 (like I said, in my opinion).

On the other hand, what exactly was fact about your statement? I'm pretty sure I'm not paying 100 more for jagged lines, crushed blacks, and missing textures. I'm paying 100 more for Kinect 2.0 and what I perceive to be a better experience. Sorry, but PS3 just didn't do it for me this generation - they did have incredible exclusives, don't get wrong - why would PS4 do anything different for me?

Honestly, that picture looks better on XB1, in my opinion. I can deal with less clouds, but the camo on the gear looks crappy on PS4 (like I said, in my opinion).

On the other hand, what exactly was fact about your statement? I'm pretty sure I'm not paying 100 more for jagged lines, crushed blacks, and missing textures. I'm paying 100 more for Kinect 2.0 and what I perceive to be a better experience. Sorry, but PS3 just didn't do it for me this generation - they did have incredible exclusives, don't get wrong - why would PS4 do anything different for me?
^this so much.

Ps3 was great for the console exclusives but it was terrible when it came to online play for multiplatform games. There just seemed to be a delay in the online games I played.

Why is the UI slightly bigger on Xbox One and why are they in a different spot? That seems kinda weird to me, but yeah looking at all the comparisons there are pictures you can find that make both look better, all that matters is that both systems will get a good looking game and that it will be enjoyable to play no matter where you buy it.

The biggest and I do mean biggest thing holding me back with a $500 purchase is the RROD issue they had with the 360, I was lucky and only had it happen twice, from what I've read here others were not that lucky. My $600 PS3/door holder also went out after a few years but didn't have bother me as much as it did with the 360, I have them both pre-ordered and I'm still undecided. >_<

bread's done
Back