Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Well crap. After all this time with a preorder, I may end up having to cancel it. We've got a baby on the way and are pretty much ready to go, but I'm thinking I should bolster up the ol' emergency fund a little bit more. Especially considering I won't have much time to play once she arrives!

On the fence because I know if I don't grab it at launch, it'll be at least a year or so before I hop on.
Just do it! I thought I wouldn't have time to game, and while my gaming time has decreased, babies sleep a lot so you'll be able to game. It won't be interrupted gaming though cause you'll want to help Mom out with the baby as well, but you should be fine. The way I see it, buying the console now is better than waiting because once the baby becomes mobil you'll have to be on constant vigilance, and they might even reach your console and mess it up and what not. Anyway, that's how I rationalize it. I have a baby boy and I'm getting both consoles at launch. Hope it works out, and congrats on your baby.

Just do it! I thought I wouldn't have time to game, and while my gaming time has decreased, babies sleep a lot so you'll be able to game. It won't be interrupted gaming though cause you'll want to help Mom out with the baby as well, but you should be fine. The way I see it, buying the console now is better than waiting because once the baby becomes mobil you'll have to be on constant vigilance, and they might even reach your console and mess it up and what not. Anyway, that's how I rationalize it. I have a baby boy and I'm getting both consoles at launch. Hope it works out, and congrats on your baby.
1+ for you good sir!

I agree about this being the time to do it. When my daughter was born, almost 5 years ago, I was going to sell all my video games/systems and didn't. Most babies sleep anywhere from 18-20 hrs a day the first couple months. My wife and I had a system that worked fairly well for us in the beginning. She would goto bed early about 10-11pm and I'd stay up and play some games until about 3-4am. During the time I was awake, if my daughter would wake up, I would go feed/change/comfort her. Then after I'd goto bed, my wife would let me sleep until about 10-11am. The way it worked out, we both could get a decent 6-7 hrs of sleep each night. Now days its a lot different, if and when I do get to play it's normally a kids game(Phineus and Ferb, Spongebob, Disney Kinect). However I could get in a few gaming sessions while the kids are at school though.

Hope that helps you make a decision. However if time isn't your concern and wanting to make sure you have the extra money is. You may want to hold off to build up your funds. I wouldn't have been able to afford a new system myself. But I preordered from Amazon in June and everytime I got my pay, I took $20(sometimes $50) and put it on my order. Now i have a PS4 completely paid and it has been since October 2nd.

Tonight was my first midnight online order pick up at best buy. I was happy how fast it went two mins in and out. I hope they allow the people that has system preorder in at midnight and not make is sit in line.
Mine too. Very smooth process.

I got there at 11:45, and you could go in and pay for it and have your copy, but you just couldn't leave the store until 12 AM. I was in my car and back on the road at 12:03. Worked out awesome.

Course, Ghosts is still in the shrink wrap. I had to work at 8 AM

@Hydrox, to follow up on what Bleedingwickedly stated, I agree with him that if money is the concern and not time, you definitely should wait cause expenses do pile up.

The joys of being single. :D

Ha! I wish I could blame the wife, she has been on board with me getting ever since I place the preorder.

Our savings is fine, I just think it could be better ;) Thanks for all of the advice everyone. My gut says to just get it, but that could be me being irresponsible :D

Tonight was my first midnight online order pick up at best buy. I was happy how fast it went two mins in and out. I hope they allow the people that has system preorder in at midnight and not make is sit in line.
For COD? How was it at best buy? I couldnt make it in myselft but will pick up the game later today.

Trying to gauge how the madness will be on midnight for xbox one release

For COD? How was it at best buy? I couldnt make it in myselft but will pick up the game later today.

Trying to gauge how the madness will be on midnight for xbox one release
I showed up five mins after and was pretty fast was only behind two people. I will be honest in my area most people shop at GameStop. I heard my gamestop had over 200 people in line. I think for me x1 midnight will go smooth. I was told they will be giving away tons of swag also so can't wait:)

If anyone is getting rid of a pre order. I'd be interested. Although i keep looking for a xbox one preorder with Dead Rising 3 attached to it..

I showed up five mins after and was pretty fast was only behind two people. I will be honest in my area most people shop at GameStop. I heard my gamestop had over 200 people in line. I think for me x1 midnight will go smooth. I was told they will be giving away tons of swag also so can't wait:)
Nice.. still debating what time to show up...

um...wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__6lyUbBdWM
Bad ass.. Can't wait for it.. but I must be the only person that actually prefers Forza Horizon over the regular entries. I've put soo many hours in that game.

Seems like the console launches should go pretty quick. The goal is to have everyone rung up by midnight (at least for preorders) so we can distribute their product then. I'm only scheduled to be there until two so that seems pretty quick to me. I was anticipating 3-4 AM.

Are MS Store orders guaranteed release day delivery? Is it automatically applied or am I supposed to change shipping speed somewhere? Also, when checking my order history, along the left side under my information, my status says "Order in process" but then under "Items ordered" the status says "Backordered". I hope that means the system is currently backordered and not that my order is. Is anyone elses like that?
When I used the chat feature to talk to a rep on the MS store website in July, she told me all Day One edition preorders will be delivered by release day. It says back ordered because it isn't officially out yet, even before MS store sold out of Day One's, my order said that too. I just logged in again and on the left mine also says "Order In Process" and items ordered says "Back ordered" still for me too. Nothing to worry about. I think there may even be a chance for people to receive their package a day or so before launch.

The only thing that does worry me is that apparently Digital River is what runs Microsoft Store's website. They run the Capcom Store and promised release date delivery for Marvel vs Capcom 3, people (including myself) didn't get theirs until a week later. They did make up for it by sending a free strategy guide though. Keep in mind, this was in February 2011 (almost 3 years ago) so I would think the company is ran better now.

When I used the chat feature to talk to a rep on the MS store website in July, she told me all Day One edition preorders will be delivered by release day. It says back ordered because it isn't officially out yet, even before MS store sold out of Day One's, my order said that too. I just logged in again and on the left mine also says "Order In Process" and items ordered says "Back ordered" still for me too. Nothing to worry about. I think there may even be a chance for people to receive their package a day or so before launch.

The only thing that does worry me is that apparently Digital River is what runs Microsoft Store's website. They run the Capcom Store and promised release date delivery for Marvel vs Capcom 3, people (including myself) didn't get theirs until a week later. They did make up for it by sending a free strategy guide though. Keep in mind, this was in February 2011 (almost 3 years ago) so I would think the company is ran better now.
Awesome. Thanks. My mind's at ease now about the backordered status.

I remember reading that some of the people on here applied Amazon Gift Cards and it changed their shipping date stuff, I looked back a few pages and didn't see anything, has the shipping date went back to normal for you guys that had this happen? I'm debating between throwing it all towards my system or just buying games instead.

I remember reading that some of the people on here applied Amazon Gift Cards and it changed their shipping date stuff, I looked back a few pages and didn't see anything, has the shipping date went back to normal for you guys that had this happen? I'm debating between throwing it all towards my system or just buying games instead.
I applied my gift cards this morning to pay it off. It didn't change anything. If you click order details, there should be a button at the top to apply the credit. I went back in and everything looks the same.

Haven't had that problem. I've added gift cards to both my X1 and PS4 pre orders.

I applied my gift cards this morning to pay it off. It didn't change anything. If you click order details, there should be a button at the top to apply the credit. I went back in and everything looks the same.
Haven't had that problem. I've added gift cards to both my X1 and PS4 pre orders.
Alright cool, I remember hearing people having a problem with it and I have a bunch of gift cards saved up so figured I would ask to make sure before I applied them, thanks for that guys!

Well crap. After all this time with a preorder, I may end up having to cancel it. We've got a baby on the way and are pretty much ready to go, but I'm thinking I should bolster up the ol' emergency fund a little bit more. Especially considering I won't have much time to play once she arrives!

On the fence because I know if I don't grab it at launch, it'll be at least a year or so before I hop on.
We are totally in the same boat. I have been feeling guilty ever since we found out. Though mine is being paid for with store credit not cash so no way to add to the emergency fund but there are still plenty of things I could use the credit for on Amazon.

My hubby had a very valid point one evening, Hun you have spent the last 8 months gathering up enough credit to get the systems there is no reason for you not to still get them (I managed to gather enough credit to get both systems at launch) Besides if you dont get them before the baby comes you will find a million other reasons why the money should be used for something else instead. At least now you will have them and when you want to play a new game thats out all you have to do is come up with the $60 for the game not money for the system and the game.

He knows me so well and its so nice that he is supportive. Though I'm only getting one game each at launch and not going crazy getting 2-3 per system so I will still have some credit left over for baby stuff on amazon.

GL and congrats on your little one!

Alright cool, I remember hearing people having a problem with it and I have a bunch of gift cards saved up so figured I would ask to make sure before I applied them, thanks for that guys!
I've applied plenty of small individual credits and a lump credit without issue. Only time my shipping status changed was when I updated my billing address. It has since moved back to release day arrival.

um...wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__6lyUbBdWM
Nice and sleek car. Fuarrrking love it.

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

wow forza does look nice.  i dont know if amazon ever updates/re-opens day 1 pre-orders but I just cancelled mine for the xbone and ps4 so hopefully if they open it someone can snag it.

Went to a midnight launch of Ghosts at a Microsoft store, and they had a 360/One digital copy there too. Digital codes for 360 and One in a thinner than usual case. $70. I passed. Still would feel the need to flip a game when I'm done. Physical copies of both would've been a different story.

Went to a midnight launch of Ghosts at a Microsoft store, and they had a 360/One digital copy there too. Digital codes for 360 and One in a thinner than usual case. $70. I passed. Still would feel the need to flip a game when I'm done. Physical copies of both would've been a different story.
I'll be flipping mine in a couple weeks. Makes me sad though to quickly remove a game from my collection so quickly, but for $10, sure thing

I'll be flipping mine in a couple weeks. Makes me sad though to quickly remove a game from my collection so quickly, but for $10, sure thing
Nothing to flip in that copy was the "no sale" for me. They assured me that my progress from the 360 would migrate to the One copy, when that version went live. As I said before, $70 for a physical 360 copy(flippable for $40ish) and physical One copy to keep or flip, would've been acquired last night. $70 for a digital copy of each seemed to not be worth it at the moment to me.

Has anyone recieved their trade up 360 to xbox one coupon from gamestop for any of your games that are eligible to do so? I have yet to recieve mine.

[attachment=795:xboxone.jpg] Just one a Xbox One from the every2minute website!! It sucks it won't be available to me at launch, but I'm still getting my Day One Edition.

I literally couldn't wait one more day, but that'd be awesome to get it for free.  I had my third Xbox One-related dream last night.  Let's hope for another shortly.

So stopped into best buy last night.. They already had the PS4 kiosk up and running for everyone. 

The Xbox one was behind a glass case and not even connected to a TV.  :(

I saw an Xbox One set up at Walmart, but it wasn't plugged into a tv.  I wasn't expecting the Kinect to be as large as it is.  I am worried that the Kinect is too tall and will block the lower portion on my tv if the Kinect rests in front of it.

Does anybody know if the new Kinect swivels like the old one?  I imagine that it does but I could not find the answer anywhere.

I want Killer Instinct... that is the main reason I am getting this Day One, I want it more than any of the other titles!

First Wal-Mart and now this! Today does not seem to be my day for deals. I have been talking with Dell support though to haggle down an Alienware laptop so fingers crossed that actually works out well at least!

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back