Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

if anyone is thinking about getting rid of their Xbox One preorder contact me first.... Especially if you are in southern california. 

I would also be willing to trade a PS4 plus the 110 dollar difference after tax. 

:D 

anyone know when newegg is going to start take preorders for Xbox One? My amazon preorder is about $30 tax, and newegg is no tax for me

does walmart require you pay the system off before the release day?  I have $55 down on mine ATM in store and was wondering if im good to go?

Anyone who's going to cancel an amazon pre-order for a day one edition message me please. I'll gladly take it from you.

does walmart require you pay the system off before the release day? I have $55 down on mine ATM in store and was wondering if im good to go?
Walmart actually requires a balance since it's technically on layaway. Paying it off would close the layaway and you may not get the console.

Spoke to an Amazon rep. She strongly hinted at an Xbox One promotion of some sort. Take that as you will.
Thank you for asking. Some information is still better than a direct no. I just hope the Amazon offer is better than what they did with the controller promotion (Dualshock 4 deal for only needing to trade-in $30 worth of credit, while the $30 off of an Xbox One controller requires you to trade-in an entire Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii U - and have an Xbox One pre-order at Amazon).

Do you still have the message by any chance?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I'll be cancelling all my game pre-orders and re-doing them if that's the case.  I possibly was going to take one out anyway but I will keep them all now if they do any kind of sale.

Thank you for asking. Some information is still better than a direct no. I just hope the Amazon offer is better than what they did with the controller promotion (Dualshock 4 deal for only needing to trade-in $30 worth of credit, while the $30 off of an Xbox One controller requires you to trade-in an entire Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii U - and have an Xbox One pre-order at Amazon).

Do you still have the message by any chance?
I didn't cap it sorry. I actually realized it was left on in the background as the lady took a long time for each response. I felt bad then for keeping her waiting so long she left and promptly shut it down. The message basically looked like the standard "nothing at this time" fare but with some differences. For instance, though there is nothing now she explicitly mentioned to listen soon for an announcement. Again, nothing concrete and I don't want to get anyone's hopes up if nothing materializes, but to me that sounds like something is happening on some level.

My friends too are either can't afford it or just not getting anything or ps4. I am only 15 but you can add me I will be getting it on the 22nd. so excited.

Its hard to keep up on this thread (thats what she said?) but Hopefully you earned the money to buy the One and your parents arent just buying it for you....

I can confirm the buy 3 games and get a $25 cert is going to be for the Xbox one as well. I saw the sku list today.. only notable exception was COD that I saw. The other typical options were there.

Good time to preorder AC 4, NBA, and BF 4 to get the $10 preorder promo and the $25 cert for $55 back plus the 20% off.

I can confirm the buy 3 games and get a $25 cert is going to be for the Xbox one as well. I saw the sku list today.. only notable exception was COD that I saw. The other typical options were there.

Good time to preorder AC 4, NBA, and BF 4 to get the $10 preorder promo and the $25 cert for $55 back plus the 20% off.
Any clue when that might take effect? I got my AC4/2k14/Madden25 already pre-ordered from a month ago.

Plus I already an order adjusted for my 20%

whaaaaaaa?

Going to pre-order Ghosts, BF4, & Deadrising. 2-$10 certificates and a $25 with 20% discount is good.

Starts on Sunday (17th). All three items must be on the same transaction as well.
I pre-ordered them all online on the same transaction so hopefully me doing an instore pickup will count. Well looks I will be picking up everything on the 19th then. Thanks.

Is the $25 once? or per 3?

whaaaaaaa?

Going to pre-order Ghosts, BF4, & Deadrising. 2-$10 certificates and a $25 with 20% discount is good.
I posted notable exception for a reason :p. Didnt see Ghosts on the sku list for this promotion. I was bummed as that's one of the titles I preordered. Guess I'll need a fourth for a filler

However ghost does apply for the $10 promo

http://www.product-reviews.net/2013/11/10/cod-ghosts-xbox-one-offline-not-possible-without-live/

Good grief it seems the press is always overblowing anything negative about this system.

I don't think this will be an issue. It's probably because he can't install a patch for the game.
So you don't think its a big deal that if something happens to your connection or your account that you STILL can not play games offline? This is actually a pretty big deal if true.

Does he only have Ghosts? Would be interesting to see if its just this game or any game.

My guess is the day one patch never went live yet. It was rumored to be at 2.5 gigs (oh boy... UGH. Wii U update memories :()

or theres a small possibility that Activision is evil (which they are) and required internet to play the single player game (that would be incredibly stupid, but possible. Diablo 3 anyone?)

The first reason seems logical. My guess is MS doesn't have the "big day one patch" ready yet, and hence another reason why this guy hasn't had ban lifted yet, though ms said it would be lifted *BEFORE* launch. Whether that means days or hours? I don't know.

Everything seemed pretty positive till his banning of course.

Edit: As others on Neogaf have pointed out, the PS4 version has "OFFLINE PLAY" listed on the back of the PS4 version? Oh shit.

Side note. Noticed on the Best Buy website the release dates for some of the Xbox One games is 11/19, including Ghosts. Before tonight, they had 11/15 as the release date. Other titles release dates varied between the 19th and the 22nd

There has been news about the FIFA bonus with preorder. It appears that on the Xbox Mexico Twitter account, they showed the same bundle Europe was getting. This is going to get interesting.

no way day one patch is only 500 mb in size good chance his system still has the old drm rules in effect. 

What is this 25 doller deal on xbox one games im hearing? if you pre order 3 games at best buy you get 10 cert PLus 25 dollers off each game or how is this working? im getting my x1 from best buy.

Played the Xbox One at an on tour event this weekend. They had most release games plus some others running (Kinect Sports Rivals). Had a lot of fun even if it did smell very strongly of stereotypical gamer dude in the place. I'll be getting AC4, Forza 5, Ryse (for the husband) and probably Crimson Dragon At release.

Ryse seems to be picking up a bit of steam. I think I'll wait for the reviews, but the Giant Bomb X1 video the other day at least piqued my interest a bit

no way day one patch is only 500 mb in size good chance his system still has the old drm rules in effect.

What is this 25 doller deal on xbox one games im hearing? if you pre order 3 games at best buy you get 10 cert PLus 25 dollers off each game or how is this working? im getting my x1 from best buy.
Supposedly the xb1 will have the same deal ps4 has this week: buy 3 games and get a $25 certificate. If you get games that have the $10 certificate preorder bonus you'll add to your savings.

Any time someone comes in here and just posts a link to some shoddy website you always know it's going to be, for one, off-topic, and second, some hyped-up negativity that is ultimately false and/or a non-issue.

COD and Dead rising 3 for me. If we get lucky and get some kind of b2g1 deal then I'll grab battlefield as well. 

Any time someone comes in here and just posts a link to some shoddy website you always know it's going to be, for one, off-topic, and second, some hyped-up negativity that is ultimately false and/or a non-issue.
The article is sourcing from the guy on twitter who received the xbox one early from target.

https://twitter.com/Moonlightswami/status/399713683888041984

It doesn't seem like it is a game issue. I'm guessing if you get banned on xbox one, you have a brick. Since he can't even access the settings. Might be Microsoft's way of preventing people selling banned consoles as fully working consoles to unsuspecting buyers. You would instantly know it is a banned console without needing to connect to xbox live since you can't do anything on it.

I know what it's sourcing and have been watching it on Twitter.  The usual crowd is saying it's the DRM and that if you aren't always online you can't even play single player now.  You'd think the uniqueness of the situation would make them realize the absurdity of making assumptions based on one person's experience but...look at who we are dealing with.

I know what it's sourcing and have been watching it on Twitter. The usual crowd is saying it's the DRM and that if you aren't always online you can't even play single player now. You'd think the uniqueness of the situation would make them realize the absurdity of making assumptions based on one person's experience but...look at who we are dealing with.
While, we know nothing is confirmed yet, its also foolish to just brush it off as nothing.

So if you get banned from xbox live does that mean your $500 console is now 100% useless? Could this mean that they really didn't remove DRM fully?

Its a serious issue that hopefully is not true and just tied to this one console but seems bad if its true.

While, we know nothing is confirmed yet, its also foolish to just brush it off as nothing.

So if you get banned from xbox live does that mean your $500 console is now 100% useless? Could this mean that they really didn't remove DRM fully?

Its a serious issue that hopefully is not true and just tied to this one console but seems bad if its true.
That would be amazing if true.

As we remain off-topic, here is a direct quote from Albert Penello:

FYI it's 11pm on a Sunday, so people aren't exactly quick to respond to work email. I wanted to check in before I shut-down for the evening. This is what I believe is going on:

We still have two more weeks before launch - the console is in a pre-release state. We are doing regular updates - I personally took one a few minutes before he posted. His build is now old. This is why we were saying we didn't want people on early - it's not done yet. 

This behavior is only because we are in pre-release. When we launch, console will work exactly as you expect today on 360. 

For sure this has nothing to do with requiring a connection. There is no "DRM removal" in the Day One update because none of the consoles were ever built with that stuff in it.

This also has nothing to do with COD. The Day One update just brings the SW up to date with the latest versions vs. what's on the box. But there is no 24 check in, that's for sure.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=89376940&postcount=994

bread's done
Back