Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Put my hands on the PS4 controller since my friend got one and it is really nice.  I did not like the DS3 much, but it was OK.  Went to a couple of stores, but no X1 controllers out.  Has anybody felt of one and what did you think compared to the PS4 controller and the 360 controller?

So just to be clear, will all consoles shipped on launch day be 'Day One' or will there also be standard consoles with 'Day One' editions solely for preorders? And what's up with the 'Day One' game editions?

Held both controllers and believe it or not, the ps4 was much more comfortable to hold. The ones joysticks are tiny and the bumpers feel out of place. Hopefully its more comfortable when im actually gaming with it.

Anyone getting an Xbox One next Friday, go ahead and add me to your friends list. Gamertag: Ihavearemote  Ill have Battlefield 4, COD Ghost, Assassins Creed 4, and Ryse.

Anyone know if you're required to use the $10 reservation credit @ Target when getting the xbox one? Hoping I can just get my reserved console and not have to spend anymore money.
I picked up my PS4 at Target today. I just showed the card and told the employee I wanted to pick up the console I pre ordered. He went to the back to get it then rang me up, never asked for my pre order card. I had to hand it to him because for the PS4 it was $25 gift card for picking up the system.

Based on my experience, I assume you wouldn't need to use the reservation card for the X1. You can just show the card to have them go pull the X1 from the back and then sell it to you. That's what I'm planning on doing as I think I'll just pick up the system for now. Actually, I'm thinking if they don't pick up the card I might go try to return it at customer service see if I can get my $10 back.

As for the Sony trolls in here, go play your console. It's out so why are you in here. I have the PS4 and it's not bad. Killzone is unfortunately about what I expected it to be. 7 days and the real gaming system launches!!!
p4z.gif

zi1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Put my hands on the PS4 controller since my friend got one and it is really nice. I did not like the DS3 much, but it was OK. Went to a couple of stores, but no X1 controllers out. Has anybody felt of one and what did you think compared to the PS4 controller and the 360 controller?
I think it's the perfect step up from the 360 controller and I think that has been one of the best controllers since the Gamecube controller for comfort. Compared to the DS4, it's close the DS4 is much better than the DS3, the edge IMO goes the the XB1 just felt better. I played both about 15 min or so.

I pre-ordered a game on Amazon hoping they might send out promotional codes like they did for the ps4. It would be really unfair if they don't do a B2G1 for X1 games.

Held both controllers and believe it or not, the ps4 was much more comfortable to hold. The ones joysticks are tiny and the bumpers feel out of place. Hopefully its more comfortable when im actually gaming with it.
I agree about the bumpers but I like the new controller overall. I haven't held the ps4 pad yet but I'm not a big fan of the stick placement on those.

So anybody want to do a trade for you xbox fans that didn't get a chance at pre-ordering? I just want $100+PS4 for my XBONE. I'll do my best to ask UPS to switch address when it ships.
I could care less what console you prefer as long as I get to play what I want with my friend.

I don't even have a PS4, but yeah you really hurt me there. Xbox fanboys are definitely the worst.

I'd say just certain ones who cry victim but then quickly turn it around at the drop of a hat.

But it does apply to both sides.

I got an Xbox One controller today at Gamestop.  It is an upgrade over the Xbox 360 controller but not by much simply due to the fact that the Xbox 360 controller was very, very good.  I did not expect the analog sticks to be so small.  I imagine there is good reason for this though.  The triggers are nice and I cannot wait to feel the rumble feature used in the triggers.  I would call the new bumpers a downgrade but I have not used the controller yet so I am not sure if this early observation will hold true.  All the buttons feel nice and the controller just feels good in my hands.  

I have a PS4 and I like the new Dualshock 4 as well.  I imagine it will take months before you can declare one controller better than the other.  Gamers win because both are awesome.  :bouncy:

So anybody want to do a trade for you xbox fans that didn't get a chance at pre-ordering? I just want $100+PS4 for my XBONE. I'll do my best to ask UPS to switch address when it ships.
I could care less what console you prefer as long as I get to play what I want with my friend.
No one here wants that defective crap. Seriously.

Today the Xbox brand and Halo brand both turn 12 years old.

This is also my youngest cat's birthday too.  She's four today.  We just took this.

suwf.jpg

So I'm totally kicking myself for canceling both my PS4 and Xbox One preorders a few months back. After playing the the One at my buddy's house I just had to have it. I'll be showing up nice and early to try and get a number at Gamestop thursday.

Would you give it a fuck ing rest already? Seriously.
I'm just sick of people trying to pass off a console on people when it's widely known to have severe hardware problems, not to mention PSN being absolutely unreliable. You're not going to see any of those problems a week from now.

I'm just sick of people trying to pass off a console on people when it's widely known to have severe hardware problems, not to mention PSN being absolutely unreliable. You're not going to see any of those problems a week from now.
Care to make a bet on this?

I make predictions CONSTANTLY and am literally never wrong. I feel almost psychic most of the time. Xbox One is not going to have any issues.
If Xbox One consoles have any kinda issues, will you admit you are wrong and never post here again?

Im starting to think that you likely spend a lot of time alone because you are an asshole.

The Sony fanboys and trolls will be out for blood after this embarrassment of a PS4 launch though, so look for some comical displays of exaggeration.  They're going to have to really, really dig to find something though.

Neo shut up, you're going to look fucking stupid on Friday. This shit happens every launch ever. I like you but you are 100 percent being a troll.

Yeah, I know, right? What was it, like 0.04% defective consoles or something like that? OMG. THE SKY IS FALLING. If only every console launch could be as smooth and defect-free as the Xbox 360s. No, but seriously... I have a PS4. It works perfectly. And if it didn't, I'd exchange it. Yeah, I'd be pissed about it, but it's also not a huge deal. Same goes for X1 which I also can not wait to own!

O how quickly people forget RROD, and E74.

I've been through 4 different xbox 360 because of that crap.

How many times has live crashed? Halo caused severs to crash. Extreme lag. Stop acting like MS can do no wrong.

Please tell me you at least have stock in them.

The Sony fanboys and trolls will be out for blood after this embarrassment of a PS4 launch though, so look for some comical displays of exaggeration. They're going to have to really, really dig to find something though.
You do realize you are the one instigating everything right?

Uh so what about the RROD this last gen? That was definitely worse than the PS4 launch has been so far. Also you don't think the XBL servers are going to get hammered with traffic either next week? I do kind of agree Sony should have been better prepared but not every launch will be perfect.

Trust me dude I'm very Xbox Loyal (I own 4 NTSC consoles, 1 NTSC-J, and just got a PAL box) but the stuff spewing out in your posts is absolutely ridiculous.

Im actually hoping Dead Rising 3 gets good reviews. Thats really the only game that will make me go through with picking up my pre-order.

Maybe Ryse but on the fence with that.

Today the Xbox brand and Halo brand both turn 12 years old.

This is also my youngest cat's birthday too. She's four today. We just took this.
I came here to get excited about my xbox one pre order cause of how much fun I had with my PS4 launch and I find this -___- lol

Anyways that aside I'm tying all digital with the new consoles for PS4 they have a Playgo feature where you only have to download a portion of the game to start it up does anyone know if XB1 has something similar?

Im actually hoping Dead Rising 3 gets good reviews. Thats really the only game that will make me go through with picking up my pre-order.

Maybe Ryse but on the fence with that.

I want to make a lightsaber!

bread's done
Back