Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Really considering 2K14 after watching some videos of it. Holy moly, that is how a sports game should be made! I don't even like basketball, but I feel like I really need to see this first hand.
Same here. Not a basketball fan. But I picked it up for PS4 and have been enjoying it immensely. Took a while to figure out the controls (the manual is a bit confusing if you aren't used to the terminology/lingo of basketball), but once I did the game took on a whole new dimension. I bet it'll be every bit as good for the XBO.

I just wish Amazon or anyone else was doing a B2G1 promo for XBO. I have the XBO and Ryse on pre-order. Would love to snag Kinect Rivals and DR3 on the cheap.

Same here. Not a basketball fan. But I picked it up for PS4 and have been enjoying it immensely. Took a while to figure out the controls (the manual is a bit confusing if you aren't used to the terminology/lingo of basketball), but once I did the game took on a whole new dimension. I bet it'll be every bit as good for the XBO.

I just wish Amazon or anyone else was doing a B2G1 promo for XBO. I have the XBO and Ryse on pre-order. Would love to snag Kinect Rivals and DR3 on the cheap.
I mean, just the amount of content in a launch title is insane! No excuse from EA Sports now. They always cut everything out of their launch titles or keep them the same as the last gen version.

BRING BACK NHL 2K!

geez amazon rasied one day shipping price for prime people it's now 7.96 was 3.99 :( i guess i better order my games tonight to get them on thurs not paying that much for shipping.
Standard shipping (3-5 business days) is free (not the typical free shipping option) but yeah I would rather pay a few dollars more for release day delivery. Oh well, better to wait a couple of days then ever give money to Gamestop...

You guys think the market for Day One controllers will be better at launch, or in December?
I'm tempted to buy a second controller and leave my day one edition and day one achievement in the box. Hard telling if it will hold any value though.

No email from amazon for preorder BOGO like they did for PS4?
Considering they are advertising the PS4 digital store and 3DS on their menus, I'm going with no on any XB1 deals :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm tempted to buy a second controller and leave my day one edition and day one achievement in the box. Hard telling if it will hold any value though.

Considering they are advertising the PS4 digital store and 3DS on their menus, I'm going with no on any XB1 deals :D
Achievement's in the box? I thought it'd just unlock for the first user to 'claim' the console. How does that work, a digital code?

What exactly did you do to learn the controls ? I got it for ps4 and am about to trade in because I'm fucking TERRIBLE at it!

"The Day One console includes a commemorative controller, token code to unlock an exclusive Day One achievement, and premium packaging at no additional cost." ;)

So apparently Microsoft really went short on the Day One consoles. The Fry's near me didn't get any even for their preorders. I'd be pissed if they did that to me. Hopefully Amazon comes through as usual.

So apparently Microsoft really went short on the Day One consoles. The Fry's near me didn't get any even for their preorders. I'd be pissed if they did that to me. Hopefully Amazon comes through as usual.
Is the same situation for me at the best buy where I pre ordered. I just found out tonight that didn't get enough day one editions to go around...was told it'll be first come first serve even for pre orders. So even tho I pre ordered way back in June when they started, I'm not guaranteed a Day one edition. Kinda sucks, not a huge huge deal I suppose but I will be disappointed if I don't get one.

I think the achievement code will be worth something, especially if it doesn't have an expiration date and you can hold onto it for awhile. The controller isn't really that special in my opinion, but maybe people will want one to pretend they got a Day One Edition or to match their other controller if they did get a Day One console.

Would this be considered the first launch fuck up for Microsoft?!
I wouldn't consider actually making a special edition of the console actually feel special and limited as a fuck up. Some stores that were doing pre-orders early on never said anything about a Day One edition - I remember seeing that. Amazon was selling both standard and Day One along with GameStop but I'm not sure if stores besides the major ones ended up getting allotted any.

What exactly did you do to learn the controls ? I got it for ps4 and am about to trade in because I'm fucking TERRIBLE at it!
A bit of trial and error. When I first popped the game in, it only let me play a quick "skirmish" game. But once the whole game was installed and I could start the career mode, stuff started making more sense. It also helped to change the control scheme in preferences to "Casual" and the difficulty from Pro to Rookie. I dunno exactly what it did -- again, the manual is VERY sparse -- but I did a lot better. Not sure if I'll ever live down to 38 points Ellis scored on me in the Rookie game -- I only got 6. =/ But after changing the settings, I managed to score like 14 pts in the first career game the coach put me in for, and that was only 1 quarter. :)

Honestly, I see reviews for sports games and they sell me on the idea of playing them. But I wish they included tutorials for people unfamiliar with the sport. The problem you're having with NBA 2k14, I am having the same issue with FIFA 14. I want to enjoy that game so bad, but I know NOTHING about soccer, the positions, the rules, the lingo, or how to play the game.

I might have asked this before, but what game is going to take your Xbox One's v-card?  I think a couple weeks ago I said it would be Forza, and I am sticking with that now too.  I'll do some UI stuff before playing it, but that'll be the first thing I stick in the Xbox One.

You were right, I'd never really focused on it much. I don't know if I'll be giving mine up though... I've heard a lot of perks from people with 'Xbox Loyalty', they sent one of my good friends a commemorative console, even. I think that achievement could contribute to something cool something in the future.:p

I might have asked this before, but what game is going to take your Xbox One's v-card? I think a couple weeks ago I said it would be Forza, and I am sticking with that now too. I'll do some UI stuff before playing it, but that'll be the first thing I stick in the Xbox One.

DR3.

I might have asked this before, but what game is going to take your Xbox One's v-card? I think a couple weeks ago I said it would be Forza, and I am sticking with that now too. I'll do some UI stuff before playing it, but that'll be the first thing I stick in the Xbox One.
Dead Rising 3.

Is the same situation for me at the best buy where I pre ordered. I just found out tonight that didn't get enough day one editions to go around...was told it'll be first come first serve even for pre orders. So even tho I pre ordered way back in June when they started, I'm not guaranteed a Day one edition. Kinda sucks, not a huge huge deal I suppose but I will be disappointed if I don't get one.
I fully paid mine off when I preordered it. My receipt says Day One on it so I better get it. If not I'm getting my money back or else it would be a bait and switch since they sold me a product that wasn't what I paid for. I've seen it happen before in retail and I've seen lawsuits where companies had to pay out.

A bit of trial and error. When I first popped the game in, it only let me play a quick "skirmish" game. But once the whole game was installed and I could start the career mode, stuff started making more sense. It also helped to change the control scheme in preferences to "Casual" and the difficulty from Pro to Rookie. I dunno exactly what it did -- again, the manual is VERY sparse -- but I did a lot better. Not sure if I'll ever live down to 38 points Ellis scored on me in the Rookie game -- I only got 6. =/ But after changing the settings, I managed to score like 14 pts in the first career game the coach put me in for, and that was only 1 quarter. :)

Honestly, I see reviews for sports games and they sell me on the idea of playing them. But I wish they included tutorials for people unfamiliar with the sport. The problem you're having with NBA 2k14, I am having the same issue with FIFA 14. I want to enjoy that game so bad, but I know NOTHING about soccer, the positions, the rules, the lingo, or how to play the game.
Thanks for responding man. Yeah I've read the reviews for the past few years and wanted to try the new sports games because how good they scored. I really hope I get a feel for this game because it seems really good! I have also wanted to get into fifa for a few years as well , but every time I downloaded the demo I gust get lost :)

After watching this video, I'm pretty sure it'll be Ryse. It looks beautiful!

http://youtu.be/cEOHNbs-_Jk

I only use my PS3 as a bluray player since I beat God of War III and got frustrated with Uncharted III. I am just going to do the Best Buy trade in with my controllers and games and use that to get my extra controller and games.  I'm really getting excited now, probably more so when I trade stuff in tomorrow.  My son lives with me during the week and I will not be able to do the midnight launch so I hope they will be able to hold my day one edition until my lunch the next day.  With the reports you guys have had, I hope they don't get rid of it.

Holy Balls Ryse looks good in that video!!  I've been struggling with which games I wanted to pick up since 3 of the games I wanted (Ghosts, BF4 and AC4) were universally rated better on PS4 and I have two of them after getting it last Friday.  I haven't bought Ghosts yet as I wanted to wait and see if Microsoft had something up their sleeves leading up to launch (possibly upping the res to 1080 the way PS4 did with a patch).  Xbox and Xbox 360 were my favorite two systems of the last two generations and I WANT the One to be at least tied as my favorite this gen, but so far it hasn't looked promising based solely on launch line-ups.  I am looking forward to KI but Forza looks last-gen and the embargo on Ryse reviews has me worried.  Wouldn't it be great if it ends up getting at least a 9 average?  It would be my Day one pick-up for sure!

if you pre-ordered to get it Day One should you not get a Day One Console?
Day1 edition should be reserved for those who pre-ordered back around when the console got announced IMO.

Makes sense to me that not everyone would get it at launch, it is a special edition after all. Plus I like that it actually feels as if I'm getting something unique seeing as it turned out to be more rare than we originally thought they'd be

Day1 edition should be reserved for those who pre-ordered back around when the console got announced IMO.

Makes sense to me that not everyone would get it at launch, it is a special edition after all. Plus I like that it actually feels as if I'm getting something unique seeing as it turned out to be more rare than we originally thought they'd be
The problem is the people distributing the systems. I can see a place like bby and GameStop going fcfs and giving day ones to the first in line, no matter when you ordered. At least with amazon then tend to check their skus and product numbers.

The problem is the people distributing the systems. I can see a place like bby and GameStop going fcfs and giving day ones to the first in line, no matter when you ordered. At least with amazon then tend to check their skus and product numbers.
I agree, that is a problem then. Hopefully Day1 systems only get shipped to places that had pre-orders so this can be avoided though.

I do think it is dumb that every console being sold on launch day isn't a Day One, but Microsoft decided to not only make the Day One a launch day thing, but also a limited edition at the same time.  It's obvious they purposefully did this, since what comes extra inside the Day One package is just a slightly modified controller they could have easily made more of and a piece of paper with a code.  They knew what they were doing and purposefully created the scarcity, that's why I wouldn't call it a fuck up.

I'm worried about not getting mine, after having to change my CC info and having the date pushed back I'm not so confident. I've called twice and will have to wait till Wednesday and see if anything comes of it. lol... My last resort would be to email Jeff Bezos and see if anything comes out of that.

I'm mad I missed all the talk last night about Neo's sexcapades.

I love my girlfriend but sometimes I wish she would just go away and let me game.

best buy people are being told to hold systems for 8 days that is right from their corp office. i still have not decided if im going to midnight or not. if i would decided to pick it up friday and my day one was sold i will not be happy.
It's not that they are told, it's actually policy and states it in the email you get to pick it up, here's the verbiage from my PS4 preorder pickup email:

*Also important: We'll have your order waiting for you until Saturday, November 23, 2013. After that, we will cancel your order.

I have had mine pre-ordered on Newegg since June 11th. Nowhere does it say day one edition but here's hoping. My roommate and I are going to wait at Meijer for their midnight release. I hope if anything that they are day one edition!

I don't have a problem with Microsoft making day ones limited. There's nothing messed up about, the last thing they want is day ones available on the shelf during Christmas week. If it wasn't limited, no would really care besides xbox fans. They should reward people who preordered early for their commitment. Would of been awesome if they scripted xbox one since day one on the console or something like that.

This is alarming to me, I've had mine preordered at Best Buy since June 19th (the day of the 180) and it better be a Day 1 edition. If I decide to flip it, that could mean a huge difference in selling price. And if I decide to keep it I want the extras. :censored:

Ok. Ryse. 1st game I'm playing now for sure.

http://youtu.be/qNYkcePBsRw

They REALLY seem to enjoy it. You can also find the rest of Gamespot's livestream on their channel.

From the guy who got the early Xbox One from Target:

"@Moonlightswami 1h

I still cant believe that when I get clearance I will be the only one allowed to post X1 content early aside from press. CRAZY.  I hope that day is tomorrow.  Goodnight."

IGN is going to have a bunch of Xbox One hardware/UI/Dashboard stuff starting at 11pm central Tuesday night.  That's 12am Eastern and 9pm Pacific.

Not sure why it's so late.  The embargo is up on Tuesday, yet they're waiting till it's Wednesday on the East Coast to do it?

No, but that's what the other guy said.  If it didn't lift on Tuesday they wouldn't be able to do it at 9pm PST.  IGN and Microsoft are based on the West Coast so maybe they just want to do it at night so everyone can see it or something.  I don't know.  I'm happy about it, although it means I will have to do my third-to-last run earlier than usual.  I'm at 88 miles right now, and have the last three levels of Halo 4 left.  So epic how it all came together.

bread's done
Back