Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

My Walmart got 33 boxes in and there were 2 in ea. Opened one and it was a day one edition(had to make sure because people didn't seem sure Walmart would get them in store but just standards)

Our first shipment was enough to cover all preorders at my walmart(same for ps4)
PS4's, we had got about 30 something systems in

neither box that each one were shipped in had any protection at all :|

Side note; corporate after launch day(same for ps4) will have walmarts saying they are sold out and then sell again on thanksgiving day 6pm. There will be a lock placed in the system so no note can be sold till then... Soooooo yea, walmart is just trying to build up demand to have a big sales day.

Side note 2: odd that x1 will have 8 extra to sell to non preorders just like we did for ps4.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're getting 66 Xbox One consoles (to fulfill 58 pre-orders) and only got 30 PS4 consoles to fulfill 22 pre-orders?

Who all has been having Xbox One dreams?  I often will have 3-4 dreams about something I highly anticipate, like a new Halo.  I actually had a Halo 2 dream long before launch (like 18 months prior) and that it was taking place on a beach and then some of Halo 2's opening levels were on beaches and I had no idea back then that that was the case (no one did).

For the Xbox One I've been having the most dreams ever.  I had 2 or 3, and now it's been nightly the last few nights.  They're really vague though and usually consist of me doing motion movements with my hand or something.  I was playing Battlefield 4 in one a few days ago but, as usual with pre-release games, it was very vague and besides the aura of excitement and awe I don't remember anything.

I get very excited for something like a Halo launch but a console launch is so much more content.  I can't believe the week is finally here.  I have a huge exam in about 11 hours and that's my last big hurdle before launch.  

Question what's does ea mean?
error on my part. i edited the post

You're getting 66 Xbox One consoles (to fulfill 58 pre-orders) and only got 30 PS4 consoles to fulfill 22 pre-orders?
we might had got another shipment a few days before the launch but either way, we did have extras during launch and im believing we were told to say we only had 8 extra, just like i was told we'll be doing for the X1 for some reason.

Who all has been having Xbox One dreams? I often will have 3-4 dreams about something I highly anticipate, like a new Halo. I actually had a Halo 2 dream long before launch (like 18 months prior) and that it was taking place on a beach and then some of Halo 2's opening levels were on beaches and I had no idea back then that that was the case (no one did).

For the Xbox One I've been having the most dreams ever. I had 2 or 3, and now it's been nightly the last few nights. They're really vague though and usually consist of me doing motion movements with my hand or something. I was playing Battlefield 4 in one a few days ago but, as usual with pre-release games, it was very vague and besides the aura of excitement and awe I don't remember anything.

I get very excited for something like a Halo launch but a console launch is so much more content. I can't believe the week is finally here. I have a huge exam in about 11 hours and that's my last big hurdle before launch.
Please keep posting stuff like this.

we might had got another shipment a few days before the launch but either way, we do have extras and im believing we were told to say we only had 8 extra for some reason to build up more for thanksgiving/black friday sale

Who all has been having Xbox One dreams? I often will have 3-4 dreams about something I highly anticipate, like a new Halo. I actually had a Halo 2 dream long before launch (like 18 months prior) and that it was taking place on a beach and then some of Halo 2's opening levels were on beaches and I had no idea back then that that was the case (no one did).

For the Xbox One I've been having the most dreams ever. I had 2 or 3, and now it's been nightly the last few nights. They're really vague though and usually consist of me doing motion movements with my hand or something.
Do you wake up all sticky? Lol

While a lot of you get your Xbox One's on Thursday night I will be in kinda a "blackout" mode, since I don't want to read about everyone's first impressions right before I get mine.  I'm not even reading or watching any of the IGN stuff.  I just hear stuff from you guys or maybe one other board I occasionally look at.  I want to feel as pure as possible, although I didn't go as far as I did with the Xbox 360 (where I wouldn't even look at the console or controller in real life until I had the system for real.  That day was exactly eight years ago today by the way, since I was sent mine from Pepsi on the Saturday before official launch.

The night before that I went and saw SAW II in theatres for the fourth time, making it the movie I have seen most in theatres.  I ended up seeing it two more times (at the SAW III and SAW IV midnight showing marathons).  I used to go to the theatre a lot and I had seen a couple movies three times (Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions for example) but I rarely go now so I doubt SAW II's massive record will ever be topped.

So...for several weeks now I have had it planned that Thursday night/early Friday morning one of the main things I will do on that last night is watch Oblivion (the 2013 movie with Tom Cruise).  I had wanted to see it forever but missed it in theatres due to school and procrastination.  I finally saw it in early August just before my cat was diagnosed with cancer.  I would think about it a lot during those horrible days and would listen to the soundtrack a lot.  Not to get too emo, but on the day Oreo had abdominal surgery (I didn't know it was cancer at this time and had had the surgery done to look for any tumors and to have a biopsy done of his intestines) I picked him up completely distraught and on the way home was listening to that soundtrack with him in the backseat and I was pretty much hyperventilating at times I was crying so hard.  I figured he was going to be dead shortly at that point, with his stomach all bare and him still not really eating and stuff.  He recovered so quickly though and has been amazing so far.  The chemo makes him nauseas sometimes but otherwise I've never seen him happier.

Anyway, I have wanted to watch the movie so badly ever since, but kept putting it off.  Then a few weeks ago I decided to put it off until Xbox One Eve, since I can't go to a midnight launch.  I bought the Blu-ray (I had streamed it previously) this weekend from Amazon and they actually ended up boxing it with my Battlefield 4 game and they both arrive today, which is pretty cool to have that connection there.  I haven't even listened to the soundtrack in a couple months now just to give it a break and make the movie more special.  I already LOVED the movie, especially for the music (all of it was done by the electronic band M83) but it has forever been brought to a new level in my mind due to when I saw it, etc.  M83 actually ended up producing a song from my favorite band, The Killers just a few weeks ago and it's incredible and so is the video for it.

I like doing stuff like that...like a self-imposed delayed gratification thing to add on to something I have waited so long for.  I always get Domino's Pizza, my favorite pizza, for something like a Halo launch too and for like two months beforehand I will make sure not to get it (although I usually save it for special occasions anyway).  Last time I had it was GTA V midnight launch night so it's been over two months now and I'll be getting it Friday evening to celebrate.  Gonna make some Red Velvet frosting filled cupcakes too that weekend that I've been saving for months.  It's just an avalanche of things all at once and it makes it all so magical.  I literally have people I haven't talked to in YEARS getting in touch with me this week to basically comment on how excited I must be for the new Xbox, cause I've always been known as a huge Halo and Xbox guy to anyone who has known me over the past 10+ years.  I feel like I'm getting married or something with all the excitement and all the people from the past messaging me and being like, "I bet you can't wait" and other things along those lines.

The marriage thing is never going to happen so this will have to do.  This weekend is going to be a hell of a honeymoon and then it's three weeks of school and a nice long winter break.  By the time school starts I'll probably be pretty content with everything I've gotten done and be able to focus mostly on my last semester of college...until March 11th that is.

Neo said:
Who all has been having Xbox One dreams?
No - but last night I did dream about a sandwich I bought at Trader Joe's on Sunday to eat for lunch on Monday. It was one of those dreams where you don't remember the details but I went through some elaborate process of getting it ready for lunch (even though it was pre-made and all I had to do was take it out of the plastic). I also remember it being really good in my dream.

When I actually had the sandwich for lunch earlier today it didn't live up to the hype of my dream and I was somewhat disappointed.

True story.

Getting soft io! Back in the 2.0 days, his comments would be gone real quick

Im here for pre-order news, not info on some guys wet dreams and his lack of lady friends :fridge:

Guys, I think the kid might have Asperger's or something. Give him a break. There's nothing inappropriate in what he wrote and it doesn't sound made up.

Neo, why do you think marriage will never happen for you? I was married almost twenty years and used to think I would never be. Now, I don't think I ever will be again but who knows?

Guys, I think the kid might have Asperger's or something. Give him a break. There's nothing inappropriate in what he wrote and it doesn't sound made up.

Neo, why do you think marriage will never happen for you? I was married almost twenty years and used to think I would never be. Now, I don't think I ever will be again but who knows?
Take this to another area then. There are some out there that are legit trying to find a pre-order and every bump ruins their hopes.

Not trying to be a douchy douche but there are proper places for that convo

So for those who haven't preordered is the Microsoft store the best bet to grabbing one at launch. Also chances of a day one edition are slim now right?

I do think it is dumb that every console being sold on launch day isn't a Day One, but Microsoft decided to not only make the Day One a launch day thing, but also a limited edition at the same time. It's obvious they purposefully did this, since what comes extra inside the Day One package is just a slightly modified controller they could have easily made more of and a piece of paper with a code. They knew what they were doing and purposefully created the scarcity, that's why I wouldn't call it a fuck up.
They had no choice. You can't have Day One versions sitting on the shelf on Saturday. If that happens then the news will say Sony won look MS couldn't sell out.

The retailers better have their shit together. All preorders should get Day one consoles first then those in line.

Got a text from gamestop, my need for speed is ready for pickup today. Heading out in a bit. So excited for this, my PS4 has helped me get through the week, but to me this is the main event.

Got a text from gamestop, my need for speed is ready for pickup today. Heading out in a bit. So excited for this, my PS4 has helped me get through the week, but to me this is the main event.
Funny you mentioned that as I feel the same way. I've enjoyed Resogun and Killzone looks good, the PS4 doesn't have much right now.

DR3, Forza, KI, and Ryse are what I'm really looking forward to. The under card is about over, now the heavyweight main event is about to start.

Are there any reviews coming out today?

Funny you mentioned that as I feel the same way. I've enjoyed Resogun and Killzone looks good, the PS4 doesn't have much right now.

DR3, Forza, KI, and Ryse are what I'm really looking forward to. The under card is about over, now the heavyweight main event is about to start.

Are there any reviews coming out today?
System review goes up at midnight east coast, Forza tomorrow, Ryse Thursday. I believe I've seen NBA live get it's first review somewhere. 6.something not sure if it was PS4 or XB1.

Why would anyone want to sell the day one achievement later? Kind of defeats the purpose to not unlock the achievement on November 22.

I think the day one version is a great idea. It's just a nice touch and thank you, nothing more or less. I think day one would have been better with a headset and a full year of live, but i can understand how high of a value that would make it.

I think the main thing missing for the launch is truly Halo. Even if Halo is not the same as it use to be, Halo was the reason I got my first xbox. It was one of the strongest launch title for a system I had ever seen. With the amount of time MS has been working on the XBOX ONE, I think they honestly should have had Halo 5 developed for the XBOX One and ported the game to 360. I also think MS should have also Developed XBOX Live to work cross platform so you can play with both One and 360 players. I'm sure they could give you reasons as to how that was not the right direction or the issue that may arise. Still, I think it would have been a nice feature.

When it comes down to it, I have been kinda dragging my feet towards the upgrade. I did not get on board and excited till i broke down the launch titles. Sony really only has 1 strong exclusive title with that being Killzone. After that the ps4 offers a bunch or downloadable game titles and maybe good games but nothing seemed to blow me away. I thought MS might been trying to cover to much ground and forgetting the main reason there game division are what they are today. Dead rising 3 looks really fun, Ryse looks pretty polished and cool, and Forza 5 looks amazing. I see them a 3 very strong titles and I have faith that developers will be on board and support it just as much as the 360.

Sony fanboys can say the ps4 system out puts better graphics, that fine because are getting Titanfall.

Agree with you on Halo.  What would have been amazing is if they would re-release Halo Anniverary as 1080p and make a free download for Xbox Gold Members.  I'd love to see that happen.

While a lot of you get your Xbox One's on Thursday night I will be in kinda a "blackout" mode, since I don't want to read about everyone's first impressions right before I get mine. I'm not even reading or watching any of the IGN stuff. I just hear stuff from you guys or maybe one other board I occasionally look at. I want to feel as pure as possible, although I didn't go as far as I did with the Xbox 360 (where I wouldn't even look at the console or controller in real life until I had the system for real. That day was exactly eight years ago today by the way, since I was sent mine from Pepsi on the Saturday before official launch.

The night before that I went and saw SAW II in theatres for the fourth time, making it the movie I have seen most in theatres. I ended up seeing it two more times (at the SAW III and SAW IV midnight showing marathons). I used to go to the theatre a lot and I had seen a couple movies three times (Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions for example) but I rarely go now so I doubt SAW II's massive record will ever be topped.

So...for several weeks now I have had it planned that Thursday night/early Friday morning one of the main things I will do on that last night is watch Oblivion (the 2013 movie with Tom Cruise). I had wanted to see it forever but missed it in theatres due to school and procrastination. I finally saw it in early August just before my cat was diagnosed with cancer. I would think about it a lot during those horrible days and would listen to the soundtrack a lot. Not to get too emo, but on the day Oreo had abdominal surgery (I didn't know it was cancer at this time and had had the surgery done to look for any tumors and to have a biopsy done of his intestines) I picked him up completely distraught and on the way home was listening to that soundtrack with him in the backseat and I was pretty much hyperventilating at times I was crying so hard. I figured he was going to be dead shortly at that point, with his stomach all bare and him still not really eating and stuff. He recovered so quickly though and has been amazing so far. The chemo makes him nauseas sometimes but otherwise I've never seen him happier.

Anyway, I have wanted to watch the movie so badly ever since, but kept putting it off. Then a few weeks ago I decided to put it off until Xbox One Eve, since I can't go to a midnight launch. I bought the Blu-ray (I had streamed it previously) this weekend from Amazon and they actually ended up boxing it with my Battlefield 4 game and they both arrive today, which is pretty cool to have that connection there. I haven't even listened to the soundtrack in a couple months now just to give it a break and make the movie more special. I already LOVED the movie, especially for the music (all of it was done by the electronic band M83) but it has forever been brought to a new level in my mind due to when I saw it, etc. M83 actually ended up producing a song from my favorite band, The Killers just a few weeks ago and it's incredible and so is the video for it.

I like doing stuff like that...like a self-imposed delayed gratification thing to add on to something I have waited so long for. I always get Domino's Pizza, my favorite pizza, for something like a Halo launch too and for like two months beforehand I will make sure not to get it (although I usually save it for special occasions anyway). Last time I had it was GTA V midnight launch night so it's been over two months now and I'll be getting it Friday evening to celebrate. Gonna make some Red Velvet frosting filled cupcakes too that weekend that I've been saving for months. It's just an avalanche of things all at once and it makes it all so magical. I literally have people I haven't talked to in YEARS getting in touch with me this week to basically comment on how excited I must be for the new Xbox, cause I've always been known as a huge Halo and Xbox guy to anyone who has known me over the past 10+ years. I feel like I'm getting married or something with all the excitement and all the people from the past messaging me and being like, "I bet you can't wait" and other things along those lines.

The marriage thing is never going to happen so this will have to do. This weekend is going to be a hell of a honeymoon and then it's three weeks of school and a nice long winter break. By the time school starts I'll probably be pretty content with everything I've gotten done and be able to focus mostly on my last semester of college...until March 11th that is.
Reading this takes me back to my college/law school days and really makes me wish I could muster up the same level of enthusiasm for things as I could in my youth. Still, I'm probably as excited as a man my age can get for the launch of a gaming system. Can't wait!

So now that we have Neo's diary entry done for the night...on to things that are actually relevant.

Best Buy has updated LEGO Marvel Super Heroes to have a release date of 11/22; for whatever reason it had been set as 12/10 for about the last week.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lego-marvel-super-heroes-xbox-one/1967065.p?id=1219067176134&skuId=1967065&st=lego%20marvel%20super%20heroes&lp=13&cp=1

However, it doesn't seem to be one of the games eligible for the 3/$25 promotion:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/xbox-one-offer-114308

Don't think its dumb at all. The day one consoles should be limited and reserved for people that actually pre-ordered the system.

If it weren't limited then everyone would have one and hence it would have no value.

LOL at Nba Live Review..

I looked at the exclusives and thought the PS4 would be MY priority.  The only 3 games I want on XB1 launch is:  Forza, Zoo Tycoon, Ryse.  Then not another game until Titanfall.  

I'm tired of these launch droughts.  You'd think I would have learned... X360, PS3, DS Phat, 3DS, Vita, PSP... god, I should have learned.  But I can't help it.

That said, I'm enjoying my PS4, and if I can score one at BB Friday at midnight, I'll get that as well.

Time to stop the fanboy wars and enjoy these gaming systems for what they are.

So just to be clear, will all consoles shipped on launch day be 'Day One' or will there also be standard consoles with 'Day One' editions solely for preorders? And what's up with the 'Day One' game editions?
According to the Newegg rep I Tweeted with, all they have are all Standard Editions.

Testing the waters in here...Have an extra copy of NBA and BF4...

Anyone have a Madden, Ryse or NFS for trade?
I've got a NFS......for PS4. :D

I looked at the exclusives and thought the PS4 would be MY priority. The only 3 games I want on XB1 launch is: Forza, Zoo Tycoon, Ryse. Then not another game until Titanfall.

I'm tired of these launch droughts. You'd think I would have learned... X360, PS3, DS Phat, 3DS, Vita, PSP... god, I should have learned. But I can't help it.
I feel the same about these launches. I didn't learn with the 360, Wii, DS, 3DS, or Wii U launches. Only console I truly enjoyed at launch was the Gamecube; it had consistent games the months after launch (Pikmin, Smash Bros, Zelda). Granted, it ironically had almost no game support after 2004.

I don't know why, but I have this need to have the newest tech (unless it is a price to dang high for me). There are no other games I want for PS4 until inFamous and no other games for One (after the few launch games) until Titanfall.

The Day One preorders were clearly advertised as limited. Also, retailers had separate sku's for them, saying either "Day One Edition" or "Standard Editions." I don't understand why those that didn't pay attention think that they 'better get one.' Hell, I got a Day One from MS Store on 7/29. If you ordered from somewhere to avoid tax (Newegg) that is no one else's problem :D

So now that we have Neo's diary entry done for the night...on to things that are actually relevant.

Best Buy has updated LEGO Marvel Super Heroes to have a release date of 11/22; for whatever reason it had been set as 12/10 for about the last week.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lego-marvel-super-heroes-xbox-one/1967065.p?id=1219067176134&skuId=1967065&st=lego%20marvel%20super%20heroes&lp=13&cp=1

However, it doesn't seem to be one of the games eligible for the 3/$25 promotion:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/xbox-one-offer-114308
I think they sorta cancelled the delay....

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/13/lego-marvel-delayed-on-xbox-one

Don't think its dumb at all. The day one consoles should be limited and reserved for people that actually pre-ordered the system.

If it weren't limited then everyone would have one and hence it would have no value.

LOL at Nba Live Review..
Day One means you got it on Day One. Otherwise it would be called a Pre-Order edition.

Day One means you got it on Day One. Otherwise it would be called a Pre-Order edition.
While you speak truth.. I don't think the message was ever sent out like that. It was always pretty clear you needed to preorder it to guarantee a day one edition.

There will be a limited quantity available if you want to go wait for one in store.

bread's done
Back