Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

How did you get those estimates? Even when paying for the extra services with mychoice they don't do that, they give you a two hour window before or after your average time the driver is in the area. Next Day Air has a commit time depending what area your in, my area is before 10:30 AM some areas are noon and really rural areas are end of day. Even a NDA saver doesn't have one unless it's commercial doesn't have a time it needs to be delivered by.

that is what is says on the site. Which is also about the time all my ups packages arrive, considering the closest UPS office is 60 miles away.

IMG_1282_zps03a7733f.jpg

I think I am set for launch tomorrow night :) Hopefully my Amazon order for my best friend ships soon. It is kind of worrying me after seeing people in this thread say theirs are shipped or being prepared for shipment.

Debating if I want to wear the T-Shirt to work tomorrow... At the very least I will wear it to midnight launch :D
Are you the person that got those giveaways from gs?

Looks sweet!

How you get dat?
When I went to get Ghosts today, the manager at my gamestop was sorting through the stuff. I have really good rapport with the employees at my store and I asked if I could have 1 of each (they got a lot of all of that stuff) and he said sure and handed them to me with my game. I am guessing they are for employees and the leftovers are give-a-ways. :)

Just got the email from amazon that my Xbox One has been shipped. Its leaving from Arizona and im in California (San Diego). What do you think the odds are that it might be delivered by tomorrow?

IMG_1282_zps03a7733f.jpg

I think I am set for launch tomorrow night :) Hopefully my Amazon order for my best friend ships soon. It is kind of worrying me after seeing people in this thread say theirs are shipped or being prepared for shipment.

Debating if I want to wear the T-Shirt to work tomorrow... At the very least I will wear it to midnight launch :D
That manager could get in trouble for giving you those early as stupid as that sounds lol... Those boxes we got with all that stuff say DO NOT HAND OUT UNTIL DAY OF LAUNCH. In bold exactly like that on a bright green sticker in red.

And for people wondering that stuff is ment for employees but, most gamestops will be giving out the extras unless they have a greedy manager.

Last edited by a moderator:
That manager could get in trouble for giving you those early as stupid as that sounds lol... Those boxes we got with all that stuff say DO NOT HAND OUT UNTIL DAY OF LAUNCH. In bold exactly like that on a bright green sticker in red.

And for people wondering that stuff is ment for employees but, most gamestops will be giving out the extras unless they have a greedy manager.
Oh that's a bummer, not getting anything at GameStop this go so that means I'll have to see if those controller keychains go for a good amount on ebay or not and buy one if they are cheap enough haha. It would be awesome to have :p

Oh that's a bummer, not getting anything at GameStop this go so that means I'll have to see if those controller keychains go for a good amount on ebay or not and buy one if they are cheap enough haha. It would be awesome to have :p
If I can manage to get more then one tomorrow ( considering my boss probably wont care if I took 2 ). Ill do you a favor and send you one :)

I'll see if I can get an extra for you man. :D

Just got the email from amazon that my Xbox One has been shipped. Its leaving from Arizona and im in California (San Diego). What do you think the odds are that it might be delivered by tomorrow?
None, a few years ago I would have said yes but shipments from Phoenix take 2 days when going through UPS Ground.

Finally got the preparing for shipment update from Amazon.  Despite changing cards last minute.  Very thankful.  Now I can sleep easy knowing my buddies console is coming for sure and that he and I can co-op some Dead Rising 3 on Friday :D

If I can manage to get more then one tomorrow ( considering my boss probably wont care if I took 2 ). Ill do you a favor and send you one :)
I'll see if I can get an extra for you man. :D
Oh wow, thanks to both of you, if either of you do end up with an extra that would be amazing! I have this one right now http://www.ebay.com/itm/Midnight-Release-Exclusive-Gears-of-War-3-XBOX-Controller-Keychain-Red-Black-/321255148689?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4acc4c8c91 and I love how it looks!

I'll definitely have to add some of you guys on LIVE when I get my X1, since my 360 list is full but I'll get that extra 900 spots! You guys are awesome!

so I preordered an xbox one from target and their shipping email says it's the standard edition, not the day one edition.. wtf? will i be getting the standard edition or is that just an email mistake? I thought all preorders were the day one edition.

well, i'm about 6 hours north of Phoenix, where mine shipped from, and UPS states delivery is set for tomorrow, unless something happens and amazon forces a hold on the package, i plan to play my system tomorrow night!

Also, why in the world is my box listed 16 pounds for the system only?

Man wish i kept my pre order from Amazon from several months ago. Ended up reordering it from Gamestop when they opened the bundled pre-orders on Halloween. Still no notification of shipment so they best be planning on shipping this thing quick as I did pay for one-day shipping. However if they do ship it I should get it quite early Friday morning. Tend to be the first area in the UPS routes. Most of my Amazon packages come at about 9am when they are predicted to be between 9-12.

Ugh, Dead Rising 3 shipped seperately, I wanted to do the pickup at a UPS center for $5 but now that it's 2 packages it would cost $10 :/, I'll otherwise have to wait, get the system by itself, or go farther away to do the free pickup from a UPS warehouse.

Also, why in the world is my box listed 16 pounds for the system only?
Mine is 15.8 and my buddies is 16.2, sounds like it's a heavy system :p

Who the hell piles consoles on top of each other like that? Also...ffs microsoft why is the Xbox One power brick bigger than the Wii that this man has it sitting on?
Who the hell uploads videos to photobucket? Or even uses photo bucket at all anymore?

So many questions...

http://pages.engage.xbox.com/XboxOneThankYou/

I am so ready. Today is going to be the longest day at work...

Hmmm I'd hate to see my manager get in trouble or have people bitch about it... Maybe I will not wear the shirt. He's a damn cool manager and always hooks me up with stuff unlike his dickbag predecessor. The old manager was a dickhead!

Oh wow, thanks to both of you, if either of you do end up with an extra that would be amazing! I have this one right now http://www.ebay.com/itm/Midnight-Release-Exclusive-Gears-of-War-3-XBOX-Controller-Keychain-Red-Black-/321255148689?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4acc4c8c91 and I love how it looks!

I'll definitely have to add some of you guys on LIVE when I get my X1, since my 360 list is full but I'll get that extra 900 spots! You guys are awesome!
I'm in the same boat man. I've had my friends list full for 4+ years -_- You know you can send requests via the Smart Glass App right?

EDIT: I meant toward the 1000 cap. I sent a few to people I haven't been able to add. And speaking of which... I wonder how flooded Stallion is with requests...

I'm in the same boat man. I've had my friends list full for 4+ years -_- You know you can send requests via the Smart Glass App right?
I actually was unaware of that, I messed around in the Xbox One Smartglass and looked at game clips, achievements, challenges, and even friend feed and stuff; but I was thinking that it already had the cap increase on there, that's awesome!

Your for sure not the WORST troll there is but you definitely have a anti m$ tone to you ;)
I'm getting a bone and I'm anti M$. Just because I'm getting their product doesn't mean I have to like the company or the aholes working there. I still think what they tried to pull with making games a service, their greed with things like DLC, buying exclusives rather than creating them, paywalling everything, banning consoles, all of these things are unforgivable. I still view Phil Spencer, Larry Hryb, Aaron Greenberg, Albert Penello, Phil Harrison, Yusuf Mehdi, and Marc Whitten as the biggest stable of douche bags ever assembled, a bunch of filthy used car salesmen who are just abusing our hobby for a buck.

I plan to do what they tried to take away and rent any game I'm interested in and only buy XBLA titles or whatever they are calling them now on the cheap or wait for games with gold. Speaking of gold I'm going to continue to milk the free month/$2 month gold as long as it exists and then I'll only buy a gold sub at the $35 it usually goes for. At least until they reorganize or get sold off to another company or go independent. Basically I'm not going to be the cash cow they hope I'm going to be, that's my 2 pennies.

Hmmm I'd hate to see my manager get in trouble or have people bitch about it... Maybe I will not wear the shirt. He's a damn cool manager and always hooks me up with stuff unlike his dickbag predecessor. The old manager was a dickhead!
I know it seems super stupid. I asked my boss the day I seen them which was on Tuesday and he told me I had to wait until Thursday night which I had no problem with.

IMG_1282_zps03a7733f.jpg

Oh my God.

I need that keychain. I hope some people are selling them. I've had this on my keychain for almost eight years non-stop now.

kbpg.jpg

Are Killer Instinct & Sports Fitness supposed to show up free? They don't show any other add-ons or anything.
Killer Instinct is a free download so they'll have the characters/packs as seperate dlcs you can get in game or through the dashboard (you can already see the dlcs on Smartglass), Xbox Fitness is also a free download that everyone will get free for a year with the system.

11pm PST and my Amazon XBOne pre-order (June 10th) still hasnt shipped yet, also my pre-order for Dead Rising 3 (June 12th) Day One Edition also has not shipped. So nothing has gone into preparing for shipping stage yet, they better use FedEx.

11pm PST and my Amazon XBOne pre-order (June 10th) still hasnt shipped yet, also my pre-order for Dead Rising 3 (June 12th) Day One Edition also has not shipped. So nothing has gone into preparing for shipping stage yet, they better use FedEx.
My Xbox ordered the same day is showing not shipped also. I did get the email someone posted earlier saying I would get the system on Friday.

I ordered June 12 and I'm in the same position for the console. Cancelled all my game orders to get them at Best Buy. I hope they do use FedEx. They dropped a package off before noon last week while UPS delivered my PS4 around 1:30 PM. UPS also delivered a package today at 7:30 PM. It was a second attempt though so I don't know if that drops you on the delivery list.

I checked my American Express card that I'm using for Amazon again just now.  I last checked it 10 hours ago at 3pm central time and saw no pending charges.

My balance is still the same (not sure if it's including the Xbox One or not) but under pending charges I now see the charge for the Xbox One, Dead Rising 3, and Forza 5.  Both games show as "Pre-ordered" and the system is sitting at Shipping Now still.  The Play and Charge Kit is sitting at Not Yet Shipped and hasn't been charged.  Stuff is all over the place so I'm going to assume the two games ship together in one box, system in another, and the Play and Charge in a third separate box, hopefully on Friday.  I'd love to see a live webcam inside those warehouses right now.

So for anyone looking for one. My gamestop has 14 extra and you only have to wait in line until 6pm.

My gamestop buddy hooked me up with a keychain and tshirt!

I know it's a long shot but if any of you could snag me a keychain that'd be amaze balls. I would love you long time..

no homo.
I already bough one off eBay for $9.99 shipped. I'm going to be in severe debt forever anyway and I don't have much else to be happy about so I have no problem paying that for such a badass keychain.

http://youtu.be/Oc-W9xECwmU

Not a big fan of the interviews excerpts with people (seems fake and probably is) but its badass commercial nonetheless.  I love when videos like this show a fly-over a downtown skyline and stuff.  

Buying a couple 3ft black ethernet cords right now.  I have a white one going into my Xbox 360 and I want to replace that with black and I want a black one for the Xbox One too.  I doubt it comes with one, but I don't like the idea of playing on Xbox Live wirelessly go for some reason.  I just like it wired and my router and modem are right there below it.

I'm getting a bone and I'm anti M$. Just because I'm getting their product doesn't mean I have to like the company or the aholes working there. I still think what they tried to pull with making games a service, their greed with things like DLC, buying exclusives rather than creating them, paywalling everything, banning consoles, all of these things are unforgivable. I still view Phil Spencer, Larry Hryb, Aaron Greenberg, Albert Penello, Phil Harrison, Yusuf Mehdi, and Marc Whitten as the biggest stable of douche bags ever assembled, a bunch of filthy used car salesmen who are just abusing our hobby for a buck.

I plan to do what they tried to take away and rent any game I'm interested in and only buy XBLA titles or whatever they are calling them now on the cheap or wait for games with gold. Speaking of gold I'm going to continue to milk the free month/$2 month gold as long as it exists and then I'll only buy a gold sub at the $35 it usually goes for. At least until they reorganize or get sold off to another company or go independent. Basically I'm not going to be the cash cow they hope I'm going to be, that's my 2 pennies.
As far as you're feelings towards m$, that's how I feel about most all corporation's. As far as live goes I have never paid more than 30 for a year and never will ;)

Greed lol!! So Ms is greedy because they want to make a buck? Maybe they should just give all the xbox ones away for free. So by offering extra content is being greedy, why do you buy games at all now? Every company does this now, are some holding back content? Yes, but they can do what they want, you don't have to buy anything. oh I'm going to buy the games on sale, going to teach them a lesson lol. So what is the purpose of having different consoles if they all have the same games? They want to have the upper hand over Sony, so why not do it. They have plenty of cash and will easily make that investment back.

So silver members should get the same benefits as me? What incentive do I have to buy gold if all the little extras are available to silver members? Sony makes you pay for online MP, but is that ok to you? It was free and now they charge for it just like MS. I know you mean Netflix and all the other apps just trying to make an example. I have a feeling the bans issue is related to the recent set of bans. Those people broke the tos and MS did the right thing. I read the ban thread on CAG and the countless posts about getting games for free or very cheap in other regions where they did not live and the abuse of the live subscription renewal. Most of them knew that it was a grey area and they act all mad when the hammer came down.

I just don't understand why you would buy a console form a company you despise. Mind boggling.

Actually, after a bunch of reading I ended up getting four of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Unlimited-Shielded-600Mhz-Patch/dp/B0028B9S3Y/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

They were the last four that were eligible for Prime.  I got one for modem to router, and then one for Blu-ray player, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.  My router is amazing and I have the faster Comcast service since this summer, so I think it'd be good to upgrade cables too.  These look like they're high-end and compatible with this sort of stuff (not a big expert on ethernet types) and they should be here Friday too (edit: nope, Tuesday.:() so I'm happy.  I got white, yellow, and two grey ones right now, all Cat5 probably.

I'm so excited guys! 24 hours away. BTW just for ease of mind, my PS4 didn't ship until Thursday night and I got it Friday no problems. Think they just stagger it depending on your distance from the shipping hub.

I thought the one could read blu ray discs now? Why are you keeping the blu ray player around?
Might be for less ware on the disc drive, I know I never really used DVDs in my 360 and stuck to normal players for them, although I do use my PS3 for blu-rays since I never got a standalone player.

Greed lol!! So Ms is greedy because they want to make a buck? Maybe they should just give all the xbox ones away for free. So by offering extra content is being greedy, why do you buy games at all now? Every company does this now, are some holding back content? Yes, but they can do what they want, you don't have to buy anything. oh I'm going to buy the games on sale, going to teach them a lesson lol. So what is the purpose of having different consoles if they all have the same games? They want to have the upper hand over Sony, so why not do it. They have plenty of cash and will easily make that investment back.

So silver members should get the same benefits as me? What incentive do I have to buy gold if all the little extras are available to silver members? Sony makes you pay for online MP, but is that ok to you? It was free and now they charge for it just like MS. I know you mean Netflix and all the other apps just trying to make an example. I have a feeling the bans issue is related to the recent set of bans. Those people broke the tos and MS did the right thing. I read the ban thread on CAG and the countless posts about getting games for free or very cheap in other regions where they did not live and the abuse of the live subscription renewal. Most of them knew that it was a grey area and they act all mad when the hammer came down.

I just don't understand why you would buy a console form a company you despise. Mind boggling.
Nothing wrong with trying to make a buck. It's when you look for every possible angle to milk your customers of dollars that becomes the problem. Just look at the games on Xbox One, micro transactions in Ryse, Loco Cycle, Forza, and Crimson Dragoon. They are bringing the despicable things about mobile gaming to the mainstream. Do you defend EA for these practices like you are Microsoft?

And you're defending buying exclusivity from 3rd parties? That money should be funding 1st and 2nd party developers, not giving a 3rd party money they would have made off of another consoles userbase so those customers no longer can purchase it. I wonder how much you'd be defending this practice if Sony purchased Destiny exclusivity or some other game you enjoy.

Defending Microsoft paywalling everything to give you the illusion you're getting something for your gold membership is laughable. Why didn't Microsoft do what Sony did and create value rather than creating perceived value? And I can't defend Sony on charging for multiplayer, I feel their + service offered enough value and entices enough customers to subscribe to not have to stoop to Microsofts level, but apparently they felt otherwise.

I'm buying the console because I don't want my disdain for Microsoft to get in the way of me enjoying some of the experiences that can only be had on the bone.

bread's done
Back