Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Went ahead and did a will call on my delivery.  I'm far too impatient to wait until UPS, who usually delivers no earlier than 7pm to me this time of year, to come. By that time launch day is over.  Screw that.   I'd rather head down there in the morning and pick it up.

My Amazon order changed to Preparing for Shipment so at least there is progress being made. Anyway, I will probably wait on Ryse after seeing that it's only 5-6 hours long. My buddy says he's still getting it so I'll at least get to try it out over his place tonight since he's getting his One at a midnight launch. Planning on buying Forza, DR3, BF4, Killer Instinct and maybe Crimson Dragon. With all those and my PS4 games, I should be set for a while. Tempted to get Mario 3D World and Link Between Worlds this weekend as well but I need to have some restraint since I'll probably be playing DR3 during all my free time for a while. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
My Xbox1 and Super Mario 3D World have shipped from Amazon.

I checked a few times yesterday and just woke up to the email of it shipping.

My UPS Customer Center's will call hours are 4pm-6pm central time...which is pretty much the time frame for when it would arrive on the truck. *Sigh*

Make sure you check you center's will call hours if you go that route.

Well with Ryse getting such mixed reviews I'm definitely going to pick it up and check it out for myself. Man can't believe tomorrow is the day!!

My UPS Customer Center's will call hours are 4pm-6pm central time...which is pretty much the time frame for when it would arrive on the truck. *Sigh*

Make sure you check you center's will call hours if you go that route.
That sucks, only one in Dallas is like that. The one I'm going to opens at 8.

atleast my best buy order shows ready for pickup! excited!
I got the dreaded email saying there was an issue with billing. So I called in and the lady stated there is an issue with billing and its on their end. Im not sure how true this is. I just hope i can get it fixed soon.

I'm leaning Battlefield 4 but it drops price so quickly, I wonder what affect console launch historically has on game sales and price drops.  If you're game 1 of 20, it's tempting to not drop price until libraries grow.

I also think Ryse looks awesome.  Not varied or complex combat is right up my alley, I like more to beat people and experience the theatrics and large scale production than doing combos.  The only thing I worry about is length and replayability.

I'm leaning Battlefield 4 but it drops price so quickly, I wonder what affect console launch historically has on game sales and price drops. If you're game 1 of 20, it's tempting to not drop price until libraries grow.

I also think Ryse looks awesome. Not varied or complex combat is right up my alley, I like more to beat people and experience the theatrics and large scale production than doing combos. The only thing I worry about is length and replayability.
5-6 hours long campaign and lacking, respectively.

Basically the reviews make it sound like a glorified Tech Demo. And they're are all over the place ranging from 4 to 9. I think this is one of those 'To each his Own' games.

I've been hoarding credit on XBL for years.  It's time to spend.  Plus I got another $160 dollars from that ridiculous 7-eleven/Doritios Slurpee promotion a couple weeks back.  That was crazy. May even try a couple genres that I typically avoid.

Got one order as preparing for shipment and one as shipping now.  Been getting things super quick from Amazon so hopefully no late delivery for me.

Can anyone tell me how to request UPS to leave my system shipment at their facility instead of waiting for it to be delivered to me?

I know where it's at and I've picked stuff from there before AFTER they tried shipping to my house but I want to avoid a UPS mishap where they don't show up til 5-6 or not at all. I would rather just go grab the system at 8 or 9 am from them.

https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/bussol/browse/personal/delivery_options/my_choice.html

Can anyone tell me how to request UPS to leave my system shipment at their facility instead of waiting for it to be delivered to me?

I know where it's at and I've picked stuff from there before AFTER they tried shipping to my house but I want to avoid a UPS mishap where they don't show up til 5-6 or not at all. I would rather just go grab the system at 8 or 9 am from them.
You want to select hold for will call after you create an account.

7nu3.png

Amazon sure decided to cut it close.  Should they really just be depending on the early delivery?  Kinda ridiculous imo.

I had a dream where I dreamt Neo was dreaming about buying a Xbox One and Major Nelson gave it to him.
I'd literally cry.

I am scared to do will call. I don't want to further jack up this delivery with whatever they got going on. Literally shipping it UPS Ground when I paid for one-day delivery.

So despite all of the negativity with Ryse I still want to experience it. I love me some good solid action and among the bevy of other launch titles I am going to have to play with limited time, I can accept that it is purely a visual feast.

That being said the combat looks promising, just the difficulty seems to be the problem. I haven't found the information anywhere and I feel like if it were present I would have, but does Ryse have difficulty modes so perhaps we can ramp up the difficulty and make it much more skill based?

Oh, cool...Thanks for that.

I assume these are going to ship out of Allentown for us...so tomorrow isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility, even though it still says Monday. Feeling better now!
Mine switched to Shipping Now, so here's hoping for tomorrow!

"For an additional cost of $5, packages can be delivered to the UPS store, on a different day, or to a different address."

Damn so unless I become a UPS My Choice member for $5 looks like I can't pick it up at a UPS store? Every time I try to change to will call though the UPS site takes me right back to the same tracking screen asking me to sign in (I am signed in), I'm not even getting the option for Will Call. I cannot escape this one damn screen showing the tracking info, this is getting frustrating...

So despite all of the negativity with Ryse I still want to experience it. I love me some good solid action and among the bevy of other launch titles I am going to have to play with limited time, I can accept that it is purely a visual feast.

That being said the combat looks promising, just the difficulty seems to be the problem. I haven't found the information anywhere and I feel like if it were present I would have, but does Ryse have difficulty modes so perhaps we can ramp up the difficulty and make it much more skill based?
I'm going to wait a week or two and hopefully find it used at GS. Minus the BD coupon, it should be a more manageable price...

Sony fanboys have taken over the Xbox One game portion of Gamefly. Their mass down-voting everything down to 1.0 scores. I just found this myself.

Literally nothing better to do.

http://www.gamefly.com/rent-games/Browse/?pf=1215&cat=SeeAll&page=1&pageSize=48
Shouldn't they be enjoying all of their stellar launch titl... oh wait..

: P

All joking aside I am getting super stoked for tonight. My one buddy has not gotten sleep in 3 days working on our movie and his game and then my other friends are out of town at the moment. My girlfriend is working tonight too so I have to go alone. Hah not as if that is terrible, but going to midnight launches are always that much more enjoyable with friends.

No email here yet...
I didn't see the email at first as it was sandwiched between some spam and morning promotional emails.

So if the system shows up at a local distribution center tonight will they let me pick it up or do I have to wait until tomorrow? When I track the package and hit "change delivery" it just tells me to become a UPS MyChoice member, even though I just created an account and signed into it. How do I know a package is tied to my account?

I still haven't gotten my Next-Gen upgrade coupons at GS for BF4 and Ghosts... they better let me do it with my receipt then or I will be pissed. 

I still haven't gotten my Next-Gen upgrade coupons at GS for BF4 and Ghosts... they better let me do it with my receipt then or I will be pissed.
I got my BF4 one the same week it came out. That one was in my PUR. However my Ghosts one was not showing up and that one was emailed to me.

I didn't see the email at first as it was sandwiched between some spam and morning promotional emails.

So if the system shows up at a local distribution center tonight will they let me pick it up or do I have to wait until tomorrow? When I track the package and hit "change delivery" it just tells me to become a UPS MyChoice member, even though I just created an account and signed into it. How do I know a package is tied to my account?
Tomorrow:

UPS will deliver your package to the UPS Customer Center you choose and then call the recipient when the package is ready. Packages are usually available by 8:30 a.m. on the scheduled day of delivery.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/value_added/hold_pickup.html

I'm skipping all three classes again today. I need to actually sleep. It's been one thing after another since 5am when I tried to go to bed. I feel sick to my stomach, have barely ate anything since Monday night (after not eating that whole day to begin with) and I need my energy for my huge run tonight. Gonna try to go back to sleep now. Seems Gamefly has screwed me over on Need for Speed: Rivals.

bread's done
Back