Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

I just got an email too.. but it doesn't mention tonight.. says ready for pickup Friday..
Yea, the official pickup mail with the bar code says pick-up friday, but I'm assuming picking up at midnight launch is included. I am stopping there on the way home from work to finalize some game purchases so I'll check with them, but guessing I should be good to go. Hoping it won't take forever.

Sony fanboys have taken over the Xbox One game portion of Gamefly. Their mass down-voting everything down to 1.0 scores. I just found this myself.

Literally nothing better to do.

http://www.gamefly.com/rent-games/Browse/?pf=1215&cat=SeeAll&page=1&pageSize=48
Not surprising as I'm a bit bored with the PS4 already, to be far any 3rd party game I plan on getting for X1.

But I all say Killzone Shadow Fall is perhaps the worst game I have ever played. I can't believe its this bad. There is no way Ryse or any other launch game will suck as bad as it does. I'm forcing myself to finish the campaign tonight so I can trade it in tomorrow when I pick up my X1.

X1 owners be thankful you can't play it. It is almost worth 500 dollars to say I bought the system that can't play Killzone Shadow Fall

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I really do like Major Nelson. He is that perfect balance of maturity and fun. You trust him and yet he can be silly too.

Hats off to MS for PR stuff like that.
I used to like him, but this kinda changed my mind.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RtSGFryKwo[/youtube]

Not surprising as I'm a bit bored with the PS4 already, to be far any 3rd party game I plan on getting for X1.

But I all say Killzone Shadow Fall is perhaps the worst game I have ever played. I can't believe its this bad. There is no way Ryse or any other launch game will suck as bad as it does. I'm forcing myself to finish the campaign tonight so I can trade it in tomorrow when I pick up my X1.

X1 owners be thankful you can't play it. It is almost worth 500 dollars to say I bought the system that can't play Killzone Shadow Fall
Yeesh. If Killzone is the worst game you've played, you haven't played many bad games. You've never played Superman 64, Aquaman, almost any licensed game, Sonic 06, Golden Axe: Beast Rider, Steel Battalion Kinect, Big Rigs?

I have no idea who Francis is.  I guess I am too old to get the joke, or possibly I don't keep track of youtube/gaming celebrities.

Well I created a My UPS account, but it doesn't show my delivery from Amazon on there to manage.  Guess it doesn't matter much as long as midnight launch at bb goes smoothly tonight.

Wow so I gued Ryse is getting slammed. A shame too buy it seems to be Cryteks mo.
Yeah, looks like they made some odd decisions. Why would all of the characters holding shields look the exact same. I'm going to skip it for now. Between Forza, DR3 and BF4 I'll have plenty to play.

Oddly enough, Kotaku loved the game and gave it a 'Yes.' They seem to be the only ones seriously recommending it though.

edit: Am I the only one in this thread who ordered from the MS Store (online)? I chatted with UPS and they say that my package hasn't arrived at a UPS facility yet. I'm not overly worried (overnight shipping by default), just curious what others are seeing.

Yeah, looks like they made some odd decisions. Why would all of the characters holding shields look the exact same. I'm going to skip it for now. Between Forza, DR3 and BF4 I'll have plenty to play.

Oddly enough, Kotaku loved the game and gave it a 'Yes.' They seem to be the only ones seriously recommending it though.
Kotaku. 'Nuff said.

Don't forget that Angry Joe was a huge, rude asshole to Larry the first time they met so his patience probably wasn't that high to begin with. 

Gamefly ended up coming through and shipped me both Ryse and NFS: Rivals.  So I'll have for launch:

Ryse

Need for Speed: Rivals

NBA 2K14

Forza 5

Battlefield 4

Dead Rising 3

Killer Instinct

That is amazing.

Holy crap we agreed on something! Lol. Yeah I pointed out yesterday that a lot of the enemy models were the same. No idea why they did that.

Kotaku. 'Nuff said.
Their fans/commenters are going to be livid about Ryse getting a "yes", I haven't checked yet but I will later when I want some lulz

There is not a bigger bunch of annoying japanophile-weeaboo type gamers on the internet than on Kotaku (and maybe /v), so of course anything American (xbox) is going to be bashed to all hell while the Japanese companies (nintendo and sony) can do no wrong. Cool bias.

Don't forget that Angry Joe was a huge, rude asshole to Larry the first time they met so his patience probably wasn't that high to begin with.
Yeah plus that had to have been a tough time for Microsoft as they were getting barraged all of the time for all of the DRM stuff. I still stand by the fact that they were on to something good and that I wish they didn't scrap everything.

Overall I would hate to have to be interviewed by Angry Joe, I never really like him anyway and I think that Nelson handled himself as I would have expected. Yes he could have been a bit more tactful there but it was by no means bad.

Holy crap we agreed on something! Lol. Yeah I pointed out yesterday that a lot of the enemy models were the same. No idea why they did that.
I think its because multiples of the same models on screen are easier to render then a plethora of different models. That's why in the old GTA games like 3 and such whenever you got into a car, suddenly you would see more and more of that car.

I think its because multiples of the same models on screen are easier to render then a plethora of different models. That's why in the old GTA games like 3 and such whenever you got into a car, suddenly you would see more and more of that car.
Yeah but this is next gen. Should be able to handle it. Does DR3 use a ton of the same few models?

Yeah plus that had to have been a tough time for Microsoft as they were getting barraged all of the time for all of the DRM stuff. I still stand by the fact that they were on to something good and that I wish they didn't scrap everything.

Overall I would hate to have to be interviewed by Angry Joe, I never really like him anyway and I think that Nelson handled himself as I would have expected. Yes he could have been a bit more tactful there but it was by no means bad.
He represents a major company though. Someone that is in his position (especially PR) should always keep their cool. If this was something you didn't agree with (or a company you didn't like), would you still side with how he acted?

Yeah but this is next gen. Should be able to handle it. Does DR3 use a ton of the same few models?
Not sure if that was a rhetorical question or not but no many reviews have made note that the variety in zombie models is impressive and that despite there being so many you never feel like you are fighting the same few every moment.

I still am excited to play Ryse either way. I asked before but is anyone aware of a possible 'hard mode' or any difficulty levels within Ryse to perhaps add a bit more challenge to the experience?

I know the game isn't as good as 2K14 but Is the Ultimate Team mode in NBA Live 14 at least well done?  Isn't there some type of Ultimate Team mode in 2K14?  I am not a huge basketball fan so I don't usually play those games, but I do like UT in NHL/FIFA/Madden so interested in peoples impressions on the basketball games.

He represents a major company though. Someone that is in his position (especially PR) should always keep their cool. If this was something you didn't agree with, would you still side with how he acted?
I definitely understand that point I suppose in that I am a bit biased. Regardless though it was not like he really was overly rude, it was just a few passive aggressive jabs here and there. Overall though that interview is one in a million I feel like and so you can't judge someone solely on one experience.

As I said I'm not entirely sure, but I would imagine DR3 would have a variety of models being repeated since you can have like over 300 zombies on the screen at all times....to create that many unique models would be a crap ton of work and then the Xbox would have to draw from 300 separate clothing files and that would hurt performance (This is just speculation, Im probably wrong but Im trying my best)

For some reason I typed "all times" I meant "at times" just to clarify lol

Man, I really do like Major Nelson. He is that perfect balance of maturity and fun. You trust him and yet he can be silly too.

Hats off to MS for PR stuff like that.
Are you kidding? Go back and watch him after the Xbox One reveal through the 180. Guy is just another Microsoft corporate douche. And this skit he did with Boogie2988 as well as the vlog he did after seem very forced and unnatural.

I used to like him, but this kinda changed my mind.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RtSGFryKwo[/youtube]

Yeesh. If Killzone is the worst game you've played, you haven't played many bad games. You've never played Superman 64, Aquaman, almost any licensed game, Sonic 06, Golden Axe: Beast Rider, Steel Battalion Kinect, Big Rigs?
Angry Joe is a scumbag, I am personally glad Geoff Keighly and Larry both put that idiot in his place. Hopefully he gets shunned by the rest of the gaming media so he can no longer attend events.

He creates controversy for views and subscriptions. I'm over the whole gamers who have a YouTube channel and contribute nothing to the industry thinking their opinion actually matters, it doesn't. Any mouth breathing untalented asshole with a webcam can do what he does....the guys just loves attention, plain and simple. And gamers sadly give in to him, why I do not know.

I definitely understand that point I suppose in that I am a bit biased. Regardless though it was not like he really was overly rude, it was just a few passive aggressive jabs here and there. Overall though that interview is one in a million I feel like and so you can't judge someone solely on one experience.
I see where you're coming from. I've certainly enjoyed Major's videos on Xbox and his podcasts. Guess I just need to count it as an off day for the major.

I have no idea who Francis is. I guess I am too old to get the joke, or possibly I don't keep track of youtube/gaming celebrities.

Well I created a My UPS account, but it doesn't show my delivery from Amazon on there to manage. Guess it doesn't matter much as long as midnight launch at bb goes smoothly tonight.
'Track' the package and it'll show up on your account.

so you playing a game you hate to completion? stop trolling dude. lol!

to be honest i do the same thing at times it's all about trophies and gamer score SON!!!. heck back in day when i cared about gamer score when 360 first came out i played hanna montana and barbie for free 1000 gamer score.

Not gonna lie I did the same thing with "The Last of Us" I played and thought the game was going to be amazing from the opening scene...13 hours later I realized I just got tricked into playing Ladder Simulator 2013. They should of made this a TV series or a movie, it would of been amazing.

to be honest i do the same thing at times it's all about trophies and gamer score SON!!!. heck back in day when i cared about gamer score when 360 first came out i played hanna montana and barbie for free 1000 gamer score.
Nope.avi

But seriously, if you played that crap, I hope you AT LEAST you got the achievements for Avatar too.

Not gonna lie I did the same thing with "The Last of Us" I played and thought the game was going to be amazing from the opening scene...13 hours later I realized I just got tricked into playing Ladder Simulator 2013. They should of made this a TV series or a movie, it would of been amazing.
I did that with Enslaved: Journey to the East. The game wasn't terrible, but I just felt it was repetitive and drug out. I wanted to stop, but I paid for it, so I thought I might as well finish it. LOL

After that game, I started playing Majin. I just couldn't force myself to finish it. Again, it wasn't it awful game, but it was repetitive and also, those voices! *shudders*

Ryse was originally a Kinect 1.0 based game off the 360. So it looks like they were just trying to save their assets and converted it over to the Xbone. It wasn't a game that was built from the ground up on the Xbone unlike Dead Rising 3 or Forza 5. Forza looks amazing. Ryse has flop written all over it.

considering he clearly claimed he was rushing through the campaign. he obvioulsly isnt grinding for trophies.

thats a horrible excuse. when i played nier after an hour of playing that shitty game i realised it wasnt getting better so i traded to some dope that didnt know any better. if nothing changes why continue for 13 hrs? seems like a goof on your part.

Nope.avi

But seriously, if you played that crap, I hope you AT LEAST you got the achievements for Avatar too.

I did that with Enslaved: Journey to the East. The game wasn't terrible, but I just felt it was repetitive and drug out. I wanted to stop, but I paid for it, so I thought I might as well finish it. LOL

After that game, I started playing Majin. I just couldn't force myself to finish it. Again, it wasn't it awful game, but it was repetitive and also, those voices! *shudders*
I played Enslaved then Majin back to back also. But I enjoyed enslaved, and absolutely loved Majin. Game reminded me a lot of Dark Cloud for some reason. Clearly we have very different tastes in games. lol

No amount of achievements made me power through Sonic 06 either (and I'm a huge Sonic fan). I can't believe I wasted some of my life playing that terrible, terrible game.

I played Enslaved then Majin back to back also. But I enjoyed enslaved, and absolutely loved Majin. Game reminded me a lot of Dark Cloud for some reason. Clearly we have very different tastes in games. lol
LOL. I don't think are tastes are too different. I loved Dark Cloud! I really loved the 2nd one.

bread's done
Back