Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Sony sold 1 million units in 1 day in 2 regions. They are launching in 30 more regions next Friday and in these regions they are the dominant console with the exception of the UK plus sending more stock to the US and Canada. On the other hand Microsoft is only launching in 13 regions tomorrow. I think Microsoft will beat Sonys 1 million tomorrow with 1.5 to 2mil and they will likely boast about this number come Monday and how they beat Sony. But come next Friday I'd bet Sony sells another 1.5 to 2 million for a total launch of 2.5 to 3 mill. Definitely interesting to watch.
in the end does that matter to us at all? we don't see any of that money? I can't wait for tonight means both systems are out and hope including me and others we stop this stuff and just play great next gen games and be happy for what ever system we have.

you don't understand thier thinking of xbox one if you did you would know high chance you never see a kinect less sku. It's very possible we see a package at like half the cost but with a sub you pay every month for live.
I actually agree with Timbo on this. No way they remove Kinect, it's integrated at a system level. Games are releasing with the assumption Kinect is there. Kinect only games like Just Dance don't have any branding to separate itself from non Kinect games. Kinect is here to stay for the long haul.

ps3 had blu ray player which back then most people did not even have hd tv's to use that
I stupidly spaced on the fact that it had Blu-ray... but you could use HD DVDs on the 360 with an add-on! :dunce: hahah

But yeah Timbo brings up a good point that in 2005 not nearly as many people had HD TVs to warrant the use of a Blu-Ray at that point. Everyone exists in reality and can be seen by a camera so Kinect at least fits for everyone in that sense haha

Anyone else experiencing buyer's remorse before even getting it? Mine hasn't even shipped from Amazon (typical as depot is in my state) but I'm suddenly on the fence. Other than KI I have all I want on PS4 already and nothing good is coming until March. I could always get Ghosts I guess...

in the end does that matter to us at all? we don't see any of that money? I can't wait for tonight means both systems are out and hope including me and others we stop this stuff and just play great next gen games and be happy for what ever system we have.
It doesn't matter, but that doesn't make it any less interesting. And I don't think the fanboy wars are going to stop, but at least the speculative arguments will.

Anyone else experiencing buyer's remorse before even getting it? Mine hasn't even shipped from Amazon (typical as depot is in my state) but I'm suddenly on the fence. Other than KI I have all I want on PS4 already and nothing good is coming until March. I could always get Ghosts I guess...
Not at all.

I just got a new laptop for work, I had buyer's remorse before I purchased it, after, and now as it sits in its box in my living room.

The Xbox One however I feel none, only pure excitement! Every generation the console is (barring hardware failures or whatever) going to last you almost an entire decade!

so you playing a game you hate to completion? stop trolling dude. lol!
I'm not trolling at all. I keep track of how many games I beat so at this point I will finish it. Plus I like the fact that trophy's now have a rarity % with it. I want to see how many people can actually finish this game.

I was just looking ay the metactitic score for it and I really need to stop trusting reviews. The game is so bad my soul hurts.

If u don't believe me my PSN name is Dreamcast4Life

I used to like him, but this kinda changed my mind.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RtSGFryKwo[/youtube]
Watching that video it makes me sad that the DRM policy was killed. The idea of a library and sharing games with 10 friends is amazing. That would save most of us a ton of money as we could buy games and share.

MS screwed up if you ask me because that feature would be a win for most consumers, the challengs of the backlash and most customers not understanding the library concept was just too much for MS to bear. Maybe next generation people will be ready.

The Francis / Major Nelson video was funny. Thanks for shaing that!

Last edited by a moderator:
For fuck's sake... now it looks like everyone in our house is coming down with the flu.  I can imagine that by this time tomorrow, I won't be in any mood to break in the XB1.   :puke:

I've been fighting with myself to keep this preorder and it's only intensified the last few days especially with reviews of the system features not working and the only good game in my opinion is Dead Rising since I don't care for racing sims like Forza or fighters like KI. And like you I already have all the multiplats on the PS4. But you gotta remember you are buying into this machine for the future. We know the system will be patched and features improved. And better games will come. And if there is a price drop it won't be significant or that quick to warrant waiting. And you get to be a part of the launch which is always exciting. At least this is how I convinced myself to keep it. lol Of course if Day One editions are truly limited and they begin to skyrocket in price on ebay, all that is out the window.

The Kinect is part of the core vision of Xbox.  As RiPPn said, it's integrated at such a low level that pulling the plug and offering a system without it makes less sense than anything MS has done before.

And I just don't get this fanboy crap.  I owned a PS3 for a couple of months and used it for nothing other than BD.  That didn't make it a bad system and I know there are some fantastic games for it but I just didn't dig it.  Of course I also had a PS1 and PS2 before that. But I don't throw barbs across the fence because I don't have one and prefer the Xbox.  If anything, each side should be grateful for the other.  If there were no Sony, MS would've continued with their original plans.  And from what I've heard, if there were no MS, Sony would've continued with similar plans themselves.

Watching that video it makes me sad that the DRM policy was killed. The idea of a library and sharing games with 10 friends is amazing. That would save most of us a ton of money as we could buy games and share.

MS screwed up if you ask me because that feature would be a win for most consumers.
but what if you wanted to play game and then find out one of your share friends are playing and you are out of luck. always online would have not affected me seeing i have internet at home but they did the best thing at this time.

MS screwed up if you ask me because that feature would be a win for most consumers.
Microsoft family sharing was never what they let you think it was, so you can quit feeling regret for their anti consumer policies.

Hey guys quit talking about stupid crap and keep this thread open for questions like this

Is anyone else's amazon order still sitting at waiting to be picked up by carrier? Mine has been that way for 15 hours.
Mine has been at "Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier" since 4:30 yesterday afternoon. I'm not too worried yet though, because my PS4 didn't even ship until Thursday night last week and I got it on Friday morning.

my PSN name is Dreamcast4Life
I love you. Hahah It saddens me to this day to know how great the Dreamcast was and yet have it amount to almost nothing : (

They announced a while back that they did not kill those ideas completely but will revamp them and hopefully re-address them in the future. I for one agree and hope that they come out with something amazing down the line.

lol @ PS4 not being sold out.
http://i.imgur.com/UbqtRgZ.png

They show as in-store only now, but when I was trading in some 360s for the $100 gift card, they put the PS4s on a table display in the front of the store. Sony stocked really well. If you want a console, unless my entire state is anti-Sony, then it shouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities. Though I expect the stock for Xbox One will be the same. I hope at least, I wanna get some friends on the Xbox bandwagon for some Battlefield.

http://i.imgur.com/UbqtRgZ.png

They show as in-store only now, but when I was trading in some 360s for the $100 gift card, they put the PS4s on a table display in the front of the store. Sony stocked really well. If you want a console, unless my entire state is anti-Sony, then it shouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities. Though I expect the stock for Xbox One will be the same. I hope at least, I wanna get some friends on the Xbox bandwagon for some Battlefield.
Either that's an error or it's fake. Sold out on bestbuy.com and everywhere. Here is the PS4 stock tracker. http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/

MS screwed up if you ask me because that feature would be a win for most consumers, the challengs of the backlash and most customers not understanding the library concept was just too much for MS to bear. Maybe next generation people will be ready.

The Francis / Major Nelson video was funny. Thanks for shaing that!
you could NEVER share games with 10 friends.All the share plan did was let anyone on your xbox play the games..Thank god the DRM is dead or else I would be playing a Ps4 right now and not waiting for tomorrow for my xbox one

For fuck's sake... now it looks like everyone in our house is coming down with the flu. I can imagine that by this time tomorrow, I won't be in any mood to break in the XB1. :puke:
I stayed home from school both today and yesterday partially due to being afraid I'd get sick by one of the idiots coughing every ten seconds next to me in class.

For those of you whose hasn't shipped....did you order anything else Xbox related that hasn't shipped either?
Along with the console itself: Forza 5 LE, Extra Controller and Ryse haven't shipped and have been in the "Shipping Now" stage since I woke up at 6:30 this morning.

Won't be worried until 7-8pm tonight if it hadn't been at least picked up by UPS/Fedex/USPS/Lasership.

So guys by this time tomorrow I expect some insight on the features of the one itself. As in menu layout and other such things. Im excited to hear all the good news. Will be getting a one when a sale or a good game rolls around.

I actually agree with Timbo on this. No way they remove Kinect, it's integrated at a system level. Games are releasing with the assumption Kinect is there. Kinect only games like Just Dance don't have any branding to separate itself from non Kinect games. Kinect is here to stay for the long haul.
Yeah no way they can remove the 3D in the 3DS, right? Am I right? Yeah give it a couple years and we will see a kinectless Xbox one.

All 3 of my orders have shipped (they were packaged together though). Hope Amazon doesn't mess up with the packing. Coming from Arizona.

Mine is the same way. I have seen PS4 consoles at every store I've gone to to look for Xbox One games. It's not the huge stacks that I saw for the PS3 but it's still not sold out.
Picture or it didn't happen. They aren't selling on ebay for an average of $575 because people can go grab one at their local retailer.

Mine is the same way. I have seen PS4 consoles at every store I've gone to to look for Xbox One games. It's not the huge stacks that I saw for the PS3 but it's still not sold out.
What you are seeing in stores especially Bestbuy is preorders being held. Once the hold is over they will sell in minutes. Apparently the holds for BBY are up Sunday and they will be sold then.

Yeah no way they can remove the 3D in the 3DS, right? Am I right? Yeah give it a couple years and we will see a kinectless Xbox one.
You really think the 2 are comparable? 3D is a novelty. Kinect has been integrated into the system so much that it wouldn't be feasible to remove it. The point of including it is so developers have more of a reason to add Kinect features to their games (unlike Kinect for 360 and the PS move/eye).

Anyone's thoughts on heading by my local Wal-Mart tonight? I know the website states the release it tomorrow and to check "in-store" and online for updates. I imagine Wal-Mart will have some kind of supply of systems for the shelves and not just the pre-orders right?

So I just got off with ups support and they said I could not pick it up tonight even though they stay open till 830 and the package is in transit and only like 15 miles away from my ops center. You think I would have any luck if it gets there before will call closes?

Also, does dlc codes like the day one achievement from the US work in the UK?

Picture or it didn't happen. They aren't selling on ebay for an average of $575 because people can go grab one at their local retailer.
I sold a used Xbox 360 S 4GB for $50 more than a person could have bought a new Xbox 360 E(newer model) 4GB just a month ago. People on eBay aren't the brightest.

I stupidly spaced on the fact that it had Blu-ray... but you could use HD DVDs on the 360 with an add-on! :dunce: hahah

But yeah Timbo brings up a good point that in 2005 not nearly as many people had HD TVs to warrant the use of a Blu-Ray at that point. Everyone exists in reality and can be seen by a camera so Kinect at least fits for everyone in that sense haha
I could bet money, if the HD-DVD wasn't an add-on it would have won the format war, by the time Blu-Ray was really taking off and become cheaper the PS3 was in too many households. This is why peripherals are not good, in a developers stand point it's just investing more money that isn't necessary.

I was hesitant a month ago still trying to decide if I would buy one or the other or both and I ended up with both. If I had to choose one, I would have chosen the xbox only because it's a day one edition.

For fuck's sake... now it looks like everyone in our house is coming down with the flu. I can imagine that by this time tomorrow, I won't be in any mood to break in the XB1. :puke:
Time to send the family packing to the in-laws house.

You really think the 2 are comparable? 3D is a novelty. Kinect has been integrated into the system so much that it wouldn't be feasible to remove it. The point of including it is so developers have more of a reason to add Kinect features to their games (unlike Kinect for 360 and the PS move/eye).
So integrated with the system that it does not have to be connected for the system to work. Yeah give it a couple of years and we will get a kinectless Xbox one.

Jabrim said:
Anyone's thoughts on heading by my local Wal-Mart tonight? I know the website states the release it tomorrow and to check "in-store" and online for updates. I imagine Wal-Mart will have some kind of supply of systems for the shelves and not just the pre-orders right?
My Walmart said people were waiting about 20 hours in line for a PS4. Might want to go in tonight and see how many people are there already. I think most Walmarts are open 24/7 now.

My Walmart said people were waiting about 20 hours in line for a PS4. Might want to go in tonight and see how many people are there already. I think most Walmarts are open 24/7 now.
Yeah my Wal-Mart is open 24/7, not a relatively big city either. I may go in around 11:30 or so and take a look around. I have to work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 12 hour shifts, so if I don't do it tonight I probably won't get an opportunity for a while.

I unfortunately agree, but it will not be because MS wants to from a game standpoint but rather a financial one.

I wish this weren't the case, but it is people who complain about having to have a Kinect, that will in the end kill it.

Rumor is Walmart is holding most of their non preordered stock over to black Friday so you might have better luck at a different retailer.

I'm not trolling at all. I keep track of how many games I beat so at this point I will finish it. Plus I like the fact that trophy's now have a rarity % with it. I want to see how many people can actually finish this game.

I was just looking ay the metactitic score for it and I really need to stop trusting reviews. The game is so bad my soul hurts.

If u don't believe me my PSN name is Dreamcast4Life
your psn id wont convince me your not trolling. your logic just reinforced that.

bread's done
Back