Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

well in the end im ending up with paying for 1 launch game and getting 3 free thanks to trade in credit not bad. nba 2k14,ac4,bf4,forza our my launch picks. Going to try to rent ryse at local game store some time net couple days.

I unfortunately agree, but it will not be because MS wants to from a game standpoint but rather a financial one.

I wish this weren't the case, but it is people who complain about having to have a Kinect, that will in the end kill it.
Good point, never say never, with the 360 everyone thought there was no way they could sell a unit without the hard drive because several games needed it, and then they introduced the arcade edition, so anything is possible. Maybe they introduce the Xbox One Gamer Edition without Kinect and $50 cheaper than the PS4. hrmm

i will say im kind of shocked xbox one don't have a launch system for like 250 that requires sub to live. Seem like they were testing it on 360 for next gen.

Friend has been looking for a PS4 and none around here. Ill check around today while im out and see if anyone has any in stock but I highly doubt it.

i will say im kind of shocked xbox one don't have a launch system for like 250 that requires sub to live. Seem like they were testing it on 360 for next gen.
I figured that too but I just assumed that the testing on the 360 did not go well and so they nixed the whole idea for next gen

Just a heads up to anyone that pre-ordered a Day One from target.com - I received an email last night saying a Standard edition was on the way. I was fuming this morning when I saw it so I called their customer support, told them I pre-ordred a Day One edition back in June and that this wasn't what I had ordered.

I asked to speak to a lead or supervisor, who then checked and confirmed for me that Target recently inadvertently changed the title of the item but told me rest assured that I would indeed be getting a Day One edition. Good thing I was able to get that cleared up because I had already attempted to cancel the order on the phone.

Just an FYI, hope it helps!

i know at work we have no clue when or how many we will get of both ps4 and x1 after launch. Both these things will be hard to find for couple months till at least after xmas.

I hate CS. I knew the shipping would update, I really did. I should have trusted. But if I waited too long I couldn't have done anything...I wasted 50 minutes of my life. If you want a laugh, read, if you hate CS B*itch stories, move it along. Sad part is all they had to do was actually ready my very first question and just listen to me.

Me:

I was curious about order xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I pre-ordered months ago with two day shipping to get launch day delivery of the day one edition but it is showing an estimated delivery date of tuesday.

Amazon:Hello, my name is Nandhu . I'll be glad to assist you today.
I'm sorry about the trouble you had with your item.
Let me connect you to a member of our Generalist team. It will only take a moment.

A Customer Service Associate will be with you in a moment.
You are now connected to Pradeep from Amazon.com
Pradeep:Thank you for waiting, William.
I am sorry for any inconvenience. I will be glad to help with the order status.
Just to confirm, is the item Xbox One Console - Day One Edition?

Me:yes

Pradeep:Thank you for confirming.

Me:it says it is preparing shipment but has an estimated delivery date of tuesday. will this update when it ships to show tomorrow?

Pradeep:Yes, William. Certainly. Let me explain how it works.
The official release date for the Xbox One Console is November 22, 2013. However, due to high demand and limited supply, Xbox One Console Standard Edition orders may not be available that day. As consoles become available, they will ship based on "place in line"-the order in which they were purchased.
I request you to wait till the order is shipped so that you can get the exact delivery date.
I don't mean to rush you, however the chat has been idle for a few minutes, and I'm wondering if we're still connected.
Are we still connected?

I think you are busy now, allow me to close this chat window instead. Thank you for contacting Amazon.com chat support. If you still need help. Please feel free to contact us back. We hope to see you again soon. Take care and have a great day! Goodbye for now. 

Got distracted and then disconnected so after the answer about a product I didn't order, I get this guy.

Initial Question: I was asking about order xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, which is the day one edition xbox one pre-order but I was then told "How this works" and was disconnected after a paragraph was written by Pradeep saying 

"The official release date for the Xbox One Console is November 22, 2013. However, due to high demand and limited supply, Xbox One Console Standard Edition orders may not be available that day. As consoles become available, they will ship based on "place in line"-the order in which they were purchased."

But i do not have the standard edition, I have the day one edition, how does that apply to me?

06:32 PM(GMT) William L Miller: The delivery date says Tuesday when it should be tomorrow.
06:33 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): Hello, My name is Jeffrey. I'd be more than happy to help you. One moment please.
06:36 PM(GMT) William L Miller: All I asked was, because it is preparing for shipment now, if it would update the delivery date to tomorrow when it was shipped and I was told, pretty much, that I get it when I get it because of how standard edition console orders work, which isn't what I asked. Then I was told to wait til it shipped to do anything. Well if I wait any longer nothing will be able to be done as it is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.
06:38 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): Alright. I'm currently looking at your order here and it has entered the shipping process. I'm sorry William but I need you to wait until Tuesday, November 26, 2013.
06:39 PM(GMT) William L Miller: but it is the day one edition with two day shipping which guaranteed launch day delivery
how is four days after the same as launch day?
It was pre-ordered in JUNE
06:40 PM(GMT) William L Miller: about 2 minutes after the pre-orders went live
so why do you need me to wait?
06:44 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): I understand that you really want the item and waited for so long. The reason why you will receive the item on Tuesday, November 26, 2013 is because the item will be released tomorrow, since the carrier can't ship items on weekends they will start to ship on Monday.
06:45 PM(GMT) William L Miller: But it is supposed to be delivered tomorrow
it is release day delivery
that is what was promised
that is how it always works
that is what is written on your website when you check out next to two day shipping "Want to received it on release day? Chose two-day shipping"
it is why people order release day stuff on amazon instead of picking it up in the store
06:46 PM(GMT) William L Miller: it isn't a matter of needing to ship it tomorrow and add 2 days, that isn't how amazon works, or has ever worked, for release day pre-orders
06:47 PM(GMT) William L Miller: It was GUARANTEED to be delivered on release day, it even says so in the listing for the day one edition
and it did on check out next to the two day shipping option
so why do I have to wait again?
06:48 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): I'm sorry William, Let me check here. One moment please.
06:51 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): Hello William.
Thanks for waiting.
06:52 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): I've double checked on your account and here's my explanation.
06:53 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): Actually, Xbox One will be delivered tomorrow, what you are seeing on your account is just an estimate only.
06:53 PM(GMT) William L Miller: That was my question in the first place.
06:55 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): I'm sorry William my first answer was based from what I saw on your account. But I can guarantee you that this item will be delivered to you tomorrow.

06:55 PM(GMT) William L Miller: ok, thank you.
06:56 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): You're welcome. Just wait for the item okay? I'll send you a confirmation right away. I hope I was able to help you today. Thank you for contacting amazon. Have a Great Day. Bye.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably been mentioned before, but I was just at a GameStop, and the employee told me at 6-630PM they would have two XB1s available as last minute pre-orders. The only caveat is that you have to pay in full then, which is fine considering you'd probably want to take it home tonight.

just got bf4 from ups and some reason the disk was moist not sure what that was about but i will say seems like these disc will clean much more easy then 360 disk one wipe from my electronic cleaning cloth it was clear and clean.

i love the x1 case so small and do like that the disk is on left side.

I

All install sizes listed with each game... my internet connection is going to be in pain this weekend...

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games

I already need a bigger drive. Hope they get the USB drive feature added in the spring.
Yea.. if its anything like PS4... 2K14 will take forever to install... it doesnt let you do much while it's installing except for a quick game.. but even then no commentary, etc while it installs

For anyone who preordered Ryse from Best Buy...anything strange going on with your order?  When I check the tracking status of my order, it says "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status will be updated."  It's been this way since the 19th.  It was originally supposed to arrive today.  I have my doubts it will arrive tomorrow...

My day so far...

Woke up all excited that I would be getting my Xbone. I then realized there was a foul smell coming from my living room. (A few weeks ago I started preparation for the xbones arrival.  My cat had  pissed behind my tv so I also cleaned the carpet, clean up my cords, bought new ones, a new surge protector etc.) Well last night I moved my 360 in the bedroom for my daughter and left my entertainment center out, so that I would be able to hook the Xbone up easily. That mother fucker when and pissed right on top of my new surge protector and cords. I took this thing and literally dumped the piss out of it. It was like a fucking cup full. Luckily only my surge protector was killed in this tragic incident and it did it's job properly protecting my electronics. I spent like 5 fucking hours cleaning this piss up. (I'm a germaphobe) Anyhow that is how the day I've waited 5 months for started. Can't wait to play tonight, while that cat dies on the street.

/NeoBlog

My day so far...

Woke up all excited that I would be getting my Xbone. I then realized there was a foul smell coming from my living room. (A few weeks ago I started preparation for the xbones arrival. My cat had pissed behind my tv so I also cleaned the carpet, clean up my cords, bought new ones, a new surge protector etc.) Well last night I moved my 360 in the bedroom for my daughter and left my entertainment center out, so that I would be able to hook the Xbone up easily. That mother fucker when and pissed right on top of my new surge protector and cords. I took this thing and literally dumped the piss out of it. It was like a fucking cup full. Luckily only my surge protector was killed in this tragic incident and it did it's job properly protecting my electronics. I spent like 5 fucking hours cleaning this piss up. (I'm a germaphobe) Anyhow that is how the day I've waited 5 months for started. Can't wait to play tonight, while that cat dies on the street.

/NeoBlog
Should have gotten a dog.

**or at least a Savannah Cat : P

For anyone who preordered Ryse from Best Buy...anything strange going on with your order? When I check the tracking status of my order, it says "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status will be updated." It's been this way since the 19th. It was originally supposed to arrive today. I have my doubts it will arrive tomorrow...
I'm seeing the same thing for the copy of Ryse that I ordered. I hope I get it by tomorrow, as I just got notification from Amazon that my One finally shipped.

My cat does the same thing. He is neutered, and we keep his box clean. He seems to go through random periods where he loves to pee in shoes and behind my computer. I've told my wife that when he dies (he's only 4, so probably a long time from now) we will not be getting another.

Fred Meyer. If you haven't preordered and want a xbox one call your local Fred Meyer. There's a seconday pre-order list. I just got a ticket for a pre-order there. You get the ticket, go there midnight guaranteed an xbox one. My local store in Seattle (greenwood) they have 21 tickets. Good luck peeps!! :wave:

Anybody want to trade a amazon glitch cod for a nba 2k14 let me know soon bc I have sat delivery as a option for a few more hours

My cat does the same thing. He is neutered, and we keep his box clean. He seems to go through random periods where he loves to pee in shoes and behind my computer. I've told my wife that when he dies (he's only 4, so probably a long time from now) we will not be getting another.
Exactly, that is why I let it slide the first time. He wasn't neutered yet. Now he is and is clearly just an asshole.

Went to Best Buy, and picked up Madden 25, NBA 2k14,Ass creed 4. Getting dead rising 3 tonight, and going to try to trade madden 25 for a need for speed rivals.

I

Yea.. if its anything like PS4... 2K14 will take forever to install... it doesnt let you do much while it's installing except for a quick game.. but even then no commentary, etc while it installs
I was bummed about this too, however I will say NBA 2k has one of the better Sports soundtracks to a game I have ever played, so it was ok to play a game with just music. Just glad it is not all the time!

I was glad to see Joystiq posted up a 2k14 review for the XB1 version and it sounds on par with PS4 version.  Not many reviews of 3rd party titles specific to the XB1.

Xbox took down the Xbox One update page due to the fact that they want people doing it over Live on day one, not the computer early... 

http://www.geek.com/games/microsoft-pulls-xbox-one-update-from-support-site-says-offline-update-too-complex-1577913/

According to a Microsoft spokesperson, the support site download was never intended to be a way to download the patch. They haven’t explained why the support site download was made available, but the removal is due to the “complexity of the customer support process” it created.

my xbox one order from June 10th is still "shipping now" with estimated delivery November 22nd. I know it's possible for amazon to do 1 day shipping to get it to me, but still nervous about it.

my xbox one order from June 10th is still "shipping now" with estimated delivery November 22nd. I know it's possible for amazon to do 1 day shipping to get it to me, but still nervous about it.
Mine just changed to shipping now. I'm sure it will be here round 7pm like the PS4. You would think Amazon could get this things delivered in the morining or the night before.

bread's done
Back