Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

So whats the final word on the Best Buy 3 game Xbox One promotion?

I know it says all xbox one games, but I thought I remember people saying some of them dont qualify?

Whats going on with that
Just trying to get this answered before I go at midnight

So whats the final word on the Best Buy 3 game Xbox One promotion?

I know it says all xbox one games, but I thought I remember people saying some of them dont qualify?

Whats going on with that

To keep this on topic...

The ad I saw today in Best Buy had four games DR3, Ryse, Forza and CoD.

Reading this thread reminds me how much of a riot it would of been had both consoles released on the same day
would never happen, plus it would be terrible. I can't imagine how many fanboys would be outside of best buy smashing xbones and ps4s for their youtube channel to somehow prove a point to no one.

So re-releases and remakes don't count now? People give MS flak for saturating/milking their franchises same thing with Sony. Why do re-releases and remakes not count for Nintendo. That's milking a franchise to death
No, milking is release and brand new freaking game every year that doesnt really change.

I'm VERY envious of that stallion guy but at the same time, he did deserve it. I mean all that work and thousands of dollars he has spent (I think)

Its just like Bungie giving DigitalPh33r the coveted Recon helmet when he was making machinima videos for Halo 3

So I've decided to go tomorrow after work to pick up my preorder. I saw the official bestbuy support forum and it says i have 8 days to pick it up

What I want to know though is are there any event going on at bestbuy (i.e. free shirts, merchandises, etc...) to those who attend the midnight launch?

I'm VERY envious of that stallion guy but at the same time, he did deserve it. I mean all that work and thousands of dollars he has spent (I think)

Its just like Bungie giving DigitalPh33r the coveted Recon helmet when he was making machinima videos for Halo 3

So I've decided to go tomorrow after work to pick up my preorder. I saw the official bestbuy support forum and it says i have 8 days to pick it up

What I want to know though is are there any event going on at bestbuy (i.e. free shirts, merchandises, etc...) to those who attend the midnight launch?
I know they were giving out posters for GTA V. So I would say most likely, but I'm not sure.

Should be all of the XB1 titles - that's what I was told in store.
If we're talking about the $25 promo, that's not how it's listed online. Only certain titles qualify. Its interesting, because the promo pic shows the regular version of Forza, but only the LE version shows as qualifying.

Edit: Hmm sounds like from the above they do all qualify.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in kirkland WA and it looks like it's shipping from NV. I saw that people don't like lasership so I was making sure ontrac was not in the same category. Thanks!
I think it probably depends on your area. When we lived in Capitol Hill area of Seattle Ontrac was horrible. They would leave small packages sticking out of our mailbox (which a lot of times were stolen) large packages they would leave in plain street view and we had several expensive items stolen because of this. Even though we has specifically spoken to the delivery guy, the company and Amazon about where our packages should be left and they still could not get it right.

It was so bad that Amazon had a not on our account to Not ship to our address using Ontrac. We never had any problems when Items were shipped via UPS or Fed Ex.

Granted this was 2 years ago and we lived in the city were lots of people walk buy our door way and mailbox every day. Probably not such an issue living in a neighborhood.

Anybody going to the Microsoft store for the midnight launch? If so, what's the checkout process and what's the Day One allotment looking like? Thinking about coming in last minute :)

If we're talking about the $25 promo, that's not how it's listed online. Only certain titles qualify. Its interesting, because the promo pic shows the regular version of Forza, but only the LE version shows as qualifying.

Edit: Hmm sounds like from the above they do all qualify.
I messaged a Best Buy rep on their forums about this a few days ago; they got back to me this morning. Here's what he said:

"Thank you for sharing your questions with me. I am happy to report that any Xbox One game purchased within the promotional period will be eligible for the Buy 3 Get $25 in Certificates offer."

"As reported here, the games do not need to be on the same receipt. That's great news for our gamers, and I hope you are able to take advantage of the offer."

I messaged a Best Buy rep on their forums about this a few days ago; they got back to me this morning. Here's what he said:

"Thank you for sharing your questions with me. I am happy to report that any Xbox One game purchased within the promotional period will be eligible for the Buy 3 Get $25 in Certificates offer."

"As reported here, the games do not need to be on the same receipt. That's great news for our gamers, and I hope you are able to take advantage of the offer."
Good to know. Thanks for clarifying. I preordered 3, but still don't see the points pending. I'll have to keep an eye on it....

J Sin said:
Just noticed I got this mail about an hour and a half ago.

xbox1-oops.png

I went back in this thread 5 pages but didn't see anyone else mention it.

I'm pretty pissed about this. The whole allure to me was the Day One version, because it's such a rarity. The regular version? I can get that anytime, really.

Still, it's $50 off the price, so at least there's that. But dammit, this whole thing just lost a lot of allure to me.

Anyone else receive a similar email?
Damn - I kind of wish they had done that to me. I'd much rather have the $50. I mean, my plan is to sell the controller and I'm only counting on, at best, clearing $50 from that (after buying a regular controller for $60).

I have no idea what Best Buy is doing with my preordered copy of Ryse that was supposedly shipped. When I check the tracking information, all I see is "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status will be updated."  It has been that way since Thursday morning. So much for that expedited shipping...

Damn - I kind of wish they had done that to me. I'd much rather have the $50. I mean, my plan is to sell the controller and I'm only counting on, at best, clearing $50 from that (after buying a regular controller for $60).
Holy shit! $50 off is a hell of a deal. Amazon is probably taking a loss on the console at that point.

I have no idea what Best Buy is doing with my preordered copy of Ryse that was supposedly shipped. When I check the tracking information, all I see is "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status will be updated." It has been that way since Thursday morning. So much for that expedited shipping...
Same here, no updates when I click on the tracking link. Glad I decided to pick up my other two games in-store otherwise I'd be SOL tomorrow when the console shows up.....

I have no idea what Best Buy is doing with my preordered copy of Ryse that was supposedly shipped. When I check the tracking information, all I see is "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status will be updated." It has been that way since Thursday morning. So much for that expedited shipping...
Best Buy sucks for shipping tracking. Tracking information for may arkham origins popped up 10 minutes AFTER I recieved it.

Latest Event: Portland OR
Package arrived at a carrier facility - November 21, 2013 12:37:00 PM
Pretty frustrating to know that it got so close (I'm in the Portland metro area) so long ago. I probably won't get it until 6 or 7pm tomorrow.

Well, I just got back from selling someone my preorder. Felt bad for how much I got out of it ($80) but considering I could have flipped the controller and achievement for more than that alone, I felt it was pretty fair. I'll get one of these down the line, but I don't need it day one after just splurging on a PS4 last week.

Pretty excited to hear everyone's impressions though!

Store in moline IL had like 8 people there at 930 for the finalize transaction line with pre orders but over 50 looking for a system....Some people are stupid

Same here, no updates when I click on the tracking link. Glad I decided to pick up my other two games in-store otherwise I'd be SOL tomorrow when the console shows up.....
Mine shows the same exact thing. Best buy screw up?

I think it probably depends on your area. When we lived in Capitol Hill area of Seattle Ontrac was horrible. They would leave small packages sticking out of our mailbox (which a lot of times were stolen) large packages they would leave in plain street view and we had several expensive items stolen because of this. Even though we has specifically spoken to the delivery guy, the company and Amazon about where our packages should be left and they still could not get it right.

It was so bad that Amazon had a not on our account to Not ship to our address using Ontrac. We never had any problems when Items were shipped via UPS or Fed Ex.

Granted this was 2 years ago and we lived in the city were lots of people walk buy our door way and mailbox every day. Probably not such an issue living in a neighborhood.
On Trac is pure crap! Besides a package that was supposidly left WHEN I WAS HOME wasn't there and reappears 3 weeks later, one of thier drivers totaled my wife's car after not stopping totall at a stop sign.

Mine shows the same exact thing. Best buy screw up?
I hope it's just poor tracking updates like Ashram mentioned, but who knows, UPS usually has pretty spot on tracking.

On a sidenote, it boggles my mind that so many people are mentioning the huge crowds showing up at stores w/o a pre-order. 50 people in line with no preorder? Seriously that seems pretty nuts. If was at the back of that line, I'd probably already of given up. Sounds like most stores are not getting that much extra stock, at least not for tonight.

On Trac is pure crap! Besides a package that was supposidly left WHEN I WAS HOME wasn't there and reappears 3 weeks later, one of thier drivers totaled my wife's car after not stopping totall at a stop sign.
They must hire their drivers off of craigslist.

Just noticed I got this mail about an hour and a half ago.

xbox1-oops.png

I went back in this thread 5 pages but didn't see anyone else mention it.

I'm pretty pissed about this. The whole allure to me was the Day One version, because it's such a rarity. The regular version? I can get that anytime, really.

Still, it's $50 off the price, so at least there's that. But dammit, this whole thing just lost a lot of allure to me.

Anyone else receive a similar email?
Did you order when they restock or the original stock?

If anyone that got in on the $40. Live deal, and wants to trade Shadow jago i have a forza car code, and ghost dlc codes for trade.

bread's done
Back