Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

wow.. i take back all the negative stuff i said about newegg.. their free shipping actually came through to the east coast and I just received ghosts on release day!

I was one of three ppl that got upgraded to a day one console last night :) Sent my wife in to pay it off for me at 6 and the guy said your upgraded !

Anyone know how to check how many m$ points you have ? I can't find anything .

So weird. Ordered Forza 5 Day One Edition from Walmart.com on the 16th. It said it should be here by Monday the 25th. It just shipped yesterday. UPS just delivered it already! Awesomeness. Just picked up a play and charge kit from Best Buy too. Already have my year of Live as well. Now, all I need is the actual Xbox One. lol

Just got this response from Amazon (for the record Chester, VA is about 100 miles away from where I live, so I guess there is still hope):

"I am sorry to hear the problem regarding your order.

I've checked your order for "Xbox One Console - Day One Edition " and verified that you chose the Release-Date Delivery option; your Guaranteed Delivery Date is November 22. Some carriers make deliveries to residential addresses as late as 7:00 p.m., so please allow sufficient time for delivery.

Your order has entered the shipping process and is currently being packed for delivery.

Your package should be leaving our Chester, VA shortly; as soon as it has, we'll send you a confirmation e-mail.

When we offer an item for Release-Date Delivery, we need to be extra careful in working with our shippers to honor the release date restrictions specified by the product vendors. Sometimes this requires us to process orders outside of our normal procedures, which may result in less detailed tracking information displayed in Your Account.

Carriers also tend to only update tracking information once daily, and orders are often already scheduled for delivery by the time tracking information becomes available.

I hope this helps! We look forward to seeing you again soon."

wow.. i take back all the negative stuff i said about newegg.. their free shipping actually came through to the east coast and I just received ghosts on release day!
Ghosts didn't release today for Xbox One..

Also this is by far the heaviest console in recent memory. 16lb+ shipping weight.

Installing Dead Rising 3. I won't be playing it until probably tomorrow, but I figure I might as well get it out of the way.

My gamer-tag is Eric020890 (Add me!)

I think it's funny that everyone is ripping on the console's look. We're not staring at the machine, guys. We're staring at the screen. And me personally, I like how the console looks. It's big, sure, but unless you stack your consoles on top of each other, who cares? 

Installing Dead Rising 3. I won't be playing it until probably tomorrow, but I figure I might as well get it out of the way.

I think it's funny that everyone is ripping on the console's look. We're not staring at the machine, guys. We're staring at the screen. And me personally, I like how the console looks. It's big, sure, but unless you stack your consoles on top of each other, who cares?
Don't bring your reasonable logic to the internet. This is the internet. If people want to complain about the look of a console they're hiding in their cabinet and will never actually look at...that's their rights as 'Muricans!

Amazon isn't quite what it used to be in my eyes. They upped the free shipping minimum, can use very unreliable shippers even if you use prime and begun charging sales tax in my state.

There's hardly much left to make shopping there worthwhile in my case.
You don't really think this is Amazon's fault do you?

Postal rates are climbing steadily. It was inevitable.

And you can blame your states legislation for being taxed on Amazon. Anything they can do to get every cent of sales in their state, they're gonna do it. I can guarantee that before the end of 2015 all states will be taxed by Amazon.

Don't bring your reasonable logic to the internet. This is the internet. If people want to complain about the look of a console they're hiding in their cabinet and will never actually look at...that's their rights as 'Muricans!
Lol, good point. Silly me.

Side note, can we all just look at Dead Rising 3's box art. So awesome.

And you can blame your states legislation for being taxed on Amazon. Anything they can do to get every cent of sales in their state, they're gonna do it. I can guarantee that before the end of 2015 all states will be taxed by Amazon.
Fixed. :p

is target's stock locator off? showing xbox one's in stock all around me. standard editions
Those are most likely the systems being held for preorders -- my local Target had about eight systems that were waiting to be picked up.

Speaking of my local Target, I showed up at 6:30 am, was the first one in line, and got the only Day 1 Xbox One they had for walk-in customers. Every single Xbox One game that could be Day 1 edition was, but they didn't have any Day 1 Gold cards.

They only got six Xbox Ones total for walk-ins.

Baltimore is getting a distribution center next year, definitely will make me rethink some purchases, but not outright not gonna use them anymore. Hate going to the Walmart/Target/Best Buy in this area, always 1 register open and tons of folks in line.

is target's stock locator off? showing xbox one's in stock all around me. standard editions
Never trust their stock locator. Every store within a 50 mile radius of me still shows that the steelbook edition of Dark Knight returns is in stock. Ive called all of them, it isnt.

It depends on how your home entertainment center is laid out. I assume yours is in a cabinet with wood doors so you and your guests won't see it most of time. If it's glass doors then the story is completely different.

Crazy to hear all these horror stories. I ordered my XB1 (Day one) on June 21 and it just came from UPS and wanst marked as shipped till last night.

I'm happy and amazon has never been an issue for me. Sorry to hear about all the things happening to people.

Picked mine up at the UPS Customer Center without issue.  Have it set up and am downloading the 500 mb update now.  Can't wait to try this thing out.

Didn't say it was all their fault.

Last edited by a moderator:
Little confused on weds I was charged when GameStop shipped the Xbone. But I looked at the order status it shows closed, and the charge disappeared. Ups is still scheduled for delivery today. Any ideas?

I'm a very sad individual... .

Had no interest in buying one... but then saw the Day One edition at Best Buy and figured why not.... Sigh....

Might flip it, since it is a Day One edition though.

Dead Rising, Ryse, and Forza seem to be selling out at a few locations. First Target I went to was sold out of all three, second target I got the last Dead Rising and the second to last Ryse and they only had two Forzas left. Stopped by Toys R Us and they had a better supply but seemed to be going fairly fast.

My order with Amazon said shipping now since yesterday evening and it still says shipping now.

Looks like I'll be waiting to play games on the One.

Picked up my system at BB last night.  Got there at 10 and took care of my other purchases and just hung out until pickup.  Was in my car on the way home by 12:09 and I was probably 40th in line for pick up so have to give props to how BB had things setup.  They had 40 available for walk-up sales that they distributed tickets for and lines were forming as early as 6pm but they still had unclaimed tickets as late as 11 .  The reps said they had more XB1 pre-orders than PS4.  Picked up a controller keychain since shirts and beanies were already gone.

Setup and installation was easy and the 500mb day one update only took a few minutes to download.  After the setup ran I cruised through the dash quickly and tried to setup the TV stuff (which didn't work right due to my own setup issues).  Started installing Forza and found a great feature is that you can log on and play games on your 360 while being logged onto your XB1.  So I played some TW14 and chatted with some friends on their while waiting for Forza to become playable.  Ended up playing for about 90 minutes of Forza. The game is beautiful and I really like the new controller.  It is still odd to be able to hit the guide button and use the dash quickly then swap back to your game instantly.  After years of a slow and sluggish dash it is a welcome change!  Decided to call it a night and found that the game still had not finished installing yet!  There was a 6gb!?!? patch that it prompted me to download when I started the install so maybe that was the issue.  Didn't want to shut the console off with it still installing so waited another 15 min or so until it finished.

The new UI will take some getting used to but it is pretty slick so far.  I definitely do not like not being able to manage your HD space or even get an idea of how much is available.  Seems to really nerf power users.  Also these 40gb installs are insanely long.  I was considering playing Ghosts or BF4 but wasn't going to wait through that install since I had work today.

This morning before heading out I checked out the kinect comands "xbox on" is simple but pretty cool.  I fixed the TV setup so that was working as well so will mess with that more tonight.  Picked up Ryse and DR3 Day 1 editions from Target so will try those out later.  Was pretty impressed so far but will need some more time over the weekend.

Probably TL/DR for some, but wanted to post some impressions for those who are slogging through page upon page of fanboy bickering and 1upping while waiting for t heir consoles to arrive today.

Huh? What do you mean?
What do you mean, what does he mean? Seems pretty self explanatory to me. He broke down and bought a Day One edition Xbox One because it was available, and he might sell it instead of keeping it.

You people, smh.

FedEx delivered mine. For some reason they just left it at the door, didn't knock or anything. Kind of stupid given how high value the thing is.

Anyone else having problems with Xbone randomly shutting off during the first update? It says its restarting and then shuts off when it tries to then if i turn it back on manually its back to square one by asking for my info..

Anyone else get this about a Play and Charge Kit from Amazon?

Hello,

We wanted to let you know that there is an unexpected delay with your video game order (Order# blah) you placed on November 19, 2013. Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the product(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when they may be delivered:

"Xbox One Play and Charge Kit"

New Delivery Estimate: December 19, 2013
They must have run out. Mine shipped at the last second last night and is coming today.

What do you mean, what does he mean? Seems pretty self explanatory to me. He broke down and bought a Day One edition Xbox One because it was available, and he might sell it instead of keeping it.

You people, smh.
Yeah, I got that part. Thanks. Don't understand the sighing and whatnot. He can return it. He can sell it. Shouldn't be any regret.

SYH all you want.

Went to GS at midnight to get my Zelda 3DS and a copy of Forza 5. They were sold out of both standard and Day One Forza 5 copies. We have 3 Gamestops in our town. Called them all and all were sold out. Bestbuy.com let us order the standard edition for in store pick up. Wish it was a day one but I just wanted to know I could get a copy of the game.

Anyone else having a shortage of games in their area?

Amazon packaging is utter garbage. The box barely fits the system and had a single strand of airpaks around 3/4 of the Xbox One box. Luckily Luckily, Microsoft packaged the system well and appears to be working (updating now).
The PS4 Amazon shipped had NO airbags. They are so cheap they just put it in a box.

I just can't believe there's no cheat sheet for commonly used commands for the damn voice-operated stuff in general. A 4"x 6" card with some basics would've been a good way to get going. The only way I knew of anything was watching the Xbox guys' Youtube preview where they were showing the snap features in Forza.

What command makes a snap switch to full screen?

From what I read there would be a card just like that in the box. If not, here's what I was told would be inside the box:

I've been up ready for Amazon for about a hour now.  I was waking up every hour or two but I got about 5-6 hours of sleep.  It's now 12:45pm which is the start of the 4-hour estimate they gave me.  Usually UPS is here between now and 1:30pm but I am prepared for a rare, late delivery too.  I'm just happy it's coming due to how close I came to getting screwed by Amazon like so many hours.

bread's done
Back