Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Well ive had had remotez before that couldnt tell if the item was on or off. So if everything was off but the tv. The power button would turn the tv off and everything else on. So thats why hes curious if it matters.
Oh yea, that makes sense.

My parents have a remote that does that, so frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have butterflies in my stomach.  I feel like I'm about to meet the love of my life.

Not that that is far from the truth.  It'll probably take Halo for Xbox One for it to trump the Xbox 360 in my heart though.

I have butterflies in my stomach. I feel like I'm about to meet the love of my life.

Not that that is far from the truth. It'll probably take Halo for Xbox One for it to trump the Xbox 360 in my heart though.
Just try not to get stuck in the disc drive, that would be embarrassing.

Well, I was in ... until I was out ... decided to wait it out until January to get a better idea of which console I want to go with. Was tempted to grab a Day One console at Target because they had 3 non-preorders but decided to wait because I don't think I quite wanted the system enough.

Quick question for you veteran CAGs out there.  Was in such a hurry to checkout before they were sold out again that I forgot to do the xbox live promo Best Buy has going on.  Do you think they would do a price adjustment if I brought in my receipt?  Would be awesome if they did considering my xbox live runs out in early December.  Thanks in advance! 

My order from Amazon is still in "Shipping Now" and has been for almost a day. I'm holding out hope, though; when I ordered Forza 5 a few minutes ago (seeing that Amazon price-matched Wal-Mart), I still had almost an hour to select same-day delivery.

Er I don't know about you, but all of my friends and I had airbags in the packaging for the PS4 from Amazon.
Well your warehouse must actually know what they are doing! The one that sent mine in a box so small no airbags would fit and there were none! Still waiitng on the Xbox to show up.

Prepare yourselves....the fanboy wars will be hilarious today. I'm pretty neutral, I just don't personally care for the direction MS took with the entertainment hub angle. The Fighter Within reviews look like Kinect 2.0 isnt going to live up to the claims( which really stinks, it was the one thing I was really hoping they would get right. Thinking I'll return mine and just wait for a bundle, one or two exclusives aren't enough to justify it for me. And with Sony already announcing 2 or 3 bundles, you know MS won't take too long

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/11/22/xbox-one-early-adopters-reporting-hardware-problems

Not getting my Xbox One today from Amazon. They finally shipped it and it is set to deliver tomorrow. I asked why they promised Friday delivery and then didn't come through. They blamed me for ordering 2 games!!! 2 games and a system were too complicated to ship, so it took them 3 days to pack it. 

Took 5 Amazon reps before they stopped blaming me and apologized for their mistake. They did issue a $30 credit. I guess that is something.  :bomb:  

Did anyone try to update via USB? I keep having connection issues and I'm afraid that the update will be corrupted

Dead Rising, Ryse, and Forza seem to be selling out at a few locations. First Target I went to was sold out of all three, second target I got the last Dead Rising and the second to last Ryse and they only had two Forzas left. Stopped by Toys R Us and they had a better supply but seemed to be going fairly fast.
If it's anything like my local Target, it's because they are one of the only stores reliably stocking Day 1 Editions from what I saw in my area.

My Target had about 20 copies of each of those three games and every single one was a Day 1. Compared to Wal-Mart and two GameStops I also hit which only carried regular editions of all three games.

well figured out how to delete games and what not in the my games and apps area you hit the new menu/start button and you can delete the item and even look at all the add ons installed for it.

well figured out how to delete games and what not in the my games and apps area you hit the new menu/start button and you can delete the item and even look at all the add ons installed for it.
Thats how the ps4 does it now too. Good to hear you can delete stuff as you please.

Didn't someone say that the One would have a problem free launch??
Yea Neo... I posted several articles regarding this back several pages ago, he has yet to address it... wish someone could find the post he made about it not having any problems... classic!!

Prepare yourselves....the fanboy wars will be hilarious today. I'm pretty neutral, I just don't personally care for the direction MS took with the entertainment hub angle. The Fighter Within reviews look like Kinect 2.0 isnt going to live up to the claims( which really stinks, it was the one thing I was really hoping they would get right. Thinking I'll return mine and just wait for a bundle, one or two exclusives aren't enough to justify it for me. And with Sony already announcing 2 or 3 bundles, you know MS won't take too long

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/11/22/xbox-one-early-adopters-reporting-hardware-problems
Crossing my fingers mine will be ok. I waited to get a 360 until February 2009 (Jasper) and it's still running fine, hoping to repeat my success.

I still haven't opened up the retail box or taken it out of the UPS box, but I've taken a bunch of pictures.  Going up on Flickr now, then opening.

I still haven't opened up the retail box or taken it out of the UPS box, but I've taken a bunch of pictures. Going up on Flickr now, then opening.

You should open it Dexter style. Put clear plastic everywhere lol.

10998506703_06151d033f_z.jpg

More pictures here in my Xbox One album.  A few more coming once I open the box.  Here we go...

Time to play the epic music from the end of the SAW movies while I do this.  It's a 9+ year tradition now, played on only the most epic of occasions.  "Hello Zepp" is the name.

Well, my Day One from Wednesday morning showed up and man, do I have some gripes for all parties involved.

First, UPS just dropped the box on my porch.  Not even a knock at the door. I didn't even hear them and happened to look outside and saw it there.

Second, the packing Amazon did was horrendous.  It was placed into a box slightly larger than the Xbox carton.  No bubble wrap, just a few of those air pillows on one side.  The rest of the air pillows were popped, and the contents were sliding around in the shipping box.

Third, the warranty sticker on the XB1 is barely attached.  It is crooked and only half pressed on and I can see this being a problem if I have a problem later down the road and need to file a warranty claim on it.  

I'll try to get some pics up later to show what I mean.

But for now, I have to set it up and give it a spin.

More pictures here in my Xbox One album. A few more coming once I open the box. Here we go...

Time to play the epic music from the end of the SAW movies while I do this. It's a 9+ year tradition now, played on only the most epic of occasions. "Hello Zepp" is the name.
Halloween was last month. :booty:

bread's done
Back