Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Decided to give FedEx a call. They told me my package isn't even in their system. I'm really starting think Amazon is giving me the run around. 

I keep thinking about how poor things would have gone with the Xbox One had they stuck to their original formula. Always online, no region free, need Kinect to function, DRM, etc.

Xbox One would have been massacred today in sales. Just massacred. They were so sure about their plan, too. It just goes to show you, just because you are a professional, doesn't mean your plan is always right. I mean, they did a complete 180 and they are incredibly fortunate they did.
Some of the ideas were good, i think the biggest was able to share games with friends, but they were doing it all wrong. If they did it like the PS3 that would be awesome. Basically you just have to have a friends account on your machine to "share" the game and could have up to 5 machines that have that game on it. If downloadable content was like that, then that would totally be worth buying digital instead of having discs.

Why aren't you getting one?
Some of the issues that popped up with X1 just gave me pause. There weren't really any games that I was dying to play from their exclusives and the 3rd party games I can play on my PS4. So I decided to wait on purchasing it, probably by the time Titanfall comes out.

Ended up using the money to buy a Zelda 3DS so I'm good for the next few months. Plus going to purchase Mariod 3D World soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, i havent hooked it up yet. The issues have me a little scared. I got Mario 3D world and Zelda 3ds and these two games are fucking amazing so far.

Not sure if I should just try and sell it or return it or take the risk and give it a try.

I keep thinking about how poor things would have gone with the Xbox One had they stuck to their original formula. Always online, no region free, need Kinect to function, DRM, etc.

Xbox One would have been massacred today in sales. Just massacred. They were so sure about their plan, too. It just goes to show you, just because you are a professional, doesn't mean your plan is always right. I mean, they did a complete 180 and they are incredibly fortunate they did.
Hell im not gonna lie, I played xbox/360 over its sony counterparts, and bought both a ps4/xbox one. And I still think the PS4 absolutely destroys it in every which way.

When I played Killzone for the first time on ps4 I couldnt believe its graphics and how awesome it looked, thinking this truly next gen and so impressive for a launch title.

Nothing on x1 has given me that wow factor, I feel like some of the games (ie COD) just feel like slightly nicer looking xbox 360 titles.

I guess its possible that Microsoft catches up, but right now its so onesided

Wow this has been a pretty lousy launch day for me.  My Day One edition from Amazon won't be here until Monday because of a late train (yeah, seriously) and my copy of Ryse from Best Buy won't be here until Tuesday because...well I don't really know why.  It was supposed to be here today.  I guess I'll just sit here and stare at my copy of AC4.

Wow this has been a pretty lousy launch day for me. My Day One edition from Amazon won't be here until Monday because of a late train (yeah, seriously) and my copy of Ryse from Best Buy won't be here until Tuesday because...well I don't really know why. It was supposed to be here today. I guess I'll just sit here and stare at my copy of AC4.
BB/UPS definitely screwed up with the shipping thing.

Wow this has been a pretty lousy launch day for me. My Day One edition from Amazon won't be here until Monday because of a late train (yeah, seriously) and my copy of Ryse from Best Buy won't be here until Tuesday because...well I don't really know why. It was supposed to be here today. I guess I'll just sit here and stare at my copy of AC4.

Wait till you actually get your day one edition from amazon and it shows up broken, then youll be wishing for today

Well, my disc drive is broken and my PS4 has an HDMI issue. 2 for 2 in defective consoles so far. Lucky me.
If you complain, they'll probably give you a free console. Say how ridiculous it is that you got two consoles and both are broken. Waste of time, money, and big disappointment around the holidays.

Does anyone know a system that didn't have problems at launch (or at least ones that still allowed you to play games)? It seems like Nintendo has the best launch track record.

X1 was delivered around 2:45 - minutes after my son got home and asked about it ;).

We thought for a few minutes that we had a defective console. We did the Day one patch and then thought it bricked. After it restarted from the patch it went to the green "Xbox One" screen and then did nothing for several minutes. We had to power it down, which was a bit flaky. First the power flashed for a while, then after hitting it again it went off. Started it back up and once again green "Xbox One" logo for a long time. But this time pushing buttons made noises like it was doing something "behind" the logo. Then eventually it came up with the language selection screen and let us put our account info in. But definitely not a smooth or encouraging startup there. My son said he hopes it doesn't take so long to boot up every time. We are on hardwired Ethernet so it wasn't a wireless connection issue or something. Not sure what it was doing all that time.

We are downloading Dead Rising 3 right now which is going very slowly (though it is 19.9 GB so I wasn't excepting it to be too fast). Then I guess I'll have to try the disc drive out with a Blu-ray or something since I don't have any disc games at the moment.

Do you think its due to shipping or do you think they are just defective?
Amazon's packaging was atrocious for both consoles. The PS4 had a bunch airpackets but only on the top so it wouldn't absorb any impact on the bottom where it was most likely to recieve impact. The console box itself is relatively small and compact. While the console's box is certainly sturdy enough for store shelves, it is not designed to absorb impact as there is no padding. The PS4 itself was only held in place by two cardboard pieces.

The Xbox One only had one line of air packets on the right side and SIX!! of the nine large air packets were popped. There was space in the box for the console to slide around. FM5 limited edition was placed in this space with no protection and came broken down the spine. The box was also in rough shape with a few dents and came with the tape torn halfway across the seem on the top. The Xbox One's box is much sturdier and has high quality foam bumpers to protect the console, but once again, it is not made to be bumping around in the back of a UPS truck all day without some other protection.

It's difficult to see how the PS4's HDMI port would be damaged from shipping since I believe that it is soldered onto the mother board and it has no moving parts. On the other hand, a disc drive has many moving parts and is very suseptible to damage from harsh movement.

If I had to guess, I would say that the XBox One's issue is from poor quality shipping. The HDMI problem is probably from a manufacturing error. It's certainly possible that either issue is from just a manufacturing error or poor shipping or a combination of both.

Does anyone know a system that didn't have problems at launch (or at least ones that still allowed you to play games)? It seems like Nintendo has the best launch track record.
Wii U didn't really have any launch issues. The system bricked because people were unplugging it while updating for some reason.

I guess their biggest launch problem was the day one update

Guys, guys ... I don't know what to do, my disk drive seems to be jammed ... and it seems to be dripping this semi-clear substance from the edges of the disk tray. I knew I should have sent it back when it looked like the mailing label had been replaced and the box was tampered with. Oh, and there was this picture of a chick that looked a little like a suicide girl stuck to the bottom of the console, really took some effort to pry that off ... probably should have been the first indicator my x-one was used huh ...

Spent a good 5-6 hours with it so far. First the bad, what the hell is the slowdown with installing games? Probably won't bother me as bad after today but I've installed 4 games and Forza is the worst offender.

Everything else has been fantastic. Kinect I think has picked up every command I've thrown at it. The entertainment vision M$ had is perfect for me. I've been using IE with the tv snapped so I'm browsing net and watching Penguins pregame. The cable guide is awesome.

I've played 5-6 races in Forza and I love the controller and that game. Very sweet. I've put my day one achievement and controller on EBay for a pretty high price. If they sale great. If not I'll happily keep them

Amazon's packaging was atrocious for both consoles. The PS4 had a bunch airpackets but only on the top so it wouldn't absorb any impact on the bottom where it was most likely to recieve impact. The console box itself is relatively small and compact. While the console's box is certainly sturdy enough for store shelves, it is not designed to absorb impact as there is no padding. The PS4 itself was only held in place by two cardboard pieces.

The Xbox One only had one line of air packets on the right side and SIX!! of the nine large air packets were popped. There was space in the box for the console to slide around. FM5 limited edition was placed in this space with no protection and came broken down the spine. The box was also in rough shape with a few dents and came with the tape torn halfway across the seem on the top. The Xbox One's box is much sturdier and has high quality foam bumpers to protect the console, but once again, it is not made to be bumping around in the back of a UPS truck all day without some other protection.

It's difficult to see how the PS4's HDMI port would be damaged from shipping since I believe that it is soldered onto the mother board and it has no moving parts. On the other hand, a disc drive has many moving parts and is very suseptible to damage from harsh movement.

If I had to guess, I would say that the XBox One's issue is from poor quality shipping. The HDMI problem is probably from a manufacturing error. It's certainly possible that either issue is from just a manufacturing error or poor shipping or a combination of both.
I can say as an ex Fed Ex employee many moons ago, those guys really are all about 1 thing, speed. They want to unload and re-load the trucks as fast as possible. Tossing...yes tossing expensive electronics on belts and when you open the back end of a trailer and it was stacked to the top, someitmes (most of the time) boxes would fall out. So having good packaging is a must when you ship expensive electronics. Thats poor on Amazons part that they shipped it like that.They should of maybe opted for some higher end air bubbles or maybe add something else to it like the peanuts. Sorry your day has sucked. Im still waiting for my Xbone to get here from dell which probably wont be another 2 weeks.

Both from Amazon?
YUP! I thought that Amazon would be the easiest and no hassle way to get these consoles. I was so wrong. The only thing that I can do with the PS4 is return it for a full refund. They gave me TEN WHOLE DOLLARS for my trouble. To be fair, the PS4 mostly works, I just have to unplug the HDMI cable from time to time because it starts flashing.

It's an intermittent problem and I only have one display to test it on, so Sony doesn't want to take responsiblity. They believe that it is a display problem even though it is connected to a Sony 3D Playstation Display that works fine with my Laptop, Xbox 360, PS3, and now my Xbox One.

I feel like I'm going on an entitled "first world problems" rant, but I'm just so frustrated. I have to waste hours of my time, talk to Amazon support, and talk console support with reps that know less about the issues than I do. All that I want to do is enjoy some next-gen gaming in between studying for finals.

Wow,

Nintendo HARDWARE has been good.  It's the software side/support where Nintendo always flubs it.  Having 6+ months of dry spells after multiple console launches is unacceptable.  Then they wonder why people CLAMOUR for a price drop before they're willing to pick it up.

Seems shady that XB1 is already planning another version for Q1 2014.  Something smells rotten there.

I played the One for a while today (both at BB, and then at Walmart).  I didn't see anything good that I didn't already have.  I will say the general discussion is Ryse isn't as bad as some of the reviews made it out to be and not enough people are going to Walmart to get Zoo Tycoon to get a consensus.

I'm feeling pretty good that I didn't jump on this one yet.  The more I see... I dunno.  We'll see.  Back to Zelda I go.

Oh my word...the amount of people trying to unload these consoles on Craigslist...its absolutely hilarious. I have a feeling if people hold out for a few weeks, we will see those consoles go for probably 50 over cost. 

Two questions

How can you actually "browse" the games marketplace? Or did Microsoft take that out for some retarded kinect rain dance search only feature ?

And is there a way to actually search for playable demos ? Or if Microsoft decided to hide that, what games other than the god god awful NBA Live have playable demos ?

Dev518 said:
Amazon's packaging was atrocious for both consoles. The PS4 had a bunch airpackets but only on the top so it wouldn't absorb any impact on the bottom where it was most likely to recieve impact.
My X1 box was on the porch on its side when I went out to get it. It came UPS.

The box itself was barely bigger than the console box. They just had a string of bubble packs around 3 sides of it - nothing on top or bottom. We'll see if our disc drive is OK. I take it from a quick look here that that is the potential issue with the X1, right?

What the fuck is up with these install times?

Seriously dead rising 3 has been at 1 percent for like 25 minutes
I don't know about your consoles, but my Forza is at 42% in about 20 minutes. Maybe your disc drive is about to give.

Jokes aside, I'm in the minority, but I love using the X1 so much more than the PS4. It could be because I anticipated the X1 more, but the whole experience has been better for me. The Kinect hasn't been any issue to me, and no disc drive problems.

no problem in playstation nation. install time usually less than 20 second. killzone about 30 sec, AC4, 20 sec, BF4, 20 sec, etc....
What's funny is that Playstation 3's install times were TERRIBLE and Xbox 360 were pretty good. Hopefully an update fixes it on One.

I actually got my xbox in today, even though amazon said monday on it.  Got it hooked up, updated, kinect set up, and played dead rising, downloaded KI and xbox fitness, and loving it so far.  Actually enjoying it way more than the ps4 at this time too, which is a surprise to me.

What the fuck is up with these install times?

Seriously dead rising 3 has been at 1 percent for like 25 minutes
It's probably downloading the mandatory title update first - I think for dead rising it's around 600mb. I think you can play when it reaches 50%. Ryse took even longer with a 1GB update. I noticed the % stalls when it's on the update. At least you can use other apps while it's installing :)

Wii U didn't really have any launch issues. The system bricked because people were unplugging it while updating for some reason.

I guess their biggest launch problem was the day one update
Nintendo consoles in general are builtblike Tanks. Always have been. Too bad they have been so underpowered lately. Maybe Sony and MS can just start having Nintendo handles the manufacturing oversight?

Have you contacted customer service to verify that they actually sent you a Day One edition? I talked to three CS reps today, the second one told me I would not be getting a Day One edition, as pre-ordered, but instead a standard edition. The third CS rep assured me that I was definitely getting a Day One edition. I do not know what to believe, but am pretty worried (and will likely not be ordering consoles from Amazon in the future).

My day amazon order is still in transit with on trac. Picked up my target day one no issue and bought mario 3d world and zelda link between worlds. Playing that while I wait :3

I thought the day one edition of the 3 games had some type of slipcovers that formed the x logo.  Or at least I saw pics showing that.  I mean I'm fine with the games I got from amazon today, and the dlc included, but would have loved the packaging.

Nintendo consoles in general are builtblike Tanks. Always have been. Too bad they have been so underpowered lately. Maybe Sony and MS can just start having Nintendo handles the manufacturing oversight?
I've had a few problems with launch Nintendo systems aesthetically, like a cracked DS Lite hinge (which didn't happen for a good year) and my bottom 3DS screen leaving marks on the top screen. I've never had any problems that kept me from being able to play my games though.

As far as install times, the only game I installed was DR3 so far, and it started off slow till around 7%, then jumped up to 45% and I was able to play it while it did the rest.  That is with me connected to the internet.  I was too busy browsing the store while it started though to really care.

As far as install times, the only game I installed was DR3 so far, and it started off slow till around 7%, then jumped up to 45% and I was able to play it while it did the rest. That is with me connected to the internet. I was too busy browsing the store while it started though to really care.
how long did you have to wait before you can start the game?

bread's done
Back