Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Hey guys! Does anyone know if the Xbox One has to be powered on to utilize the HDMI passthrough functionality? Meaning, can I use my cable provider DVR without having to power on the Xbox? I'd like to be able to have the flexibility of being able to do TV through the Xbox interface as well as normally.

Thanks for any input!

Hey guys! Does anyone know if the Xbox One has to be powered on to utilize the HDMI passthrough functionality? Meaning, can I use my cable provider DVR without having to power on the Xbox? I'd like to be able to have the flexibility of being able to do TV through the Xbox interface as well as normally.

Thanks for any input!
i know my tv don't see the source unless the power is on so i unhooked my cable box from my x1

IMO this is the heaviest console box I have since the Adam Computer. Now I am old but not that old please tell me I am not crazy.  LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for any input!
It has to be on.

i know when you go on 360 the acivments you earn on x1 games can't be viewed all you see is xbox one games and total scores you got on all games. My guess is might not happen seeing x1 uses complete diff system for games and what not.
I dont think 360 players can even see that we're online. Also I hate that it no longer tells me when people are online. I understand why but its lame. Will it do it if theyre under favorites?

So, I tried going to CAG on the X1 Internet Explorer. It's fast, but there's no way to reply. Is there a way to bring up the keyboard manually?

Actually, not even my Xbox.com profile seems to be showing my Xbox One games, so it probably isn't the Gamercard websites.  They just use the Live data and it should be the same stream.

Well your warehouse must actually know what they are doing! The one that sent mine in a box so small no airbags would fit and there were none! Still waiitng on the Xbox to show up.
Well that's just lame. How could the peeps over at the warehouse not know that they should put airbags in the box? Seriously...

I'm sure this beats a dead horse, but I think the Xbone really has a lot of potential.  I love the way things are integrated and while it has a steeper learning curve to get the most out of it, I think it does have an edge on Sony in terms of full feature set.  Don't get me wrong, I love my PS4 but this is something a tad more unique and I am looking forward to seeing how much it evolves over the next 10 years. I am actually kinda sad they went back on some of the "draconian" DRM policies, because I think there was some potential to really impact the way we interface with our systems.  But that is for a longer discussion.

That being said, no issues with my launch unit from amazon except for the LoZ imprint from it being placed on top of the Xbox box. And obviously having something heavier placed on top.

I think, I'm interested in seeing how the games evolve on the PS4 vs how the OS evolves on the Xbone.  Both have a home and I'm enjoying every minute of each.  

Good luck to CAG's who haven't received their Day Ones or have had issues.  

I dont think 360 players can even see that we're online. Also I hate that it no longer tells me when people are online. I understand why but its lame. Will it do it if theyre under favorites?
i tested this and people on 360 can see when people are online on xbox one all it says is we are online playing xbox one but not what game we are playing i also can view my friends using 360 and send them messages which is awsome. The question is can we join xbox live partys together never tested that yet i doudt it but never know

Got a horror story for everyone.

I drove 4 hours today to pick up my system (I was away at college). I get there and the GS clerk is taking a long time to find my Day One system in the back. He come's  back with the news.Microsoft didn't give them enough Day One systems.had this sucker preordered the day preorders opened up and had $250 down on it with the rest on my card. The manager personally called me and eventually offered me a $25 gift card regardless of whether or not she can track down a Day One system, but suffice to say I'm furious right now.

Has anybody been able to confirm that the "Suicide Girl" Neo supposedly spent time with is alive and well? Something tells me she might not have returned from their X-capades...

I just got an additional $11 refund from Amazon.  $33 saved now.  It was for Battlefield 4 by the way.

Loving this xbox one. Only thing I'm not a fan of so far is that I can't access on demand or my dvr. Is there a way around this? Instead of having to unplug my hdmi every time I want to switch? Would an hdmi splitter work?

is this for real. 90% of my target shows stock. i thought ms manufactured less unit than sony and both sold 1 million but sony still have no stock.

It updates daily...as in once a day.

Your install times are likely slow because your internet is taking forever to download the title update that happens along with the install. Makre sure all is good in network settings.
The install times are based on the data transfer and extraction rate of the optical disc to the hard drive. Obviously, is the game install size is large, (about 20 to 40 GB), it's going to take a while.

i tested this and people on 360 can see when people are online on xbox one all it says is we are online playing xbox one but not what game we are playing i also can view my friends using 360 and send them messages which is awsome. The question is can we join xbox live partys together never tested that yet i doudt it but never know
They already said cross-console chat isn't happening, because of the different voice qualities between the two consoles. It'd be cool if we could do that, but we can't.

Actually not true. I bought Fire Emblem when it came out at a store and it showed In stock and when I got home it then showed limited stock. They had 3 when I got there and 2 when I left.

Yeah I don't think that other guy knows what he talks about. Plenty of other items have gone from "in-stock" to "out of stock" midday on their release. They certainly don't update just at the start/end of the day.

anyone see any on the shelves
My Target had three of the standards still available at 5PM EST; they said they had one left from the initial inventory and they had a truck come in today with two more. They were all in the glass class available for sale.

Anyone know where MS got their numbers from in regards to a million sold? Not saying I doubt it but.... its MS

My Target had three of the standards still available at 5PM EST; they said they had one left from the initial inventory and they had a truck come in today with two more. They were all in the glass class available for sale.

Anyone know where MS got their numbers from in regards to a million sold? Not saying I doubt it but.... its MS
Keep in mind its Worldwide sales and they launched in 13 countries.

The install times are based on the data transfer and extraction rate of the optical disc to the hard drive. Obviously, is the game install size is large, (about 20 to 40 GB), it's going to take a while.
Wrong. There are title updates that can occur any time within the first few percent and that stops the install and is downloading something under the guise of "installing".

MS don't wont to be outdone by sony. I figure ms to pull a samsung, report ship number rather sold. as some one mention, stock is plentiful in aussie land. 600-700K probably sitting on the retails' shelf in europe.

Anyone having problems with the install for Forza. I put the disc in and it got to about 42%. I accidently turned the system off and now it wont install anything.  Tried to cancel and restart it and it just won't go past 0%.

sony source ms the old ps3 blueray drive while keeping the cutting edge blueray for ps4.

My local target said they should be getting a "large" shipment in Saturday night for sale first thing Sunday....not sure if this is all Targets or just that one store...

Got a horror story for everyone.

I drove 4 hours today to pick up my system (I was away at college). I get there and the GS clerk is taking a long time to find my Day One system in the back. He come's back with the news.Microsoft didn't give them enough Day One systems.had this sucker preordered the day preorders opened up and had $250 down on it with the rest on my card. The manager personally called me and eventually offered me a $25 gift card regardless of whether or not she can track down a Day One system, but suffice to say I'm furious right now.
They either sold your model or an employee took it as theirs. $25 would not satisfy me at all, especially since it's limited and you ordered it. Even if their story is true, I'd still complain to someone higher up, as the whole point of the pre-order is to secure your purchase in advance. Clearly they received their shipments of the system prior to launch, and they clearly had a list of who pre-ordered. If the numbers didn't match then they should have immediately contacted Microsoft. If nothing could be done, then they should have contacted the customers and offered them a substitution or refund offer. That's why it seems suspect; they didn't alert you until you came for pickup, and suddenly it couldn't be found.

why are there so many post about the xbone installation latency... ms fuck something up, probably a sony sabotage. thats what happen when you relied on your closest competitor for parts on a competing product. 

Anyone having problems with the install for Forza. I put the disc in and it got to about 42%. I accidently turned the system off and now it wont install anything. Tried to cancel and restart it and it just won't go past 0%.
try disconnecting from the internet, and then holding down the xbox power button for a few seconds to power cycle.

bread's done
Back