Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

If it has gone free to play, I doubt it. They may do a deals with gold sale on the courses.
It has not, contrary to popular opinion, Powerstar Golf has gone to something akin to KI with a free preview mode along with the still existent full game. Good way to have people check it out, stats and gear carry over to the full game too, which is pretty cool.

Metro: 2033 and Metro: Last Light headed to Xbox One for $25, Metro: Redux is both games & DLC for $50. Awesome, my shrink wrapped 360 copy of Metro 2033 might stay that way lol.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/metro-2033-and-metro-last-light-coming-to-xbox-one-ps4-and-pc-for-25-each/1100-6419809/

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's probably the best bang for the buck HD and enclosure if you want to roll your own external storage. 7200RPM drives with 8GB SSD for hybrid speed:

1TB - $80

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Desktop-Solid-Hybrid-ST1000DX001/dp/B00EIQTOFY/

2TB - $116

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Desktop-Solid-Hybrid-ST2000DX001/dp/B00EIQTKAS/

4TB - $190

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Desktop-Hybrid-3-5-Inch-ST4000DX001/dp/B00FQH7MQ2/

Enclosure (USB 3.0 / SATA6Gb / Fan) - $37

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003F5NS9W/

Still waiting for Microsoft to call me back to replace my console.  I called Tuesday with a bad-disc drive, they could not process my order as their "system was not working for returns".  They said they would call in 3 days or less.  I called Tuesday at noon, so can I expect a call back today (Friday)?   Horrible customer support. 

You should try reaching out to them on Twitter. Whenever I have issues with a Businesses phone or email support I just use Twitter instead. Usually they're a lot nicer and more helpful than the phone support which is just a damn shame.

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport

Yeah I've heard numerous times that they are great, have helped out so many people. Hope they work for you. At least you can still download games digitally lol.
Just called again to follow up and ask where my call was. They apologized. Honestly, Microsoft Customer Service was horrid. They should've taken care of my issue when I initially called. Now they are going to ship (within 2 business days), so since it was on a holiday weekend, I probably won't get the console for 7-10 days. Then I hav eto hurry up and ship it back so I can remove the $530 charge on my credit card.

They gave me a month of XBOX LIVE. yippee.....most games throw in a month. Garbage. I asked for a digital game so I could at least use it while I wait....nothing.

This is my second issue with XBOX ONE. The first one was the Headphones (the official MS $80 set) shocked me. They literally were not grounded correctly and shocked my ears. I had to return them and refused to by again. Quality control is just gone.

EDIT: I don't use twitter, but I tweeted them. How do I send a PM?

Just called again to follow up and ask where my call was. They apologized. Honestly, Microsoft Customer Service was horrid. They should've taken care of my issue when I initially called. Now they are going to ship (within 2 business days), so since it was on a holiday weekend, I probably won't get the console for 7-10 days. Then I hav eto hurry up and ship it back so I can remove the $530 charge on my credit card.

They gave me a month of XBOX LIVE. yippee.....most games throw in a month. Garbage. I asked for a digital game so I could at least use it while I wait....nothing.

This is my second issue with XBOX ONE. The first one was the Headphones (the official MS $80 set) shocked me. They literally were not grounded correctly and shocked my ears. I had to return them and refused to by again. Quality control is just gone.

EDIT: I don't use twitter, but I tweeted them. How do I send a PM?
Click the Mail Envelope looking icon near the Search bar to send a direct message.

In defense of MS, some games offer a 2 day pass at most like Titanfall. It's rare when you get a 30 day pass. Last one I can think of is GTA IV on the 360. I think halo 4 gave a 14 day pass. That's the only recent game that has a decent XBL pass.

In defense of MS, some games offer a 2 day pass at most like Titanfall. It's rare when you get a 30 day pass. Last one I can think of is GTA IV on the 360. I think halo 4 gave a 14 day pass. That's the only recent game that have a decent XBL pass.
Yeah I don't think any Xbox One game has came bundled with anywhere near 30 days of Live. Should be saying it's better than nothing not that you'd apparently rather not have it.

Yeah I don't think any Xbox One game has came bundled with anywhere near 30 days of Live. Should be saying it's better than nothing not that you'd apparently rather not have it.
The customer service rep said it is their policy to send a 1 month XBOX LIVE for down time. So, it's not like I got anything. It's piss poor customer service when they said they would call in 3 days or less and never call.

The customer service rep said it is their policy to send a 1 month XBOX LIVE for down time. So, it's not like I got anything. It's piss poor customer service when they said they would call in 3 days or less and never call.
You said something about the return system being down, well maybe it really was down. Things like this happen from time to time. With the twitter support being so great and responsive, now you know where to ask for help.

So you know, 1 month of live is standard when you send in a console for a repair. It was like that for the 360 as well.

You said something about the return system being down, well maybe it really was down. Things like this happen from time to time. With the twitter support being so great and responsive, now you know where to ask for help.

So you know, 1 month of live is standard when you send in a console for a repair. It was like that for the 360 as well.
I understand that systems go down. No big deal.....I get that. But when they don't call back when they promise. Also, down for 3 days is excessive for any large company.

I won't blame you since it is the Company's fault for hiring bad agents. But I've dealt with a lot of Customer Service's over the years between Microsoft, Dell, Lenovo, Sony, Apple, Amazon, and many more and the one thing I never let happen is them telling me "Oh we'll call you back about your issue".  Simply put they never do, either because the CS agent is too lazy to follow up or because he never makes a note of it for someone else to out of laziness. I'm not trying to give Microsoft a pass here, but the industry as a whole has terrible customer service everywhere, I think the one Company that didn't have terrible customer service was Apple (Shocking right?).

I would have just had the issue escalated with a Supervisor as they're more likely to follow up with the issue. I would have also just called back the next day anyway, instead of waiting for them to call me as there's no way the system would have been down for 3 days so they certainly didn't need that long.

I won't blame you since it is the Company's fault for hiring bad agents. But I've dealt with a lot of Customer Service's over the years between Microsoft, Dell, Lenovo, Sony, Apple, Amazon, and many more and the one thing I never let happen is them telling me "Oh we'll call you back about your issue". Simply put they never do, either because the CS agent is too lazy to follow up or because he never makes a note of it for someone else to out of laziness. I'm not trying to give Microsoft a pass here, but the industry as a whole has terrible customer service everywhere, I think the one Company that didn't have terrible customer service was Apple (Shocking right?).

I would have just had the issue escalated with a Supervisor as they're more likely to follow up with the issue. I would have also just called back the next day anyway, instead of waiting for them to call me as there's no way the system would have been down for 3 days so they certainly didn't need that long.
I agree. I was on chat/phone for over an hour on Tuesday, so I gave up. I tried asking for a manager that day and she was actually rather rude. The CS Rep today was nice, took care of the issue, but it could've been handled much better. I lobbied for a digital game since my disc drive was broke and would like to use my console while I wait....nope. Not that I expect anything for free (except the month of LIVE for down time).

Seeing that I'd have to get a new USB 3.0 enclosure to have the option of expanding the hard drive space just makes me wish Microsoft was a bit smarter to just let the HDD be user replaceable. I don't need more things plugged into outlets around my entertainment center.

They used to give you a free game with the repair of the Xbox 360. I had quite a few of those free games from all the times my Xbox 360 broke down on me. I actually had two copies of Kameo.  I didn't realize they stopped doing that.

Seeing that I'd have to get a new USB 3.0 enclosure to have the option of expanding the hard drive space just makes me wish Microsoft was a bit smarter to just let the HDD be user replaceable. I don't need more things plugged into outlets around my entertainment center.
Yeah, the external HDD will cause issues with me. The side USB is hard to get to in my entertainment stand. I suppose I can hide the external USB under my cabinet. How many USB ports are on the back of the device? I never even checked!

&KillerRamen - I heard they did that with XBOX ONE too, like people getting free digital games. Nope....not for me

I don't really see it has being that inconvenient. Just tuck it somewhere behind the console and forget about it. Sure the PS4 has an interchangeable one but because it's 2.5" in size it's limited in the amount of storage size you can buy for it, and compared to an external hard drive it'll cost a lot more to get more space on it compared to a 2.5" drive.

(Edit) Also forgot to mention that like Microsoft said you can easily unplug it and take it to a friends house or another console then easily access all of your games and media again.

You don't need an external hd that requires a power adapter. You can just draw power from the usb port. If the external hd is compatible with that method.

I don't really see it has being that inconvenient. Just tuck it somewhere behind the console and forget about it. Sure the PS4 has an interchangeable one but because it's 2.5" in size it's limited in the amount of storage size you can buy for it, and compared to an external hard drive it'll cost a lot more to get more space on it compared to a 2.5" drive.

(Edit) Also forgot to mention that like Microsoft said you can easily unplug it and take it to a friends house or another console then easily access all of your games and media again.
I'm not going to take it anywhere, so portability isn't a factor/bonus at all. I just prefer to be able to stick a new hard drive in it and be done with it without having something else attached to it. Looking at the links above for an external drive, I can get a 2TB 2.5" drive for about the same price (~$150) as the 2TB and external enclosure, so it's not going to cost a lot more. Amazon & NewEgg

When I've got about 15 million things hooked up all around my entertainment center, I'd prefer to not keep adding more to it if I can help it. Microsoft certainly improved their user-friendly policies by getting rid of that awful cap on Xbox 360 external storage, but it's still not where it needs to be until I can replace the internal hard drive with ease. I even avoided doing that with my Wii U by getting a 64GB thumb drive for a fairly cheap price to stick on it that'll last a long time for me.
You don't need an external hd that requires a power adapter. You can just draw power from the usb port. If the external hd is compatible with that method.
Thanks. That's at least one less issue. I know Nintendo suggests not using those sorts of enclosures, so I wasn't sure if that was just standard procedure everywhere or not.

I'm not going to take it anywhere, so portability isn't a factor/bonus at all. I just prefer to be able to stick a new hard drive in it and be done with it without having something else attached to it. Looking at the links above for an external drive, I can get a 2TB 2.5" drive for about the same price (~$150) as the 2TB and external enclosure, so it's not going to cost a lot more. Amazon & NewEgg

When I've got about 15 million things hooked up all around my entertainment center, I'd prefer to not keep adding more to it if I can help it. Microsoft certainly improved their user-friendly policies by getting rid of that awful cap on Xbox 360 external storage, but it's still not where it needs to be until I can replace the internal hard drive with ease. I even avoided doing that with my Wii U by getting a 64GB thumb drive for a fairly cheap price to stick on it that'll last a long time for me.
Thanks. That's at least one less issue. I know Nintendo suggests not using those sorts of enclosures, so I wasn't sure if that was just standard procedure everywhere or not.
The Hard Drives you listed cost $150 this 2TB External Hard Drive is $80 so that's nearly half as much. Hell for $150 you could get the 4TB version which is double the size of the ones you listed at the same price.

Again how much clutter is it to just plug it in and tuck it behind the console? I mean if you do have a huge media setup you won't even notice the small wires connected together.

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Expansion-Desktop-External-STBV2000100/dp/B00834SJS0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1400895692&sr=8-3&keywords=2tb+portable+hard+drive

The Hard Drives you listed cost $150 this 2TB External Hard Drive is $80 so that's nearly half as much. Hell for $150 you could get the 4TB version which is double the size of the ones you listed at the same price.

Again how much clutter is it to just plug it in and tuck it behind the console? I mean if you do have a huge media setup you won't even notice the small wires connected together.

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Expansion-Desktop-External-STBV2000100/dp/B00834SJS0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1400895692&sr=8-3&keywords=2tb+portable+hard+drive
I was just going by this post earlier in the thread. Do those sorts of external drives let you at least replace the hard drive with a bigger drive should I desire an upgrade or do you have to buy a whole new device? The screenshots I can find don't show any way to take the drive out unless it's on the bottom, which would be the concern for me. I'd feel better about just putting an HDD into an enclosure myself and always having the flexibility to swap it out at will.

As for my clutter, I've got seven, maybe eight, consoles hooked up to my TV right now with four going through an HDMI switch, three cameras, a sensor bar, a capture device, and a junky external HDD hooked up to my Xbox 360 because I have nothing else for that drive to do. That's a lot of shit and a lot of wires to try to keep straight as best as I can, but any ways that I can avoid adding more to it would be preferable to me.

I was just going by this post earlier in the thread. Do those sorts of external drives let you at least replace the hard drive with a bigger drive should I desire an upgrade or do you have to buy a whole new device? The screenshots I can find don't show any way to take the drive out unless it's on the bottom, which would be the concern for me. I'd feel better about just putting an HDD into an enclosure myself and always having the flexibility to swap it out at will.

As for my clutter, I've got seven, maybe eight, consoles hooked up to my TV right now with four going through an HDMI switch, three cameras, a sensor bar, a capture device, and a junky external HDD hooked up to my Xbox 360 because I have nothing else for that drive to do. That's a lot of shit and a lot of wires to try to keep straight as best as I can, but any ways that I can avoid adding more to it would be preferable to me.
No offense but it sounds like you're contradicting yourself. You claimed you would prefer the interchangeable hard drive option that the PS4 has when I said that the PS4's 2.5" drive is limited in the size it can take. So then you're presented with massive external hard drives, and complain that they can't easily be switched out if you want to expand them, which simply doesn't make sense to me since if we had the interchangeable option the PS4 presents you wouldn't even hit 4TB, at least not without spending a helluva lot of money due to that 2.5" size requirement.

I mean I don't know how much flexibility you want, it sounds like you want to have a storage scenario exactly like gaming computers can do when that kind of internal storage just isn't capable in the sizes of these machines.

I mean figure that if each Xbox One game as a 40GB Install (A lot of them should have less than this) that's 100 Games over 4TB's of storage, or roughly 90 since HDD's don't have the advertised storage on them. Are you really going to keep 90 Games on the system at once, plus music and video content NOT TO MENTION if you have the ability to use the internal hard drive alongside this external drive.

Additionally while you said you hated wires, you could always just plug another 4TB HDD in (It supports more than one) and rock out up to 16TB's of storage.

Again I mean no offense I just felt you've contradicted what you have been saying and I don't really understand the point you're making anymore. :bouncy:

No offense but it sounds like you're contradicting yourself. You claimed you would prefer the interchangeable hard drive option that the PS4 has when I said that the PS4's 2.5" drive is limited in the size it can take. So then you're presented with massive external hard drives, and complain that they can't easily be switched out if you want to expand them, which simply doesn't make sense to me since if we had the interchangeable option the PS4 presents you wouldn't even hit 4TB, at least not without spending a helluva lot of money due to that 2.5" size requirement.
What's contradictory about it? I'd greatly prefer the set-up that PS3/PS4 has so that I don't have to have anything plugged into the console to have increased storage space, but if the only option is to use some sort of external storage, then I'll deal with it if I can get a decent set-up that works for me since it's not like Microsoft is going to ever offer new models with that feature. I don't think I ever said anything about the size of the drive other than using 2TB for the examples when pricing it out for comparison costs. If I'm going to go with an external drive for the Xbox One since that's the only option, I'll use normal 3.5" HDDs that are fairly cheap to expand on since size is not as much of an issue and not 2.5" drives or whatever you're obsessing about. What's outrageous about that? Feel free to tell me what's stupid about what I just wrote. Hard drives aren't known for having incredibly long shelf lives, so being careful in regards to the likelihood of needing to upgrade/replace the drive seems like a smarter way to go rather than a proprietary external drive without that option assuming that your lack of an answer is confirmation of that aspect of the external drive you linked.

I mean I don't know how much flexibility you want, it sounds like you want to have a storage scenario exactly like gaming computers can do when that kind of internal storage just isn't capable in the sizes of these machines.
No, I think it's pretty clear that I'd prefer that Microsoft designed the Xbox One for both user replaceable internal hard drives and external hard drives, but that's obviously not the case. I stated my wishes that Microsoft learned more from their experiences with Xbox 360, but then moved onto the real world scenario of what sort of external HDD I'd prefer for my Xbox One.

I mean figure that if each Xbox One game as a 40GB Install (A lot of them should have less than this) that's 100 Games over 4TB's of storage, or roughly 90 since HDD's don't have the advertised storage on them. Are you really going to keep 90 Games on the system at once, plus music and video content NOT TO MENTION if you have the ability to use the internal hard drive alongside this external drive.
Games are only getting bigger, so 4TB could go quick if Microsoft is smart about getting lots of good games on there and the whole Games with Gold problem expands nicely over the next few years. People used to think the 20GB HDDs that came with the Xbox 360 at launch were huge, so you can never have too much storage. It just seems that big now because there's hardly anything out there to fill it up.

Additionally while you said you hated wires, you could always just plug another 4TB HDD in (It supports more than one) and rock out up to 16TB's of storage.
How does two 4TB drives turn into 16TB of space? While I said you can never have too much storage, I'm not eager to have multiple external drives hooked up to one device. One is more than enough.

Again I mean no offense I just felt you've contradicted what you have been saying and I don't really understand the point you're making anymore. :bouncy:
Now that I've hopefully better explained my thoughts, feel free to let me know if you still think I'm contradicting myself.

What's contradictory about it? I'd greatly prefer the set-up that PS3/PS4 has so that I don't have to have anything plugged into the console to have increased storage space, but if the only option is to use some sort of external storage, then I'll deal with it if I can get a decent set-up that works for me since it's not like Microsoft is going to ever offer new models with that feature. I don't think I ever said anything about the size of the drive other than using 2TB for the examples when pricing it out for comparison costs. If I'm going to go with an external drive for the Xbox One since that's the only option, I'll use normal 3.5" HDDs that are fairly cheap to expand on since size is not as much of an issue and not 2.5" drives or whatever you're obsessing about. What's outrageous about that? Feel free to tell me what's stupid about what I just wrote. Hard drives aren't known for having incredibly long shelf lives, so being careful in regards to the likelihood of needing to upgrade/replace the drive seems like a smarter way to go rather than a proprietary external drive without that option assuming that your lack of an answer is confirmation of that aspect of the external drive you linked. You talked about how you would prefer to just have the ability to put a hard drive in and have the flexibility to swap it out at will, which is exactly the same thing you could do with an external hard drive. You also say how hard drives don't live forever, which makes me assume you'd replace the internal one when it breaks, but again that doesn't really make sense since you can do the exact same thing with an external one. (At likely the same cost to)

No, I think it's pretty clear that I'd prefer that Microsoft designed the Xbox One for both user replaceable internal hard drives and external hard drives, but that's obviously not the case. I stated my wishes that Microsoft learned more from their experiences with Xbox 360, but then moved onto the real world scenario of what sort of external HDD I'd prefer for my Xbox One. No it seems like you've only voiced your displeasure to having to use an external hard drive, so I don't know why you're now saying you've been talking about how they should have added options for them both together.

Games are only getting bigger, so 4TB could go quick if Microsoft is smart about getting lots of good games on there and the whole Games with Gold problem expands nicely over the next few years. People used to think the 20GB HDDs that came with the Xbox 360 at launch were huge, so you can never have too much storage. It just seems that big now because there's hardly anything out there to fill it up. But this console generation is basically catching up with what PC's have been dealing with file size wise, and most gaming PC's are fine using 4 TB HDD's for storage. I know I have a crap ton of games on my 3TB drive and it isn't even filled.

How does two 4TB drives turn into 16TB of space? While I said you can never have too much storage, I'm not eager to have multiple external drives hooked up to one device. One is more than enough. Apologies I didn't exactly mean the two hard drives, I was quoting the maximum data that the Xbox One can have, which would mean using larger HDD's and perhaps more USB ports for that maximum.

Now that I've hopefully better explained my thoughts, feel free to let me know if you still think I'm contradicting myself. Posted thoughts and I'm still left confused, you seem to be particularly flip-flopping since through the whole discussion you've basically voiced extreme displeasure to using external hard drives, and are just now saying you've been pushing for a system that uses both external and internal.

external hard drives are great. I can use my existing 1TB drive which will bring my total with the 500 gb to 1.5TB instead of buying a 1TB internal drive that would replace the original and bring it only to 1TB total. If it works with partitions that would be good too. For the 360, I just partitioned a small part of my computer external drive for the xbox, so that I could use it with both.

and if you want less clutter you probably shouldn't have 8 consoles connected at all times. Seems like a lot more clutter than one external drive.

You talked about how you would prefer to just have the ability to put a hard drive in and have the flexibility to swap it out at will, which is exactly the same thing you could do with an external hard drive. You also say how hard drives don't live forever, which makes me assume you'd replace the internal one when it breaks, but again that doesn't really make sense since you can do the exact same thing with an external one. (At likely the same cost to)

No it seems like you've only voiced your displeasure to having to use an external hard drive, so I don't know why you're now saying you've been talking about how they should have added options for them both together.

But this console generation is basically catching up with what PC's have been dealing with file size wise, and most gaming PC's are fine using 4 TB HDD's for storage. I know I have a crap ton of games on my 3TB drive and it isn't even filled.

Apologies I didn't exactly mean the two hard drives, I was quoting the maximum data that the Xbox One can have, which would mean using larger HDD's and perhaps more USB ports for that maximum.

Posted thoughts and I'm still left confused, you seem to be particularly flip-flopping since through the whole discussion you've basically voiced extreme displeasure to using external hard drives, and are just now saying you've been pushing for a system that uses both external and internal.
Yes, I'd prefer to just have the option to replace the hard drive in the Xbox One with a bigger hard drive because I'd rather not have to plug in an external drive to get that added storage space, but that's not going to happen so I moved on from that point. I never said anything about swapping it at will like they're PS2/Xbox 360 memory cards, just when it's full and the idea of deleting and redownloading stuff when I need it is too big of a hassle since that's the logical reason why you'd want to swap out an internal hard drive for a bigger drive.

As you said, if both options were on the table, they're basically at the same cost and I'd prefer to be able to swap out the internal hard drive so I wouldn't have to bother with it for a long while.

I really haven't been flip-flopping. I expressed a desire that I had the option to just swap out the internal drive so I could be done with it, but that's just my preference if there were a hypothetical console out there that offered both. There isn't a magical console like that, so I moved on to discussing external hard drive feature preferences since I'd rather have an enclosure that lets me replace the drive in it than a simple black box that doesn't offer that.

external hard drives are great. I can use my existing 1TB drive which will bring my total with the 500 gb to 1.5TB instead of buying a 1TB internal drive that would replace the original and bring it only to 1TB total. If it works with partitions that would be good too. For the 360, I just partitioned a small part of my computer external drive for the xbox, so that I could use it with both.

and if you want less clutter you probably shouldn't have 8 consoles connected at all times. Seems like a lot more clutter than one external drive.
Thanks for the clarity. *tosses all consoles other than Xbox One and Xbox 360 in the trash*

I capture video and stream games for my Youtube channel and the site I work for, SmashPad, so it's a lot easier for me to have the consoles available to capture than having to remove them from my set-up and set them back up again when needed.

I have an external hard drive and would buy another for the system, but i know nothing about these enclosure systems. Why would I need one?

I have an external hard drive and would buy another for the system, but i know nothing about these enclosure systems. Why would I need one?
You don't. What he's talking about is buying an internal hard drive then hooking it into an enclosure so he can use that method of an "External hard drive". The difference with that plan is he can always buy a new internal hard drive and swap it into the enclosure when he wants to change.

Gotta say Skype snapped while using the Xbox One to play a game, switch game, check out the store and go back to a game is freakin' awesome. That's what I did last night: https://plus.google.com/102784785810095888930/posts/FTBCCymNPXV

Started with my buddy who just bought a PC, put it together himself (I recommended it fits his preferences/price range) to be able to play Watch Dogs but he played Titanfall while I played Titanfall on my Xbox. It was great to hear his excitement with just the training section lol. I talked burn cards, graphic fidelity, recording gameplay/twitch, was like the days when the game first came out. I roomed with this dude at college and it was like we were gaming in the same room all over again.

Internal drive < external drive in my opinion. One is plug and play another is removing stuff to pull out old hd and new one in. This way you can bring your installed games to friend and they can keep thier stuff in system also. I learned this weekend if people have DSL with games that had gbs of updates already that can take hours to download just to play game it's a joke in my opinion.

It'll be interesting to see how some of your opinions change if the next Xbox One revised console has a port for internal hard drive swapping.   More options > less options, just sayin.

It's not comparing options, it's people's choices and prefferences. Some might prefer replacing their console's hard drive to upgrade while others would prefer just plugging an external drive through USB to upgrade as well. Personally I like the external drive choice as it's portable if needs be.

[quote name="RiPPn" post="11788082" timestamp="1401034170"]It'll be interesting to see how some of your opinions change if the next Xbox One revised console has a port for internal hard drive swapping. More options > less options, just sayin.[/quote] I can see why they didn't. It could be potentially difficult for some users to swap a hard drive and become a support nightmare. Also, I'm not familiar with the entire internals of the hardware, but I'm guessing they would need an additional portion of storage for the OS since you wouldn't be able to store it on the drive. All that being said I do agree that giving people a choice between swapping or external would be nice.

Started becoming a son of Rome. Enjoying so far. Playing on Centurion. My only sadness within myself is that I leveled some passive stuff but kept forgetting to look at executions. 

PersonalIy, I would rather have a swapable internal hard drive. Less clutter and portability will never be a issue for me. I replaced my ps3 one and it was very easy to do.

PersonalIy, I would rather have a swapable internal hard drive. Less clutter and portability will never be a issue for me. I replaced my ps3 one and it was very easy to do.
What clutter? You can get a drive the size of a book/ DVD case if not smaller that you sit on top of the system.

So it looks like people are testing out the speed of external drives on the xbox one. Early reports are saying load times are about 15-20 seconds faster with an external compared to the stock internal drive.
Where'd you hear that? I'm curious to find out the details on that. Do you know if they were using a SSD, or a standard HD for these tests? Just saying, I might have to pick up an external sooner than I was expecting . . .

bread's done
Back