Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

This KI Gold change is pretty crap. Before I could do small challenges with any character to to grab accessories or color patterns I wanted. Now it looks like I pay more money or grind level with specific characters. 

I also have no idea at this point if season 2 gives you all the levels or where to find them to unlock them if not. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone notice the Dashboard Preview added a stats feature? I'm curious what the end goal is with it. It mentioned that rewards would be given for doing things like surveys and the like, but so far I'm not song anything super fantastic.

Currently, I'm ranked #1 on my friends list for it. Level 11 with 695 points. Kind of cool to see, but I'd love to see some fun rewards! Maybe beta access to hit games coming out, or first wave access to future preview updates.

Forza Horizon 2 only selling 120k retail copies across both consoles is real bad.  I think I may return my still in shrink wrap copy and wait for the inevitable black Friday sale.  Sadly I bet Sunset Overdrive will do similar numbers.

Forza Horizon 2 only selling 120k retail copies across both consoles is real bad. I think I may return my still in shrink wrap copy and wait for the inevitable black Friday sale. Sadly I bet Sunset Overdrive will do similar numbers.
Hearing that makes me want to pick it up today, the game deserves better and I want a FH3 at some point.

Anyone notice the Dashboard Preview added a stats feature? I'm curious what the end goal is with it. It mentioned that rewards would be given for doing things like surveys and the like, but so far I'm not song anything super fantastic. Currently, I'm ranked #1 on my friends list for it. Level 11 with 695 points. Kind of cool to see, but I'd love to see some fun rewards! Maybe beta access to hit games coming out, or first wave access to future preview updates.
I think the rewards are just limited to new Gamer Pictures depending on your rank.

I hear you but video game companies aren't charity cases. I want the game but, I'll probably wait until black friday unless a $40 deal comes up before hand.
I've seen it mentioned that the first Forza Horizon sold poorly also and it saw a $15 black Friday price after release, so that's what I would be hoping for if I did return it.

For a 1 day sale, 120k isn't too bad.  Shadow of Mordor probably took a vast majority of it's sales.

Are those official sales # or VG Chartz?

[quote name="RiPPn" post="12166884" timestamp="1413568701"]Did they do that because blu-ray only holds 50gb and the game is being reported at 65gb?[/quote]
45gb disc with all the campaign so 20gb to unlock multi.

Whyyyy. Just include another disc.

45gb disc with all the campaign so 20gb to unlock multi. Whyyyy. Just include another disc.
They're probably putting last minute tweaks on it, even though it's gone gold, and they're going to send it out via the Internet.

I see no issue with it, though I have no data caps on my Internet.

Forza Horizon 2 only selling 120k retail copies across both consoles is real bad. I think I may return my still in shrink wrap copy and wait for the inevitable black Friday sale. Sadly I bet Sunset Overdrive will do similar numbers.
I want the game but have a hard time dropping $60 on it. I plan to pick it up on BF as long as there is a decent sale on it.

Damn shame Forza Horizon 2 sold so badly I don't think the first one sold all that great, but it's still sad.

Meanwhile Drive Club is rumored at over 1 million in sales, and the launch of that game has been a mess.  :wall:

For a 1 day sale, 120k isn't too bad. Shadow of Mordor probably took a vast majority of it's sales.

Are those official sales # or VG Chartz?
Official numbers and npd runs through the week and does not end on the last day of the month so those figures are for the first 4 days.

Keep in mind this is physical copies and US only, the total number is rumored to be closer to 400k, which still isn't good.

forza has never really been big seller. overdrive will be lost in shuffle with cod and ac and far cry 4 this fall sadly. it's so hard for new ip to go up against big games like that

Damn shame Forza Horizon 2 sold so badly I don't think the first one sold all that great, but it's still sad.

Meanwhile Drive Club is rumored at over 1 million in sales, and the launch of that game has been a mess. :wall:
drive club was really first ps4 only driving game so not shocked it sold well. i want GT7

20gb day one patch for master chief collection..... are you fucking kidding me.
That is insane. 45gb download plus a 20gb patch as well? I have never preloaded games on XB1 but if I did for this does the 20gb patch at least get downloaded and installed prior to the game going live?

I have a 200gb internet cap that I never even got close to until I bought an XB1 but now I push the limits every month.

That is insane. 45gb download plus a 20gb patch as well? I have never preloaded games on XB1 but if I did for this does the 20gb patch at least get downloaded and installed prior to the game going live?

I have a 200gb internet cap that I never even got close to until I bought an XB1 but now I push the limits every month.
Yeah the content is downloaded and installed with the preload content.

It isn't really a patch it's extra content they couldn't fit on the disc and they didn't want to make two discs so they through it in as a Day One patch.

Official numbers and npd runs through the week and does not end on the last day of the month so those figures are for the first 4 days.

Keep in mind this is physical copies and US only, the total number is rumored to be closer to 400k, which still isn't good.
Where can I find this?

[quote name="shrike4242" post="12167112" timestamp="1413574899"]They're probably putting last minute tweaks on it, even though it's gone gold, and they're going to send it out via the Internet.

I see no issue with it, though I have no data caps on my Internet. [/quote]
My issue is the reason I'm getting it is for multiplayer. I was never a campaign junkie. MP with my brother and the friends we have tearing it online.

So the servers will crash and be overloaded thanks to this patch. Then it's going to take a dick year because everyone will be downloading it.

I just see it ending veryyy veryyy badly. Ugh.

[quote name="shrike4242" post="12167112" timestamp="1413574899"]They're probably putting last minute tweaks on it, even though it's gone gold, and they're going to send it out via the Internet.

I see no issue with it, though I have no data caps on my Internet. [/quote]
My issue is the reason I'm getting it is for multiplayer. I was never a campaign junkie. MP with my brother and the friends we have tearing it online.

So the servers will crash and be overloaded thanks to this patch. Then it's going to take a dick year because everyone will be downloading it.

I just see it ending veryyy veryyy badly. Ugh.

My issue is the reason I'm getting it is for multiplayer. I was never a campaign junkie. MP with my brother and the friends we have tearing it online. So the servers will crash and be overloaded thanks to this patch. Then it's going to take a dick year because everyone will be downloading it. I just see it ending veryyy veryyy badly. Ugh.
You shouldn't get all doom and gloom just yet. I'm sure the servers will be fine, I haven't seen any issues as of yet minus the Friends List problems that lasted for 2-3 days.

Not to mention not everybody will be downloading the update at the same time since a lot of people may end up doing a digital preorder and they'll preload the update early.

Just for comparison's sake, how much available space is there on the PS4?

I understand hard drive reservation, but over 150 GB seems excessive.  The 1TB model probably won't even touched 800 GB.

I'm not sure. I've had my PS4 since day one and still have 60 GB free. I own more games on PS4 as well. But obviously, install sizes vary widely from game to game regardless of platform.

Just for comparison's sake, how much available space is there on the PS4?

I understand hard drive reservation, but over 150 GB seems excessive. The 1TB model probably won't even touched 800 GB.
PlayStation 4 starts out with 407GB's free of the 500GB Hard Drive. The Xbox One in comparison comes with 362GB's.

45GB Difference which would be about as large as a retail game would take up.

You shouldn't get all doom and gloom just yet. I'm sure the servers will be fine, I haven't seen any issues as of yet minus the Friends List problems that lasted for 2-3 days.

Not to mention not everybody will be downloading the update at the same time since a lot of people may end up doing a digital preorder and they'll preload the update early.
Have you ever seen a halo release of the main series that hasnt crashed the servers? lol

Unfortunately I think a pretty big bug got through the Preview Program. I've been getting occasional controller disconnects and I just saw on the web that it's a bug. Here I've been constantly checking my battery thinking something was wrong with it.

Yeah, definitely not.  Maybe if you're confusing the Xbox Live crash during the holiday season that year. 

Halo 3 played smoothly with no issues for me.  Unluckily, my 360 got a red light error 3 days after release.

Yeah, definitely not. Maybe if you're confusing the Xbox Live crash during the holiday season that year.

Halo 3 played smoothly with no issues for me. Unluckily, my 360 got a red light error 3 days after release.
You are correct it.

I just texted my cousin. It was slow, but didnt crash. I do remember one Halo release that was crappy.

I think I might actually just cancel my master chief collection and use my $30 or so credit at gamestop to grab horizons 2 instead seeing how I've already played all the halo games. I can still get in the beta if I buy a copy the day before the beta starts?  I wish the next 10 days would hurry up and end.  I need my x1 already.   

I'm getting halo collection more for the 100 mp maps then the single player stuff. The value for 60 bucks is unreal.

stillwonder how it will work. if the games will be like a emulater and load up like normal game and mp maps are played on that game or all 100 maps are mixed together in one mp mode.

I'm getting halo collection more for the 100 mp maps then the single player stuff. The value for 60 bucks is unreal.

stillwonder how it will work. if the games will be like a emulater and load up like normal game and mp maps are played on that game or all 100 maps are mixed together in one mp mode.
Just a heads up, it's only $48+tax at Best Buy with GCU and it comes with a free Multiplayer Map Book and you get a $10 reward cert after you receive it, incredible deal.

bread's done
Back