Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

I'm really surprised they didn't do a MCC bundle. Would sell like hotcakes.
But let's be honest they make more money by not bundeling, everyone is still going to buy a system and then buy the MCC... then they don't have to discount MCC at all and make bank

Shocked that in less then a year, the Xbox one has seen a $100 price cut!

It's not technically correct to say the $100 drop was a price cut since they removed Kinect. Realistically they've dropped the price by $50 and removed Kinect.

It's not too late for a MasterChief Bundle. I think they might be holding off in announcing one because they don't want to steal the thunder from the Call of Duty bundle since its a marketing deal with a high profile partner.
Xbox UK supposedly tweeted about some love coming for Halo fans which could be them announcing a Halo bundle.

Microsoft has announced that for the holiday season the Xbox One will be $350/$450 which is a $50 price cut. This includes all bundles including the Assassin's Creed Bundle, COD Bundle, and Sunset Overdrive Bundle.
Starts November 2nd and runs until January.
http://majornelson.com/2014/10/27/xbox-one-available-349-us-holiday-season/?linkId=10212303
I already pre ordered unity bundle, now do I have to order again on november 2nd to get at the price of $350?

But let's be honest they make more money by not bundeling, everyone is still going to buy a system and then buy the MCC... then they don't have to discount MCC at all and make bank

Shocked that in less then a year, the Xbox one has seen a $100 price cut!
I already pre ordered unity bundle, now do I have to order again on november 2nd to get at the price of $350?
Can I take my receipt to bestbuy next week and get them to give me $50 back on the sunset overddrive bundle? Or should I just be happy that my movers coupon worked? I'm really sick of waiting but $50 is $50

Can I take my receipt to bestbuy next week and get them to give me $50 back on the sunset overddrive bundle? Or should I just be happy that my movers coupon worked? I'm really sick of waiting but $50 is $50
as long as it is within the first 15 days... yea you can get the $50 back, but you may not be able to use the coupon.

as long as it is within the first 15 days... yea you can get the $50 back, but you may not be able to use the coupon.
So they won't just put the $50 back on my card. $50 vs $40 is still $10 difference but, don't really feel like dealing with customer support over $10. I'll just email them and ask them

So they won't just put the $50 back on my card. $50 vs $40 is still $10 difference but, don't really feel like dealing with customer support over $10. I'll just email them and ask them
Best bet, Honestly they would just do a return rebuy in store, so if you had another coupon... then it might work since it wouldn't actually be a pricematch, but return rebuy

They'll probably give you $10 back since the coupon made the bundle $360. They probably won't give you 50$ back on top of the $40 you already got off for the system.

They'll probably give you $10 back since the coupon made the bundle $360. They probably won't give you 50$ back on top of the $40 you already got off for the system.
Like I said if they can get them to do a return re-buy it might work, and seeing as they are calling this a price cut and not a sale, he might be able to do that. I mean anyone can go in next week buy a bundle for $350 and use the movers coupon, no reason why doing it this week should hurt them.

ms is going all in this fall I hope this turns things around for them. They got the game now price. If you think about it you getting xbox one for 290 bucks with 60 Fokker game not bad for year old system

Best bet, Honestly they would just do a return rebuy in store, so if you had another coupon... then it might work since it wouldn't actually be a pricematch, but return rebuy
The movers coupon is invalidated the day you activate it online right? Is the in store code still good if I used the online code? Not sure I really want to go back to bestbuy but it would $85 off of retail if it worked right? But, my sunset overddrive comes with $10 gift card apparently making it roughly $350 anyway. Should I just leave well enough alone? This whole thing is driving me crazy if you're gonna offer a brand new limited bundle at least discount it the day of release and not 4 days later. Are you trying to make me insane microsoft?

Last edited by a moderator:
Microsoft has announced that for the holiday season the Xbox One will be $350/$450 which is a $50 price cut. This includes all bundles including the Assassin's Creed Bundle, COD Bundle, and Sunset Overdrive Bundle.

Starts November 2nd and runs until January.
http://majornelson.com/2014/10/27/xbox-one-available-349-us-holiday-season/?linkId=10212303
Very cool. Still probably not enough to push me over the edge this year. If there was a more attractive bundle, like with Dragon Age or something, that might have done it.

You could always sell off the codes for either Sunset Overdrive, or Assassin's Creed Unity+Black Flags then buy Dragon Age or whatever game you want.

Also for anyone looking to upgrade into next gen the Microsoft store is still offering their trade in promotion towards an Xbox One. Simply trade in a PS3 (Any model) or an Xbox 360 (Any model) and you'll get an $100 coupon towards an Xbox One.

Note the systems require the AV Cables/Power Supply Cables, and one controller in order to be eligible for the credit.

http://microsoftconsoletrade.cexchange.com/online/home/index.rails

I'm still pretty glad I got my system with Titanfall for $425 with the March hidden-but-not-so-secret $50 price cut and a $25 Amazon GC back in March. I also had won Forza 5 in a social media contest so I got two free games with the system ha! Now you get the system with the game bundle and an upgraded UI. Almost all the kinks have been worked out.

I said it before, Microsoft is going to pull out all the stops to win November and this is only the beginning.  If you haven't bought yet I suggest waiting until black Friday, I could see getting a free year of live and a retail game of choice with any bundle of choice for $300.

I said it before, Microsoft is going to pull out all the stops to win November and this is only the beginning. If you haven't bought yet I suggest waiting until black Friday, I could see getting a free year of live and a retail game of choice with any bundle of choice for $300.
I hate to say this again, since it seems to constantly end up being proven wrong.

I can't see Microsoft going any lower. Any deal or sale you see at Black Friday will be from the retailers and I don't see them offering major discounts when the system is already very competitively priced.

As I've said before (Except now corrected at $350) I expect the sales for the system will be $350 Bundles of your choice, and they'll also include a retail game (Either of choice or maybe Microsoft will offer up one like Forza Horizon 2) and MAYBE 3 months of live.

Well I am definitely buying this holiday.  Leaning towards the Unity bundle just because I am not a fan of the white console.  Now I am sort of wishing I did not trade in my $10 copy of DR3.  

Here's our Sunset Overdrive review, btw. Not written by me, but I'm getting the game tomorrow with the white console. Hope El Swordo and I can get a bit of money back when the $50 drop hits.
Me too budddy but, I've come to the point that $50 over the course of 5 years of enjoyment is a drop in the bucket I guess. I'm kinda coming into the whole sunset overdrive thing completely blind. All I know is that the artwork is awesome. Think I'll grab the hat in store tomorrow. Btw what kind of update time am I looking at when I finally get home tommorow? No chance the bundle has the latest firmware already on it right?

I definitely think for black friday only there will be several deals on top of the new price drop... Free year of Xbox live or another game of choice is most likely, especially since they have done the $50 gift card and extra game promotions already... 

Yeah, best bet is to wait until Black Friday. This $50 off promo is good until next year so you really risk nothing at all if you wait until than. Unless you want to play those new titles right away.

Yeah, best bet is to wait until Black Friday. This $50 off promo is good until next year so you really risk nothing at all if you wait until than. Unless you want to play those new titles right away.
Stock appears to be limited on the white console though, if the online preorder sellouts are any indication. I was lucky that BestBuy still let me preorder in store after they sold out online.

Btw what kind of update time am I looking at when I finally get home tommorow? No chance the bundle has the latest firmware already on it right?
It might be newer firmware but it won't be the October update. The console firmwares aren't too big though; mine downloads and installs them in 10 minutes or so.

Stock appears to be limited on the white console though, if the online preorder sellouts are any indication. I was lucky that BestBuy still let me preorder in store after they sold out online.
Yeah unless you want the white Xbox one you should probably do the deal now rather than later.

To me, I think the black Xbox One looks better than the white Xbox One but the White PS4 looks better than the Black PS4.

There is zero chance I can pick my my ssod bundle up tonight is there?  Bestbuy.com says its ready for pickup

lol it says ready for pickup it should be ready for pickup
OK, go in the store and see how far it gets you.

Im guessing you hardly deal with best buy because when you do an online pre-order for store pick up you almost always get an e-mail the day before saying its ready to pick up because they process it early to make sure its ready the next day at the start of business.

You seriously need to learn to be freaking patient. You've waited over a month you can't wait one more day?

Stop fucking whining. Today is not the release date so wait a god damn day.
C'mon now. the guy is just excited to get his new machine, can you blame him?

lol it says ready for pickup it should be ready for pickup
I agree this is confusing but I usually get 2 emails from them, one that says the order will be ready on Tuesday, and then the more confusing one that says the order is ready. Sadly they won't give it to you before the release date.

OK, go in the store and see how far it gets you.

Im guessing you hardly deal with best buy because when you do an online pre-order for store pick up you almost always get an e-mail the day before saying its ready to pick up because they process it early to make sure its ready the next day at the start of business.

You seriously need to learn to be freaking patient. You've waited over a month you can't wait one more day?
Patience isn't one of my strong suits

C'mon now. the guy is just excited to get his new machine, can you blame him?
I'm mostly irritated because hes been like this ever since the xbox one free game promo. He gets an answer to questions then asks the same question over and over again hoping someone will tell him what he wants to hear. He did this with the Xbox One free game promo, the GCU unlock promo, the $50 price cut today and other things across different threads. Its just starting to get old now.

I'm mostly irritated because hes been like this ever since the xbox one free game promo. He gets an answer to questions then asks the same question over and over again hoping someone will tell him what he wants to hear. He did this with the Xbox One free game promo, the GCU unlock promo, the $50 price cut today and other things across different threads. Its just starting to get old now.
Well I'm just impatient and angry because I feel like something I've been looking forward too for a long time is being ruined by the fact that I thought I was getting a good deal when I ordered the thing and now I feel like I'm getting a worse deal then everybody else. On top of that I had the day off and nothing better to do. So I'm sorry if I complained too much.

Well I'm just impatient and angry because I feel like something I've been looking forward too for a long time is being ruined by the fact that I thought I was getting a good deal when I ordered the thing and now I feel like I'm getting a worse deal then everybody else. On top of that I had the day off and nothing better to do. So I'm sorry if I complained too much.
I told you already. If you have another movers coupon just go back in the store on sunday and do a return rebuy.

[quote name="Deader2818" post="12188813" timestamp="1414448714"]Stop fucking whining. Today is not the release date so wait a god damn day.[/quote]
That time of the month, eh?

The transparent tiles are on the new 8.1 update for windows phone and its pretty cool. I would like that on the Xbox one as well.
They have to utilize the transparent tiles on the Xbox one. I don't see the sense of a custom background due to the screen being so heavily dominated by the tiles.

Looks like a Master Cheif Collection bundle is happening after all:

B1CixA4CMAEQFpi.jpg

bread's done
Back