Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

Care to share what salty comments I made RBK?

Honestly you and Eastx got exactly what you both wanted, you got Rippn to take your baits and turn this thread into PS4 vs Xbox One yet again.

You guys know what you are doing. I guess if pointless arguments make you happy that's good for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, not really. If these "pointless arguments" didn't matter to you, I don't think this post is even necessary.

Dont egg people on please. You're trying to start something for no reason.
I even tried to deflect it off you because again it's not like being naive and saying we shouldn't care at all if Xbox wins a single month, even a very unlikely one like April considering it was both me and you who said something along the lines that MS fans don't care about sales until the holiday season for obvious reasons.

I didn't bait no one at all, I just wanted an answer to my question which was passed over the first time I asked. You answered and I thanked your post.

Again, "pointless argument" but somehow you still feel the need to respond. I would wonder why, but we all know the answer to that.

Maybe I missed something but wouldn't the bulk of X1 sales for April be sitting in resellers basements? I mean between the $50 GC, $50 "temporary" price cut, silly high TIV for 360 consoles, free phones, free games, people were getting Xbox One's for like $100. I mean there will be like 1,000 units in May that are just from the $299 Halo Collection bundle from the eBay DOTD. I know a sale is a sale but sure does seem like MS is putting in a ton of work to get them. If they can give incentives for retailers to buy back a generation old console for $125 (was it $175 at some point with a coupon?), give out another coupon for $50 on top of that, give out free windows phones, give out free games and still turn a profit more power to them.

I think we will see a $300 model real soon.

You fail to understand that I haven't been baited into the stupid PS4 vs Xbox One debate. All I simply did was respond to your question as to how wide the gap is.

Reading comprehension my friend. It helps a lot.

You fail to understand that I haven't been baited into the stupid PS4 vs Xbox One debate. All I simply did was respond to your question as to how wide the gap is.

Reading comprehension my friend. It helps a lot.
You're still responding...

Maybe I missed something but wouldn't the bulk of X1 sales for April be sitting in resellers basements? I mean between the $50 GC, $50 "temporary" price cut, silly high TIV for 360 consoles, free phones, free games, people were getting Xbox One's for like $100. I mean there will be like 1,000 units in May that are just from the $299 Halo Collection bundle from the eBay DOTD. I know a sale is a sale but sure does seem like MS is putting in a ton of work to get them. If they can give incentives for retailers to buy back a generation old console for $125 (was it $175 at some point with a coupon?), give out another coupon for $50 on top of that, give out free windows phones, give out free games and still turn a profit more power to them.

Has there really been free phones? Everything else is true, but let's not act like this didn't exist:

320x260_PS4_trade_v2.jpg

I'm pretty sure MS still has COD unless I'm unaware of something. AC has pretty much switched almost every game I believe as well, they've never really be MS or Sony loyal. Bragging about FC4 complete when they had a marketing deal is kind of silly because Xbox owners aren't missing out on anything and be honest with yourself and tell me who cares about Tropico 5 or Risen 3? As far as lifetime sales...
Today Risen 3 and Tropico 5, maybe tomorrow a game you care about..

Id probably wait on a deal. You have Forza anyways and I'm sure it will be cheaper once they fix issues.

I wasn't even aware there was issues. Is it across all platforms for just xbox one?

Id probably wait on a deal. You have Forza anyways and I'm sure it will be cheaper once they fix issues.

I wasn't even aware there was issues. Is it across all platforms for just xbox one?
I had rented the PS4 version yesterday and had a few issues...

The framerate drops at times and there is a crazy glitch I came across where something happened with the go-kart I was driving lost it's turning capabilities (this I'm assuming was from a hard hit I had and isn't the issue) but then I hit a wall and suddenly I was in space and barrel rolling non-stop. If I can upload the video from my brother's account I'll post it.

A lot of early reviews I read for both versions said that the framerate drops fairly often. I also have read a lot of complaints about the controls being very difficult to fine tune and even settings being erased after you have saved them. Personally, I am not impressed so far with it. It looks good, but at the end of the day it just doesn't have enough vehicles for me to warrant a purchase at $60.

As there are many people here that are privy to deals, I'll tell you this the general public are not.

Also a General Xbox thread talking about General Xbox things, like the system's sales, gasp!

gasp.jpg

Trials is often a game I'll be stuck on something for a long time, walk away and then come back to it completing the level with a decent time. ...then there are the challenges haha. There have been a lot of times where I've recorded my Trials gameplay and my GameDVR doesn't work. I'm like but that was my best run! It's really annoying and a power cycle, hard reset usually fixes it but still.

Well, my issue is that I like the external controls that the adapter provides, like muting with a push of a button.  I have a feeling with the new controller, it's going to require software to adjust, like the PS4, which is a PITA IMHO.

Well, my issue is that I like the external controls that the adapter provides, like muting with a push of a button. I have a feeling with the new controller, it's going to require software to adjust, like the PS4, which is a PITA IMHO.
Doesn't the PS4 have a adapter, you can purchase, that connects to the Controller?

Edit: Found it, it's even on sale. Maybe this would help you out?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-headset-audio-controller-for-playstation-4/8703029.p?id=1219375478889&skuId=8703029

Though they never should've released the Xbox One controller without the standard audio/headset jack in the first place, it's nice that they're fixing it. I guess I might trade in my OG controller to help pay off the new one whenever it is released.

While I still need to pick up The Witcher 3, I'm def getting Batman: Arkham Knight when it comes out next month, Mad Max when it comes out this fall!
Mad Max "Savage Road" Story Trailer: http://youtu.be/C_bJ1TA9qik

Though they never should've released the Xbox One controller without the standard audio/headset jack in the first place, it's nice that they're fixing it. I guess I might trade in my OG controller to help pay off the new one whenever it is released.
Unless they nuke the TIV in short order, GS is offering $22 for one, $24.20 w/PUR Pro.

[quote name="Bleedingwickedly" post="12713341" timestamp="1432873747"]Yikes, think I received more for a dualshock 3 controller last year.[/quote]
Amazon is offering $14.60, BB is offering $1.

$24.20 doesn't seem so bad now.

I'll just keep my old ones. I have the Astro A50s anyways, so I use the Astro Chat adapter.
Well the rumor also states that there are more changes than just the audio jack, like fixing the god awful bumpers. Hopefully they put the 360 bumpers on there, that would make the controller near perfect imo.

While I still need to pick up The Witcher 3, I'm def getting Batman: Arkham Knight when it comes out next month, Mad Max when it comes out this fall!
Mad Max "Savage Road" Story Trailer: http://youtu.be/C_bJ1TA9qik
Was excited for Mad Max, even more so after the movie, then this article came and kind of makes me want to wait for closer to release? I thought Mad Max would be my Shadow of Mordor for the year...

Mad Max impressions with Hands-on

The bumper feels weird to me. I prefer the 360 bumpers. Really noticeable when you go play a 360 game and than go play an Xbox One game afterward.
I did that this weekend...I played Witcher 2 on 360 and prefer the xbox one bumpers.

Most of the people that have complained are trying to press the top of the bumper with their fingertip when you should be using the middle of your finger. I haven't played a game that gives me trouble with it, and it's much more comfortable than the 360 controller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=52&v=RF-smJELJ4A

(yes I know it's stupid to watch a "how to use controller" video, but if anyone is bothered with the bumpers, at least watch it to see if you're using it like that)

Either the bumpers feel right to people or they don't. Ain't no special class we all need to take to learn how to use them.

The Xbone bumpers are definitely less responsive than the 360's. The 360 bumpers, however, suffered from a design flaw in which the internal plastic holding the bumper was too fragile and could break, causing the button to stop working.

Either the bumpers feel right to people or they don't. Ain't no special class we all need to take to learn how to use them.

The Xbone bumpers are definitely less responsive than the 360's. The 360 bumpers, however, suffered from a design flaw in which the internal plastic holding the bumper was too fragile and could break, causing the button to stop working.
My son has broke the bumpers on all his 360 controllers, from either dropping or throwing them. At least that's what I assumed. Tried to play a game with him and I had to press the bumpers extremely hard to get it to register.

Yeah I heard about the Xbox One's stiff bumpers but I didn't seem to have a problem with them like the internet did lol.

Ah that's too bad, I'm kinda holding out on Batman due to the bs pre-order shit WB Games are doing. NFS is online only, face palm, I need Mad Max to be good!

bread's done
Back