Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

interesting, so here TImbo claims to have had an early copy of Madden, and in the Madden thread he claims to have given it away to a friend after saying how excited he was for early release.

my friend has the game now seeing he don't have season ticket and wanted to play it. friday i get early release version then tues got the nfl sunday ticket version coming from amazon so i gave him that copy and was playing demo today. I have been using demo to play with seattle so i can get a feel for them pretty well.

Man, you crack me up  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

in other news, I admit MS gave a good showing at Gamescom.  the FIFA news for Europe will definitely help sell some systems over there.  Kudos to them on that.

Xbox One launching in Europe before PS4 won't be that huge considering Sony is launching in like 20 more countries than the X one this holiday.

interesting, so here TImbo claims to have had an early copy of Madden, and in the Madden thread he claims to have given it away to a friend after saying how excited he was for early release.

my friend has the game now seeing he don't have season ticket and wanted to play it. friday i get early release version then tues got the nfl sunday ticket version coming from amazon so i gave him that copy and was playing demo today. I have been using demo to play with seattle so i can get a feel for them pretty well.

Man, you crack me up :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

in other news, I admit MS gave a good showing at Gamescom. the FIFA news for Europe will definitely help sell some systems over there. Kudos to them on that.
i have a early copy from work ad i let my friend use it for couple days you got a problem with that? plus might i add madden servers are not live so i can't play online with my early copy which is another reason im excited for early release to try the game online and see if online play is still garbage. if you don't like me block me plzzz im sick and tired of people bashing me none stop mind your own dang self and don't care about me loser.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if they are having production issues at all, but still since its getting delayed in a lot of countries its not going to be an advantage.

but hey if they want to give away a free game i would never turn down a free game  :bouncy: i don't think its a thing that would make me change for the other system to x1 but if you were planning on getting a x 1 or have not decided which one to get it's a plus.

I was posting about something I felt was good news for MS, the announcement of the FIFA bundle.  I think it will move some systems which is a good thing.  Cant help that I was also amused by your changing stories.

I just watched the interface video for the PS4. I won't say what bothered me most about the video that appears at about 48 seconds in, but I will say ignoring the lag of the UI since it's likely a still in the works UI. I am not a fan. I guess I'm tired of XMB after using it for so long. 

That said. I like that in interface between MS devices will be similar. I enjoy matching UIs between devices. 

I don't see the countries that got delayed being a big deal. I'm assuming they probably got delayed because the Xbox 360 sales sucked there. They are probably only losing a small, small fraction of their user base from these eight countries honestly. Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden, and Switzerland. Which of those countries has a large user base for the 360? Does anyone know?

Ugh:

Ryse: Son of Rome has microtransactions in multiplayer
It been revealed that Ryse’s newly revealed multiplayer mode will have microtransactions. It gives players the option to accelerate their progress. It all seems very un-gladiatorial to me.

ryse-dec.jpg

VideoGamer reports that players will be able to unlock new armour by purchasing Gold, Silver, or Bronze packs. “When we talk about the progression system for multiplayer, it’s armour-based,” said a Microsoft producer.

“”The way that you get armour is very similar to how you get it in like Mass Effect or FIFA. You only earn gold while playing multiplayer [and] you use that gold to buy booster packs. Those booster packs contain random sets of loot. Based on the different tiers of loot that you get – whether you buy Bronze, Silver or Gold Packs – guarantees whether you get rare or common items.

“One of the things that we did a little different is that you can buy them with in-game currency and real world currency. The difference is that if you’re close we also have small microtransactions.

He gives the example of wanting to purchase a Gold pack that costs 15,000 in-game gold. If the player only has 12,500 gold they can pay a small amount in real money to make up the difference.

So, this essentially means that, although the producer also said the multiplayer stages have been designed for players who want to grind for additional gold or experience, they can also skip ahead by paying a little extra.

Ryse: Son of Rome is in development at Crytek. It’ll be an Xbox One launch exclusive.

Ugh:
It been revealed that Ryse’s newly revealed multiplayer mode will have microtransactions. It gives players the option to accelerate their progress. It all seems very un-gladiatorial to me.

ryse-dec.jpg

VideoGamer reports that players will be able to unlock new armour by purchasing Gold, Silver, or Bronze packs. “When we talk about the progression system for multiplayer, it’s armour-based,” said a Microsoft producer.
“”The way that you get armour is very similar to how you get it in like Mass Effect or FIFA. You only earn gold while playing multiplayer [and] you use that gold to buy booster packs. Those booster packs contain random sets of loot. Based on the different tiers of loot that you get – whether you buy Bronze, Silver or Gold Packs – guarantees whether you get rare or common items.
“One of the things that we did a little different is that you can buy them with in-game currency and real world currency. The difference is that if you’re close we also have small microtransactions.
He gives the example of wanting to purchase a Gold pack that costs 15,000 in-game gold. If the player only has 12,500 gold they can pay a small amount in real money to make up the difference.
So, this essentially means that, although the producer also said the multiplayer stages have been designed for players who want to grind for additional gold or experience, they can also skip ahead by paying a little extra.
Ryse: Son of Rome is in development at Crytek. It’ll be an Xbox One launch exclusive.

It's an option. You can level up via merit or $$$

I really don't see it as a big deal. Now if you can only level up via $ then I would see it as a big deal.

Ugh:

ryse-dec.jpg

Is Ryse's multiplayer competitive or co-op? If its co-op like Mass Effect 3 then this isn't as big of a deal, if it's competitive and the leader board is filled with people buying their way to the top then this is complete garbage.

Man, you crack me up :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Timbo is either a compulsive liar or an 11 year old. I'm guessing the latter.

I wasn't a huge fan of it in ME3 either. Cosmetic stuff is fine but that can create a huge gap just because someone has money to spend on that stuff when others don't and yes it makes a difference, not so much as in competitive but it still makes an impact.

I wouldn't put WV in the same boat as Timbo. WV to my knowledge has not been repeatedly caught making contradictory statements and flat out lying on numerous occasions. WV's continued support confuses me since he was extremely disappointed in MS doing the 180...

Timbo is either a compulsive liar or an 11 year old. I'm guessing the latter.
yep im a liar i got a copy of madden 25 from work because starting tues we will have a full display with the full game playable and i have to try to sell the game and i decided to take the game home for couple days to check it out and i let my friend use the game for a day or two to see if he wants to buy the game or not and i played the demo seeing the team im using in the cag league is in the demo an im getting early release on friday so i can test the online game play of this game in which im excited for because madden servers are not up and running right now so could not play online with the game copy i had.

Guys, Timbo already said earlier he works in the industry and was going to E3. Dude's totally legit, he even said so.
you do know retail people can get into e3 right if you know the right people? i know the buyer for my company and he goes to e3 every year so that's how i got in .

i don't understand why i have to explain my self to these dumb trolls it's pathetic that people have to bring in shit from another thread and might i add those people are not even in the madden league so why would they care about madden league thread.

I wouldn't put WV in the same boat as Timbo. WV to my knowledge has not been repeatedly caught making contradictory statements and flat out lying on numerous occasions. WV's continued support confuses me since he was extremely disappointed in MS doing the 180...
how do you know i lie about fuck do you know me off this website? do i talk to you on the phone every day you go back to making lame reviews on your lame blog.

the mods on this website don't do their job they let personal attacks happen none stop it's pathetic this is a video game website not a fing 12 year old middle school shit.

again how do you know i fing lied about anything you are just a old grump old man hey go play your lame wonderfull 101 nintendo junk and stop attacking me
Considering nothing you say is ever consistent with what you've said in the past, it's really easy to tell you're making stuff up.

Timbo, seriously, if you don't like it when people personally attack you, just ignore it and don't respond but adding to it but making baseless insults as well.

You do this every time. Its getting to the point where I think some people just do it because its very easy to get a rise out of you.

Considering nothing you say is ever consistant with what you've said in the past, it's really easy to tell you're making stuff up.
so when i said i got early copy of madden i should go in great detail HOW i got the copy and i should go in great DETAIL how i got into e3(even if its easy as pie to get into e3 if you want to get in) plz tell me why all that is needed.

Timbo, seriously, if you don't like it when people personally attack you, just ignore it and don't respond but adding to it but making baseless insults as well.

You do this every time. Its getting to the point where I think some people just do it because its very easy to get a rise out of you.
good idea

My release date guess is 11/5

I think a lot of folks underestimate how big it would be for MS to launch alongside COD.

Just put Timbo on ignore rather than attacking him if you don't like his posts. Most of the thread ends up being people crying about each other.

I think a lot of folks underestimate how big it would be for MS to launch alongside COD.
I don't think it matters. Microsoft will sell all of the available units no matter when they launch. The number of units they can produce is the limiting factor at launch. I think they will have less units to sell than Sony for the rest of 2013.

I don't think it matters. Microsoft will sell all of the available units no matter when they launch. The number of units they can produce is the limiting factor at launch. I think they will have less units to sell than Sony for the rest of 2013.

I think it will just help solidify the decision for some of the core who played COD on 360 and were teetering on maybe flipping. I dunno. Just a guess.

And you are crazy to think it will be 11/27. No way.

It would be a big deal if COD was next gen only. Being that you can get it on PS3/360/Wii U when its out, I don't think a lot of people will rush out and get an Xbox One just to play a game that isnt much different then its current gen counter part.

I'd honestly put a game like COD into the "casual" gamer market. IE: A lot of people that arent gamers buy cod to play with their friends and its one of the very few titles they actually buy. They aren't really the types to rush out and buy a new system just to play it.

it will either be the week of the 4th or the week of 20th nov

It would be a big deal if COD was next gen only. Being that you can get it on PS3/360/Wii U when its out, I don't think a lot of people will rush out and get an Xbox One just to play a game that isnt much different then its current gen counter part.
yeah seeing the only diff in the game on next gen is the lighting in the game and nothing in gameplay is diff i don't see people running out buying a x1/ps4 just for cod not happing.

week of 4th would make tons of sense seeing x1 biggest 3rd party game is ghost it would be out two weeks before watch dogs but lets be honest sony is pushing watch dogs more then ms is so makes sense these two systems would launch near their biggest 3rd party game.

I think it will just help solidify the decision for some of the core who played COD on 360 and were teetering on maybe flipping. I dunno. Just a guess.
The issue is that Call of Duty isn't going to be an XBox One exclusive, and it isn't going to be a next-gen exclusive either. All of the people who are enthusiastic about COD don't actually have to drop $400 - $500 to enjoy it this holiday season. It will run fine on the systems they already own. Thanks to that, as well as games like Grand Theft Auto V, there will be a certain amount of reluctance in upgrading immediately for advocates of current popular series. Many of them aren't going to feel the need to upgrade. They already spend close to $100 on COD annually, why bother getting a new system if you don't have to?

That said, 11/5 is not an unreasonable date for the XBox One to launch. It would give them a good two weeks leading up to the holiday shopping season, and would help them to piggyback on the enthusiasm caused by the major title releases.

As for microtransactions in Ryse, I have no problem with it. It doesn't sound mandatory and if like ME3, won't get in the way or limit the player in getting the gear without paying.

Guys, this thread is turning to shit real quick. Can we get back to talking about the Xbox One??

As for microtransactions in Ryse, I have no problem with it. It doesn't sound mandatory and if like ME3, won't get in the way or limit the player in getting the gear without paying.
its back to normal now seeing i have a giant list of ignores now so lets roll with x 1 talk :D

Guys, this thread is turning to shit real quick. Can we get back to talking about the Xbox One??

have the last 10 or so post not been about the Xbox One?

The point people are making is that it will make multiplayer suck if it works a certain way - as in you buy a game to have fun and this is not fun.

The point people are making is that it will make multiplayer suck if it works a certain way - as in you buy a game to have fun and this is not fun.
Ea does this with bf3 and people still love that game. Just because someone pays to have all upgrades don't mean they will be any good at the game. Most of the people that buy unlocks on bf3 still stink after it lol.

bread's done
Back