Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

My COD has been acting fine. Side note

I am going to sell my 2nd Xbox one, with one standard black controller and factory reset to one of my wife's Co workers. Getting 280 for it, was going to be buying the Forza controller for 60, and the game separately from best buy with gcu for 48+tax. Probably should just cancel my controller and buy the bundle with cash?

That a fair price and sound thinking? Was going to cut out of pocket cost by trading in gtav [bought digitally] and one of best buy minute blue camo controllers. Just waiting for the trade in bonus 30% or not.

Offered the system with gtav or arkham knight disc for 320 instead of 280 base no game as well.

[quote name="Bleedingwickedly" post="12860771" timestamp="1439341885"]If your consoles are right by each other, the only thing you'd have to do is swap the optical cord.[/quote]
Or you could buy a switch. That's what I did.

Absolutely, there are a few neat EQ post settings on the TB 800s but to tell you the truth I mostly listen with them with "signature sound" mode on (5.1 surround sound). I'm playing Farcry 4 right now, and yes you can pinpoint where sounds come from. The mic issue is fixed with the firmware updates and it's truly wireless with a nice base cradle, that also holds them nicely if in not use. They're also Bluetooth enabled which I use with my phone quite extensively (listening to music, taking calls, our talking to text with messenger). Yeah there's a 2 year extended warranty that comes with it too.
My original post was referring to the HyperX actually. But speaking of the TB 800's, they seem to be reviewed highly as well. If I was going to go with TB, I would probably opt with the 800's since I'm reading now that some of the headsets like the HyperX aren't very good with spatial awareness. My biggest concern is the compatibility. I see that the 800X model is made for the Xbox One while the 800 model is made for the PS4. So if were to purchase the 800X for my X1, I assume that this headset would not be compatible with the PS4?

Last edited by a moderator:
If your consoles are right by each other, the only thing you'd have to do is swap the optical cord.
Or you could buy a switch. That's what I did.
Thanks for pointing that out. So the setup doesn't require you to switch any USB connection between the consoles? That's pretty nifty if all I need to do is to reconnect the optical cable. Sorry, but can you tell me more about the optical switch?

Thanks for pointing that out. So the setup doesn't require you to switch any USB connection between the consoles? That's pretty nifty if all I need to do is to reconnect the optical cable. Sorry, but can you tell me more about the optical switch?
It's basically like a hdmi switch, but for optical cables.

When I purchased my A50s, I got the Xbox one version(it comes with the adapter for the Xbox controller). The only difference between the Xbox one version and ps4 version is that adapter.

[quote name="RiPPn" post="12861487" timestamp="1439394742"]Adrian Peterson approves this message. :beer:[/quote]Bahaha... I didn't get the reference and decided to google it. Well played.

It's basically like a hdmi switch, but for optical cables.

When I purchased my A50s, I got the Xbox one version(it comes with the adapter for the Xbox controller). The only difference between the Xbox one version and ps4 version is that adapter.
So basically, I just need to buy the Xbox One version of the A50 to be able to use it on both consoles? I assumed they were both the same model/UPC. I'm leaning on getting one this week from Best Buy since they are on sale for $260 and worst case scenario, I can just return them if I don't like them.

So basically, I just need to buy the Xbox One version of the A50 to be able to use it on both consoles? I assumed they were both the same model/UPC. I'm leaning on getting one this week from Best Buy since they are on sale for $260 and worst case scenario, I can just return them if I don't like them.
That's correct. If you purchase the adapter by itself, it's about $20 I believe. Also there's also a optical out plug on the back of the receiver for the A50s. I have a optical cord from ps4-receiver-surround sound system, so even if I want to use my surround sound system, I don't need to unhook the headset. Personally I'm not into much multiplayer, so I really only use the headset for audio. It's great for when the kids decide to sleep in the rec room, and I can still enjoy playing games.

hey guys. I was going to pick up an xbox one around the holidays last year, with giftcards I received from family. I sat on the giftcards because I was waiting for the right deal. anyhow I got in on the one/tv deal at best buy last week. I picked up rare replay because to me that was a  no brainer purchase. 

so that was my only title. I picked up state of decay and sunset overdrive yesterday. those were two that I was looking forward to playing.

are there any titles that I am overlooking? not into the shooter genre much, certain titles here and there. looking at mostly exclusives for the one. I was looking at ryse, and a forza game. I see there are two on the one, which is the better title.

also, what is a fair price/trade for the halo mcc code. I would like to move it at a reasonable amount and not try to screw anyone over.

as for the one. I am digging it. I am a little lost sometimes moving through the menu/tiles, but I am getting used to it. I am so used to the ps4 layout when scrolling around.

thanks in advance.

hey guys. I was going to pick up an xbox one around the holidays last year, with giftcards I received from family. I sat on the giftcards because I was waiting for the right deal. anyhow I got in on the one/tv deal at best buy last week. I picked up rare replay because to me that was a no brainer purchase.

so that was my only title. I picked up state of decay and sunset overdrive yesterday. those were two that I was looking forward to playing.

are there any titles that I am overlooking? not into the shooter genre much, certain titles here and there. looking at mostly exclusives for the one. I was looking at ryse, and a forza game. I see there are two on the one, which is the better title.

also, what is a fair price/trade for the halo mcc code. I would like to move it at a reasonable amount and not try to screw anyone over.

as for the one. I am digging it. I am a little lost sometimes moving through the menu/tiles, but I am getting used to it. I am so used to the ps4 layout when scrolling around.

thanks in advance.
The current dashboard is changing this fall to a Windows 10 like interface. Preview members will get it first so if you are interested in trying it out you should sign up for that program.

hey guys. I was going to pick up an xbox one around the holidays last year, with giftcards I received from family. I sat on the giftcards because I was waiting for the right deal. anyhow I got in on the one/tv deal at best buy last week. I picked up rare replay because to me that was a no brainer purchase.

thanks in advance.
Dead Rising 3 is pretty fun and can most likely be found pretty cheap. As some people already mentioned if you get into preview program(have someone send you an invite), you'll receive the updates sooner. The new Fall update is going to change a lot with the interface, so don't get too use to it. Preview members are supposed to get the Fall update in September.

EA Access is worth it also, less than $3 per month, and you'll get access to I believe 10 games now.

This is odd. Im in the preview program. So my nephew was playing Minecraft xbox one edition and all of a sudden Super Meat Boy and BattleBlock Theater are "updating". To me it seems like they are being downloaded a 2nd time, even though it was already downloaded on my system before and we have played them before today. Has anyone else had any of their BC games start "updating" out of nowhere?

[quote name="The 7th Number" post="12878015" timestamp="1440186270"]This is odd. Im in the preview program. So my nephew was playing Minecraft xbox one edition and all of a sudden Super Meat Boy and BattleBlock Theater are "updating". To me it seems like they are being downloaded a 2nd time, even though it was already downloaded on my system before and we have played them before today. Has anyone else had any of their BC games start "updating" out of nowhere?[/quote]
I had Jetpac from Rare Replay update. My guess is with the BC games and how they are packaged they can't simply update portions of the game like when it was on 360 or the XB1 games.

http://newsroom.uber.com/2015/08/madden-16/

Get Madden 16 for free today, delivered by Uber. Promo runs from 2 - 5 pm in Detroit, but is also running in other major cities.
I'm in Phoenix and there is no Madden NFL car option.. the way the promo is written it should be an option but if you request it there may not be availability.. anyone else seeing this or am I reading it wrong and it'll only show up if available..?

Think you have to enter in the promo code for the option to appear.

"No Players Open.  Try Again." is all I've seen for the past hour.

Think you have to enter in the promo code for the option to appear.

"No Players Open. Try Again." is all I've seen for the past hour.
Yeah I did the code but no option.. even signed my wife up to try on a second account and same thing.. are you guys on android or iphone?

That's actually an improvement over just different visual bundles (I have mine skinned so I don't really care). I like that the Elite controller comes bundled with that one but more importantly I like the improved loading time.

Last time around, it was black for the Elite and since we have both black and white X1 systems, maybe street cone orange? Neon yellow?
Xbox Green would be sweet.

Hybrid drives are great, but it not being user replaceable kind of kills it for me personally. Hybrid drives have a shorter lifespan than traditional drives. For most users it's fine, but I keep consoles forever. At this point I think I'll just wait for the redesign.

$500 to get a bigger internal hard drive in an Xbox One is ridiculous. They need to release a model that officially supports user replaceable hard drives without endangering the warranty. I don't like consoles turning into phones where you have to buy a whole new device to get more internal storage.

$500 to get a bigger internal hard drive in an Xbox One is ridiculous. They need to release a model that officially supports user replaceable hard drives without endangering the warranty. I don't like consoles turning into phones where you have to buy a whole new device to get more internal storage.
To say $500 for just a new hard drive is a major simplified statement since the biggest thing in this equation is the elite controller bundled in.

[quote name="KillerRamen" post="12902994" timestamp="1441374679"]There really should be an option for both. I really don't know what happens when an internal drive on an Xbox One fails.[/quote]
Get the system repaired?

Get the system repaired?
I have systems that are over 35 years old and MS will only support it for so long, so my issue is as to if they made it impossible to swap the part. You can replace a 500 GB HDD now for around $40, MS would definitely charge a lot more and only for a limited period of time.

Edit: I checked and you can, but it's a pain in the butt. Hopefully they make it easy with version 2.

Well Microsoft has charged and shipped my Forza Controller I bought with Golden crisp code. 59.$$

Was going to cancel and just buy new limited system trading old one in, but I forgot and going to be buying the Halo bundle most likely now.

[quote name="KillerRamen" post="12903208" timestamp="1441384054"]I have systems that are over 35 years old and MS will only support it for so long, so my issue is as to if they made it impossible to swap the part. You can replace a 500 GB HDD now for around $40, MS would definitely charge a lot more and only for a limited period of time.

Edit: I checked and you can, but it's a pain in the butt. Hopefully they make it easy with version 2.[/quote]
Well... What do you do when those 35 year old consoles break? I know they don't have hard drives, but things happen. How about the batteries for the cartridges? If you want to keep a system around that long you are going to have to figure things out yourself or hope that somebody in the gaming community does.

Well... What do you do when those 35 year old consoles break? I know they don't have hard drives, but things happen. How about the batteries for the cartridges? If you want to keep a system around that long you are going to have to figure things out yourself or hope that somebody in the gaming community does.
Fix them. The older they the easier they are to fix since they typically use off the shelf parts. They also sell batteries that you'd use in an NES at Walgreens, so that's an easy fix. (I buy cheaper ones online) Even the PS2 is typically easy since the part that usually goes bad is the laser.

The concern I had, which turned out to be unfounded, was that they may have tried to embed the OS and make it irreplaceable by the end user. It turns out you can do iy, but it's not am easy repair.

[quote name="KillerRamen" post="12903495" timestamp="1441391683"]Fix them. The older they the easier they are to fix since they typically use off the shelf parts. They also sell batteries that you'd use in an NES at Walgreens, so that's an easy fix. (I buy cheaper ones online) Even the PS2 is typically easy since the part that usually goes bad is the laser.

The concern I had, which turned out to be unfounded, was that they may have tried to embed the OS and make it irreplaceable by the end user. It turns out you can do iy, but it's not am easy repair.[/quote]
That's what I mean. There will always be groups that study the hardware and put together fixes. The difficulty might vary. The thing is it isn't up to Microsoft to make a product easy for you to repair. Look at how most phones are glued together now which makes things very difficult to repair yourself. Their responsibility is to produce a product that maximizes their profits. You may say that it would be simple to make a console with a swappable drive but that also means they have to completely redesign the shell, produce instructions and an OS that will format it, design the interior so it is easily removed without damaging anything else, etc. A lot of companies are finding that it is just cheaper to make a product that is locked down. Hell, I broke my phone and Motorola doesn't even bother fixing it anymore. They just send you a new one.

It's like the first preview update in a month too.
It is... I really didn't even think about that until you mentioned it. My guess is because of all the work being put into the fall redesign or whatever the huge one is supposed to be.

bread's done
Back