Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

So the last bundle is indeed a black xbox 1tb with fallout. Feel like they dropped the ball not making a speical console with it. Ovet all these bundles were kinda lackluster but that's just me. The rare replay/gears seems like the best value followed closely by tomb raider than fallout.

The lego bundle is kind of a head scratcher and I dont know wtf they were thinking with the kinect bundle.
Wonder if I should bag "Rise Of the Tomb Raider" download card from one of these consoles or the disc version for BF. The latter will likely be $30, maybe $35 anyway.

images.jpeg

Didn't think they would have a fallout bundle but there it is..  

Anybody get the new dashboard update through the preview program? Anyone have a ton of problems with the install?

It downloads fine but constantly hangs up during install, a hard reset will bring the 'applying update' screen back up and when it finishes it just brings up the old dashboard again. And I can't connect to the internet because doing so requires the update and the cycle begins again.

I recommend against the new update if you still have the ability to opt out. If it doesn't completely crash during install like mine I hear the whole thing is basically a glitch fest.

I was going to opt out of it today when I got home from work but the update already pushed through on my console :(

[quote name="STEVE05" post="12951615" timestamp="1443924906"]Anybody get the new dashboard update through the preview program? Anyone have a ton of problems with the install?

It downloads fine but constantly hangs up during install, a hard reset will bring the 'applying update' screen back up and when it finishes it just brings up the old dashboard again. And I can't connect to the internet because doing so requires the update and the cycle begins again.

I recommend against the new update if you still have the ability to opt out. If it doesn't completely crash during install like mine I hear the whole thing is basically a glitch fest.

I was going to opt out of it today when I got home from work but the update already pushed through on my console :([/quote]
I've had no issues since being in it (wave 2 of invites) with installs. Minor issues with the actual OS, but nothing that a hard reboot can't fix in most cases. The updates do take time to install. Have you left it for some time to install? They're seemingly slower than previous installs, but this is most likely due to the size of these updates.

Yep, I gave it 45 minutes and it doesn't move an inch the first time. Second time gave it probably an hour and a half and it didn't move an inch.

On the forums a bunch of people are having the same problem so I do think it hangs up. It's always at the same point too (maybe the 60% point?)

Yep, I gave it 45 minutes and it doesn't move an inch the first time. Second time gave it probably an hour and a half and it didn't move an inch.

On the forums a bunch of people are having the same problem so I do think it hangs up. It's always at the same point too (maybe the 60% point?)
Exact same thing here. I let it sit for an hour and no progress. Hard powered off, unplugged it for a minute and it just went back to the old dash and wouldn't connect to live. Going into settings, it wouldn't even me select Update.

I just powered it off a little while ago and let it sit for awhile and now it's updating. Currently at about 80%, saying "Preparing Console"... :pray:

UPDATE: And we are updated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you have any hangups at all with the install this time around? Approximately how long did it take?

On the forums they supposedly found an issue and pushed out a new update for download so maybe you got that one and it finally worked.

I'm downloading a new update now...I'm hoping this works. Just want this nightmare to end!

I blew through the install in just a few minutes (maybe 5 or so).

But now my XB1 isn't reading discs and keeps giving me an error.  fuck me.  This update better not have broke my system, it's a Day One and way out of warranty.

I'm stuck at the same point again. I tried doing soft resets this time to see if it would work...but nope!

My first weekend off in a long time too, ughh, it's so frustrating.

I blew through the install in just a few minutes (maybe 5 or so).

But now my XB1 isn't reading discs and keeps giving me an error. fuck me. This update better not have broke my system, it's a Day One and way out of warranty.
When it first released I read it wasn't compadible with a bunch of games and apps, not sure if this has since been fixed.

[quote name="sp00ge" post="12951674" timestamp="1443928734"]I blew through the install in just a few minutes (maybe 5 or so).

But now my XB1 isn't reading discs and keeps giving me an error. fuck me. This update better not have broke my system, it's a Day One and way out of warranty.[/quote]
Try angling your Xbox so that the disc drive is elevated while the back end is lower while putting in a disc. I've had that issue in the past, and that solution fixed it. The issue is the disc drive is weak and may not have the disc go in completely.

Does anyone know how to see what save files we have saved to the 'cloud'? I'm thinking my last resort is to do a system factory reset and I want to make sure I don't lose my game saves. I can deal with re-downloading my games, just can't lose my saves!

Try angling your Xbox so that the disc drive is elevated while the back end is lower while putting in a disc. I've had that issue in the past, and that solution fixed it. The issue is the disc drive is weak and may not have the disc go in completely.
And that fixed it. Thanks!

However, does this mean the drive is on its way out?

[quote name="sp00ge" post="12951709" timestamp="1443930846"]And that fixed it. Thanks!

However, does this mean the drive is on its way out? [/quote]
Mine has been like that for months. I think it's not a big deal. It may be a bad sign, but probably just means you have to angle it and url be fine for some time.

I recently purchased a new Xbox One Gears bundle off of ebay for a great price. I do have an odd question about the transaction that someone may be able to shed light on for me.

I was surprised to receive delivery on last Sunday and noticed that the seller had simply dropped-shipped from Amazon. The console was new, so I'm not sure how the seller makes money doing this sort of thing. Anyone have any ideas? It was at a $35 discount off of MSRP, so it's puzzling as to what the seller's business model may be.

Apologies for the odd question, but it's something that puzzled me.

I recently purchased a new Xbox One Gears bundle off of ebay for a great price. I do have an odd question about the transaction that someone may be able to shed light on for me.

I was surprised to receive delivery on last Sunday and noticed that the seller had simply dropped-shipped from Amazon. The console was new, so I'm not sure how the seller makes money doing this sort of thing. Anyone have any ideas? It was at a $35 discount off of MSRP, so it's puzzling as to what the seller's business model may be.

Apologies for the odd question, but it's something that puzzled me.
I'd guess it was someone cashing out Amazon credit. How much feedback do they have?

I'd guess it was someone cashing out Amazon credit. How much feedback do they have?
Over 800 and selling since 2008.

I should have added that they sold over 150 of these bundles. Obviously I don't know if the seller dropped shipped all of those as well, but if they did, that's a ton of Amazon credit to burn.

I did purchase at the end of the sale, so it's possible that the seller oversold and had to buy one from Amazon to make up the difference in stock.

Still, when I contacted them regarding shipping, they said that their "partners" use UPS, Fedex, and USPS for shipping, depending on nearest shipping center, and only sent a shipment confirmation two days after the package was actually delivered. That hints that they use Amazon frequently.

I'm spending too much thought on this, but it's just so weird.

Anyone else check out Transformers Devastation yet? I've been playing it on the One and I've gotta to say the game is surprisingly really good! The gameplay is very similar to Bayonetta and the presentation and style is true the original cartoon. I can't recommend this game enough for anyone who is a fan of G1 Transformers or anyone just looking for a solid action game from the masters at Platinum Games. It's a shame Activison isn't doing much to market this game. 

Oh that is awesome. Being able to remap the default controls in Final Fantasy Type-0 would have been a godsend. :/
Yeah, it could actually save some games where the controls just don't work or are really awkward to get used to.

I also have a buddy who's left handed, who previously was really excited about the remapping on the Elite controller, who's now ecstatic with all the controllers getting that feature.

Okay, so this is a weird experience I'm having (that I don't think warrants it's own thread).  I purchased the Michael Jordan version of 2k16 physically (100% did not buy it digitally as judged by my purchase history) the day it came out, and just realized I have been playing it for the last few days without the disk inside the system.  Has this happened to anyone before?  

Okay, so this is a weird experience I'm having (that I don't think warrants it's own thread). I purchased the Michael Jordan version of 2k16 physically (100% did not buy it digitally as judged by my purchase history) the day it came out, and just realized I have been playing it for the last few days without the disk inside the system. Has this happened to anyone before?
Yep, I bought mine at midnight the 25th, Jordan edition. Ended up trading it in for 38.50 for best buy and can still play. Don't know if it's going to be patched or they gave us a regular game license but I have it on my home xbox.

Of course as I am about to get ready for bed, my xbox says it needs to update to the new dashboard. Going to let it run overnight, see what happens since it will take about 1-2 hours to download the update.

Is there any guides to the new dashboard, I tried it at my GF's and I immediately was lost.

[quote name="Sir_Fragalot" post="12967870" timestamp="1444792937"]Of course as I am about to get ready for bed, my xbox says it needs to update to the new dashboard. Going to let it run overnight, see what happens since it will take about 1-2 hours to download the update.

Is there any guides to the new dashboard, I tried it at my GF's and I immediately was lost.[/quote]
There are some tutorials built in when you first launch it. I don't think it details everything. Best bet is to get your hands dirty.

I seem to have a new problem every day with the NXE that is stopping me from really getting a chance to check out the new interface.  First it appeared to brick the system, then after fixing that I was unable to sign into live from an ethernet connection.  Now yesterday it wouldn't let me sign into live at all on my main GT but my alt worked fine.  I have been in the preview program for a long time so I'm used to having some issues with the releases, but this new dash doesn't appear to be anywhere near close to being ready to roll out to the masses.

I would like to thank Microsoft for basically having it where your console wont brick if the install fuck 's up. Had the 60% glitch when I got up. Powered it off, and on and it reverted back. I turned the system off because I was going to update it after work but it magically updated while at work.

I had the same problem with my Win 10 install oddly enough. Except Win 10 was like 30% done.

Wonder how much bigger RotTR is going to be than its predecessor.

30-40 hrs is what i like to hear, but I don't want a ton of fluff. Would be satisfied with a amazing 20 hour main storyline.

[quote name="blueweltall" post="12969451" timestamp="1444873546"]How are you suppose to view your download history?[/quote]
You can view purchased games in My Games and Apps. Scroll all the way to the right of the games section to see any that aren't installed. I'm not sure if there is a way to see a history like on 360.

Wonder how much bigger RotTR is going to be than its predecessor. 30-40 hrs is what i like to hear, but I don't want a ton of fluff. Would be satisfied with a amazing 20 hour main storyline.
30-40 hours is waaaaay too long for an action/adventure game. 10-12 hours is about right for mainstory and 20 hours max to do everything.

I'm not buying it day one to begin with, but that's not enough content for me to justify buying a game at $60.

Value. Halo 5 will take like 6 hours to beat, but I'll get hundreds of hours of gameplay from the MP.

Games like Arkham Knight or Shadows of Mordor I wouldn't buy until its like $20.

Yeah they said Halo 5's campaign is quite meaty. I understand what your saying with value and is one of the reasons I still haven't picked up The Witcher 3. In an inversely weird way that game had way too much for me to handle atm lol. I'm still playing the DLC for Dragon Age Inquisition and finishing up Far Cry 4 & Fallout 3.

Those damn open world games get me every time.

Yeah they said Halo 5's campaign is quite meaty. I understand what your saying with value and is one of the reasons I still haven't picked up The Witcher 3. In an inversely weird way that game had way too much for me to handle atm lol. I'm still playing the DLC for Dragon Age Inquisition and finishing up Far Cry 4 & Fallout 3.

Those damn open world games get me every time.
Yeah I always get burnt out by those side quests in those games. Keep telling myself to just do the main story but I always ended up doing a lot of the side quests and would get burnt out. I probably put hundreds of hours in Skyrim, Fallout 3, and Dragon Age Inquisition but I never saw the ending. No way am I going to finish those games now that Fallout 4 is coming out soon.

bread's done
Back