Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

this just answer my question so what is the problem here? i think it's amazing that all your save game files and such is saved on the cloud. Which means if you go to another person house you can play your saved game or if you buy a new system you don't lose all your saved progress.
For the majority of users, there won't be a problem. Well, there could be a problem. The "Cloud" is just a buzzword meaning a permanent server farm. Your save data is getting uploaded to a server. The issue is that your progress data is no longer under your control. If something happens to that server, your save data is at the mercy of Microsoft's support department. If they aren't able to retrieve that data, you're out of luck. Better hope they're backing up those cloud servers regularly.

It could provide all XBox One users with seamless transfers. But by not giving them any other options for backing up data, they are tying them to the on-line system. Your gaming progression is at the pleasure of Microsoft.

It can be very difficult to accept a system that operates on the assumption of a steady, stable connection to the internet. It's the reason why net-books still haven't taken off. It's great in theory. But we've all seen enough internet outages and lapses in service to know that it is quite a bit different in practice.

For the majority of users, there won't be a problem. Well, there could be a problem. The "Cloud" is just a buzzword meaning a permanent server farm. Your save data is getting uploaded to a server. The issue is that your progress data is no longer under your control. If something happens to that server, your save data is at the mercy of Microsoft's support department. If they aren't able to retrieve that data, you're out of luck. Better hope they're backing up those cloud servers regularly.

It could provide all XBox One users with seamless transfers. But by not giving them any other options for backing up data, they are tying them to the on-line system. Your gaming progression is at the pleasure of Microsoft.

It can be very difficult to accept a system that operates on the assumption of a steady, stable connection to the internet. It's the reason why net-books still haven't taken off. It's great in theory. But we've all seen enough internet outages and lapses in service to know that it is quite a bit different in practice.
your saves are saved local and on cloud so im sure the cloud data is updated from your drive date every time you connect.

your saves are saved local and on cloud so im sure the cloud data is updated from your drive date every time you connect.
Your saves are saved local, but you have no way of accessing them to do with as you please. And as soon as the XBox One determines that they are no longer needed locally, they are disposed of automatically. For average consumers, this isn't going to be a big deal. They don't want to have to deal with any of this themselves. For me it's a little bit more of an issue.

I don't think it's nearly enough to prevent me from getting an XBox One. But as I had already stated I'm going to be waiting for Project Spark anyway. That's the title I'm really excited for. Titanfall may very well end up being a good game. But I'm spoiled for choice when it comes to on-line multiplayer shooters. Solid construction sandboxes are much harder to come by these days.

I was watching the IGN stream earlier and they've already said MS is looking into fixing the storage issues, at least in the sense you can see how much space you have left. My guess is this is something MS will fix/update in the long run based on feedback. They probably weren't expecting the negative reaction.

I'm guessing the feature to invert controls for all games is probably something that would be carried over in the long run or ignored completely. Again, depends on feedback. I hope turning force feedback/vibration is able to be set on or off across all games. I know the 360 had that feature and I always had vibration off.

Anyways one more day to go. Let's see how bad the servers get hammered.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was watching the IGN stream earlier and they've already said MS is looking into fixing the storage issues, at least in the sense you can see how much space you have left. My guess is this is something MS will fix/update in the long run based on feedback. They probably weren't expecting the negative reaction.

I'm guessing the feature to invert controls for all games is probably something that would be carried over in the long run or ignored completely. Again, depends on feedback. I hope turning force feedback/vibration is able to be set on or off across all games. I know the 360 had that feature and I always had vibration off.

Anyways one more day to go. Let's see how bad the servers get hammered.
300 k servers should not get hammered but never know

300 k servers should not get hammered but never know
Well, Microsoft is fully intending to ship a substantial number of units. So those servers are going to be getting hammered one way or another. Whether or not they buckle under the pressure is the real question. It sounds like Micorosoft is giong the overkill route with this "cloud" of theirs, so I'm not expecting it to crash. We might see a few dropped connections in the first hour or so, but I would expect it to be the exception, not the rule. That level of server farm should be able to keep up with the somewhat limited supply of the initial day one units.

Did anyone who pre-ordered from Amazon NOT get a shipped email yet? I had to update my Credit Card (thanks for giving us one day) for the order and the delivery date changed from the 22nd to the 26th. I called them and they fixed it, but I haven't gotten a shipped email yet.

My friend had the same situation happen with his delivery date going to Dec 6(!) and when he called they are telling him it was always that day.

He preordered the Day One edition when I did in June. Is there any way possible he wasn't in on Release Date delivery?

Did anyone who pre-ordered from Amazon NOT get a shipped email yet? I had to update my Credit Card (thanks for giving us one day) for the order and the delivery date changed from the 22nd to the 26th. I called them and they fixed it, but I haven't gotten a shipped email yet.

My friend had the same situation happen with his delivery date going to Dec 6(!) and when he called they are telling him it was always that day.

He preordered the Day One edition when I did in June. Is there any way possible he wasn't in on Release Date delivery?
I preordered back in June as well and mine is only "Preparing for Shipment" as of this morning... fingers crossed!

Well that licks sack. For some reason my credit card declined it, but I changed it over to my other card as soon as I got the email last night. So this morning it said "preparing to ship" with a estimate of the 26th. I sent an email to them, and got a reply back saying "well, card declines cause you to forfeit your release date guarantee, I tried to change it to release date and best I can do is the 25th, sorry". fuck.

Yeah but what about my buddy who got his release date changed and they claimed it was always that? It's day one edition. Even if they sent it normal delivery why would it take 2 weeks?

Mine just shipped tho.

1417598_10152125933412275_2116449493_o.png

lol

Got my shipping notice last night.

Have BF4 all set to go tomorrow. I'm feeling a bit under the weather today so I might not be able to work tomorrow.

:D

Hey guys,

I asked in the other thread but its moving kind of quick and haven't gotten a response but in the Amazon product description for the Xbox One it states:

The product does not come with the converter.

^ what does that mean?

Kind of worried. Mine still says it's delivery date is tomorrow but no updates at all today,..
Well if it's anything like the PS4 launch, mine did not ship until 7PM on Thursday and I received on Friday afternoon. So I wouldn't worry about it just yet.

P.S. My X1 has yet to ship as well but I'm not too concerned.

Well if it's anything like the PS4 launch, mine did not ship until 7PM on Thursday and I received on Friday afternoon. So I wouldn't worry about it just yet.

P.S. My X1 has yet to ship as well but I'm not too concerned.
Mine now says shipped! :)

Are there really no games, for the most part, coming out until Titanfall in March for the Xbox 1? That's kind of sad. If it weren't for BF 4 I definitely would have skipped both of these consoles for a few months

Are there really no games, for the most part, coming out until Titanfall in March for the Xbox 1? That's kind of sad. If it weren't for BF 4 I definitely would have skipped both of these consoles for a few months

Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instincts are enough to buy it to me.

Lol gee let's skip Forza Motorsport 5, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct and Powerstar Golf - aside from getting Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts and NBA2K 14 - because there's really no games for the Xbox One.

o-doyle-rules-billy-madison-costume.jpg
<---- This is what you sound like.

Rev3Games is gonna have a live launch night with the Xbox One, at 12PM. I know they're streaming Gametrailer's coverage on the dashboard at 11PM.

I think a valid complaint (for PS4 as well mind you) is that there is arguably no absolutely must-have title until Titanfall (assuming it delivers of course) but yeah to say there are no good games is a really simplistic view at best. It's pretty much like any console launch, maybe 1 or 2 solid exclusive titles, a lot of perfectly acceptable ports and some downright garbage (which sadly looks to be Crimson Dragon and Lococycle, two games I was pretty interested in. And probably Fighter Within).

Battlefield 4? Really? That's the title that did it for you? The game that's on almost every platform? The game I could already have been playing on my PC? That's what is going to get you into the next generation?

I am skipping these consoles for the moment. I'm a little proud of myself. I managed to resist the launch hype, and am holding off on getting either for the time being. While I wouldn't mind getting either, I will finish some of the chores I have been focusing on first. They'll still be there when I get around to it. I'll snag a PS4 when some of the more prominent indie titles hit, and an XBox One as soon as Project Spark lands. You can keep your Titanfall.

Lol guy who's close to 1M Gamerscore just got a rare White Xbox One from Major Nelson. So you can get stuff from achievements. :bow:
Yeah, not to mention a gold card that gives him lifetime Xbox Live Gold. I'd laugh if that white Xbox ended up on ebay to help pay for all the money he has wasted on games to get that high of a score. It must suck to sit there watching that if you're the guy who was the second most points.

Battlefield 4? Really? That's the title that did it for you? The game that's on almost every platform? The game I could already have been playing on my PC? That's what is going to get you into the next generation?

I am skipping these consoles for the moment. I'm a little proud of myself. I managed to resist the launch hype, and am holding off on getting either for the time being. While I wouldn't mind getting either, I will finish some of the chores I have been focusing on first. They'll still be there when I get around to it. I'll snag a PS4 when some of the more prominent indie titles hit, and an XBox One as soon as Project Spark lands. You can keep your Titanfall.
There's nothing wrong with wanting to play 64 man on consoles, people still get plenty of hours out of it to justify the purchase. I have plenty of friends who prefer controllers over mouse and keyboards. You can keep your indie games though.

I'm sure it will be small numbers like the PS4 HDMI issues, but I'm seeing chatter on the net and YouTube of Xbox One blu-ray drive issues. Anyone on CAG affected?

Yeah, not to mention a gold card that gives him lifetime Xbox Live Gold. I'd laugh if that white Xbox ended up on ebay to help pay for all the money he has wasted on games to get that high of a score. It must suck to sit there watching that if you're the guy who was the second most points.
Hahaha, I know right. I can see that guy's face like you son of a ... :rofl:

Anybody hooking it up through a computer monitor? If anybody is, what are you doing for sound?

Never mind, looks like I can use the same setup as I did with the 360.

So is it true you have to be in the same game to start a party with another person? Can it just be done on the dashboard?

Nevermind. Looks like some people are just having issues.

So is it true you have to be in the same game to start a party with another person? Can it just be done on the dashboard?

Do you mean a random person?

bread's done
Back