Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

that explains why she was playing lol

on other note i wonder if i use my normal mic not kinect mic people will hear me on stream.
I believe Major Nelson was using a normal headset just fine when he showed off the Twitch streaming, and he mentioned you could also use the Kinect, or the microphone as he was.

Yeah streaming is great. Showed off all my games my friend doesn't own. "Glad I didn't buy Spartan Assault. Is that a mobile game? Man  Crimson Dragon is odd.". He's seen it all outside of Skylanders aka crack now lol.

I'm really impressed by the quality. I guess the biggest down side(s) are adjusting all your privacy settings and I'm not sure how I can get a donation/fund run going on the X1, but whatever It's not like I'm going to have a massive amount of views.

Oh and game clips for the win again. Saw some MG Ground Zeroes action despite that game not being out heh.

Hopefully EA has their shit together when I get home from work tomorrow but I have my doubts. Even the PVZ games were somewhat laggy today.

Yeah streaming is great. Showed off all my games my friend doesn't own. "Glad I didn't buy Spartan Assault. Is that a mobile game? Man Crimson Dragon is odd.". He's seen it all outside of Skylanders aka crack now lol.

I'm really impressed by the quality. I guess the biggest down side(s) are adjusting all your privacy settings and I'm not sure how I can get a donation/fund run going on the X1, but whatever It's not like I'm going to have a massive amount of views.

Oh and game clips for the win again. Saw some MG Ground Zeroes action despite that game not being out heh.

Hopefully EA has their shit together when I get home from work tomorrow but I have my doubts. Even the PVZ games were somewhat laggy today.
most twitch people use paypal for donations so just link it on yor twitch page. you can do everything normal twitch streamers do on the website.

The Twitch app is horrible right now. I go to broadcast, and it spins saying "Please wait while we finish testing your internet bandwidth".. A few seconds later and it just goes back to the  "broadcast now / settings" menu. Then everything freezes. Literally, non of my apps are responding. I had to hard reset my Xbox about 8 times in the past two hours trying to get this to work. I've uninstalled/installed Twitch about three times as well but no change.

Not to mention, the Twitch menu is extremely slow. When I click setting, it takes about 45 seconds just to open.

I don't know why I'm having difficulty when it's working for my friends with inferior internet quality. I mean seriously, it was working for my friend with 1.0 upload speed whilst I had 8.3 up speed when I tested it. Am I doing something wrong by paying big money for FiOS Quantam? Maybe it caters to Walmart connections just like most servers these days. Terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep im not able to stream on either. Keeps giving me "Oops, something went wrong!" and then a random code. I saw Timbo trying to stream PvZ and when I tried to join his stream, it just took me to main menu of twitch. Agggggh.

Edit: The Twitch app is making my one freeze when trying to broadcast. Anyone else having this problem? First time my system has froze before today. Happened 3 times so far while trying to broadcast.
Try about 8 times for me in an hour. Literally, no apps work. Can't go from home to any app after the broadcast fails. It's glitching my entire Xbox and forcing me to hard reset it which is probably dangerous for the console.

Xbox strikes again with their 'rushed release with no care about beta testing' policy.

Might be a dumb question but, Is it normal for streams on my xb1 to not look as good as when i watch them on my laptop? I'm guessing better resolutions on PCs? The only time it looks clear is between matches when nothings going on lol

Might be a dumb question but, Is it normal for streams on my xb1 to not look as good as when i watch them on my laptop? I'm guessing better resolutions on PCs? The only time it looks clear is between matches when nothings going on lol
I usually just have it set as default when I'm watching Twitch on my PC but just learned via watching the Titanfall Twitch Event thing that all you have to do is switch the quality to source and it's crystal clear. I don't know if there's an equivalent on the Xbox though, that and quality of streams are usually related to the bandwidth being able to be pulled down at that moment.

Question. I just picked up a headset today and I was wondering..is there a way to mute the TV audio without muting the headset? I know you could use "Xbox Mute" but then I have the muted symbol stuck on my TV.

Question. I just picked up a headset today and I was wondering..is there a way to mute the TV audio without muting the headset? I know you could use "Xbox Mute" but then I have the muted symbol stuck on my TV.
You could press the down arrow on the volume remote. Unfortunately, XBOX is not as smart as PS4. My Sony headphones automatically mute my receiver when I use them.

at this point in life of twitch if your a new streamer now it's pretty much hard to get decent views last night i had 35 at once but that was playing pvz. i would say tons more are streaming titanfall today so hard to find people.

at this point in life of twitch if your a new streamer now it's pretty much hard to get decent views last night i had 35 at once but that was playing pvz. i would say tons more are streaming titanfall today so hard to find people.
Yea, Titanfall is gonna bring in some big viewer counts for Twitch. I'm thinking about streaming everyday with a twitch schedule. Undecided yet.

I know I'm super late to the party, but just this night I decided to try out snapping video again because I rarely use it. Had to admit it was really nice and I'll probably use it more often now, I watched some Netflix while flipping through Titanfall, and while I didn't do as good as I would have alone, it was a lot of fun. Also not sure if this is a recent change or not but I seem to remember people saying you couldn't mute them individually but I was able to mute the game while Netflix's audio continued on.

Getting a new cable box soon so I'll finally be able to hook it up to my Xbox One and try out the TV features.

Stallion83 on twitter just hit 1M Gamerscore while playing Titanfall so I guess he can cross that off his bucket list or something. He was broadcasting it on Twitch.

Leeeeeeroooooooy Jeeeeenkins!
His last achievement to get to 1M flat.

Cox-gamerscore-960x623.jpg

I think Gamestop just emailed me 2 free digital codes for Froza 5. How long are the codes for digital copies of Xbox One games? Is it 25 or 50 characters long?

Could anyone possibly help me troubleshoot my Xbox One, I can't get it to work with my Cable Box. I can use the controller fine to browse channels, but the Kinect commands aren't working, they either won't go to the channel I ask it to, or it keeps going to channel 0 and bringing up the Comcast on demand overlay.

Could anyone possibly help me troubleshoot my Xbox One, I can't get it to work with my Cable Box. I can use the controller fine to browse channels, but the Kinect commands aren't working, they either won't go to the channel I ask it to, or it keeps going to channel 0 and bringing up the Comcast on demand overlay.
i have heard issues with comcast boxes in past.

I have directv and can't get the kinect commands to work either might be because i have everything running through my Onkyo receiver. Also xbox doesnt turn on tv. Kind of annoying

Just curious, how'd you get two free copies of forza 5 through gamestop? haha
Promo. Anyone who buys a non titanfall bundle gets Forza 5 DL code. Its M$'s other bundle.

Oh and hopefully some CAGs can help me.

I can't be logged into both my Xbox One and 360 under the same profile. I also can't log into 360 shortly after I shut my One down. Basically it's acting like the One is a 360 console and locking me out for a short period.

Even after I log out of my One and get logged into the 360 it will log me out about every 30 minutes. This could be due to M$ background checks even when "off" on the One if they are still implemented.

Anyone else have this problem?

[quote name="Jimmienoman" post="11611606" timestamp="1394836578"]Promo. Anyone who buys a non titanfall bundle gets Forza 5 DL code. Its M$'s other bundle.

Oh and hopefully some CAGs can help me.

I can't be logged into both my Xbox One and 360 under the same profile. I also can't log into 360 shortly after I shut my One down. Basically it's acting like the One is a 360 console and locking me out for a short period.

Even after I log out of my One and get logged into the 360 it will log me out about every 30 minutes. This could be due to M$ background checks even when "off" on the One if they are still implemented.

Anyone else have this problem?[/quote]There are no checks if you have it registered as you main console. If it isn't it checks once every 24 hours. You should be able to log in on both simultaneously. I'm wondering if you have some port forwarding set up on your router or UPnP causing conflicts. The systems use overlapping ports which could cause issues.

There are no checks if you have it registered as you main console. If it isn't it checks once every 24 hours. You should be able to log in on both simultaneously. I'm wondering if you have some port forwarding set up on your router or UPnP causing conflicts. The systems use overlapping ports which could cause issues.
Yeh I checked that out also. I can get it to reset if I unplug my One for 15 seconds and wait a couple minutes on router to clear it from the system.

Gonna have to delve a little deeper to see if its a live issue or on my side.

[quote name="Jimmienoman" post="11611682" timestamp="1394838599"]Yeh I checked that out also. I can get it to reset if I unplug my One for 15 seconds and wait a couple minutes on router to clear it from the system.

Gonna have to delve a little deeper to see if its a live issue or on my side.[/quote]
Yeah, that definitely sounds like a router issue. If you don't have UPnP turned on try that. I know it helped me and took care of my NAT issues. If you do turn it on make sure you turn off any port forwarding. UPnP should take care of any port forwarding for you automatically.

Not that something like this *really* needs a review, but here's mine anyway...

Titanfall Limited Edition Controller Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvLnsZMQoxI
I picked up on your note that it would have been nice if there was something of tangible value for that extra $5. Being a fan of the avatars, I immediately thought of an avatar shirt or prop or something. Then I realized, they didn't put out ANY avatar stuff for Titanfall.

That seems like a clear sign that they are, at best, casually letting avatars hang around and, at worst, actively phasing them out. That would have been an easy money maker if they were interested in keeping avatars as a "thing" in the Xbox Live ecosystem.

Yeah I think they're going to let Avatars phase out unless any ID@Xbox games utilize them. Yeah, I could see a small Titan as a prop, Titan pilot helmets and all that jazz. Wonder if the 360 will get any of that since Avatars are mainly 360?

The reality that they are pretty pointless on the X1 is one of the few things that annoys the heck out of me about the X1 dash.  I like that little guy and it made my friends list seem more active and "alive" for lack of a better way to put it.  Or, maybe, "personal" or "Personable" are better ways to put it. 

Eh, whatever, it's all about the games.  And that we have on the X1, fo sho.

Thanks for checking out the controller review, guys. An avatar item would have been cool indeed.

Xbox One Media Remote review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxv4EnG8x_A

Let's just pretend I didn't let an editing mistake slip through in the video... Hectic day yesterday.

Good review, once again! That looks like a slick remote, but it's a shame that it doesn't have more useful buttons.

And I looked to see if I was online in your video when you were buzzing through your friends list. :p

I was looking at the remote, but even though I prefer actual controllers to voice/motion, I do use the kinect when watching movies and never had issues. It's nice they add the option though, sometimes the xbox controller can be a bit confusing.

Having no shine at all and with the buttons blacked out when not in use, the media remote is a BITCH to find on my black couch. I'm gonna have to put some white markings on it or something lol

GDC is tomorrow. Hopefully we get some new info about Quantum Break at least by the end of the week.
I really wanted to attend this year, but I had a family wedding that I had to prioritize. If all goes well, I should be able to take a week off and attend in 2015. I got to go in 2010, and had a pretty good time, but I didn't want to go again until I could afford the full pass. The lower-cost expo pass just doesn't allow for attending enough panels. The show floor is pretty neat, but I would really like to attend more of the panels and speeches.

GDC usually doesn't generate that much news for game players. But for amateur developers such as myself there are all sorts of exciting announcements to be gleaned. This is actually one of the more exciting news weeks of the year for me. I'm currently working with Unity, so I can't wait to hear what new developments they are bringing to the table.

I'm currently working with Unity, so I can't wait to hear what new developments they are bringing to the table.
Speak of the devil. Unity formally announced that Unity 5 is on its way. Granted, another major numbered Unity release is about as predictable as the sun rising. But it's still fun for me to hear about what new features are going to be available in the coming update.

Also, this is going to be a big deal for indie games targeting the XBox One. Unity is easily one of the most popular and affordable engines for smaller developers. When it gets more features indie developers everywhere benefit from it.

bread's done
Back