Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

He didn't say anything about "freaking out"....he just made a comment.  He even added a "lol" for grins.  No reason for this to escalate. 

This isn't an issue, just a personal preference. I have a sticky note over my webcam on my laptop & tablets because I never use the cameras or I just replace it when I do. It'd be cool if you could get the shutter closing on our tech but I'm guessing they don't have a top secret military budget haha.

StargateIrisAnimation.gif

So just recently I decided to give the TV Calibration a go since I saw another CAG talking about it.

I must say, it might just be a placebo but my games look SO much better. Not only that but as I was adjusting the picture size portion, I realized I've had my TV set on the wrong mode, because the green arrows were way out of my display. So now I can actually see the edges of things.....

So just recently I decided to give the TV Calibration a go since I saw another CAG talking about it.

I must say, it might just be a placebo but my games look SO much better. Not only that but as I was adjusting the picture size portion, I realized I've had my TV set on the wrong mode, because the green arrows were way out of my display. So now I can actually see the edges of things.....
I never had any of my TV's properly calibrated, but I took the advice from a user on another forum and switched my HDMI input name from GAME to PC and it made a huge difference in image quality. I recommend everyone giving it a try. It only works on HDMI 1, so make sure your using that port.

Almost opens your eyes doesn't it. I know they have a service which that's all they do is calibrate people's TVs because they either weren't, were done but not set perfectly or the store calibrated it in comparison to another model sitting right next to the thing.

And Asspickle, I don't think that's a general thing as "GAME" input is probably just the name given by your TV but having a specific input dedicated might be a thing. I'm on PC for my Xbox 360, audio related, and HDMI 3 for my Xbox One just because HDMI 3 is close to PC, I am realllly lazy haha.

In-fact that's one of the tech dilemmas I've come across now. I've got the Xbox 360, via VGA adapter, fed through a 5.1 surround sound setup, with my laptop fed to it too, but with the Xbox One's HDMI video/audio going to just the TV. Sooo, I have great visuals but my sound isn't surround unfortunately if I'm playing Xbox One. I don't know how, or if it's even possible, to pass the sound to my speakers from the Xbox One.

Last edited by a moderator:
So it looks like the one of the leak from ntkrnl was true.

http://www.continue-play.com/news/halo-2-anniversary-pre-order-leak/
More than one actually.

Titanfall-Xbox-One1.jpg

I liked what Kyle Bossman said, skip to the 4 min mark, on his episode about it: Xbox One Leaks (The Good Kind?!)

I'm really looking forward to Halo 2 Anv, Halo 4 HD Re-release, Forza Horizons sequel, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, and all the multiplatform games-Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition- heading to Xbox One. I think we've got a healthy gaming library shaping up here.

halo 2 had amazing online gaemplay if they bring that goodness to hd remake im all over it for a decent price. i would pay like 20-30 for it not more then that.

I hope that rumor Limited edition 1TB Xbox One after November is true. 500gb is not going to cut it this time around.

I'm also excited for Halo 2 anniversary, Quantum Break, Destiny, Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain, and the next Mass Effect.

So it looks like the one of the leak from ntkrnl was true.

http://www.continue-play.com/news/halo-2-anniversary-pre-order-leak/

More than one actually.

Titanfall-Xbox-One1.jpg

I liked what Kyle Bossman said, skip to the 4 min mark, on his episode about it: Xbox One Leaks (The Good Kind?!)

I'm really looking forward to Halo 2 Anv, Halo 4 HD Re-release, Forza Horizons sequel, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, and all the multiplatform games-Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition- heading to Xbox One. I think we've got a healthy gaming library shaping up here.
but won't that make the discless xbox one without a physical disc tray also a possibility based on that rumor?

I really hope that Halo 2 Anniversary CE rumor is true.  Having the Halo collection, with a totally remade Halo 2 and "HD-er" 3 and 4 on the X1 would be way too cool.

What's the best deal for an Xbox one? I see the titanfall bundle is 449.99 but not really interested in the titanfall just want the xbox one with a controller and cod.

What's the best deal for an Xbox one? I see the titanfall bundle is 449.99 but not really interested in the titanfall just want the xbox one with a controller and cod.
Buy that bundle, sell Titanfall, and buy CoD. You'll probably make more selling Titanfall than you'll pay for CoD. As far as I know there is no CoD bundle. At least not that's been on sale for $450.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/31/5566186/phil-spencer-head-microsoft-xbox-division

pretty excited about this move he was the guy i was hoping would take over. He has been with ms for 25 years so is great sign for xbox division as hole it will keep going. I having a feeling this move might give us more ms studio first party games seeing he ran that div until now can only hope.
yeah, he's the one guy at MS that everyone really likes. They asked him about the hypothetical halo 2 anniversary and he said if it does exist, they'd have to nail the multiplayer like in the original.

great news.

Ok got the Kinect to work for Kinect Rivals as apparently I had it up too high (worked for everything else but when I re-positioned it I was able to start the race). And low and behold I saved some seconds off my best lap, fun game but I wish there'd be a Wave Racer HD title out in the wild too.

20140331_144944.jpg

Ok got the Kinect to work for Kinect Rivals as apparently I had it up too high (worked for everything else but when I re-positioned it I was able to start the race). And low and behold I saved some seconds off my best lap, fun game but I wish there'd be a Wave Racer HD title out in the wild too.
Slightly out of focus... Hurts my eyes....

Good time though. ~ ~

spencer is in this to win it according to him. I can not wait for e3 this guy is going to make a 360 with xbox one for the better.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/31/microsoft-we-are-in-this-to-win-focusing-on-games-at-e3

game devs are even going crazy over this hire seeing they love the guy. even a sony dev studio is saying it was the right hire.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/31/phil-spencers-promotion-to-xbox-chief-causes-enthusiastic-reactions-between-developers-of-all-camps/
I would hope he would say they want to be the best system, lol.

Is there an update in the works for low power pass-through?  So I can still watch TV without having XBOX ONE on?  I currently do not use HDMI IN for this reason.

Maybe post about it on Xbox forums in case others aren't asking for it. I've seen nothing about it being in the works.

Is there an update in the works for low power pass-through? So I can still watch TV without having XBOX ONE on? I currently do not use HDMI IN for this reason.
Things like this would make sense, but seemed to be overlooked along with other simple things like muting snapped apps/main app separately etc.

April update seems to finally be addressing more of the simple things (like the muting options), but it was just stupid to release it without these features since they touted the features to begin with.

Well I tried my hand at Twitch today, lol had a very bad race in Forza 5 because 3 people were watching... Got Gold Championship though.

With the Xbox One gaining some momentum after stellar launches like PvZ: Garden WarfareTitanfall, and the discounted Titanfall Xbox One bundle, Microsoft plans to plans to make further improvements to the new console.

The latest bits of info comes as good news to Xbox One owners who find their hard drives quickly filling up with games, apps, and other updates. According to Xbox Live’s Major Nelson in a recent Reddit post, external storage support is incoming.

“Lot’s of good work going on to make the console even better – some you’ll see soon, some will show up later. But: it is all good stuff :)” he said.

“External game storage is coming soon,” he added.

Unfortunately, no ETA was announced. However, when more information surfaces on when we can expect the external game storage to be made available for purchase, we’ll be sure to update you guys.

Are you an Xbox One owner in need of additional storage space?

Be on the look out for more Xbox One announcements from newly appointed Xbox Head Phil Spencer at this year’s E3.

Sorry, don't mean to post this here but I'm very excited, I just broke 80K Gamerscore! I'm so jazzed, I don't think I'll be able to go to sleep haha.

The catch for external storage will probably be another size limit like on Xbox 360, which I'd like to see them address in an update at some point to make me care about buying anything on XBL for the rest of its life. The Xbox 360 is basically the PS2 with the limit on external drives if you own a lot of games.

Strike Suit Zero comes out on Wednesday. The game will cost $20 at launch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYOoRPhXHzY

[quote name="FriskyTanuki" post="11667093" timestamp="1396626402"]The catch for external storage will probably be another size limit like on Xbox 360, which I'd like to see them address in an update at some point to make me care about buying anything on XBL for the rest of its life. The Xbox 360 is basically the PS2 with the limit on external drives if you own a lot of games.[/quote]
I thought they said there would be no limit when they talked about it at e3. Too bad that was almost a year ago now so my memory is vague. They aren't selling hard drives so I don't know what the benefit of limiting external storage would be.

I doubt they go proprietary on drives.

The real money to be made isn't in selling the drives, the real money will be made filling the drives with content.  This isn't to say they won't have their own line of "official MS Xbox One" drives that will be overpriced for the amount of storage they offer (but will offer the obsessive a drive that matches the look of their console), but I don't think they want too many barriers to people adding storage space.

Sony learned their lesson about proprietary memory after the PS2 era (if only they had extended that lesson over into the Vita, it might not be foundering so badly) - time for MS to make that same step.

I doubt they go proprietary on drives.

The real money to be made isn't in selling the drives, the real money will be made filling the drives with content. This isn't to say they won't have their own line of "official MS Xbox One" drives that will be overpriced for the amount of storage they offer (but will offer the obsessive a drive that matches the look of their console), but I don't think they want too many barriers to people adding storage space.

Sony learned their lesson about proprietary memory after the PS2 era (if only they had extended that lesson over into the Vita, it might not be foundering so badly) - time for MS to make that same step.
I hope not too. The Xbox 360 external 32gb usb stick was pretty pricey and there is no current easy way to replace the hdd in the Xbox One.

So I now have the friend signed on indicators coming through my Xbox One. I like that you can set it to favorites only. I also think it only shows friends who sign onto Xbox One and not Live overall.

I thought they said there would be no limit when they talked about it at e3. Too bad that was almost a year ago now so my memory is vague. They aren't selling hard drives so I don't know what the benefit of limiting external storage would be.
I don't know what they've said, but the lack of replaceable internal hard drive doesn't fill me with confidence about the external drive support.

bread's done
Back