Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

Decided to install Crackle and... I just unlocked the Boob-Tuber achievement through Crackle watching The Doorman Seinfeld episode haha, (watch a show on crackle), also known as The Bro episode.  :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
that was before they were getting kicked in the behind by 3:1 margin in system sales by sony. MS is going to do everything they can to sell systems and for most people it's a huge feature for external drives.
What have they done so far that has been consumer friendly post X1? Everything I can think of should have been included at launch. You are so optimistic but I'm not seeing anything other then this "temporary" 2 day.... 2 week... whatever sale on hardware at certain retailers.

I know they are getting better from the "no WiFi, no external storage, no bluetooth, no Blu-ray" days of early 360 consoles but you seem to think there is some magic lightbulb that has gone on. I think they're doing fine and I think they believe they are doing fine and I don't see them going to great lengths to provide a better experience from what the X1 currently provides.

I mean just look at the official X1 media remote. Are you kidding me? Horrible horrible design.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Media-Remote/dp/B00IAVDPSA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396759028&sr=8-1&keywords=Xbox+One+media+remote

What have they done so far that has been consumer friendly post X1? Everything I can think of should have been included at launch. You are so optimistic but I'm not seeing anything other then this "temporary" 2 day.... 2 week... whatever sale on hardware at certain retailers.

I know they are getting better from the "no WiFi, no external storage, no bluetooth, no Blu-ray" days of early 360 consoles but you seem to think there is some magic lightbulb that has gone on. I think they're doing fine and I think they believe they are doing fine and I don't see them going to great lengths to provide a better experience from what the X1 currently provides.

I mean just look at the official X1 media remote. Are you kidding me? Horrible horrible design.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Media-Remote/dp/B00IAVDPSA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396759028&sr=8-1&keywords=Xbox+One+media+remote
ps4 is missing alot of features that should have been on the system at launch also. Both systems feel like they were rushed to market and lets be honest both systems are not worth buying right now with the limited games for the systems. I don't see anything that is not consumer freindly in the system do you? 360 added many features as the system life went on and got better i expect that to be the same for x1. When it comes to system ui i feel ms has the best and later down the road will b ethe best seeing they are a software company. One downside for me with say ps3 was the ui that never change and was just bland.

What have they done so far that has been consumer friendly post X1? Everything I can think of should have been included at launch.
Geee I don't even know why they've updated the system at all. Dude, holding onto the past is a good sure way to become a bitter person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AYil9yd0Dmw

Good that they acknowledge their mistakes and sounds like we're in for a lot this year.

I like him, too, and I think he's a great choice to take over as the head of XBox.  It's very encouraging to hear him talk with so much emphasis on gaming.  I'm excited to see that emphasis in action, and I'm looking forward to seeing what Microsoft shows at E3.

Phil Spencer is probably the best choice (internally) for Microsoft right now in terms of who should lead the XBox Brand. He is very knowledgeable about the whole XBox Product and quite open to the fans and haters alike.

As for the X1 updates? I am quite imrpessed with the pace MS has been putting out updates. Looking at the April update I believe the only thing that is lacking for me so far from the 360 is probably a quick guide button. It was still much easier to get to my achivements and friends on the 360. Outside of that it seems like every feature I wanted is coming out through updates.

Well except custom sound tracks :(

I am also curious to see if MS will allow full 3TB+ for external USB storage. I know for certain sometime next year I will *NEED* space for my games unless I start uninstalling some. I think by early next year my hard drive will be full depending on how much space Batman, Halo and Destiny end up needing. But yeah, Nintendo won the battle with the external storage on the Wii U which is pretty funny actually. They are also the only ones that allow free to play online when both Sony and MS went the money route. Smarter move by MS/Sony IMHO since their live subscription numbers are rather large. Wasn't it 60% gold attachment rate?

Anyone have issues with XBOX NOT reading discs?  I noticed after the update I've been having issues.  I think it's been since Day 1 honestly, but now it's worse.  Call of Duty would not read...took me like 5 times to get it to work.  Then my wife tried a BluRay today, same issue.  Damn system

EDIT:  I seemed to have FIXED it.  I selected the CLEAR PERSISTENT DATA under Disc/BluRay and it worked.  DVDs always worked.  Apparently Titanfall must be DVD, that worked.  

I've been underwhelmed by all the minor glitches.

I am also curious to see if MS will allow full 3TB+ for external USB storage. I know for certain sometime next year I will *NEED* space for my games unless I start uninstalling some. I think by early next year my hard drive will be full depending on how much space Batman, Halo and Destiny end up needing. But yeah, Nintendo won the battle with the external storage on the Wii U which is pretty funny actually. They are also the only ones that allow free to play online when both Sony and MS went the money route. Smarter move by MS/Sony IMHO since their live subscription numbers are rather large. Wasn't it 60% gold attachment rate?
As I stated before, MS has no reason to limit the amount of hard drive space people have - to the contrary, the larger the hard drive, the more stuff they can sell you to cram into it.

And Nintendo is in the same boat this generation that Sony was in the last generation: Their online service simply cannot fully compete with the competition, so they really can't charge a subscription fee. Sony was able to wean their fans onto a subscription model by introducing it as a game 'rental' service,- which is what Nintendo would have to do if they wanted to charge a subscription fee.

Haha

cad-20140407-7b918.png

As I stated before, MS has no reason to limit the amount of hard drive space people have - to the contrary, the larger the hard drive, the more stuff they can sell you to cram into it.
There was no reason to limit it on the Xbox 360 either, but they did a good job of giving people a reason to stop buying games for it with the cap at less than 400 GB. I hope they don't pull the same stunts with Xbox One, though I would've been satisfied with the ability to replace the hard drive myself when it becomes too small for my needs.

There was no reason to limit it on the Xbox 360 either, but they did a good job of giving people a reason to stop buying games for it with the cap at less than 400 GB. I hope they don't pull the same stunts with Xbox One, though I would've been satisfied with the ability to replace the hard drive myself when it becomes too small for my needs.
Things are vastly different now, heck most people didn't have HDTVs or a hard drive-in fact I bought the Pro console and upgraded over time. There was a reason why they had a limit on Arcade Live games but now yeah most people have a fast internet connection, HDTV, maybe 3DTV, and lots of us have big ass external hard drives or cloud storage options now. I don't know how but I would think the optimal solution for Microsoft would be having OneDrive being able to house your digital games as a repository while you download the games you want to play locally on your Xbox One. Ehh, just wishful thinking.

No way in hell I'm buying an Xbox One.....NOW they say they might patch in backwards compatibility with Xbox 360.  If all my 100+ downloaded titles play on an Xbox One, I might just buy an XbOne

[quote name="Blaster man" post="11681219" timestamp="1397145876"]No way in hell I'm buying an Xbox One.....NOW they say they might patch in backwards compatibility with Xbox 360. If all my 100+ downloaded titles play on an Xbox One, I might just buy an XbOne[/quote]
Well that makes sense. So because they said there's a slim chance of them adding bc you are going to hold off? If they don't add it you won't buy one but if they never said they were going to you would have?

Well that makes sense. So because they said there's a slim chance of them adding bc you are going to hold off? If they don't add it you won't buy one but if they never said they were going to you would have?
I probably could have phrased that better. No way in hell I'm buying an Xbox One. I decided that last year.

Now they say that they might put in B/C. If they do so, I may go ahead and buy one anyway as I could dump the box under my TV right now and replace it with a box that does that same stuff + more. That would be the only thing they could do to convince me to continue with another Xbox.

[quote name="Blaster man" post="11681555" timestamp="1397154358"]I probably could have phrased that better. No way in hell I'm buying an Xbox One. I decided that last year.

Now they say that they might put in B/C. If they do so, I may go ahead and buy one anyway as I could dump the box under my TV right now and replace it with a box that does that same stuff + more. That would be the only thing they could do to convince me to continue with another Xbox.[/quote]
Well, I don't agree with your decision and do respect it and makes more sense (to me anyway) then how it was originally phrased. I do get why that would be an important feature for some people.

Backwards compatibility would be awesome. But it causes me no pain at all to have both the 360 and One hooked up to my TV. Both get plenty of use. ~ ~

Things are vastly different now, heck most people didn't have HDTVs or a hard drive-in fact I bought the Pro console and upgraded over time. There was a reason why they had a limit on Arcade Live games but now yeah most people have a fast internet connection, HDTV, maybe 3DTV, and lots of us have big ass external hard drives or cloud storage options now. I don't know how but I would think the optimal solution for Microsoft would be having OneDrive being able to house your digital games as a repository while you download the games you want to play locally on your Xbox One. Ehh, just wishful thinking.
The update that added external hard drive support for the Xbox 360 occurred five years after the system launched, so what does the status quo at the system's launch have to do with the arbitrary limit on external drives later on? They didn't even offer larger hard drives to help those that wanted/needed more space.

What good would OneDrive do when all of your purchases are already tied to your XBL account to download at any point? There's no need for any cloud BS to keep track of that stuff.

Backwards compatibility would be awesome. But it causes me no pain at all to have both the 360 and One hooked up to my TV. Both get plenty of use. ~ ~
Yeah it's a companion system, not a replacer like everyone was saying. It would be nice if NHL Gamecenter Live came over to the Xbox One's apps though. Then I wouldn't have to switch inputs lol.

The update that added external hard drive support for the Xbox 360 occurred five years after the system launched, so what does the status quo at the system's launch have to do with the arbitrary limit on external drives later on? They didn't even offer larger hard drives to help those that wanted/needed more space.

What good would OneDrive do when all of your purchases are already tied to your XBL account to download at any point? There's no need for any cloud BS to keep track of that stuff.
What status quo are you talking about? I believe the reason large hard drives didn't come into the picture early on was because a majority of people didn't need them yet. In this late in the life cycle though you'd think they'd have something bigger than where most are currently at.

OK, maybe I didn't explain it as how I see it in my head. The One Drive integration could act like a gaming repository which when you fill up your local machine's hard drive you then work on the cloud storage there. There could be a streaming integration so you could play the games you "downloaded" in your collection from One Drive on your connected Xbox One device.

[quote name="Spybreak9" post="11682376" timestamp="1397176650"]What status quo are you talking about? I believe the reason large hard drives didn't come into the picture early on was because a majority of people didn't need them yet. In this late in the life cycle though you'd think they'd have something bigger than where most are currently at.

OK, maybe I didn't explain it as how I see it in my head. The One Drive integration could act like a gaming repository which when you fill up your local machine's hard drive you then work on the cloud storage there. There could be a streaming integration so you could play the games you "downloaded" in your collection from One Drive on your connected Xbox One device.[/quote]
That's how the system is designed already. Without the streaming anyway. When you run out of space the console deletes the game. It still shows in your games and apps list you just download from the cloud. Along with your saved games. The difference is it isn't taking up your one drive space.

Yeah it's a companion system, not a replacer like everyone was saying. It would be nice if NHL Gamecenter Live came over to the Xbox One's apps though. Then I wouldn't have to switch inputs lol.
I couldn't disagree more. I'm buying a PS4 when it has enough games I want. That's a fact. Right now I have a PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, cable box, receiver, and blu ray player under the TV in my living room. That's 6 boxes under my TV. With the future PS4 I'll have 7 boxes. I'm running out of space down there and the receiver runs hot so nothing else can go in the side it's on. An 8th item with a second Kinect simply isn't going to go down there. Add to this the way they had announced the Xbox One and I decided never to buy it. Now they're talking B/C. If they add that I'll probably buy it after all (if it runs everything) once it gets some games I want (there are currently none). I'm not a fan of online multiplayer so I won't be getting a gold membership once my current one expires next month so they'll need to pull the apps out from behind the paywall - that's something they've talked about before - and they neeed to keep the price competitive with PS4 then I'll buy it and put it in the spot my Xbox 360 is at.

So for me to buy an Xbox one:

- Competitive price

- apps no longer behind pay wall

- backwards compatibility added

They've already made the price competitive and they're discussing the other two. Apps behind the pay wall is the dumbest thing. You have to have 2 gold memberships if you want to play online on one TV and stream netflix on another using another Xbox on another TV (or even stream 2 times at once). I was never a gold member until they got netflix streaming (it was the first non-PC device to do it). That was fine when no one else had it but now everyone does and no one else charges to access it. I bought a Fire TV for my secondary TV for this very reason.

So no, it's not a "nice thing to have", it's critical to me. I like the direction Phil Spencer is talking about moving and if he comes through with this stuff, he'll have redeemed the brand for me.

xbox live is shared on xbox one system no longer needs gold for every screen name on system. Plus you can sign into xbox live from more then one location i have done it before when i was signed on my xbox one and then signed into my 360 at same time.

I couldn't disagree more. I'm buying a PS4 when it has enough games I want. That's a fact. Right now I have a PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, cable box, receiver, and blu ray player under the TV in my living room. That's 6 boxes under my TV. With the future PS4 I'll have 7 boxes.
Just curious, but why do you have a Blu-ray player hooked up if you have a PS3 (and will be getting a PS4)? To reduce wear and tear on the PS3?

I'm not a fan of online multiplayer so I won't be getting a gold membership once my current one expires next month so they'll need to pull the apps out from behind the paywall...
OK, "I couldn't disagree more", having a Xbox Live Gold account is the best part of having a Xbox. I've never really thought of the apps behind a paywall because I've always had Xbox Live, well except in my college days when I was too broke to afford it when I was using a virtual tunneling program that acted like Xbox Live. I mean you find $40 deals on Live at least so it doesn't even cost $60 like everyone says. I've also saved a bunch on game sales for Gold members, plus rewards for picking up games/game content.

The online multiplayer is fun, the online co-operative play is even better. Recently got into GTA Online with a friend and we're having a blast. Thinking of a fun online multiplayer experience and Gears and its Horde mode, Halo 4 with its many playlists, Battlefield 4 with its drop your jaw war/chaos intensity at times & Titanfall's joy of running around or shooting missiles from a hulking machine come to mind. I played many matches of Mass Effect 3 and that was "online multiplayer" yet it wasn't. So to group things in like that, is a disservice to the games and the system imo.

I didn't know you had that many devices under your TV lol. Yeah seems like you are in the shedding phase, yeah if you have a PS3 then why do you have the Blu-ray player. You can always replace that with the Xbox One, it's my Blu-ray player right now. I don't have cable, Hulu Plus & NHL Gamecenter Live have satisfied my need for way less.

Just curious, but why do you have a Blu-ray player hooked up if you have a PS3 (and will be getting a PS4)? To reduce wear and tear on the PS3?
I don't use my PS3 or PS4 to play movies for that reason, and that the standalone player is far quieter than either.

I'm not one that keeps consoles around though. I just have those two (and the PS3 is being given to a friend once the Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead seasons wrap up) and a Vita and 3DS (will probably ditch the later if there isn't a bunch of stuff I want to play announced at E3).

I just don't have the time/interest to keep up with games on multiple platforms anymore. This gen I opted for PS4 (which is why I don't read/post here much anymore) with the Vita for remote play, PS+ stuff and a few exclusives for gaming if the fiancee is using the main TV. I sold off my 360 last summer, and Wii U (that was as dumb impulse purchase last fall) a couple weeks ago.

So thankfully my TV stand isn't too cluttered anymore. The main TV just has the PS4, DVR and Bluray player. So there's one slot open in the stand/HDMI port on the receiver due to the Wii U getting ditched. The other TV just has the PS3 and a Roku box hooked up. Roku was my fiancee's and we just hooked it up since the streaming apps are easier to use on it than the PS3 (works with remote/smart phone app rather than having to use the controller) and it makes no noise while the PS3 fans are kind of loud even with streaming.

I am enjoying my Xbox One so far. There are still a few kinks, but better than the alternative. Especially the Xbox One Stereo Headset. Great official headset, however, they need to update it soon as I do get sound pops here and there. Supposedly they will be fixing it soon. Also, the only drawback and I know they are working hard on it, is the storage space. 500gigs aint going to cut it around summer time, when more games are released. They have to announce at e3 some sort of external storage solution or possibly their own branded externals that they sell with Xbox One branding on them. But overall, great potential so far. 

The storage on X1/PS4 is sufficient for me. I sell games after beating, and rarely replay anything, so I just delete game installs after I'm done with them.

It's definitely too little for people who play a ton of games and want to keep them all installed all the time.

What status quo are you talking about? I believe the reason large hard drives didn't come into the picture early on was because a majority of people didn't need them yet. In this late in the life cycle though you'd think they'd have something bigger than where most are currently at.

OK, maybe I didn't explain it as how I see it in my head. The One Drive integration could act like a gaming repository which when you fill up your local machine's hard drive you then work on the cloud storage there. There could be a streaming integration so you could play the games you "downloaded" in your collection from One Drive on your connected Xbox One device.
That HD and hard drives weren't the standard at launch, but were by the time that external HDD support was added with the arbitrary limit on it that essentially makes it the modern version of the PS1/PS2 situation.

They'd have to get a game streaming service out there to be able to do that, which I'm not sure they have said is something they're interested in doing/investing in like Sony has.

[quote name="dmaul1114" post="11683711" timestamp="1397234870"]I don't use my PS3 or PS4 to play movies for that reason, and that the standalone player is far quieter than either.

I'm not one that keeps consoles around though. I just have those two (and the PS3 is being given to a friend once the Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead seasons wrap up) and a Vita and 3DS (will probably ditch the later if there isn't a bunch of stuff I want to play announced at E3).

I just don't have the time/interest to keep up with games on multiple platforms anymore. This gen I opted for PS4 (which is why I don't read/post here much anymore) with the Vita for remote play, PS+ stuff and a few exclusives for gaming if the fiancee is using the main TV. I sold off my 360 last summer, and Wii U (that was as dumb impulse purchase last fall) a couple weeks ago.

So thankfully my TV stand isn't too cluttered anymore. The main TV just has the PS4, DVR and Bluray player. So there's one slot open in the stand/HDMI port on the receiver due to the Wii U getting ditched. The other TV just has the PS3 and a Roku box hooked up. Roku was my fiancee's and we just hooked it up since the streaming apps are easier to use on it than the PS3 (works with remote/smart phone app rather than having to use the controller) and it makes no noise while the PS3 fans are kind of loud even with streaming.[/quote]what's kind of funny is a lot people bashed the Xbox one for not being a gaming system yet it sounds like it would take care of a lot of things for you (for a price). You can watch your blu rays. It has streaming apps. It is whisper quiet (I think even quieter than my 360 s even with a Disc spinning). You can even control it with your phone.

And don't take this as an attack on your decision. I do really hope you enjoy your PS4 and I was even on the fence about which system I wanted last year.

I don't use my PS3 or PS4 to play movies for that reason, and that the standalone player is far quieter than either.

So thankfully my TV stand isn't too cluttered anymore. The main TV just has the PS4, DVR and Bluray player. So there's one slot open in the stand/HDMI port on the receiver due to the Wii U getting ditched. The other TV just has the PS3 and a Roku box hooked up. Roku was my fiancee's and we just hooked it up since the streaming apps are easier to use on it than the PS3 (works with remote/smart phone app rather than having to use the controller) and it makes no noise while the PS3 fans are kind of loud even with streaming.
I can understand that. My Xbox One relegated my PS3 to my bedroom as a Blu-ray/app streaming device. And as that, it works pretty damn well. I can see myself using for a few more years as long as the support is there for it. Mine's not that loud at all (it's a slim, had it for a couple of years) and I got a universal remote this past Christmas to control it, my TV, and my cable box.

what's kind of funny is a lot people bashed the Xbox one for not being a gaming system yet it sounds like it would take care of a lot of things for you (for a price). You can watch your blu rays. It has streaming apps. It is whisper quiet (I think even quieter than my 360 s even with a Disc spinning). You can even control it with your phone. And don't take this as an attack on your decision. I do really hope you enjoy your PS4 and I was even on the fence about which system I wanted last year.
Yeah I like really silent electronic machines and that was one thing I had against my PC. I had a sweet setup but then my video card fan would go turbo any time I would enter into fullscreen. The 360's drive sounds a bit loud for my taste but most of the time I'm playing with surround sound speakers and what not. I've been quite happy with how quiet the Xbox One is but that's probably mainly because Microsoft is focusing this system as a system that'll sit front and center in the living room.

I mean you find $40 deals on Live at least so it doesn't even cost $60 like everyone says.
The price has nothing to do with it. It's not fun for me. You and plenty of other people enjoy it but not everyone likes the same things. If I don't enjoy online multiplayer then why should I pay a fee for it? I shouldn't.

So to group things in like that, is a disservice to the games and the system imo.
How does one do a "disservice" to a device? The company and device do a "disservice" to me with apps behind the pay wall...

I didn't know you had that many devices under your TV lol. Yeah seems like you are in the shedding phase, yeah if you have a PS3 then why do you have the Blu-ray player. You can always replace that with the Xbox One, it's my Blu-ray player right now. I don't have cable, Hulu Plus & NHL Gamecenter Live have satisfied my need for way less.
My blu ray player is better, more responsive, doesn't wear out a more expensive device (the player is cheaper), and it has a real remote. The PS3 remote, which I had and sold, was blue tooth which really sucks because you hit a button on accident when it's not even facing the console and you stop the movie. I prefer IR remotes as they are less prone to user error. Additionally, I am married with kids and it's much simpler for all of them to navigate a stand alone player in which you put in the disc, watch previews, then hit play one time on the main menu and off it goes rather than a video game console UI. That's not to say that they couldn't figure it out but it's easier and saves me a lot of headaches. Additionally, my receiver has 4 HDMI in, all of which are used. Then the TV has 4 HDMI in's, one is used by the receiver and one by the Wii U. When I get another console more devices will need to be relegated to the TV input and to have to explain the input change as well as the receiver is too much work for me to do and I'll be constantly down there fucking with the boxes every time someone wants to use something. That's not my idea of a fun time. The simplest solution is to have individual devices that are cheap and do an individual thing that the kids/wife use them for a lot.

My main problem is that I've bought so many downloads that I feel like selling my console means that I'm just throwing away these games that I own. At some point I'll move the older consoles to my other TV and possibly even get rid of them but for now there are still some games coming out. Also, my Xbox 360 has Sesame Street Kinect TV which my toddler uses so I have to leave that hooked up to the main TV. If they can move the games and apps to the Xbox One then I can dump the 360.

what's kind of funny is a lot people bashed the Xbox one for not being a gaming system yet it sounds like it would take care of a lot of things for you (for a price). You can watch your blu rays. It has streaming apps. It is whisper quiet (I think even quieter than my 360 s even with a Disc spinning). You can even control it with your phone. And don't take this as an attack on your decision. I do really hope you enjoy your PS4 and I was even on the fence about which system I wanted last year.
I had 2 Xbox fail. I'm not using a $400/$500 game console to watch a movie instead of a $80-$100 stand alone blu ray player (additional reasons above related to UI/etc). I'm sure dmaul1114 feels the same. I used to have a home theater in a box. The DVD player went out and the whole thing turned into a pile of trash. Now I buy components that can be replaced. Onkyo has a HTIB setup that has a real receiver with speakers. All the parts are replaceable while ones that have a built in player usually have no HDMI input or if you're lucky a single input because they expect you to watch movies through that system. I've had electronics failures. I do NOT buy all in one devices that cost multiple hundreds of dollars. That's a good way to spend multiple hundreds of dollars multiple times.

Yeah I like really silent electronic machines and that was one thing I had against my PC. I had a sweet setup but then my video card fan would go turbo any time I would enter into fullscreen. The 360's drive sounds a bit loud for my taste but most of the time I'm playing with surround sound speakers and what not. I've been quite happy with how quiet the Xbox One is but that's probably mainly because Microsoft is focusing this system as a system that'll sit front and center in the living room.
Usually when I see people talk about doing things on their PC (which they've placed in their living room), I have to assume they don't have small kids that destroy shit...

The price has nothing to do with it. It's not fun for me. You and plenty of other people enjoy it but not everyone likes the same things. If I don't enjoy online multiplayer then why should I pay a fee for it? I shouldn't.
Blaster Man, you have to decide whether you're a troll or not. You can't just be a blatant filthy troll and then try to make negative but honest comments in the same thread. It doesn't work that way. I suppose the conversation I'm quoting does come from a comment that was trolling though, so maybe it's not out of character after all. I mean, you obviously have no place here so I'm not sure why you even bother commenting...

xbox live is shared on xbox one system no longer needs gold for every screen name on system. Plus you can sign into xbox live from more then one location i have done it before when i was signed on my xbox one and then signed into my 360 at same time.
I don't think you can sign in from two Xbox One consoles though, just like you can't sign in on two Xbox 360s at once.

Yeah, I'm just one of those people who prefers stand alone devices to all in one boxes. The standalone things just always work better IMO, even without buying top of the line models. So yeah, I just wanted my game console for gaming. If X1 had more games I wanted, and no Kinect, I'd have gone with it over PS4 and still not used any of the media features as I just prefer the other gadgets I have for movies and streaming apps. :D

Blaster man said:
My main problem is that I've bought so many downloads that I feel like selling my console means that I'm just throwing away these games that I own.
I don't buy many download games, and the ones I do are cheap. And given I don't replay games, I don't care about losing them. I sell all my disc games, and most digital ones get deleted after beating anyway.

Xbox one is best thing I have when it comes to noise on almost never hear it. I don't watch enough movies for it to be worth it having standalone bluray player.

Well then you're going to have multiple devices under your TV, you can't eat your cake and have it too as they say. Curious, do you have a smartphone?!
Blaster man complained about that, I have no issues with the boxes under my TV. I don't have as many as him as I have no time/interest to own a bunch of game consoles. :D

I do have an iPhone and iPad. Portable gadgets are different as it's handy to have a device that can do a bunch of stuff that's very portable. I don't use either much at home, outside of texting and calls, and my desktop or laptop are better for everything else. Home theater stuff I prefer standalone stuff as it's better quality and you're not out multiple functions when one component dies.

Another good example of preferring dedicated devices there is I have a Kindle Paperwhite even though I could just read in the Kindle app on my phone or tablet. It's just a superior experience with the e-ink screen, better form factor, multi-week battery life etc.

Blaster man complained about that, I have no issues with the boxes under my TV. I don't have as many as him as I have no time/interest to own a bunch of game consoles. :DI do have an iPhone and iPad. Portable gadgets are different as it's handy to have a device that can do a bunch of stuff that's very portable. I don't use either much at home, outside of texting and calls, and my desktop or laptop are better for everything else. Home theater stuff I prefer standalone stuff as it's better quality and you're not out multiple functions when one component dies.Another good example of preferring dedicated devices there is I have a Kindle Paperwhite even though I could just read in the Kindle app on my phone or tablet. It's just a superior experience with the e-ink screen, better form factor, multi-week battery life etc.
I wasn't complaining, just saying that I'm out of space after one more box. I didn't even mention the fact that I have a MoCA box behind the TV and a switch so I can use wired Internet with my devices.

To answer the question too, I have a smartphone. I have a table designed to hold devices and charge inside of it. A plug goes out the back that's for a power strip and inside I have about 10 devices all plugged inside of it.

That's a crap shoot. After recording one video today saying "Xbox Record That" doesn't work (it registers but no gameplay clip is recorded)/ Game DVR doesn't work anymore ("can't record that" then long ass error code) and apparently it's a bug people had back in Dec according to my research online. WTF Hmmm a hard reset seemed to fix it.

bread's done
Back