Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

All that logic made my head hurt. Don't see that much here. Oh xbox one had sold about two million less then ps4 xbox one is trash. I hope ps4 sells more seeing they are in almost five times the areas. I would love to see u.s numbers and how close they are just for giggles. Maybe then this could end.
PS4 outsold X1 by 60k last month and has been outselling it in the US since launch. Thats WITH a supply issues.

X1 isn't trash, its not doing terrible, but you can not deny the facts that at the moment, the PS4 is crushing it. It is what it is. Being humbled should be good for Mircosoft and means even better for consumers.

Did I pick a bad night to set up my new Xbox One? Tried initial setup, connected to the Internet and it keeps erroring out immediately for the initial update. Looks like Xbox Live might be having problems tonight, could that be it?

[quote name="lawdood" post="11699651" timestamp="1397876650"]

Did I pick a bad night to set up my new Xbox One? Tried initial setup, connected to the Internet and it keeps erroring out immediately for the initial update. Looks like Xbox Live might be having problems tonight, could that be it?[/quote

Am actual post!

Apparently it is a problem for people just setting up Xbox ones tonight

Am actual post!
Yes because apparently the forums lord and savior DestroVega who determines what is and isn't deemed an "actual post," has made his judgement and you sir lawdood have been bestowed with this honor. "All hail sir lawdood.. All hail sir lawdood.."

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes because apparently the forums lord and savior DestroVega who determines what is and isn't deemed an "actual post," has made his judgement and you sir lawdood have been bestowed with this honor. "All hail sir lawdood.. All hail sir lawdood.."
Well, I am pleased I could count as an actual post, but really just wanted to know if Xbox Live was harshing my buzz in setting up my new XBone. Been looking forward to playing this thing all day and can't even get it to update. Very frustrating.

[quote name="lawdood" post="11699651" timestamp="1397876650"]Did I pick a bad night to set up my new Xbox One? Tried initial setup, connected to the Internet and it keeps erroring out immediately for the initial update. Looks like Xbox Live might be having problems tonight, could that be it?[/quote]I've been having issues with party chat. Don't know if it is related or not. According to the status page it should be just sign in problems...

Thanks for the accolades. I agree.

Or I guess you and the Playstation brigade could spew more console wars bullshit that nobody cares about. That's totes productive.

Last six pages has been people writing books about system sales that no one could care about mostly. We get it ps4 is ahead and xbox one is behind. It's still funny rippion started all this and keeps writing books saying why xbone is in trouble and ps4 is best thing ever made.

I was skimming the console warz stuff and find it hilarious.  Mostly because at one point, someone actually listed Dead Nation as if it's some kind of a coup the game is PS Exclusive.

That game was given away to me, for free, years ago, as an apology from Sony for making me have to shred my credit card because they didn't take online security seriously enough.  The fact someone is boasting about it as a PS4 exclusive tells me everything I need to know about Sony's "larger library".

I gotta wonder, do 3DS fanboys visit Vita boards to brag about their console of choice's sales?   Because you want to talk about a curb-stomping, the Vita only sold 10k this past month.  Then again, with sales like that, there probably isn't anyone on Vita boards to troll.

Yeah I don't get why people think the x1 will get a huge sales spike when it launches more places. It's in all the major countries where the 360 sold well and most of the other places are small, poor or countries that don't give much of a crap about western games or consoles.

Honestly, I don't care about sales much other than hoping this bodes well for getting more AAA games that aren't online shooters. Far too high a percentage of big budget games last gen were aimed at the CoD/Halo crowd. I hope with a Japanese console back on too that we'll see more Japanese AAA big budget games again and some western developers trying things outside the box.

If not, at least there are more and more indie games to add some variety to the overdone shooters on both platforms.

Below doesn't have a date at all and according to wikipedia, Pier Solar HD keeps getting delayed as they were waiting on acceptance into ID@Xbox, which would cause all other versions to be delayed unless they get an exception on the launch parity clause. It was supposed to be March, now it's April, and that seems like it won't stick either.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/20/throwback-rpg-pier-solar-hd-delayed-to-april-3ds-version-consid/

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/03/05/pier-solar-hd-trailer-lights-up-ps4-and-xbox-one-with-genesis-st/

It would be pretty easy to take this list/paragraph and switch out games for PS4 games to make the exact same point in the opposite direction, so you're not really making a convincing point that things are so much better on one than the other. Digital releases alone tips heavily in the PS4's favor because they had their stuff together from day one.
Titanfall and Plants vs Zombies aren't better than Knack and Killzone? LOL. You guys have consumed so much Sony kool-aid you can't see straight.

Titanfall and Plants vs Zombies aren't better than Knack and Killzone? LOL. You guys have consumed so much Sony kool-aid you can't see straight.
I can't seem to find where I said anything about which games are better, so you might want to stop putting words in my mouth. All I said is that if you're going to try to create an objective argument with a list to prove one console has a better library than the other, the exact same thing can be used in the opposite direction to essentially create a stalemate of stupidity because neither list would provide a convincing argument because it's all subjective BS.

I have both consoles and enjoy them both, so I get all of the benefits of the unique games both have without any of the downsides except for limited funds to get them all. So, yeah, tell me whose side I am on.

What I love is when somebody tells me what I said. Umm, yeah nope, no I did not say that and that's what you want to hear. Sorry I couldn't continue "the debate" I was playing Battlefield 4 on my Xbox One and being blown away, literally and virtually haha. My god if this game wasn't complete trash at launch, it's almost wholey fixed and it looks and plays super sweet now, I think it would have been a different tune. Yeah I could have that experience on PC but I'd rather buy a system at $450 then one at $1K, which will become obsolete sooner because the PC tech market moves super fast.

I was skimming the console warz stuff and find it hilarious. Mostly because at one point, someone actually listed Dead Nation as if it's some kind of a coup the game is PS Exclusive.

That game was given away to me, for free, years ago, as an apology from Sony for making me have to shred my credit card because they didn't take online security seriously enough. The fact someone is boasting about it as a PS4 exclusive tells me everything I need to know about Sony's "larger library".

I gotta wonder, do 3DS fanboys visit Vita boards to brag about their console of choice's sales? Because you want to talk about a curb-stomping, the Vita only sold 10k this past month. Then again, with sales like that, there probably isn't anyone on Vita boards to troll.
I listed it as a game that was free for PS+ not boasting that it was an exclusive. And just because you got it free back in 2011 because of reasons, (nice dig at the network hack that ended up compromising no one's credit card data btw, check facts before you sound like an idiot) doesn't mean that the people who converted from a 360 to a PS4 did. In other words, it's not just your world and we are living in it.

And last gen you xbox fanboys were insufferable with bragging about US sales and superior multiplats. Not so fun when the shoe is on the other foot as they say? But nice attempt at a deflection bringing up handhelds and another poor attempt at a dig at Sony.

Edit: Also wanted to note that your comment makes it seem that mighty Microsoft is so secure, but just a couple weeks ago a kid hacked his dads account by just entering in spaces for the password.field, read about it here. And this isn't the only time Xbox Live has been compromised so you should probably step down from your high horse.

Except if I have a 360 I can play both of those titles, whereas Killzone and Knack are true exclusives. And if people don't like multiplayer which Titanfall and PVZGW are multiplayer only then the single player in Killzone and Knack would most definitely be better games in their opinion. But I guess your subjective opinion is correct and any other opinion is because of spiked punch? smh

Below doesn't have a date at all and according to wikipedia, Pier Solar HD keeps getting delayed as they were waiting on acceptance into ID@Xbox, which would cause all other versions to be delayed unless they get an exception on the launch parity clause. It was supposed to be March, now it's April, and that seems like it won't stick either.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/20/throwback-rpg-pier-solar-hd-delayed-to-april-3ds-version-consid/

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/03/05/pier-solar-hd-trailer-lights-up-ps4-and-xbox-one-with-genesis-st/
Another example of Microsoft holding back the industry with their crap policies, and people wonder why there is so much disdain for the company and their products. smh

IMO, here's all that needs to be said about the numbers. According to NPD the Wii sold 5.05 million units its first 12 months in the US. That is the most consoles ever sold during first year of release (PS2 is second with 4.1m). At the current pace, the PS4 (2.9m) will be able to beat it and X1 will come close. I really don't think MS is doing as poorly as people are saying. The difference is that PS4 has been an absolute juggernaut so far.  Microsoft will have to adjust and that's a positive for gamers. 

IMO, here's all that needs to be said about the numbers. According to NPD the Wii sold 5.05 million units its first 12 months in the US. That is the most consoles ever sold during first year of release (PS2 is second with 4.1m). At the current pace, the PS4 (2.9m) will be able to beat it and X1 will come close. I really don't think MS is doing as poorly as people are saying. The difference is that PS4 has been an absolute juggernaut so far. Microsoft will have to adjust and that's a positive for gamers.
The problem is that most of the Xbox Ones numbers came at launch, in 2014 the numbers look like this:

Jan: 145k

Feb: 258k

Mar: 311k

-------------

Tot: 714k

This was with one of the largest marketed titles in history, Titanfall and retail sales that had the Xbox One selling for $450 with a free game and free year of live making the net cost of the console around $330. These numbers are also from Microsofts biggest market. It is easy to sugar coat the numbers when you factor in the bloated launch / holiday numbers, but when you take those away and factor in the marketing and discounts, things are far worse than they appear in camp Microsoft.

Also wanted to note comparing numbers to previous gens is not an accurate way to determine success simply because before this gen companies weren't able to produce the kinds of numbers they can now, so the Wii, 360 and PS3 for example were heavily supply constrained their first year or longer. That isn't the case anymore with a couple million available at launch and the capacity to produce a million a month and that's what makes the Xbox One numbers that much more damning.

The problem is that most of the Xbox Ones numbers came at launch, in 2014 the numbers look like this:

Jan: 145k

Feb: 258k

Mar: 311k

-------------

Tot: 714k

This was with one of the largest marketed titles in history, Titanfall and retail sales that had the Xbox One selling for $450 with a free game and free year of live making the net cost of the console around $330. These numbers are also from Microsofts biggest market. It is easy to sugar coat the numbers when you factor in the bloated launch / holiday numbers, but when you take those away and factor in the marketing and discounts, things are far worse than they appear in camp Microsoft.
How am I sugar coating the numbers? The PS4 only moved ~900K over the same span in the US. So, I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion or how that makes my statement less valid.

How am I sugar coating the numbers? The PS4 only moved ~900K over the same span in the US. So, I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion or how that makes my statement less valid.
It's not you sugar coating the numbers it's Microsoft's PR, I'm sorry if that comment seemed directed at you. And fyi unlike Microsoft, the US isn't Sony's biggest market.

It's not you sugar coating the numbers it's Microsoft's PR, I'm sorry if that comment seemed directed at you. And fyi unlike Microsoft, the US isn't Sony's biggest market.
I would say it's neck and neck between US and Europe at this point for Sony's biggest market. Totally in agreement with you that unless something drastic happens this generation MS will not enjoy the same lead it had in the US last gen (if it leads at all).

Rippion what made you come out of wood work? You have not posted on this site in weeks if not months. I swear that dude is some dude from Sony.

Last 10 pages is him writing books about how bad Microsoft is doing and soon they will no longer be a company. Dude if any game company is in legit trouble it's Nintendo go troll them. Hate to brake it to you sir xbox one and Microsoft are here to stay give up.

Yeah man. Can rippon make a sales thread somewhere else. I couldn't care one less of an iota about sales. As long as the system is supported people can never buy the thing. Who cares?

On the topic of the system, I know it's HBO to blame but the lack of HBO GO is really starting to piss me off. I love the seamless nature of the system and my TV. Having to turn on my 360 and switch all my input channels is really annoying.

Also the GoPro app launching on 360 and not the same time as XBox One is insanely dumb.

Yeah man. Can rippon make a sales thread somewhere else. I couldn't care one less of an iota about sales. As long as the system is supported people can never buy the thing. Who cares?

On the topic of the system, I know it's HBO to blame but the lack of HBO GO is really starting to piss me off. I love the seamless nature of the system and my TV. Having to turn on my 360 and switch all my input channels is really annoying.

Also the GoPro app launching on 360 and not the same time as XBox One is insanely dumb.
I just want to note the sales numbers conversation started well before I started talking about it so don't blame me for derailing. And several people have also been discussing it since so because a select few of you aren't interested we should just quit and talk about HBO Go and GoPRo, my bad that is far more interesting than the industry, sales, and what it could mean for the future of these consoles.

And I wonder had the Xbox One won the month of March and was the one sitting at 7 million sold to customers, would this conversation be such a sore spot for the select few that are complaining about it..? We will never know.

I just want to note the sales numbers conversation started well before I started talking about it so don't blame me for derailing. And several people have also been discussing it since so because a select few of you aren't interested we should just quit and talk about HBO Go and GoPRo, my bad that is far more interesting than the industry, sales, and what it could mean for the future of these consoles.
Do you gain profit from sales? Yes x1 is behind ps4 but after ladt year start who is shocked? We don't mind talks about it but people are writing books length. I know you and your ps4 buddies would love to see xbox die which will not happen.

Honestly, this all started just because someone said "4-4.5 million is pretty good but Sony still sold better" Then people came in and started to defend why the Xbox One is selling less and this is how its all snow balled.

If you don't want it to turn into this game just don't even try and defend it and just ignore it.

Do you gain profit from sales? Yes x1 is behind ps4 but after ladt year start who is shocked? We don't mind talks about it but people are writing books length. I know you and your ps4 buddies would love to see xbox die which will not happen.
I don't believe anyone at all has said they wanted to see the xbox die. I think the general vibe is that this is going to force Microsoft to focus more on gaming with this system instead of trying to make this an all in one machine.

They made a lot of mistakes with the system now that the market has spoken, they will have to work extra hard to fix them/make it better which is just a win for us.

Honestly, this all started just because someone said "4-4.5 million is pretty good but Sony still sold better" Then people came in and started to defend why the Xbox One is selling less and this is how its all snow balled.

If you don't want it to turn into this game just don't even try and defend it and just ignore it.

I don't believe anyone at all has said they wanted to see the xbox die. I think the general vibe is that this is going to force Microsoft to focus more on gaming with this system instead of trying to make this an all in one machine.

They made a lot of mistakes with the system now that the market has spoken, they will have to work extra hard to fix them/make it better which is just a win for us.

People did not hat x1 for non gaming stuff. They hated it for all the drm and always online. I can tell you if ms starts selling x1 for 399.99 things would get interesting.

People did not hat x1 for non gaming stuff. They hated it for all the drm and always online. I can tell you if ms starts selling x1 for 399.99 things would get interesting.
Maybe. Is that $399.99 with a game? For most of March it was $450 from multiple places, with either Forza or Titanfall, which was a brand new game so it was affectingly $389.99 and it still didn't outsell the PS4.

I dunno if its as simple has price point anymore.

Exactly, I own an Xbox One, why would I want to see it die? I like that consumers are speaking up and voting with their wallets for the gaming console with no gimmicks and a company that didn't try to destroy console gaming. I also like that Microsoft is likely going to have to drop the parity clause and revisit their Gold service possibly removing apps behind the paywall. and making Games with Gold far better. I like that they are going to have to rethink their pricing on the console because $500 for a weaker spec'd machine is ludicrous and the Kinect certainly doesn't make up the specs and price disparity. I also like that next gen the primary focus for gaming consoles is going to be gaming, so high specs and no gimmicks at a great price should be the norm going forward. There are tons of positives about the way things are working out.

Maybe. Is that $399.99 with a game? For most of March it was $450 from multiple places, with either Forza or Titanfall, which was a brand new game so it was affectingly $389.99 and it still didn't outsell the PS4.

I dunno if its as simple has price point anymore.
What is to hate about x1 other the price point? X1 has some decent games out now and coming later. I feel that thanks to the early ps4 shortage it's still in high demand. I think ps4 will come back to normal typical system sales by late summer.

What is to hate about x1 other the price point? X1 has some decent games out now and coming later.
Why didn't the X1 sell better than? If it was just price point shouldn't being $450 with a free game, one of which was brand new, have been enough to beat the PS4?

Like I said, is the $399.99 price point including a game? Maybe they still have a bad image. Maybe they need to market better? Maybe they need to market that the system is about games and that there is no DRM and you can freely trade and sell your games? Maybe people just really do not like the kinect? If so maybe they need to show more and make a point as to why you WANT a kinect.

There has to be other factors. Its simply not just price point.

Why didn't the X1 sell better than? If it was just price point shouldn't being $450 with a free game, one of which was brand new, have been enough to beat the PS4?

Like I said, is the $399.99 price point including a game? Maybe they still have a bad image. Maybe they need to market better? Maybe they need to market that the system is about games and that there is no DRM and you can freely trade and sell your games? Maybe people just really do not like the kinect? If so maybe they need to show more and make a point as to why you WANT a kinect.

There has to be other factors. Its simply not just price point.
I think you forgot the shortage ps4 and in some areas still does. The demand for ps4 still seems to be riding off of that shortage. Plus it's a fps game which that kind of game are dieing off fast. I think a legit 399.99 price would do wonders for the system. Check out what stuff is used more then anything on xbox live. You will see that non gaming Apis for streaming stuff gets more use. Long gone are the days people just want systems for games. The people that want it just for games good chance already got a ps4/x1.

Would it include a fucking game or not? lol

It didn't some come with Titanfall though, you had a choice between Titanfall or Forza..

I don't think the shortage has anything to do with it. even with some what of a shortage, you have been able to easy get one on Amazon and Best Buy for weeks now.

Would it include a fucking game or not? lol

It didn't some come with Titanfall though, you had a choice between Titanfall or Forza..

I don't think the shortage has anything to do with it. even with some what of a shortage, you have been able to easy get one on Amazon and Best Buy for weeks now.
Most areas had shortages until march so having them now means nothing

Ok well im done talking to you since you just flat out refuse to answer a question.

And Amazon and Best Buy had PS4s in stock on their site for most of March so if you wanted one you could have gotten one.

Why should it include a game? And not sure what amazon and bb now having them has anything to do with shortage the first 4 months. It means that thanks to shortage people who wanted one could not find one. Now then can find them they buy it which gives it a sales boost. How hard is that to understand?

Personally I don't think dropping the price will fix sales at this point. If that was going to work it would have been reflected in March were they had an unofficial price drop, and bundled different games with the system.

I don't think marketing is the issue either because they did a ton of it throughout March, and it continued throughout this month as well. Personally I think the system still has a Stigma surrounding it following all the controversy they caused, and I think gamer's still are wary of them.

E3 is going to be the deciding factor for them, they need to come out strong during the show, and basically re-commit themselves to gamers.

Personally I don't think dropping the price will fix sales at this point. If that was going to work it would have been reflected in March were they had an unofficial price drop, and bundled different games with the system.

I don't think marketing is the issue either because they did a ton of it throughout March, and it continued throughout this month as well. Personally I think the system still has a Stigma surrounding it following all the controversy they caused, and I think gamer's still are wary of them.

E3 is going to be the deciding factor for them, they need to come out strong during the show, and basically re-commit themselves to gamers.
Yup, bring out the games! I can't wait for Quantum Break.

bread's done
Back