Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

JSRF is one of my favorite Xbox games ever, so no complaints with Sunset so far.  Humor is hit and miss, but it fits the overall theme of the game.

These Xbox One deals are just insane. I don't think Black Friday can top these deals.
It's worth noting that the Target B2G1 sell is open to any console though, and Best Buy's "Free year of Xbox Live with System Purchase" only lasts for one day (November 8th) at select Best Buy stores from 1:00-4:00pm so it isn't like it lasts for a long time.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/seo/null/pcmcat344700050000.c?ref=195&loc=27cc9a5a250145b9a8e1b86db9aee0c4&id=pcmcat344700050000&ref=199&loc=CY3NkS

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one who feels completely MEH about SSO?

I feel like its a mix of Jet Grind Radio/Dead Rising, and they just do both ok. I might as well trade it in during the PS4/COD promo, and get COD.
nope, I'm pretty meh on it too about 4-5 hours in. With MCC and GTA V coming in the next couple weeks I'm gonna just trade this in to Walmart for $65 and rebuy down the road.

I haven't played a lot of Sunset. I'll spend most of tomorrow catching up with the game. Not a huge fan of everything being a spawn point in this game though. Makes looking for the mats I need to farm that much more annoying when I cant stand still to look around with getting blown up or punched. 

I did beat the first boss on Lords of the Fallen though. That was nice. 

Ms is going all In this fall hope it works for them
Yeah if they still come in second on November NPD after pulling out all the stops then I don't know.. that said they are now leading on Amazon with 2 bundles ahead of the PS4 and Amazon has been a pretty good indicator to how NPD goes so if they keep this up the entire month it should mean an NPD victory for them.

Yeah if they still come in second on November NPD after pulling out all the stops then I don't know.. that said they are now leading on Amazon with 2 bundles ahead of the PS4 and Amazon has been a pretty good indicator to how NPD goes so if they keep this up the entire month it should mean an NPD victory for them.
Sony is going to match the price on at least Black Friday if not sooner. They have a lead in the US and I really don't believe that they'll give it away that easily. The US is what, half the world's gaming market? Sony isn't going to give up without at least attempting some promotions.

No one really believes this price drop is temporary. While they might officially raise the price $50 after January 3rd, it's a pretty safe bet that there will constant $350 promotions throughout 2015 every time Sony puts out an exclusive.

Sony is going to match the price on at least Black Friday if not sooner. They have a lead in the US and I really don't believe that they'll give it away that easily. The US is what, half the world's gaming market? Sony isn't going to give up without at least attempting some promotions.

No one really believes this price drop is temporary. While they might officially raise the price $50 after January 3rd, it's a pretty safe bet that there will constant $350 promotions throughout 2015 every time Sony puts out an exclusive.
But Sony has no new games other then lbp3 so not sure how that would change. Ms should do very well this fall. X1 has a bundle for 3 of the biggest games this fall.

We know what this is going to delve into so let's not even get started on this.
Oh so we can't talk about future sales and such because? Dreader doesn't like Blasterman? Oh yeah I get it now. Talk about someone that needs something to make his life whole, hunting me down and replying to every post I make.

Oh so we can't talk about future sales and such because? Dreader doesn't like Blasterman? Oh yeah I get it now. Talk about someone that needs something to make his life whole, hunting me down and replying to every post I make.
You can talk about sales. But its an Xbox One thread. Not a PS4 and Xbox one thread. Has nothing to do with you. Its better to not start the debate about who has what games coming out because it always turns into an unneeded console war debate.

No way Sony pulls out a win for the holiday shopping season, the X1 sale is too good. I dont think it will even be close to be honest. Its a shame that Sony didn't try to match.

Regarding SO, I think its my GOTY so far. Its not for everyone though as a few of my friends dont like it at all haha

I posted a gif the other day of the new CAG forza car I made, but here's some pics too.

full size links:

http://i.imgur.com/TNapifg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KtR7YCU.jpg

TNapifgl.jpg

KtR7YCUl.jpg

i have yet to play horizon 2 man does that game look so good if  i was not gamer and showed me that 2nd photo i would think it was a real car in photo.

I definitely think the Xbox One will have the better holiday season over the PS4. I'm really surprised Sony isn't doing something to the counter them honestly.

It always comes down to price. The parents that are buying consoles for Christmas could care less or even know what 'exclusives' each system has or any of that stuff. They only want to know what is the best price or best value. If they could get an Xbox One for $50 less plus get a game in the bundle, they are going to jump all over that.

Most people who are not crazy video game nuts like us ( :whistle2: ) will always go for the best priced system.

I only have an Xbox One at the moment and I really love it, but I know I'll eventually buy the PS4 one day because of Sony's exclusives and Naughty Dog. I love how aggressive Microsoft has been though with the Xbox One. Competition is beautiful.

I definitely think the Xbox One will have the better holiday season over the PS4. I'm really surprised Sony isn't doing something to the counter them honestly.

It always comes down to price. The parents that are buying consoles for Christmas could care less or even know what 'exclusives' each system has or any of that stuff. They only want to know what is the best price or best value. If they could get an Xbox One for $50 less plus get a game in the bundle, they are going to jump all over that.

Most people who are not crazy video game nuts like us ( :whistle2: ) will always go for the best priced system.

I only have an Xbox One at the moment and I really love it, but I know I'll eventually buy the PS4 one day because of Sony's exclusives and Naughty Dog. I love how aggressive Microsoft has been though with the Xbox One. Competition is beautiful.
i would say im shocked also with sony. But i really wonder if sony could afford to do a 50 price drop with a added game. They are already in the red as a company. With all the stuff in ps4 im shocked they even priced it at 400 to start with.

i would say im shocked also with sony. But i really wonder if sony could afford to do a 50 price drop with a added game. They are already in the red as a company. With all the stuff in ps4 im shocked they even priced it at 400 to start with.
Man these posts are getting super tiring from you.

I'm sure Sony will respond aggressively for Black Friday. I saw on Reddit on Amazon Canada there's a Last of Us Bundle going on sale, and they're bundling a free game of choice (Even Pre-orders).

Man these posts are getting super tiring from you.

I'm sure Sony will respond aggressively for Black Friday. I saw on Reddit on Amazon Canada there's a Last of Us Bundle going on sale, and they're bundling a free game of choice (Even Pre-orders).
what is so tiring? You sir need to realize sony as a company is in trouble. plz explain why giving my opinion and insight on these issues is a issue with you. Get off my A**** or block me

if microsoft was in same money issue i would be scared for them also. I own ps4 and the issues sony is having is troubling for me as a consumer.

A black friday sale is not responding agressively to a sale xbox has going on for two months and possible staying at 350 after the shoppingseason.

Well at least we know the X1 won't be behind the Wii U after the holiday. What the X1 has done in a year should surpass the Wii U sales done in two years.

Will be truly shocked if they are considering these aggressive price cuts.

BTW didn't read last page, but MS is also sending out Ryse codes to random people who bought the Sunset Overdrive bundle.

So for $350 you get the white console, Ryse and Sunset Overdrive.

I just hope that Phil tweet about day one owners getting something "special" is real. Because my salt level is really huge right now with these deals.

Well at least we know the X1 won't be behind the Wii U after the holiday. What the X1 has done in a year should surpass the Wii U sales done in two years.

Will be truly shocked if they are considering these aggressive price cuts.

BTW didn't read last page, but MS is also sending out Ryse codes to random people who bought the Sunset Overdrive bundle.

So for $350 you get the white console, Ryse and Sunset Overdrive.

I just hope that Phil tweet about day one owners getting something "special" is real. Because my salt level is really huge right now with these deals.
day one console owners from last year?

day one console owners from last year?
-https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/528341970767212545- (remove the - -, for whatever reason CAG isn't letting me embed)

It just means in general, but with the level of salt Phil has tweeted before possible gifts for day one people. I wouldn't count on it, but I'd guess there is a chance. I know I got free KI last year for being XBox Live Gold and some people got free consoles. I'd take anything at this point considering all the deals that they are doing right now. This will be the last console I buy at launch unless MS throws me something my way, because I would have defenitely waited a year to save $150 (don't care about Kinect) and get a few free games. Hell, I just got a PS4 off Amazon Warehouse deals that was re-sealed (aka brand new) for $220. Not even a year after the systems launched...

So last hard drive question hopefully. I have a sata 2 to busb 3.0 docking station. Should I get a sata 3 enclosure and drive or just the drive? Will a sata 3 enclosure bring any tangible benefit to the Xbox one?

I'm kinda mad I disnt buy the cod bundle instead. I'm gonna gave to be very picky about games I keep instead of selling this gen with only 360gb or so usable and I just ended up buying cod anyway. I know you can buy external hard drives but I would have preferred internal. The x1 is so big I bet they could have fit a 3.5 drive

So what's the easiest way to get my own music in horizons 2? I can just plug my phone directly into my PC speakers but that would negate the game audio

Was just at Best Buy extending my GCU membership because I forgot to do it when I picked up Sunset Overdrive, and everyone in line was either there to get a price adjustment on a previously purchased Xbox One, picking up an online ordered Xbox One, or exchanging a standard Xbox One for a bundle.  This $50 drop has made a hell of a difference.

Was just at Best Buy extending my GCU membership because I forgot to do it when I picked up Sunset Overdrive, and everyone in line was either there to get a price adjustment on a previously purchased Xbox One, picking up an online ordered Xbox One, or exchanging a standard Xbox One for a bundle. This $50 drop has made a hell of a difference.
Great for MS, I think they will do big numbers for november and possibly have the biggest month sales wise for either console this year. $350 is just too good.

Was just at Best Buy extending my GCU membership because I forgot to do it when I picked up Sunset Overdrive, and everyone in line was either there to get a price adjustment on a previously purchased Xbox One, picking up an online ordered Xbox One, or exchanging a standard Xbox One for a bundle. This $50 drop has made a hell of a difference.
who would have guessed $50 would have made that big of a difference? Heck I blew $50 this morning just buying Advanced Warfare. Maybe perfect timing with COD release? Shame that people had to double back for price adjustments though. I'll never understand why they couldn't just start discounting it early and save their customer service some hassle. Its bad enough waiting in line 10 minutes behind 1 person just to do a in store pick up

yeah 350 for these bundles is hard to pass up it's pretty much 290 bucks for the system. Look at unity bundle you get system and ac4 and unity that is a steal.

yeah 350 for these bundles is hard to pass up it's pretty much 290 bucks for the system. Look at unity bundle you get system and ac4 and unity that is a steal.

who would have guessed $50 would have made that big of a difference? Heck I blew $50 this morning just buying Advanced Warfare. Maybe perfect timing with COD release? Shame that people had to double back for price adjustments though. I'll never understand why they couldn't just start discounting it early and save their customer service some hassle. Its bad enough waiting in line 10 minutes behind 1 person just to do a in store pick up
the bundle in games help drops the price of system even more

bread's done
Back