Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

Well broke down and cancelled my MCC disc and bought the digital copy. BTW anyone know how to redeem code from smartglass? I ended up doing it in browser. Looks like I'm gonna need to upgrade hard drive sooner rather then later

What are some must have apps for this thing? I got all the video streaming ones like Netflix and etc and ones that allow you to play BR (really, why the hell is this an app) and CDs, what else is worth looking into?
I'd check out the TrueAchievements app if you care about achievements and Twitch if you want to stream or watch others. I'd say that's probably it outside of the media ones.

I'd check out the TrueAchievements app if you care about achievements and Twitch if you want to stream or watch others. I'd say that's probably it outside of the media ones.
Yea the trueAchievements app is a nice one. Good to see Microsoft giving some support to the achievement community. That and Netflix are the only apps I use even though I have downloaded all of them for some reason.

[quote name="eastx" post="12215780" timestamp="1415281171"]I think the Blu-ray player is an app so that they can update it independently of the OS (this is a modern Windows thing seen in WP and Windows 8/10). Also, it allows people who wouldn't watch Blu-rays on their console to save a tiny bit of hard drive space.[/quote]
Google has also been doing this in Android so rather than waiting for an entire OS update to add a feature to, say, the keyboard, they just update the keyboard independently.

[quote name="el swordo" post="12216040" timestamp="1415289800"]Yeah I'm kinda pissed off about it now that I know it's an option. It doesn't even look like the digital version is available for sale anymore either. On a side note anyone have a seemingly random reboot after coming out of instant on mode? Mine played some weird noise from the speakers and after trying to launch cod it just started the system over again. It now seems fine. weird[/quote]
I just bought it from my phone this afternoon.

Funny.  They finally announce that Pier Solar HD is coming out on 11/21 and now I couldn't care less.  This game would have been perfect for the slow summer months, but releasing it now is dumb because with so many huge games coming out, it won't get as much attention.  I'm waiting until its on sale....or free.  Glad it's coming out though. 

Funny. They finally announce that Pier Solar HD is coming out on 11/21 and now I couldn't care less. This game would have been perfect for the slow summer months, but releasing it now is dumb because with so many huge games coming out, it won't get as much attention. I'm waiting until its on sale....or free. Glad it's coming out though.
This is how I feel about Magic 2015. Actually wanted to buy it back in July but they delayed the xbox one version for 4 months and it just came out finally.

IDK if this is the right thread or not, but I just got my One on Sunday and it's already acting up.

I tried playing COD, it kept freezing and wouldn't load. I finally get it to load, it tells me I'm not signed in (I am) then I select my profile, and it just sits at the "Reading Save Device" message.

I reset, try again, same shit. Then I try loading other apps, NOTHING happens, it makes the selection noise, then nothing. I can't even choose Settings for fuck sake.

I finally did a full power cycle, rebooted, and it worked. Is this something I should be worried about in the future? Literally the 3rd time I've wanted to use it since Sunday.

IDK if this is the right thread or not, but I just got my One on Sunday and it's already acting up.

I tried playing COD, it kept freezing and wouldn't load. I finally get it to load, it tells me I'm not signed in (I am) then I select my profile, and it just sits at the "Reading Save Device" message.

I reset, try again, same shit. Then I try loading other apps, NOTHING happens, it makes the selection noise, then nothing. I can't even choose Settings for fuck sake.

I finally did a full power cycle, rebooted, and it worked. Is this something I should be worried about in the future? Literally the 3rd time I've wanted to use it since Sunday.
I would be worried if hard boot did not fix it I have had that happen before

If completely unplugging it for 30+ seconds or a hard reset doesn't work then you worry.

Honestly since the last updates there have been some returning issues. I never had game freezes on standby mode till recently, and even one game wouldn't start up which I haven't seen since probably March.

Hard reset fixes pretty much every problem on the X1.

Talking about racing games I beat the horizon finale last night but, i only have about 15% completion of the game.  What do I have to do to actually get 100%?  Can I skip the boring stuff like taking pictures of cars?

Talking about racing games I beat the horizon finale last night but, i only have about 15% completion of the game. What do I have to do to actually get 100%? Can I skip the boring stuff like taking pictures of cars?
Well, there is a whole other piece, plus XP billboards, photos, and Fast travel boards. I think Roads discovered also counts toward completion.

Really? I thought that was the end game
Nah that is only part of it. You have to go back and complete all the various class races for each location (I believe there are 8 for each location for a total of 64). After all that you still have to find all the XP boards, roads, speed traps, photos, rivals, wristbands, bucket list and a couple of other things such as unlocking all the perk.

Nah that is only part of it. You have to go back and complete all the various class races for each location (I believe there are 8 for each location for a total of 64). After all that you still have to find all the XP boards, roads, speed traps, photos, rivals, wristbands, bucket list and a couple of other things such as unlocking all the perk.
Ah cool I'll have to play even more then. Hope it gets at least a little more challenging. Out of all 15 championships i did i probably finished in second place maybe 3 times usually finishing in first by a full 10 seconds

Ah cool I'll have to play even more then. Hope it gets at least a little more challenging. Out of all 15 championships i did i probably finished in second place maybe 3 times usually finishing in first by a full 10 seconds
The first horizon finale is after 15 championships, I think you get a second finale at 30. There's a total of 168 championships and each championship has 4 races so ....it's a lot of racing to do. Also after the 15 bucket list challenges, you can go into the menu and activate 15 more bucket list challenges.

What difficulty are you playing on? I play on Pro with ABS on. Everything else like driving line, traction control, stablity, and rewind, is off.

The first horizon finale is after 15 championships, I think you get a second finale at 30. There's a total of 168 championships and each championship has 4 races so ....it's a lot of racing to do. Also after the 15 bucket list challenges, you can go into the menu and activate 15 more bucket list challenges.

What difficulty are you playing on? I play on Pro with ABS on. Everything else like driving line, traction control, stablity, and rewind, is off.
Default difficulty default everything

I hate The Crew. I won't be picking this up.

Hopefully the driving changes in the final version a little bit.
I played the PC beta and started the Xbox one last night. My only issue is that, while I might be crazy, it seemed like I had a better view around me on PC. It was also less choppy, but that seemed more server side rather than console related.

My only real issue is that I need a crew to play The Crew, or what am I doing with my virtual life?

Anyone have NBA 2k15? I'm leaning towards getting it with Halo and CoD next week at Target, I want something light (pick up and play), but I don't want to mess with it if it sucks.

2K15 is a great game.  The server issues from launch week have improved a lot so no issues I've experience recently.

I applied for an "invitation to purchase" yesterday. Looks cool. Wonder how many people with daughters/wives named Alexa will end up complaining.

This is hilarious. Remember how everyone was like oh no no I don't want the Xbox One listening to me.

Well it seems Amazon has their own device now.

Alexa, turn off the gas, don't start the fireplace, NOOOOooooo BOOM. :whistle2:k
Your statement would make sense if there was tons of buzz for the device and/or if it was selling gangbusters, neither of which are the case so not sure what your point is, however there are legit privacy concerns you are crapping on with that snarky comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="RiPPn" post="12220865" timestamp="1415423907"]Your statement would make sense if there was tons of buzz for the device and/or if it was selling gangbusters, neither of which are the case so not sure what your point is, however there are legit privacy concerns you are crapping on with that snarky comment.[/quote]
Privacy concerns that in the first year have been shown to be unfounded. Unless, somehow, Microsoft has been getting away with spying... which I highly doubt. Because that'd be very hard to hide.

So, yeah, the snarky attitude is probably worth it.

Do you have a smartphone? Worried about the Kinect spying on you? I guess you should complain about that too.
The difference being that, initially (keyword) the rumors were "always on" and "kinect required" meaning that you didn't have a choice. Most people (apple fanboys aside) can truly turn their smart phones off (i.e. removable battery).

Obviously MS changed their stance but that the two above factors are what were upsetting/worrying people. But I do agree that a smart phone is a much bigger electronic collar then an Xbox One.

The difference being that, initially (keyword) the rumors were "always on" and "kinect required" meaning that you didn't have a choice. Most people (apple fanboys aside) can truly turn their smart phones off (i.e. removable battery).

Obviously MS changed their stance but that the two above factors are what were upsetting/worrying people. But I do agree that a smart phone is a much bigger electronic collar then an Xbox One.
People can turn xbox off by unplug it also lol that reason you just have made me chuckle

People share every on Facebook and Twitter but freak out that kinect spy's on them makes sense
Nice double post. People share what they chose on facebook... the worry is being recorded without their conset

People can turn xbox off by unplug it also lol that reason you just have made me chuckle
True but I'm not a teenager. I have a very nice home entertainment/theater. I'm very precise with how I wire everything---meaning you can't see any wires plugs or adapters. Once my electronics are in place they stay there. I'm not moving things around just so I can unplug something. I don't even have direct access to my surge protectors because those are hidden as well.

[quote name="GBAstar" post="12221090" timestamp="1415442031"]Nice double post. People share what they chose on facebook... the worry is being recorded without their conset

True but I'm not a teenager. I have a very nice home entertainment/theater. I'm very precise with how I wire everything---meaning you can't see any wires plugs or adapters. Once my electronics are in place they stay there. I'm not moving things around just so I can unplug something. I don't even have direct access to my surge protectors because those are hidden as well.[/quote]
So, you believe a company trying to take market share would risk being discovered (knowing that people monitor their network traffic) breaching your privacy just so they could spy on you?

Seriously. Dumb decisions have been made in the past, but no one is that dumb. That would be the end of Xbox, permanently.

So, you believe a company trying to take market share would risk being discovered (knowing that people monitor their network traffic) breaching your privacy just so they could spy on you? Seriously. Dumb decisions have been made in the past, but no one is that dumb. That would be the end of Xbox, permanently.
No not at all. That would be the least of my worries. Just like I don't think Apple leaks photos stored on their iCloud. However, what is stop hackers from remotely gaining access to the kinect hardware? There are websites dedicated to streaming video from wireless IP cameras that homeowners ignorantly didn't secure.

[quote name="GBAstar" post="12221105" timestamp="1415443228"]No not at all. That would be the least of my worries. Just like I don't think Apple leaks photos stored on their iCloud. However, what is stop hackers from remotely gaining access to the kinect hardware? There are websites dedicated to streaming video from wireless IP cameras that homeowners ignorantly didn't secure.[/quote]
Try hacking an Xbox One. Get back to me when it's completed and we'll talk. Until someone has remotely accessed a kinect camera, you should not be worried. The Xbox 360 has been around for a long time, and I've yet to hear of that happening there.

It's extremely unlikely to ever happen. Last I checked, all previous console hacks required physical access. Good luck with that though.

So is there a difference in size between a fully patched MCC and just the game downloaded on the console?  Mine says 100% installed I want to make sure it's patched before it comes out.  

Ok have a issue with my xb1. On the home screen at startup and sometimes when I exit a game and go back to it I get s green thin flickering line going through the screen horizontaly. It doesn't seem to be happening in games only on the home screen and mostly after startup. I am using a HDMI switch but I have been for awhile and this just started a week or two ago.

Well I will give it to Spybreak9. his trolling comment was successful, he has now drudged up a year old privacy debate with year old Xbox defence force answers.. brilliant trolling indeed. 

No not at all. That would be the least of my worries. Just like I don't think Apple leaks photos stored on their iCloud. However, what is stop hackers from remotely gaining access to the kinect hardware? There are websites dedicated to streaming video from wireless IP cameras that homeowners ignorantly didn't secure.
Someone could hack ps camera also so give off kinect lol

Well I will give it to Spybreak9. his trolling comment was successful, he has now drudged up a year old privacy debate with year old Xbox defence force answers.. brilliant trolling indeed.
It's not debate it's people being crazy about kinect and yet don't care about ps eye and Facebook Twitter and phones cameras.

bread's done
Back