Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

Nothing has been mentioned yet, but since we have to "create a new order", I suppose it's possible.

(Of course, I'm not holding my breath though! :lol: )
Any "gifts" may show up separately from your order, or they may show up with your order.

I'd say if you don't see anything extra included with it or within a couple of weeks once it shows up, they may be not as generous as I'd expect them to be.

Guys please help. I can't get my XO One headset to work properly - I can't hear sound through my headphones. I initially got it to work on my Xbox One and was able to hear audio through my headphones. After leaving my console idle for awhile after downloading some DLC, I noticed I couldn't hear anything again. I turned up my TV HDMI audio (since when you use the XO One it can push audio out to both the TV and the controller connected XO One at the same time) and I could hear the audio through my TV speakers just fine. It's odd because my headphones were initially working. Now they aren't. Also, these headsets are wired so they connect through the controller so there's no pairing that needs to be done. I even tried restarting my console and disconnecting/reconnecting my 3.5mm (?) cable and still nothing worked.

Ordered this through Amazon so I want to avoid a return if possible.
Had to look up an unboxing video for the XO One and found out the method I used for my X12s wouldn't work for you. One thing I would test out though. Since the XO One seems to use a 3.5 mm jack, did you try testing it with your PC? If you get sound then, it means your adapter is most likely bad. If not, it would be the headset itself (or the wire, but you're unable to just replace the wire I presume).

Question: with the new XB1 dashboard, is anyone getting notifications when someone comments on a picture/video or when someone follows you?

I know in the old dashboard, I got notifications.  I haven't gotten a single notification on those activities since the update and I should've.  (I do get notifications for new achievements and when games are downloaded/ready to play).

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to look up an unboxing video for the XO One and found out the method I used for my X12s wouldn't work for you. One thing I would test out though. Since the XO One seems to use a 3.5 mm jack, did you try testing it with your PC? If you get sound then, it means your adapter is most likely bad. If not, it would be the headset itself (or the wire, but you're unable to just replace the wire I presume).
Thanks for the tip, bud. I didn't think about trying to eliminate the sources. I'll give it a try when I get home. I haven't played my X1 since I posted this very issue so hopefully I can get back to playing Tomb Raider again tonight.

Open to any other suggestions from anybody that didn't see my problem until now.

For anyone that's changed out their Xbox One system and had an external hard drive, what did you do with the external on the new system?  Did you plug it in and have everything on the external drive work without issue?  Did you need to reformat it and start over with it?

Trying to figure out what the scenario is with switching out my launch-revision XB1 for a different system.

For anyone that's changed out their Xbox One system and had an external hard drive, what did you do with the external on the new system? Did you plug it in and have everything on the external drive work without issue? Did you need to reformat it and start over with it?

Trying to figure out what the scenario is with switching out my launch-revision XB1 for a different system.
You shouldn't have to format it twice, only once to get the drive ready, use it, then just use the thing on another console. That's sort of a feature with external drives.

So I tried last night and my XO One audio output is working again. I tested it with my PC and it seemed to be in working order. So I initially had thought something had to be wrong with my adapter but then I plugged it into my controller to test it again and it worked. Odd because I disconnected my 3.5mm cable and reconnected it before when I initially ran into my problem. So I'm not sure what was causing my problem before.

So now I think my XO One microphone isn't working now too. I hopped on some Gears of War 3 MP matches last night and even though somebody had a mic in my match, he didn't respond when I was testing it out. What has me certain that I'm having mic issues is that the microphone symbol doesn't light up on screen next to my GT when I'm talking. I checked to ensure my volume was up. Since the way they have you setup your headset is to just directly plugging it into the controller without adjusting the settings, I'm stumped on my mic issue. Am I supposed to be able to hear myself in the mic?

Fairly long but good article on Xbox One and Microsoft's planned strategy.
http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/10/9880594/microsoft-xbox-games-2016-interview-crackdown-3-quantum-break-recore

Three key games being Quantum Break, Crackdown 3 & Re-core.

Main areas of the strategy including cloud gaming, seamless integration from one device to the next and improved UI - which we just got. Also forming "second-party" partnershios like State of Decay, Dance Central & Gears of War.
Really if they keep up the UI design and changes they will have a great console. I mean I own all 3, but I spend most of my time on the One.

I do feel like Quantum Break and Crackdown can be hits as long as Crackdown is not just Crackdown 1 with fancier graphics. I have no hope for Re-Core because I am still waiting for fuck ing Mighty No 9.

If they keep it up with stuff like Forza Drivatars then they will have a huge edge over Sony. Hell I don't even know if I can go back to Gran Turismo just because of them.

Really if they keep up the UI design and changes they will have a great console. I mean I own all 3, but I spend most of my time on the One.

I do feel like Quantum Break and Crackdown can be hits as long as Crackdown is not just Crackdown 1 with fancier graphics. I have no hope for Re-Core because I am still waiting for fuck ing Mighty No 9.

If they keep it up with stuff like Forza Drivatars then they will have a huge edge over Sony. Hell I don't even know if I can go back to Gran Turismo just because of them.
Huge edge for you personally?

So I tried last night and my XO One audio output is working again. I tested it with my PC and it seemed to be in working order. So I initially had thought something had to be wrong with my adapter but then I plugged it into my controller to test it again and it worked. Odd because I disconnected my 3.5mm cable and reconnected it before when I initially ran into my problem. So I'm not sure what was causing my problem before.

So now I think my XO One microphone isn't working now too. I hopped on some Gears of War 3 MP matches last night and even though somebody had a mic in my match, he didn't respond when I was testing it out. What has me certain that I'm having mic issues is that the microphone symbol doesn't light up on screen next to my GT when I'm talking. I checked to ensure my volume was up. Since the way they have you setup your headset is to just directly plugging it into the controller without adjusting the settings, I'm stumped on my mic issue. Am I supposed to be able to hear myself in the mic?
I'm still not finding any luck. I want to return the headset now but I don't know how to remove the Turtle beach controller adapter? It's locked in really tight onto my controller. Anybody know how to remove the adapter?

Edit - figured it out. Squeezing hard on the buttons made it possible to remove it.

Update: They receiving my Xbox One console today. I'm supposed to expect a refund in 1-5 days and then the rep I'm working with will help me order a new one (and upgrade to expedited shipping).

Hopefully my final update:

Rep called. They issued a refund to my card for my original order and he ordered me a new one over the phone. They threw in expedited shipping for free, and three free games. The total actually ended up $20 cheaper than when I ordered it on Black Friday.

Hoping it gets here quickly, and, it works this time!

Rep called. They issued a refund to my card for my original order and he ordered me a new one over the phone. They threw in expedited shipping for free, and three free games. The total actually ended up $20 cheaper than when I ordered it on Black Friday.
Glad it worked out for you! Which games did you pick?

IMO this is the way it should have been handled from the start.

So I finally got Forza 6. Next time I find a deal digitally the size of the game is going into the buying thought process. The only way I could get it is by going to a local library parking lot using their free Wi-Fi. Thankfully I engineered a way to have my Xbox One in the car displayed on my nav screen. Gotta have the engine on so waste of gas but considering my ISP cap that's really my only way for me. Really enjoying the game so far, it's also nice to get rewarded from previous titles and forza hub bonuses.

Glad it worked out for you! Which games did you pick?

IMO this is the way it should have been handled from the start.
They actually chose the games for me.

They were three Ubisoft games. Watch Dogs, The Crew, and one of the Assassin's Creed games...Unity?

Wasn't really interested in any of them, but, something is better than nothing!

The new Xbox One came in today...got it all plugged in...and it's working perfectly! Finally all ready for me to play when I get home from work tonight!

I thought Watch Dogs was pretty good at the time it released, despite the criticism the game frequently received.
Couldn't agree more, I thought it had great ideas, and the multiplayer where you had to find the person hacking you was a blast.. Hacking cameras and solving puzzles was fun.. can't wait for a sequel!

Good to hear Rig.

Agreed, also liked Watch Dogs. Didn't let pre-conception and pre-judgement get in my way of a fun game. The only drawback is it was in its infancy so there's a good core but lot of that core over and over. Ubisoft wants to build the franchise, even before the game launched, so here's hoping they expand on that with the sequels.

I got the Watch Dogs artbook for Christmas, was an Amazon BF deal, love the neopunk hacking style. Also loved that one mission when you had to chase after the other hacker at the party and what the devs did on that mission.

Just waiting until Watch Dogs 2 is officially announced to finally dive in.

It's been sitting on my shelf untouched.

So I finally got Forza 6. Next time I find a deal digitally the size of the game is going into the buying thought process. The only way I could get it is by going to a local library parking lot using their free Wi-Fi. Thankfully I engineered a way to have my Xbox One in the car displayed on my nav screen. Gotta have the engine on so waste of gas but considering my ISP cap that's really my only way for me. Really enjoying the game so far, it's also nice to get rewarded from previous titles and forza hub bonuses.
I bought GTA V from BF, didn't even pop it in yet to install it. Have to get an external because of my fuck ing isp cap so I feel your pain. Forza 6 is a great game though.

Now, that's the response I expected. Glad it finally seemed to work out.

This is the downside to living in a cave, borrowing library WiFi to download Forza 6 and using gas all the while. :D

They actually chose the games for me.

They were three Ubisoft games. Watch Dogs, The Crew, and one of the Assassin's Creed games...Unity?

Wasn't really interested in any of them, but, something is better than nothing!

The new Xbox One came in today...got it all plugged in...and it's working perfectly! Finally all ready for me to play when I get home from work tonight!
That's about a $50 bonus, not counting the expedited shipping. They're all reasonable games, especially for free, and likely ones they had in abundance, so they could get rid of them without much issue. Glad it all worked out in the end.

Hahahaha

Yeah one of the coolest new additions to the Forza family is Showcases in FM6. Just raced against the Stig in a Z06 Corvette and before that I had a night race with a Viper. The added dynamic weather really throws a wrench in the works but in a good variety/challenging way. I thought FM3 was the best in the series but I'm enjoying FM6 a lot and it might take the top spot imo.

Good to hear Rig.

Agreed, also liked Watch Dogs. Didn't let pre-conception and pre-judgement get in my way of a fun game. The only drawback is it was in its infancy so there's a good core but lot of that core over and over. Ubisoft wants to build the franchise, even before the game launched, so here's hoping they expand on that with the sequels.

I got the Watch Dogs artbook for Christmas, was an Amazon BF deal, love the neopunk hacking style. Also loved that one mission when you had to chase after the other hacker at the party and what the devs did on that mission.
It kind of reminded me of the first Assassin's Creed game. It had some flaws but you could see a pretty good foundation there. I would like to see a sequel with some of the ideas fleshed out. It could be pretty good.

That's about a $50 bonus, not counting the expedited shipping. They're all reasonable games, especially for free, and likely ones they had in abundance, so they could get rid of them without much issue. Glad it all worked out in the end.
More like $30… all those games have been $10 recently...

Yeah, it's a closed beta. Just got my code a few days ago. I think I was able to apply for acceptance via the XBL Preview Program, but it's been probably 6 months or more since then. Don't really remember the details.

For a F2P game, Fable Legends is pretty damn good.
I don't know why, but I have had zero interest in Fable Legends. It just doesn't look that appealing of a game, the last two games left a bad taste in my mouth (especially Fable 3). With Legends being a F2P game though, I'll definitely give it a look when it releases, but I don't expect much out of it.

Can't really find a game to compare it to, just plays a lot different than expected. It's graphically appealing as well.

Also Fable 2 is pretty great, yet to play Fable 3 though.
Fable 2 is the high light of the series imo. Fable 3 was fun but not as great as 2. Legends is just a good F2P game unfortunately. When I watched dev video of it and they said we want to create a service, I groaned and lost all interest.

Fable 2 is the high light of the series imo. Fable 3 was fun but not as great as 2. Legends is just a good F2P game unfortunately. When I watched dev video of it and they said we want to create a service, I groaned and lost all interest.
I also enjoyed Fable 3 and agree that 2 is the best. That reminds me, I need to play anniversary one of these days. With that said I have no interest in Legends, however with it free to play I might give it a go just to check it out.

Xbox related, ok now the sleeping avatar on my sig is bugging me. Isn't there a way to pose your avatar for that? I remember there was a thing but that was a few years ago so I've forgotten what you need to do.

Sorry if this has been covered but I just got my Xbox one yesterday and was curious about something. I have a code for Fallout 3 and was just wondering if it comes with the dlc? Or does it have to be bought separately?

so i apologize if this is a dumb question...but i just got an xbox one today so i'm still getting the hang of it. i went to the games/apps section to see my games that are ready to install for backwards compatibility, and fable 2 isn't showing even though i own it digitally on xbox 360. i went to my 360 in the games section and fable 2 is there, and it shows a little + under the logo and says "XBox One" next to it, and i loaded it up to make sure it played and all that, but it doesn't show on my xbox one. any ideas why this may be happening?

so i apologize if this is a dumb question...but i just got an xbox one today so i'm still getting the hang of it. i went to the games/apps section to see my games that are ready to install for backwards compatibility, and fable 2 isn't showing even though i own it digitally on xbox 360. i went to my 360 in the games section and fable 2 is there, and it shows a little + under the logo and says "XBox One" next to it, and i loaded it up to make sure it played and all that, but it doesn't show on my xbox one. any ideas why this may be happening?
The only things I can think of would be make sure you are signed in with the same profile that it was bought with, and obviously that it was a digital purchase.

Are your other games showing up?

bread's done
Back