Xbox One on the way. DRM removed, more details to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RiPPn']Since physical media is basically useless (just a way to load data onto their machine if they have crappy internet) displaying the cases is meaningless. I bet they won't even have copy protection on the disks since there is no need for it. DRM is all handled by the license. Just like PC games, and nobody displays those.[/QUOTE]

why would the disc be useless? if you need to free up space you delete games an then when you want to play it again reinstall it. plus i like game cases and it's a place to store the disc.

they 100 percent will have copy right protection on the disk. people could sit here and make tons and tons of copys of the game and send them to people around the country and give everyone access to the gamer tag lol.

[quote name='cancerman1120']XBOX ONE Case Layout.

Already better since there seems to be no "Better with Kinect" banner on them.

BK-aashCEAEG1sm-610x831.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's cause Kinect won't be optional...

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']why would the disc be useless? if you need to free up space you delete games an then when you want to play it again reinstall it. plus i like game cases and it's a place to store the disc.[/QUOTE]

You've named about the only scenario this would be necessary. And with 500GB and being able to attach USB drives, this is probably not going to be something you have to do.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']they 100 percent will have copy right protection on the disk. people could sit here and make tons and tons of copys of the game and send them to people around the country and give everyone access to the gamer tag lol.[/QUOTE]

A copy does nothing without the license, and since you can only be logged in at 1 location at a time, good luck with that one. Nobody does it with their accounts on the 360 so no reason to think they would do it on the XO. And if you did share your xbox live account, if you didn't have the disk, you can just download the data from the store, the license already proves you own it.

was thinking about it today this register a game with gamer tag makes no sense. What if group of people make a gamertag they would share with each other buy a game install the game on every system using that gamertag and share the gamer tag and play when other people are not using the tag.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']they 100 percent will have copy right protection on the disk. people could sit here and make tons and tons of copys of the game and send them to people around the country and give everyone access to the gamer tag lol.[/QUOTE]

Yes because 100s of the same gamer tag could log in across the country and Microsoft would have no idea. :roll:

Do you have any clue what you're talking about?

[quote name='RiPPn']You've named about the only scenario this would be necessary. And with 500GB and being able to attach USB drives, this is probably not going to be something you have to do.

A copy does nothing without the license, and since you can only be logged in at 1 location at a time, good luck with that one. Nobody does it with their accounts on the 360 so no reason to think they would do it on the XO.[/QUOTE]

360 games have copy protection. i have one gamertag i share with other family members for arcade games.

[quote name='confoosious']Yes because 100s of the same gamer tag could log in across the country and Microsoft would have no idea. :roll:

Do you have any clue what you're talking about?[/QUOTE]

did i ever say 100's? what would stop someone from having like five people they share a gamertag with and unprotecte game burn a copy for each person.

plus what if the used fee to get a new code is NOT full retail price people could make a gem out of burning games lol

their is nothing in live tos about sharing gamer tag with someone unless it changes with x1

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']I doubt the PS4 will have composite outputs either. Honestly, if you have the money to drop $500 on a new next gen console, you can drop half of that on a crappy 32" LCD. At this point the only reason 95% of gamers should have SDTVs is for old school gaming.[/QUOTE]

It has a legacy analog AV output.

http://www.psu.com/a018441/

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']360 games have copy protection. i have one gamertag i share with other family members for arcade games.[/QUOTE]

Do you not understand that the way XO's gamertag and digital content is setup is exactly the same way as it is on the 360. One reason they are putting out physical copies is to give the illusion that you can still buy something physically, when in reality this is an all digital universe. There will be no difference to buying the game on demand and downloading it or buying the physical copy, installing from the disk. (downloading) The license on the server side will look identical.

And just like the 360 days when you login to your gamertag on a friends 360 you have access to all digital purchases.

The only twist to all this is they say there will be a used games market, which means you may be able to deactivate and sell the license, but who knows, can't wait to see how they roll that out.

[quote name='DNukem170']I also know people that have very large non-HD TVs as their main viewing TV.[/QUOTE]

Really? Cause I don't know one single person without an HDTV in their living room. Even my 80-year-old grandfather has one.

[quote name='RiPPn']Do you not understand that the way XO's gamertag and digital content is setup is exactly the same way as it is on the 360. The only reason they are putting out physical copies is to give the illusion that you can still buy something physically, when in reality this is an all digital universe. There will be no difference to buying the game on demand and downloading it or buying the physical copy, installing from the disk. (downloading) The license on the server side will look identical.

And just like the 360 days when you login to your gamertag on a friends 360 you have access to all digital purchases.[/QUOTE]

what you just said makes zero since lol. the u.s internet backbone is not good enough to allow every single person to download a giant game. i have 60 mbps and ps3 games that are 14 gb's take me like a hour to download but more like 40 mins on 360 servers. With that said phisical disc are not useless at all.

u.s internet backbone can't handle every single person to live in all digital world yet and streaming everything. when it comes to internet quality u.s is one of the worst countrys. plus with alot of home internet companys putting caps on data usage every month it will be hard for people to download 15 gb game when they are only allowed like 250 gb of internet usage a month.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']what you just said makes zero since lol. the u.s internet backbone is not good enough to allow every single person to download a giant game. i have 60 mbps and ps3 games that are 14 gb's take me like a hour to download but more like 40 mins on 360 servers. With that said phisical disc are not useless at all.[/QUOTE]

Right the 3 reasons for having physical copies:

1. For people with poor connections or bandwidth restriction to have access to game data
2. Give B&M stores something to sell alongside the console and accessories
3. Give the illusion that we aren't technically in an all digital distribution world

plus with phisical disk it allows me to bring it anyplace that has a x1 download my gamertag install game in 3 mins an not wait how long it takes to download game.

[quote name='RiPPn']Right the 3 reasons for having physical copies:

1. For people with poor connections or bandwidth restriction to have access to game data
2. Give B&M stores something to sell alongside the console and accessories
3. Give the illusion that we aren't technically in an all digital distribution world[/QUOTE]

to be honest i hope we don't get into everything digital including movies,video games,music it's going to happen but unless u.s government puts out better internet backbone it will all fail.

[quote name='DestroVega']Really? Cause I don't know one single person without an HDTV in their living room. Even my 80-year-old grandfather has one.[/QUOTE]

Not everyone lives in middle-class suburbia, with hundreds to spend on TVs.

[quote name='sicsonic']Not everyone lives in middle-class suburbia, with hundreds to spend on TVs.[/QUOTE]

they can't buy a 30 inch hdtv for like 350 but can buy a game system for 500 bucks?

[quote name='DestroVega']Really? Cause I don't know one single person without an HDTV in their living room. Even my 80-year-old grandfather has one.[/QUOTE]
3rmszg.jpg

[quote name='confoosious']Yes because 100s of the same gamer tag could log in across the country and Microsoft would have no idea. :roll:
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']did i ever say 100's? what would stop someone from having like five people they share a gamertag with and unprotecte game burn a copy for each person.[/QUOTE]

Because "tons and tons of copys" = five people. FFS

[quote name='confoosious']Because "tons and tons of copys" = five people. FFS[/QUOTE]

what happens if used game fee is like say old price of online passes ten bucks. no protection on disc = burning tons of copys sell them for 60 bucks. really why does my comments sound dumb to you but a guy says they will not put copy protection on a video game not seem dumb?

that's like saying why put copy protection on dvd's and music cd's seeing most movies can be streamed and most music can be streamed also but they still have copy protection on them.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']that's like saying why put copy protection on dvd's and music cd's seeing most movies can be streamed and most music can be streamed also but they still have copy protection on them.[/QUOTE]

How old are you? I feel like I'm explaining stuff to my son. But here goes, do you have to enter a license key to activate the movie or music on any device? Okay so it's not the same thing.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']what happens if used game fee is like say old price of online passes ten bucks. no protection on disc = burning tons of copys sell them for 60 bucks. really why does my comments sound dumb to you but a guy says they will not put copy protection on a video game not seem dumb?[/QUOTE]

There won't be an online pass, it's going to be a full license. And per rumors it's going to cost full retail. So the disc is worthless unless you have the license.

Do you have any clue what you're talking about?[/QUOTE]

They don't even need to take turns. Just connect to the server every day and then disconnect that gamer tag from the Internet. They could all be sharing and playing single player games at the same time. It's likely MS would catch on if tons of ppl are using the same tag.

it's just funny i get bashed on things left and right even if the things are my opinion and nothing else. but when i call out a guy for saying media like video games will not have copy protection on it i get bashed. it's like people bash me so they look cool.

[quote name='RiPPn']How old are you? I feel like I'm explaining stuff to my son. But here goes, do you have to enter a license key to activate the movie or music on any device? Okay so it's not the same thing.[/QUOTE]

pc games have keys and they have copy protection on the disc :facepalm:

my question is, Microsoft knew that the PS4 was going to have DDR5 RAM since February so why the hell would they decide to use DDR3? I thought MS waiting for Sony to reveal first meant they would definitely try to outdo Sony in terms of specs

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']to be honest i hope we don't get into everything digital including movies,video games,music it's going to happen but unless u.s government puts out better internet backbone it will all fail.[/QUOTE]
going... it is already starting... Have you stepped into a Best Buy recently? Music department is literally nothing. DVD/Bluray just shrunk plenty of rows.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']my question is, Microsoft knew that the PS4 was going to have DDR5 RAM since February so why the hell would they decide to use DDR3? I thought MS waiting for Sony to reveal first meant they would definitely try to outdo Sony in terms of specs[/QUOTE]

companys have had dev kits of these systems since mid to late last year. that's why

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']it's just funny i get bashed on things left and right even if the things are my opinion and nothing else. but when i call out a guy for saying media like video games will not have copy protection on it i get bashed. it's like people bash me so they look cool.[/QUOTE]

You guys remember Baby Bash? Sugar Sugar how you get so fllyyyyyy

[quote name='lordopus99']going... it is already starting... Have you stepped into a Best Buy recently? Music department is literally nothing. DVD/Bluray just shrunk plenty of rows.[/QUOTE]

sadly the backbone of internet in this country still sucks an will only get worse with internet usage caps going lower and lower

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']pc games have keys and they have copy protection on the disc :facepalm:[/QUOTE]

The PC is also an open platform, and it's very easy to download a crack so having the data out there is way different than having it on a closed system like the Xbox.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']my question is, Microsoft knew that the PS4 was going to have DDR5 RAM since February so why the hell would they decide to use DDR3? I thought MS waiting for Sony to reveal first meant they would definitely try to outdo Sony in terms of specs[/QUOTE]

Well DDR5 RAM doesn't exist, what the PS3 is using is GDDR5 RAM which is actually a variant of DDR3. It's just much faster and has more bandwidth, but has latency issues which is why it isn't used in PCs for system RAM. However Sony has managed to design the console to negate the bandwidth issue for the CPU, but they get all the benefit of it for graphical computations. So to answer, it's not just simply just choosing DDR3 or GDDR5, it would have required Microsoft to redesign the entire system.

[quote name='RiPPn']The PC is also an open platform, and it's very easy to download a crack so having the data out there is way different than having it on a closed system like the Xbox.[/QUOTE]

yes that's why 360 is full of hacks and piracy. this code thing yes it's because game companys are mad of used games plus it's microsoft mad that piracy is a major problem on the 360. With that said it will not take long till someone figures out a way to play games on x1 with out ever have to be online and not having copy protection on disc would turn into nightmare. x1 is a electronic every electronic is hackable.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']yes that's why 360 is full of hacks and piracy. this code thing yes it's because game companys are mad of used games plus it's microsoft mad that piracy is a major problem on the 360. With that said it will not take long till someone figures out a way to play games on x1 with out ever have to be online and not having copy protection on disc would turn into nightmare. x1 is a electronic every electronic is hackable.[/QUOTE]

My point in saying they don't need to have copy protection on the disc was more to help you understand how the disc has no value. But yeah you are probably right, they will probably still put copy protection on the disc as a preventative measure.

[quote name='wwe101']This thing sounds like a piece of shit. WTF Microsoft. I guess it will be PS4 for me.[/QUOTE]

what happens if ps4 pulls the same tricks which is possible with EA droping online pass

so many unanswerd question about ps4 and x1 not sure how anyone can say screw x1 ps4 is what im buying. i can't remember the last system to have so many unanswered question after system reveals. only one that comes to my mind is wii u but that was announced year and half before release not six months before.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']what happens if ps4 pulls the same tricks which is possible with EA droping online pass[/QUOTE]

Then I will just stay on PS3 and laugh at them when they realize nobody is going to buy those scam consoles.

[quote name='RiPPn']XBLA and Games on Demand have not been cracked in the 8 years they have been out. I believe Microsoft feels very secure in their protection scheme which is why they are moving everything to it. Now you might be right, they may still put copy protection on the disc as a preventative measure, but as it stands right now, there is no need for it.[/QUOTE]
Do you mean they haven't been cracked in the sense that a standard 360 can't play them without getting them from Microsoft? Sure, but the same could be said for the 360 disc based games. All 360 content has been available on modified consoles for a while though so I don't how the X1 would be any more secure in the long run, especially with games still being sold on disc, data is there, just need to activate it. It'll take some time but it'll be cracked in some way. If anything I fully expect there to be a huge push to crack the X1 from the start just to shove it to Microsoft on their DRM schemes.

Screw both. No way in hell I will buy a system that does not have a tangible game that I can take with me anywhere and play on any system with no problems.

[quote name='JP']Do you mean they haven't been cracked in the sense that a standard 360 can't play them without getting them from Microsoft? Sure, but the same could be said for the 360 disc based games. All 360 content has been available on modified consoles for a while though so I don't how the X1 would be any more secure in the long run, especially with games still being sold on disc, data is there, just need to activate it. It'll take some time but it'll be cracked in some way. If anything I fully expect there to be a huge push to crack the X1 from the start just to shove it to Microsoft on their DRM schemes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I hadn't looked in to hacking the 360 in years, so I actually researched and modified my post after finding out you can indeed pirate XBLA content.

[quote name='wwe101']Screw both. No way in hell I will buy a system that does not have a tangible game that I can take with me anywhere and play on any system with no problems.[/QUOTE]

people can fight them but sooner or later if you want a new game to play you will have to buy one or buy a high end gaming pc

[quote name='RiPPn']Yeah I hadn't looked in to hacking the 360 in years, so I actually researched and modified my post after finding out you can indeed pirate XBLA content.[/QUOTE]

people even found a way to hack microsoft points codes. What is not to say that they will not do the same for x1 game activation codes seeing im sure they are on servers just like pre paid live point codes. which is another reason why game disc will have copy protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back