Xbox One S 2TB + Halo 5 LE + Doom + Quantum - $400 Ebay Newegg

This thing must REALLY not be selling.
Perhaps. Although I wouldn't be shocked if Microsoft has incentivized some sales by offering volume bonuses or something like that to retailers to make a big opening splash. Maybe Newegg can dump excess game inventory and also earn sales bonuses from Microsoft at the same time. I'm sure the last thing Microsoft wants is to get outsold by PS4 in the month of August. That would be catastrophic. Even close sales numbers will look bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
damn it do u guys think the new bundles are better specifically the one with 4 games ? i actually wanted the division lol

I'm sure stuff like Halo 5 and Quantum Break are sunk costs to Newegg, so they don't even figure into it. They're dumping unsold stock for a write off at this point. 

But the cost of the system, the cost of Doom, eBay fees and shipping (and I'm sure Newegg gets some sweetheart deals on both, but it's certainly not free for either), I can't see how there's any money to be made on the thing. 

And if Microsoft is giving incentives or whatever, then why even bother with charging $399.99 for it in the first place? Why isn't Best Buy, Gamestop, and Walmart also pushing sales with bundles and such? 

Nah, I believe Newegg fears being stuck with these things in light of the cheaper units coming out at the end of the month which are bundled with games natively. 

Actually it's selling well at retail. Both my best buys are almost out of the original shipment received on Tuesday. Each had 16 to begin with. Now both have about 5 or 6.

Well I opened my package when I got to work and 2 of the 3 games are missing (Halo and QB). Hopefully they will let me get R6 and The Division instead since I dont have those games... still no reply from newegg though...

I'm sure stuff like Halo 5 and Quantum Break are sunk costs to Newegg, so they don't even figure into it. They're dumping unsold stock for a write off at this point.
But the cost of the system, the cost of Doom, eBay fees and shipping (and I'm sure Newegg gets some sweetheart deals on both, but it's certainly not free for either), I can't see how there's any money to be made on the thing.
And if Microsoft is giving incentives or whatever, then why even bother with charging $399.99 for it in the first place? Why isn't Best Buy, Gamestop, and Walmart also pushing sales with bundles and such?
Nah, I believe Newegg fears being stuck with these things in light of the cheaper units coming out at the end of the month which are bundled with games natively.
What? That makes no sense. Newegg fears being stuck with a brand new item? If they did, they just wouldn't have ordered them.

Well I guess even without the eBay bucks the 3 other games are worth more than these 4 games so it's fine 😛 Or I'll just tell myself that to be happy 😂😂😂

MS wants to keep the price at certain price points for many reasons, but might incentivize the backend for retailers to move for of the product. If MS drops the price, they can't raise it back up without major problems. If they incentivize the backend, they can take away those incentives and no one will know. Also, incentives give retailers the freedom to have more flexibility with how they incentivize purchases (i.e. dumping off old stock of inventory games, etc.). Perhaps Best Buy, Gamestop, etc. aren't pushing sales harder because they are comfortable with their numbers, weren't incentivized as well, or simply want to make more of a profit than Newegg.

These are all just suppositions since I know little about retail backend deals like this.

Yeah, when you look at the numbers they only offered 800 units through the original deal. Not a lot of systems in the grand scheme of things. It's just weird to me. 

Do we still have a "Trade-In" guide here on CAG...?  Didn't see one for Gamestop - which does not publicize their game values.

Any other places?

Best Buy values:

* Quantum Break = $10.00

* Halo 5 = $25.00

* Doom = $25.00

Walmart values:

* Quantum Break = $18.56

* Halo 5 = $17.42

* Doom = $20.14

Amazon values:

* Quantum Break = $11.67

* Halo 5 LE = $12.48

* Doom = ??

Do we still have a "Trade-In" guide here on CAG...? Didn't see one for Gamestop - which does not publicize their game values.

Any other places?

Best Buy values:

* Quantum Break = $10.00

* Halo 5 = $25.00

* Doom = $25.00

Walmart values:

* Quantum Break = $18.56

* Halo 5 = $17.42

* Doom = $20.14

Amazon values:

* Quantum Break = $11.67

* Halo 5 LE = $12.48

* Doom = ??
actually its easy to get the gamestop values just goto gamestop.com and press "trade values" on top and it gives them for you right there..i think gamestop is giving close to $20 for quantum break last i checked

This thing must REALLY not be selling.
I'd say it's selling ok although I also see that many people are probably like me who still have yet to buy an XB1 and has no time for it with PS4 and Wii U. I like the XB1 it's just with economic conditions so bad I could never justify putting down hundreds on something that would get played very little & primarily catch dust as my Wii U has been doing more than I care to admit. Heck, I still have a couple of hundred games on PS3, 360, and Wii I want to get to but can't for PS4, NES, and PS2. Gaming market is just so saturated & these big titles like No man's sky and GTA V which are basically games one can play for years are not helping that any.

Do we still have a "Trade-In" guide here on CAG...? Didn't see one for Gamestop - which does not publicize their game values.

Any other places?

Best Buy values:

* Quantum Break = $10.00

* Halo 5 = $25.00

* Doom = $25.00

Walmart values:

* Quantum Break = $18.56

* Halo 5 = $17.42

* Doom = $20.14

Amazon values:

* Quantum Break = $11.67

* Halo 5 LE = $12.48

* Doom = ??
Gamestop has an app that gives up realtime TIVs.

Well I opened my package when I got to work and 2 of the 3 games are missing (Halo and QB). Hopefully they will let me get R6 and The Division instead since I dont have those games... still no reply from newegg though...

Well this is not good lol... Anyone else have games missing?

It has nothing about predicting the future. Your theory defied logic.
It has everything to do with predicting the future. But I've ceded the argument. Newegg is just giving away hundreds of dollars worth of games because they're a swell company.

p.s. Finally got home, all the games were in the box.

I'm not going to play the copy of doom that came in today - it's going straight to Best Buy.

If anyone wants the multiplayer pack code that came with the game, help yourself:

KJ93F-RX44T-VT2TF-XFMWH-K22XZ

I'm not going to play the copy of doom that came in today - it's going straight to Best Buy.

If anyone wants the multiplayer pack code that came with the game, help yourself:

KJ93F-RX44T-VT2TF-XFMWH-K22XZ
Thank you for listing the code. I really appreciate it.

It has everything to do with predicting the future. But I've ceded the argument. Newegg is just giving away hundreds of dollars worth of games because they're a swell company.

p.s. Finally got home, all the games were in the box.
:roll:

As others have said, this is one hell of a deal. Too bad it's sold out. 3 of the best on X1 and all for the same price as the Slim.

It's been 2 days and Newegg hasn't replied to my message about the missing games...  on top of all this, there doesn't seem to be a way to file a claim  against them on ebay.  I am pretty disappointed as they are usually pretty good with CS.

Talked to a newegg rep via live chat on their website...  the lady told me the other 2 games shipped seperately then gave me a tracking # that didn't work.  I will wait until the 10th before getting too aggravated.  I find it weird that they would ship them separate when they didn't do this for anyone else it seems...

It's been 2 days and Newegg hasn't replied to my message about the missing games... on top of all this, there doesn't seem to be a way to file a claim against them on ebay. I am pretty disappointed as they are usually pretty good with CS.

Talked to a newegg rep via live chat on their website... the lady told me the other 2 games shipped seperately then gave me a tracking # that didn't work. I will wait until the 10th before getting too aggravated. I find it weird that they would ship them separate when they didn't do this for anyone else it seems...
I didn't receive the console yet (think tracking said Tues), but I can confirm that today I received Doom only in a bubble mailer. So there's hope that yours shipped out like that as well.

New Bundle worth biting? Maybe $100 worth of games?
I think so, looks like you can get an average of $20 per game on Amazon, coupled with no tax outside California, the free Kinect adapter if you have Kinect, and eBay bucks.. it is going to be tough to match this deal even on black Friday. Just wish I would have got the eBay bucks promotion to really make this a deal.

I was interested in getting a Xbox 1S, but I am seeing people reporting that their consoles are making a buzzing sound. Anyone who has received their console, have you heard a buzzing sound?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUNIgja6RYg

And just to confirm, this new XBOX One S model, like the fat one, you also cannot swap out the internal HDD to upgrade capacity correct? (Meaning if you wanted more space, youd need to connect a HDD externally via the USB port?)

Just got my free Xbox one s Kinect adapter in the mail from Microsoft. 4 day turnaround is pretty good. But mannnn is this thing huge lol. The box for it is almost half the box of the Xbox one s. So much for no more power brick lol...

I got my Kinect adapter  a few days ago.  The box was so big and heavy I thought it had a connect inside too.  Still cool that MS gave these out free and it didn't take long to get.

Now I just need to figure out the best way to get rid of my day one XB1.

everybody complains about ebay fees being too high but they dont realize ebay eats all the money from these fake auctions that they love to participate in but never get anything out of. you are just feeding the scammers.

Stop wasting people's time.
lockemad.gif

But seriously wannabe internet forum sheriff, don't.

lockemad.gif

But seriously wannabe internet forum sheriff, don't.
I don't give a fuck what you do on the forums. See ritchard's note above. You're just driving up prices with your stupid "oh well I'm protected by eBay/PayPal derrrr" thinking.

It'd be kind of funny if eBay said "sorry, not gonna refund you due to stupidity."

I don't give a fuck what you do on the forums. See ritchard's note above. You're just driving up prices with your stupid "oh well I'm protected by eBay/PayPal derrrr" thinking.

It'd be kind of funny if eBay said "sorry, not gonna refund you due to stupidity."
Really? Cause it seems like you do. And I hate to break the news to you, but I already got my refund ;)

Judging from your saltiness I'm guessing Ebay hasn't given you a refund before. Either that, or you're actually mad that you're going to have to pay an extra $0.0000000001 on you're next Ebay purchase because of me.

Are they saying same thing about the other white systems (1 and 1.5TB)? Sounds like those are sticking around as the basic model and will keep updating the 2TB to whatever the hottest game out is.
Yeah it appears that the 2TB model will be used as their premium line until Scopio comes out.. so limited launch edition, Gears Special Edition, and whatever other premium models they think of that will get a limited run.

There was another Newegg bundle on ebay that came with MGSV, The DIvision, R6S, and dome other game (maybe Fallout 4) but it's already sold out.

bread's done
Back