Do you use firefox ?

rajchakrabarti

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
If you do, check out this patch that makes pages load even quicker. (I use it and its pretty good... just try loading cheapassgamer.. its fast.

Here is the link : FireFox Patch
It is virus/spyware/malware free. (but scan it yourself if you don't believe me)

i know many are reluctant to download things, but read the comments and reviews from these forums

bot2k3
Porchtalk
AnandTech

Edit: quick description on how it works
its a small tweak that can be applied to firefox that allows you to have multiple server connections in order to load the page faster. -taken from anandtech

Mmm...it's installed, but so far the difference seems to be minimal. Fark and Slashdot both seem to be coming up quicker, though.

I think I'll leave this installed for a while and see if I can notice a difference. Thanks for the link, OP. :)

hmm why do I get an error and it works for everyone else
it says
Run-time error '429'
ActiveX Component can't create object

I use it, and already have the patch installed. I'll say this, after 3 months of using Firefox I'll never go back to IE. The tabbed browser function is something I use every single day.

I dont know if I want to use this. Right before I got it downloaded, the file title came up as "Sik-Kunts". WTF?

speaking of firefox, ive gotten a few pop ups with it recently, WTF! I guess all they news on firefox made the kids learn how to do pop ups :(

[quote name='iheartmetal']speaking of firefox, ive gotten a few pop ups with it recently, WTF! I guess all they news on firefox made the kids learn how to do pop ups :([/quote]

Yeah, some make it past it's pop-up blocker every so often for me, too. Of course, they promptly run straight into adblock, so it's still all good.

I actually manually adjusted the settings on my Firefox to make it even faster than the patch itself. Instant pageloads.

[quote name='Moxio']I actually manually adjusted the settings on my Firefox to make it even faster than the patch itself. Instant pageloads.[/quote]

what did you do?

I do a lot of online shopping but I have difficulty on submiting my order online via FireFox. It happens on ebgames.com, bestbuy.com, amazon.com, circuitcity.com, etc.

When I clieck "Place my order" or "submit order", the page just never loads. I have no way but switch back to IE in order to place my order.

To conclude, I don't really recommand Firefox. Except for that, Firefox is good though.

[quote name='andersontsia']I do a lot of online shopping but I have difficulty on submiting my order online via FireFox. It happens on ebgames.com, bestbuy.com, amazon.com, circuitcity.com, etc.

When I clieck "Place my order" or "submit order", the page just never loads. I have no way but switch back to IE in order to place my order.

To conclude, I don't really recommand Firefox. Except for that, Firefox is good though.[/quote]

That's not normal. I have no problem ordering from any of those. What version of Fox are you using?

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='Moxio']I actually manually adjusted the settings on my Firefox to make it even faster than the patch itself. Instant pageloads.[/quote]

what did you do?[/quote]

He's probably talking about that: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/tips#oth_rendering[/quote]

Yes that, and some pipelining, connection, and cache setttings tweaked. I had a link for all of that somewhere, let me check...

[quote name='jmcc']
That's not normal. I have no problem ordering from any of those. What version of Fox are you using?[/quote]

FireFox 1.0 English Version.

I know it's strange, but I am too lazy to find out the reasons. When I surf online, I use FireFox. When I want to do some online shopping, I use IE. I am losing confidence of using Firefox right now. I do like its tab features though.

[quote name='Moxio'][quote name='jmcc'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='Moxio']I actually manually adjusted the settings on my Firefox to make it even faster than the patch itself. Instant pageloads.[/quote]

what did you do?[/quote]

He's probably talking about that: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/tips#oth_rendering[/quote]

Yes that, and some pipelining, connection, and cache setttings tweaked. I had a link for all of that somewhere, let me check...[/quote]

Please post the links for the tweaks. I want to tweak my Firefox to be faster too. When you do the tweaks, will it affect online shopping like make it not work or something or it won't affect it? Thanks.

As much as I like Firefox, it seems to have some bugs to me and I hope they fix the bugs in the future. The bug I experience include when I open multiple Firefox untabbed and switch to other opened Firefox it sometimes wouldn't let me go to other opened Firefox browser. And sometimes I need to press refresh to make shopping cart update the quantities. Is there a fix for these?

bread's done
Back