XBOX PRICE DROP!

Raider

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just got the new Wal-Mart ads in, the XBOX is now going to be on Rollback to the new price of $149.92 starting in April.

added by cheapyd
xboxpricedrop.jpg

They sure do. and is that PGR2 going to be $30 across all retailers or is that TRU ad a sale? Because if they're going to be dropping the price to $30 across all stores then I need to return mine to wal-mart quickly.

You know what I didn't even notice that. In all honesty I really have no idea what is going on with Microsoft. They didn't plan out any sort of release schedule for this year because they were all expecting Halo 2. Almost every first party title has been slashed in price.

These are not good signs. Not good signs at all. Ironically it reminds me of the N64 when Nintendo would have massive delays but never did they cut down their price so much for first party games so quickly.

These are not really good signs at all. I really think that Microsoft will try to release their next gen console first. It is sort of like they are loosing so much money on this now.

I mean I have an Xbox so I am not really a hater, I am a gamer who works at TRU so I see stuff. Sales are not steady for the Xbox. I mean hopefully this price drop will do something but Gamecubes are now starting to creep back in stores. We got some this week. Microsoft really should have dropped it's price where everywhere was sold out of gamecubes to get an advantage.

as longs as they make xbox games for at least 2 years I will be happy...
I bought a DC in 99 and it died in 2 years! At least my ps2 is still kicking out games and will be for a long time. I Just got my xbox and think it's a GREAT system, I just don't want to buy another system for a looong time..

That is the thing, the Xbox 2 might be out a year and a half before the PS3 or N5. That could be Microsoft's new plan and shifting away from the Xbox right now.

PS2 has been out for almost 4 years and its still high. I want the xbox to drop because if it does, the PS2 will also drop. Thats what happened last time, boy do i love competition.

The odd thing is that they drop the price and hope to make it up in sales of software... but then they also drop the price of software? Microsoft isn't evne trying to make money off the Xbox which we all sort of knew they wouldn't but to not really try is another thing.

[quote name='bingbangboom'] Sales are not steady for the Xbox. [/quote]

How do you figure? Xbox sales were up in January, typically a slow month for all consoles and I hardly think Ninja Gaiden is hurting anything.

Its a dry period for all consoles. Whats Nintendo or Sony released since the new year that flew off the shelves wildly?

Sales were higher because of the lack of Gamecubes.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles was the top selling game for that month. Sonic Heroes and Mario Kart were also top sellers.

I didn't say Ninja Gaiden is hurting sales, it just isn't giving it a big boost. It is mainly selling among it's core. Which is not really a bad thing but Ninja Gaiden was supposed to be a game that say would have brought over more PS2 gamers.

I work at Circuit city and were always selling out
running out of Gamcubes and gamecube stuff since january

Yeah, just wait when Pokemon Colosseum comes out. Whew... say what you will but Pokemon is a bigger system seller than quite possibly Ninja Gaiden & Splinter Cell: PT combined. Although I won't be buying it. One thing that will hurt MS also now that it is fully out there that Splinter Cell will be coming to GC & PS2. Last time it was just a very very strong rumor. So that won't really be selling systems.

[quote name='bingbangboom']Yeah, just wait when Pokemon Colosseum comes out. Whew... say what you will but Pokemon is a bigger system seller than quite possibly Ninja Gaiden & Splinter Cell: PT combined. Although I won't be buying it. [/quote]

Im pretty sure that all gamers are sick of the same old Pokemon Stadium/Colosseum shit that Nintendo keeps craming down our throats. I love Pokemon just as next as the next guy, but I would LOVE to see Colosseum tank and sell miserably. Maybe then Nintendo will make a halfway decent console game.

No kidding. I was talking to the manager at the Gamecrazy where I had put in my preorder for colleseum (I got mine as soon as Nintendo started the Jiraichi promotion), and he had told me that his store alone had done around 70 preorders for it.

That's just insane... he told me he only had about 20 for Ninja Gaiden (yet all of the copies he got flew off the shelves just the same).

[quote name='SS4Brolly'][quote name='bingbangboom']Yeah, just wait when Pokemon Colosseum comes out. Whew... say what you will but Pokemon is a bigger system seller than quite possibly Ninja Gaiden & Splinter Cell: PT combined. Although I won't be buying it. [/quote]

Im pretty sure that all gamers are sick of the same old Pokemon Stadium/Colosseum shit that Nintendo keeps craming down our throats. I love Pokemon just as next as the next guy, but I would LOVE to see Colosseum tank and sell miserably. Maybe then Nintendo will make a halfway decent console game.[/quote]

I don't think I can agree with that.. the full fledged RPG mode on Colleseum makes it radically different that Stadium. If Pokemon Box had made it to the US as a full priced release, then I complain right along with you... but Colleseum has its own full game, along with the same functionality as Stadium had.

I work at WalMart and the other day we got in about fifteen cases of Xboxs(we normally only have 1 or 2 cases). If they aren't going on Rollback then we sure are going to have a lot of Xboxs in the security room. BTW they have Amped 2 packed in with them.

bread's done
Back